78930 US Highway 40 Suite 3
Winter Park, CO 80482Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tabernashtavern.com/
- Phone: 9707264747
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Alberto Sapien
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Alberto's is available to cater your events at Alberto's or at your place.
A word from Alberto's
Experience Chef Alberto Sapien’s past, present and future culinary favorites. Alberto's specializes in hearty southwestern fare, thin crust pizza from our stone ovens, classic Italian entrees, generous portions of USDA prime aged beef as well as fresh fish, chicken and vegetarian entrees. Alberto's features an eclectic and affordable wine and beer selection to accompany Chef's creations. Our menu and wine selection change on a regular basis. After a day of fun in the mountains enjoy the relaxing setting and views of the continental divide from the upper level of Cooper Creek Square located in beautiful downtown Winter Park, Colorado!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alberto's reviews from OpenTable diners
- We were very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012We were very disappointed with our experience. We were sat a table that was so dark that we could not read the menus. We waited 20 minutes after being seated to get water. The menu was interesting but the food failed to deliver. We would not go back.
- They have very good food;DenWPVIPDined on 7/27/2012They have very good food; the service is just OK; the waitress made a 2 mistakes on a short bill. They need to work on improving wait staff training & customer service.
- The ahí nachos are incrediblyDenWPVIPDined on 6/22/2012The ahí nachos are incredibly delicious. We tried one pizza and there was so much cheese on it that it was nauseating. Luckily, they agreed to replace it with another pizza (wine and cheese), and it was very good. The waitress was OK. Both times we've been there lately the waitresses have acted very bored.
- This is a very, very goodDenWPVIPDined on 6/17/2012This is a very, very good restaurant in Winter Park. The chef is excellent; the decor is attractive; and they have a good happy hour & early bird discount, so what's not to like?!Special Features:
- DisappointingpickyDined on 6/8/2012Disappointing visit, especially after last Friday's visit to Tabernash Tavern and we were greeted by a hostess with a chip on her shoulder. Our waiter was more busy watching t.v. and helping the couple next to us, than checking on our table. The food seemed not as fresh as we have once enjoyed. Where is Al????? Perhaps Al is gone for the mud season and will hopefully reappear next weekend!
- Everyone's meal was outstanding.jondDined on 3/31/2012Everyone's meal was outstanding. Prices very appropriate for the fare. Terrific and very unusual Caesar salad. A must try. Only disappointment was the Banana Cream pie dessert.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in Winter ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/20/2012Alberto's is one of the best restaurants in the Winter Park area. If you're looking for a special night out and some fine dining, this is the place for you! The food is superb. I had the seafood risotto, which was out of this world.Special Features:
- Creative menu with a Latin twistOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2012We have dined at sister restaurant Tabernash Tavern many times, but this was our first time at Alberto's. We enjoyed the creativity of the menu, which was similar to Tabernash's, but with more of a Latin twist. The four of us all got different dishes, and each one of us really enjoyed our meal. Not your typical fare here! We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Good food - Waiter needs coaching.SirenaVIPDined on 3/12/2012this is a mixed review. Food taste was good. Waiter was not. While reviewing the menu he gave us his recommendations saying that one particular dish was his fav. When the food arrived 1 side item was missing & he admitted that he had forgotten to place the order in, which is weird because 2 people at our table ordered the same side. At the end of the meal he kept our credit card for about 15 mins - then just pointed out that it was sitting at the register "safely" while it took care of other tables. He said this was his 1st day, but at the beginning of meal he made recommendations from his knowledge of the menu.
- Basic ingredients of dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/10/2012Basic ingredients of dishes were of high quality and individually well prepared. However, too much was mixed on each plate so as to render the flavors a chaotic mess. For example, a salad with strawberries, blackberries, black beans, corn, bbq onions and pieces of chili meat? Wouldn't recommend it for the food.
- They have an excellent happyDenWPVIPDined on 3/7/2012They have an excellent happy hour. The ahi nachos are amazing; wine and cheese pizza is delicious; service is great & the ambience is very nice.Special Features:
- Go elsewhereOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/3/2012Can't really rate the food since we never got served. We went for our 11th anniversary, We showed up for our 7:30 reservation and was told - it will be 5 to 10 minutes. 20 minutes later I had to go to the server stand to see what was going on..there were empty tables. They had to set the table - so we sat down 25 minutes late. After 10 minutes the hostess stopped by - has your waitress been by? uhh, no - we were just waiting for my wife to finish her margarita to bail at that point. No real apology - just a - can we do something like buy you an appetizer. Really, an app? We left - if the front of house is that dysfunctional, there is a solid chance the back of house is in disarray as well. Do yourself a huge favor and try Deno's
- We were pleasantly surprised.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2012We were pleasantly surprised. Good for a group with adults and/or kids & a nice find in an otherwise 'boring' food scene....Special Features:
- this is more a review of theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012this is more a review of the review system you are using. The above item "Special Features" is hard to relate to. My input there would not help much. The stars rating is effective, and I do not give out stars lightly. I have to note that using stars as a measure of a restaurant is pro se confusing, as Michelin's world recognized ratings uses stars. The Alberto's would not/does not have five Michelin stars, though it is outstanding. The ratings for noise are duplicitous. A high level of noise is not "energetic for all of us. You forced me to call it energetic, when I expected the highest level of noise to be "annoying". Maybe you could have a fourth level with that name, above "energetic". "Kid friendly" is not a special feature.Special Features:
- Expected some eclectic southwesternOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/26/2012Expected some eclectic southwestern food, but it lacked seasoning. It tasted very "one-note". The pizzas looked good so we may go back to try those.
- Great restaurant in the centerRichDevVIPDined on 2/25/2012Great restaurant in the center of Winter Park. Beautiful setting and creative menu choices.. Sister restaurant to the fabulous Tabernash Tavern
- Nice variety of dishes, particularlOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/18/2012Nice variety of dishes, particularly for a place in the mountains. Cooking style very similar to Tabernash Tavern, they are affiliated. Good choice if TT is not available. Would recommend as one of the better places in Winter Park. A little pricy, but worth it.Special Features:
- We've been here many times.DenWPVIPDined on 2/15/2012We've been here many times. Alberto's is the 'brother' restaurant to Tabernash Tavern. It keeps improving in terms of its ambience; the music and decor are very nice. The paint and lighting make the stone touches pop. When we were there they had some very classic and pleasant 30s,40s and early 50s music. Now for the food: the tuna nachos appetizer is outstanding; paella is yummy; the pizzas are great and innovative. They have a very good happy hour. Service was professional and attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Innovative menu that transformsTablefanVIPDined on 2/12/2012Innovative menu that transforms ordinary into extraordinary.
- Foodie romance in Winter ParkOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/11/2012Alberto Sapien does it again with excellent dish creation and plating. Well priced and good wine & liquor list, including extensive selection of tequila. He hand pickles his jalapenos, which is a model of the attention to detail all the food receives. Highly recommend this and his Tabernash Tavern for a true foodie experience in the Winter Park area.Special Features:
- The food and service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012The food and service were great. We tried the taquito app, duck entree and Filetto Oscar entree which were all excellent. Despite living in another Colorado resort town, we don't have a restaurant like this so it was a nice birthday treat. We will definitely go back and would also like to try their sister restaurant in Tabernash.Special Features:
- Good Food the Rest Could Use WorkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Food was good, service was Fair. Not a bad setting. They include a 20% gratuity for parties of 6 or more. 20% seems a bit steep especially given the service we received but that seems to have become the norm (for parties of 6 or more) just more used to 17% or 18%. Food was the best part.Special Features:
- excellent staff and nice furnishingDailydinerDined on 1/6/2012excellent staff and nice furnishings the food was lacking however, a fine buffalo steak slathered in so much sauce and butter, it congealed to the plate. Limp tastless lettuce and the pizza was averageSpecial Features:
- Food was good but pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/2/2012Food was good but pricey. We had the Pallella and it wasn't what we thought it would be unfortunately (although tasty it was more like soup). Dessert choices not good. The place was pretty empty and we don't know if it was b/c it was an off-night right after the holidays or if the place just isn't thriving.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2011Great food and atmosphere. Pricier than most Winter Park restaurants, but worth it. The buffalo filet was terrific, as was the seafood chile rellano that comes with it. The passion fruit margarita was not too strong, but/and had an excellent flavor.Special Features:
- disappointed!!! went a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/24/2011disappointed!!! went a couple years ago after it first opened. It was really nice. But the menu has changed and now has nothing to do with Italian. Mussels were marginal. My daugter's steak was overly smothered....couldn't taste the steak. I won't be returning. :(
- Had to wait for our reservation.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Had to wait for our reservation. Seated next to a table with several small children. Communication among staff, although very friendly, not great. One server delivered one of our three meals and walked away, as our waiter walked away. Each must have assumed the other was serving. Had to retrieve our own food off of the tray, after a minute or two deciding if either would return. Staff seemed harried tonight. Food was fantastic, but not quite as "wow" as our first visit.Special Features:
- Food is always very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2011Food is always very good and superior to most of the boring menus in winter park. The portions are almost too large. The quality of the food at Alberto's wouldn't necessitate quantity. Sometimes the music isn't appropriate for this scale of restaurant (loud rock), but music was the right tone for christmas eve this time.
- Loved the food and we areOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/23/2011Loved the food and we are happy we chose tis restaurant.Special Features:
- Food and apps and drinks wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/2/2011Food and apps and drinks were great (Jalapeno Mangorita was unique and the flavors went well together).Special Features:
- Comfort food delivered atPenguinDined on 11/26/2011Comfort food delivered at a high level // Great wait staff // Wine list to go with the food // Well doneSpecial Features:
- Alberto's was not open forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2011Alberto's was not open for business and had I not called the restaurant in advance I would not have known that. It should not have been available on line for a reservation.
- stay away from sauce ladenAndyVIPDined on 10/28/2011stay away from sauce laden entrees - super drenched mole pork and over the top amounts of goat cheese in a duck entree -Special Features:
- Excellent steak; modest wineprufrockDined on 9/9/2011Excellent steak; modest wine list; very nice view and ambience, but music was a bit over the top where we were sitting. Responsive waitress but service was a little slow with dessert (molten chocolate cake). It was definitely worth the wait.
- Excellent as always. SteakDonBDined on 8/19/2011Excellent as always. Steak and Lobster Pizza was outstanding !
- Green chili paella and steakDenWPVIPDined on 8/18/2011Green chili paella and steak & lobster pizza were excellent choices. Also, their wine and beer choices are top-notch, although not extensive. This is the best food in Winter Park.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, uniqueBillDined on 8/12/2011The food was excellent, unique with a southwestern touch. While the waiter was personable and attentive, he was a bit vague on menu and winelist questions. Our only real complaint was the timing of the service. The salad appeared first, shortly followed by the appetizer soup. We barely had time to finish these when the entres appeared. Maybe OK for quick family dining, but inapropriate for an $80 (not including taxes and tip) per couple dining experience. The ambiance was OK -- nothing special. But food quality is the most important aspect of eating out, and we would return for it. We would probably just mention in advance our expectations on the pace and timing of service.
- The menu has changed but theSandyDined on 8/11/2011The menu has changed but the food is still very good. Seafood paella was wonderful, we will definitely go back. Our waiter was very good. He was efficient and knowledgableSpecial Features:
- I had the paella and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/5/2011I had the paella and it was outstanding. My husband had the duck and although the mole sauce was incredible, the duck itself was a little overcooked and dry. Overall a very good restaurant with very good service and a very interesting menu. I want to come back and try it again.Special Features:
- Chef Al is a genius! HispickyDined on 7/30/2011Chef Al is a genius! His wait staff exemplary. All he needs is a spot with a bit more character (bring back The Shed) and perfect-o.Special Features: