71416 Highway 111
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertos-ristorante.com/
- Phone: 7603463221x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining is not always available during peak season. During non peak season, we can see if there is availability.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Pagliari 7603463221x
A word from Alberto's Ristorante
Alberto's is a hidden gem serving local residence and international celebrities for the past 34 years. The intimate dining room gives you the feeling that you are in a lovely home or private club. The cozy cocktail bar, friendly service, authentic Northern Italian Cuisine makes Alberto's a must.Featured menu items are homemade Ravioli, Gnocchi, Manicotti, and Cannelloni, Veal dishes,such as our world famous Osso Buco,double broiled veal chop. Several Signature dishes consists of veal rapallo, veal garibaldi and Chicken Pappagallo. Also serving fresh white Fish, scampi and prime steak. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alberto's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelModerate
- DisappointingCoastDinersDined on 5/31/2014We knew the Alberto's of Los Angeles and had visited many, many times and had been to the desert locale only once before this visit. The food and service at the LA restaurant was outstanding, admittedly a long time ago. Our experience here was disappointing beyond words. We ordered a bottle of wine, and, when finally brought, was the wrong year and not a reserve as advertised. We asked for a different wine, only to be brought the wrong year again. They had neither wine on the menu. We settled on a bottle after chatting with the bartender to find what they did have. The food was average at best. The cannelloni was heavy, not light. The decor was dark and dated. Plus, an old dilapidated car was parked under the restaurant sign.
- foodPSFoodieDined on 5/25/2014The service was excellent, my only comment would be our entrée were a the salty side.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberto's RistoranteLuv2DineDined on 5/11/2014Alberto's Ristorante was a recommendation that's turned into a favorite for repeat visits. Food was excellent & service was superb. A real desert gem!Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014I made a reservation, and received a confirmation. However, when I arrived at the restaurant, they were already closed. Even no apologies. I claims this is a serious problem that this restaurant should no longer be a member of Opentable. I would like to hear the reason why this has happended.
- 2nd VisitWinedudeVIPDined on 5/4/2014Our second visit to Alberto's was similar to our first. We ordered veal dishes, which were both excellent. Our only complaint is that the veal portions were a bit skimpy. The Caesar salad was not very tasty. It was almost devoid of any garlic or mustard in the dressing. Desserts were excellent...cheesecake and cappuccino ice cream. The wine list is small and generally uninspiring. Alberto's has apparently been in business for many years and obviously has a following. We just think they can tweak a few things to make the restaurant even more interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianWinedudeVIPDined on 4/16/2014Our first visit to Alberto's was a good one. Really good food in a cozy setting. Service was friendly but not very attentive or interested in helping on menu choices. The veal was as good as I've ever had, and the Chicken Pappagallo was excellent as well. Solid pasta choices and some heavenly cappuccino ice cream for dessert. The wine list is limited...would have liked to see some better Italian selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAST FOODVealLoverDined on 4/10/2014Res for 4 at 6pm. We arrived at 6pm. Restaurant fairly empty. Nice booth and the waiter (who's name was Alberto) took our drink orders and brought us drinks and menus. We gave our orders and were sipping drinks and the salad arrived. Good Cesar salad. We were just finishing our salads and our main meal arrived. We were so disappointed with the fast service. Even with a little desert we were out of there 7.10. Much too fast. Not a very good experience for us.
- Wonderful mealTupelo2Dined on 4/9/2014Arrived late, traffic. Hostess said, no problem.. Bread arrived, followed by our server? He answered questions, took orders and left. Drinks arrived. Then a most wonderful meal arrived. Great service and great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatRitaVIPDined on 4/4/2014Another marvelous dining experience in a family owned business. All selections are wonderful. Don't miss the osso bucco. It was the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now at the top of my dining list!golfgirlVIPDined on 3/14/2014If you like old style Italian dining, this is the place! I ordered the Veal Garibaldi and my husband had the veal Marsala. We both said it was the best ever. The service was attentive and friendly. Do not be put off by the bland exterior of the restaurant. It gets very crowded, so be sure to make reservations. Fabulous food. Can't wait to return to the desert!Special Features:
- Hidden SecretOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2014Alberto's is so very special from the very warm welcome to the fabulous food to the incredible service! We will definitely return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oso Bucco is outstanding.DickDined on 3/6/2014Oso Bucco is outstanding. Limited wine list and a bit pricey. Best Italian in the Valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuaintChudsonDined on 2/27/2014Wonderful decor, traditional not contemporary but that is what gives this gem it's charm ! Authentic Italian food, calamari as a starter is a must. Loved it and will make it a stop every year we visit the desert ! The bar is cozy and unique !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent gourmet experienceBillDined on 2/23/2014Alberto's set the bar for northern Italian cuisine for me. I have enjoyed all of the. Veal preparations. Among the pastas the tortellini is A favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No ConversationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/22/2014The restaurant was so tightly packed and noisy that we couldn't have a conversation.Special Features:
- Old fashioned Italian RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Very good "old-school" Italian food - all the classics, nothing trendy. The service was fantastic. The décor could use a little updating to keep the place relevant. Nice place for a family gathering or party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local LandmarkSBRayDined on 2/15/2014Service, drinks and food are consistently excellent here. We always come away feeling that we should dine here more often. This always reminds us of some of our "old school" favorites on the East Coast. It can be a bit noisy during peak dining times, but this has never bothered us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay I guessNibiruDined on 2/14/2014Food is bland. Very old. Mostly set up for elders. Not only food is bland, but it really needs to be updated and presented better
- Happy ItalianBeaudogDined on 2/3/2014Had a very good meal, very nice sauces and well prepared pasta..... Fair priced. ..good service.. Would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 34-YEARS AND STILL ONE OF THE BEST!FoodieVIPDined on 1/22/2014Robert and his staff are exceptional. Food is always consistent. Try the Veal Oso Buco, NONE FINERSpecial Features:
- Alberto's - Outstanding All Around!EricDined on 1/18/2014Alberto's has outstanding food and service. Every dish was prepared with an abundance of care and was delicious. Our wine was excellent and reasonably-priced. The service was friendly and attentive, and our meal was served at a pleasant pace, notwithstanding our large group of 7. The desserts were excellent. The atmosphere was intimate and comfortable. I'm hard-pressed to recall such a combination of food, wine, service and atmosphere, all at a reasonable price. An outstanding overall experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- felt like a NYC night outBuckeyedinnersDined on 1/10/2014This restaurant had the feel of a lovely Italian restaurant you might find in NYC. The food is very good, and the service was outstanding. We went to the bar for a cocktail before eating. I have never been taken to the bar and have my seat pulled out for me, what a nice touch. You usually are left on your own, when you tell the hostess you want to go to the bar for a drink first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNinaJohnVIPDined on 12/19/2013Love this restaurant. One of the best restaurants in the valley. Outstanding service and food. They treat you like family. Look forward to our next meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the tortellini ErnestoPeggyDined on 12/19/2013Had the tortellini Ernesto - very good and so different from other pasta entrees. Would definitely return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodDougBVIPDined on 12/8/2013Alberto's has been around forever. It never disappoints. Robert is a gracious host.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy little spot!desertfoodieVIPDined on 12/7/2013This restaurant has been here for 40+ yrs so we decided to give it a try! Small and cozy, great service(love Alfonso), and generous portions. Food was tasty and prices average for the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.