Alberto's Ristorante (Pacifc Grove)
1219 Forest Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Alberto's Ristorante (Pacifc Grove)
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertospg.com/
- Phone: 8313733993
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Monday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Bonatelli
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for further details.
- Private Party Facilities: Alberto's is available for private luncheons, rehearsal dinners, corporate functions or you name it! For the best in food, wine and fun...it's Alberto's.
- Private Party Contact: Alberto Bonatelli 8313733993
A word from Alberto's Ristorante (Pacifc Grove)
Buon Giorno & Bienvenuti To Alberto's Ristorante Where Great Food, Good Friends & Fun Times Come Together Alberto's is a local's secret. Hopefully, you'll find us and join the party.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alberto's Ristorante (Pacifc Grove) reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance2.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (2)Show More
- Empty at 5:30 on a WednedsayUSGardensDined on 8/20/2014Good, standard Italian food on menu. Well prepared in tiny kitchen and service and chat with chef added to the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local dinner findDavewashereDined on 8/16/2014Alberto's was great for a quiet local place. Service was really good and friendly. Just a great local place to drop in and have a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A & KAMKMDined on 7/27/2014We were disappointed in the food for the price we paid. Quite expensive. Food was mediocre. The service was OK even though the waitress talked with us a little too much. Many other places to choose from in the area.
- Not goodMontereyBayJenVIPDined on 1/25/2014We were meeting friends and wanted to pick a new place for dinner. The reviews on OT must have been written by the staff at Alberto's because the food was like dog food. The bruschetta tasted like fish. The canneloni had sausage and mushrooms. Everyone else said their food was mediocre at best. The only good thing was that it wasn't busy so we didn't have to wait for bad food, which would have been murder.
- Another great Mealhappy08placeDined on 11/22/2013Alberto's never disappoints. Food always great. Very attentive service. And of course Alberto is always in the house to share his culinary story and his house made appertif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!EatingOutVIPDined on 8/31/2013Waitress nice but a little too chatty...We had an early reservation and we were the only ones there when we arrived. A few couples came later. I ordered ziti and it was tasty but it was cold...like overnight in the refrigerator cold! Not freshly made!
- personal touchMarshmanVIPDined on 8/23/2013This is a lovely neighborhood Italian restaurant where the chef makes everything to order, the service is friendly and helpful, the wine moderately priced--in short, the kind of place where you can relax and have a good unhurried meal without spending a lot of money. All our dishes were good. The chef varied one dish to accommodate our vegetarian son. He recommended a new Italian wine, which we all liked. It was a pleasant evening and I'd go back again.Special Features:
- mmmmAnnnativeDined on 8/3/2013We were vacationing in Monterey, and looking for dinner options on Open Table. We really enjoyed our meal. I had the special which was a pork piccata. Delicious. My husband had a linguini with meatballs. The meatballs were super good. The bread was the capper, lightly toasted fresh bread. mmmm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ...this place was highly recommendeCar3285Dined on 7/22/2013...this place was highly recommended and lived up to it's promise. Excellent food and service with warm atmosphere. I would bring family and friends here anytime. It was also easy to find, not being from the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True Italian Gem in Pacific GroveSamLDined on 7/13/2013We celebrated our parents' 50th anniversary here and it was an amazing experience; from the time of the reservation to our last bite of dessert. Upon making the reservation, Master Chef Alberto called to see if we have any special requests and recommended a few off menu items. The food was simply wonderful to enjoy -simple and hearty, the best Italian food we every had. Both the service and food were perfectly executed. Personally, I can say (my family would agree), "I can taste love in the food." We felt we were having dinner home, not a restaurant. If I was to describe it in one word, it would be, "MARVELOUS!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't bring your kids.OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/26/2013After a long day at the Aquarium we found this place (thank you Open Table) and were really excited to try it out. Well, we got there and immediately got the sense that the chef/owner was NOT happy that we brought our kids - BTW: it was early enough and it was a Sunday and there were only two other tables at the time. The food was good and our server was pretty nice, but I think she was just trying to get us fed and on our way. The chef walked around 2 times (it's a very tiny place) and both times passed our table right up. Just an uncomfortable situation. Oh and our daughter left her favorite blanket there and we called and asked them to please mail it and we will pay shipping... well, they never mailed it. Just not nice.Special Features:
- gemmelvieVIPDined on 3/17/2013this is a gem with made to order food by chef alberto the owner great food at very good prices....don't let this quality of food and service pass you bySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2013We were traveling and came across this restaurant after looking at the OpenTable reviews. They are located in a small retail shopping center, not a great location. We left the restaurant extremely happy. This is a truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:
- Do not miss this gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/6/2012Unbelievable find!! The chef's a genius! Absolutely the most delicious Italian food that I've ever had. The Super Tuscan was a marvel. Everything so reasonably priced. I'll be back!!Special Features:
- Recommended for ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2012Very good food. Chef and owner attentive and friendly . Waitstaff good. Good service. Won't break the bank even with wine bottle ordered. Don' t expect anything but strip center ambience though.Special Features:
- Food was OK...cannelloni wasn'tPBDinerVIPDined on 8/1/2012Food was OK...cannelloni wasn't warm all the way through...but was very good. Waiter was somewhat indifferent, never finishing one task before starting another. Not a bad experience but we have had better.
- Excellent Food!BrennanleroyDined on 7/20/2012Small portions, expertly prepared. Caesar Salad overpriced and very small in size.Special Features:
- Excellent food. EverythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2012Excellent food. Everything we had was fantastic. We came with a group of 9 and they accommodated us well. Only thing was that it took a while for us to get our entrees, but they were very polite about it, and kept apologizing for the food taking so long (because they had only 1 cook that day), but once it came out, we were all pleased with the entrees. Very pleasant surprise! A hidden away gem in Pacific Grove.Special Features:
- Went to Alberto's based onsry9729VIPDined on 5/21/2012Went to Alberto's based on OpenTable reviews. I was not disappointed. Excellent food and waiter was superb.
- A REAL FINDKICONGLEDined on 12/31/2011This was our first time to eat at Alberto's, but it won't be our last. The food was excellent and very Italian. Good service, and soft music playing.Special Features:
- Delicious food, intimate settingBoscoramaVIPDined on 12/26/2011First time eating here - always looking for good food, memorable experience in Pacific Grove. Food was very good. Caesar salad was excellent. Daily catch was delicious. Cannelloni was delicate and delicious, with a dab of marinara and another of pesto at each end - bechamel was light. Restaurant is small and intimate. We had an incredibly knowledgeable waiter. Would eat here again. Great for family, friends, maybe a little romance.Special Features:
- 'Twas the night before...DiogenesVIPDined on 12/24/2011We dined here during Christmas weekend after a hectic trip. This neighborhood Italian restuarant has probably seen better days. We were the only ones eating and I was served the wrong dish. My wife and son thought the food was ok, but the Frank Sinatra music and indifferent service suggest that you might better explore some other Italian bistros. The bill (nearly $100.00 for three dinners and a cheap bottle of wine)put coal in our stocking.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/17/2011A bit off the beaten path. Great food and wonderful serviceSpecial Features:
- Hidden Gem - Great chefJudymarlboroughVIPDined on 10/26/2011The food and service here is spectacular, more like what you'd expect from a high end fancy place than a neighborhood spot. You feel like you are in a favorite trattoria in Italy. The owner/chef, Alberto, has a long history owning and chefing restaurants and it shows. You are treated like family and the food tastes like (or even better than) the best food your Italian grandmother makes. I had veal milanese, a dish that shows off great veal (and if it isn't great veal, you'd know it). This veal was tender, seasoned perfectly, and melted in your mouth. You don't get a knife with it, which tells you something. Pasta (side dish) is fresh and cooked perfectly. The wine service/selection is outstanding. I can't say enough about Alberto's.GO!Special Features:
- Food and service were outstanding.SandyDined on 7/15/2011Food and service were outstanding. Was a little put off when entering the parking lot and restaurant. Don't let that discourage you from going in. One of the best Italian meals we have eaten.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very quiet,mthpeaceVIPDined on 5/20/2011The restaurant was very quiet, too quiet for a Friday evening. The owner told me that business has been bad for a long time. If you read this review and are even thinking about trying Alberto's please do so. The place is small and very homelike. The food is great and the service was truly outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner at a hardKensnameistooshortDined on 5/7/2011Excellent dinner at a hard to find restaurant. Located in an obscured strip mall with poor signage. It was worth the hunt to find it. Excellent service. Tasty, reasonably priced wine. We will return for a repeat dinner.Special Features:
- Went with a business groupOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/3/2010Went with a business group of six people. Had a great evening. Lovely, cozy room. Comfortable service. Salad was fresh and delicious. Eggplant pram was tasty and a bit greasy, but still nice. Green beans cooked in garlic and olive oil were this, delicate, and also a touch greasy. The evening was lovely and the prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- We were seated promptly andRalphTVIPDined on 11/29/2010We were seated promptly and the service was good. The interior was inviting and warm on a cold day. The bread was warm, fresh and had a lot of flavor. We were comped an order of bruschetta which had a bite to it and was flavorful. I had a Caesar salad. I found the dressing lacking. It was watery, bland, lacked that anchovies tang and I thought overall was flavorless. The presentation was proper. My wife had the insalata verde with a fresh spring mix of lettuce. She said it was good. For the entre I had the Ziti al forno in a marinara sauce. I found it to be overcooked and dry. The pasta should have had more sauce then it did. After it was served the pasta soaked up the marinara sauce causing the meal to present as dry and ove