Alberto's on Fifth
868 5th Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Alberto's on Fifth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.albertosonfifth.com/
- Phone: 2394301060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Varetto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alberto's on Fifth
WELCOME TO ALBERTOS RESTAURANT Chef Alberto Varetto creates the finest in contemporary Northern Italian cuisine.His culinary interpretations emphasize seasonal ingredients, while creatively respecting the great traditions of Italian gastronomy, The glory of Italian cooking is fresh ingredients, served at their peak and handled in a way that flatters, rather than masks, their personalities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Alberto's on Fifth - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Alberto's on Fifth reviews from OpenTable diners
82 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)special occasion (41)neighborhood gem (40)romantic (29)notable wine list (23)good for groups (20)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- JayTVIPDined on 9/26/2014A very solid Italian restaurant with an excellent location and a very comfortable ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianJade9913VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was very good. We thought the drinks were overpriced but good.Special Features:
- CharlieandyChvbarlieandyDined on 9/25/2014Our waiter was extremely nice and took vey good care of our table. The food was also very good. Yellow tomato soup was excellent, as where the Mussels and the Lamb special. Will definitely return to this establishment.Special Features:
- Service and food 1 of best on 5thOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Owner Alberto came out to see us. Fabian & Christina were friendly knowledgeable & attentive. Food was wonderful, pasta, fish & steak. Very professional organization. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Great Italian spot. Owner stopped by to chat. Service was perfect. Food great. Ate outside on a lovely tropical evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceeCarolpatDined on 9/20/2014Great meal, pleasant atmosphere and attentive staff. We didn't feel rushed. All four of us loved our appetizers and meals. We will definitely be back and spread the word. As full time Naples residents, we ask ourselves, "Why haven't we dined here before?" Compliments to the Chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GothereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We dine out all the time. This is definitely a return visit. We have another favorite on Fifth Ave, but Alberto's is number one. We dine out 4 nights a week. The other three nights we eat the leftovers. Our waiter Moreno and the staff were excellent with our group. Sorry we waited so long to test Alberto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMoe9Dined on 9/16/2014This was our first time dining at Alberto's. The pasta lives up to the hype. I had the veal as a main course, fantastic! We went on a very slow night (off season) so the atmosphere was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no surprisesjbarmaVIPDined on 9/16/2014As usual, the food, service and ambiance was terrific. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyItalianchefDined on 9/12/2014Food and service was excellent. Disappointed that chef/ owner walked by and didn't stop and acknowledge us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentOhgeorgeVIPDined on 9/9/2014We were away for several weeks and Alberto's was the first restaurant we visited upon our return. We needed a fine-Northern-Italian-food "fix," and we got it there. Top ingredients, freshest meats and fish prepared with care by an award winning chef along with an inviting wine list is all we needed for our return-to-Naples comfort food. Want great pasta dishes from pasta made fresh everyday on premises, this is the place. I would stop there as I love is lobster with corn ravioli (probably the wrong name, but you get the gist), but everything on the menu is great. The servers are very good in helping you make the selection that suits your tastes, too. So, don't be afraid to ask. See Fabio at the bar for help with your wine selection.Special Features:
- a fav....NaplesisagreatplaceDined on 9/8/2014Have been to most Naple's restaurants and Alberto's continues to be a favorite.Special Features:
- ServiceAmldinerDined on 9/6/2014Our waiter was inattentive and amost surly at the start but warmed up a little as we got closer to paying our tabs, and tipping.Special Features:
- DFandARDined on 8/30/2014Our bartender Jessica and our server Christina were spectacular! The food was exceptional, the wine list equally impressive, and we are fussy to say the least. If you are a local, you will be treated like royalty, if you are not, be patient. We requested a different table than what was originally designated for us and did not appreciate the extended, intentional wait when they were not to capacity or the attitude from the maitre d. To end on a positive note - the dessert and espresso were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian Special...excellent!The3dsDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Alberto's ... great food, great service and a very pleasant Italian ambience helped by the excellent guitar player and guest singer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional OfferNaplesRealltorDined on 8/19/2014The entrees offered for the two-for-one special were more than adequate and the food was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to all of my friends.Special Features:
- CruiseVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time and had the $19.50 early bird special. The food was ok for this price. If you like a cup of cappuccino they are over priced at $7.00. This was the highest we paid for cappuccino and we go to a lot of restaurants. Also service was slow and had to wait for our check.
- Early diningFatfaceDined on 8/12/2014This is definitely one of the best early dining options in town, the quality of food and presentation is outstanding, service exemplary, and an incredible vale for money. The staff are friendly, courteous and professional. Truly an experience not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticFoodiesDined on 8/9/2014We were there early so lots of families at that time. Christina was great! Homemade bolognese and pasta Risotto a must too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceGallopingGourmetDined on 8/5/2014Albertos exceeded expectations on all fronts. We had researched restaurants on 5th on a wide range of review websites and chose Albertos and were not disappointed at all. Food was excellent, all 4 main courses were outstanding, 2 meat main courses of steak and Lamb cutlets were perfect and 2 fish dishes of Sea Bass and Red Snapper were exquisite. We had a bottle of wine and water + deserts which were also wonderful. Service was perfect. The restaurant was quiet to start - maybe 3 or 4 tables occupied when we arrived at 7PM, we left at around 9PM and there were 10-12 tables occupied - around just over half of capacity. Albertos is on the dearer side - however you get what you pay for. It is a real gem on 5th Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DizmeupVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food and service was wonderful. Will def be going back.Special Features:
- AlbertosLocalsDined on 8/2/2014Nice clean restaurant. Good is good and they have great special menu which is terrificSpecial Features:
- What's the fuss about?Liv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/2/2014People keep raving about Alberto's, but honestly, I don't get it. We were seated for the early dining special but they ran out of menus! How convenient,since you have to order by 6:15! Our waiter took his time bringing water and our wine choices, and then we had to flag down another waiter and the maître 'd to order! The early dining choices were good but not as good as other fine dining restaurants in Naples. Service continued to be sketchy but we still left a twenty percent tip so as not to be labeled cheap early diners. Spend your money somewhere else!Special Features:
- One Of A KindBrewgymanDined on 7/31/2014it was an immediate teleport to Italy. The servers, food delivery personnel, chef, receptionist, and musicians Were native Italians. listening to them describe the food only made it taste and look better. Regardless, If all the personnel were American then the Italian food would have still been the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Deal on FifthCoachVIPDined on 7/30/2014Fine dining at an affordable price. Outstanding early/late dining features two courses and glass of wine for $19.50 before 6:15 or after 8 pm. Wide variety of selections for each course with very generous portions compared to most other early dining options in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining in NaplesJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and service is very good. Since they put in floor covering and ceiling tiles the noise level is much improved from when it first opened. If partaking in the early or late dining specials they amount of food provided is on the light side which is good for those watching their dietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodraidocVIPDined on 7/23/2014Even though Chef/Owner Alberto was not in the kitchen that evening the food was excellent, well presented and clearly fresh. The vitello tonnato and the Chilean Sea Bass are very good and worth a try. The wine list is also good and especially so for Italian choices.
- First visitFloradoraDined on 7/19/2014Food was delicious, loved the beet salad and shrimp appetizer, scallops were superb, creme brûlée a wonderful treat ,good salad service was great, we will be back and happy to recommend it to our friendsSpecial Features:
- Nice Italian, Fabulous LocationNeaty18Dined on 7/18/2014We chose to sit outside because it was a beautiful night and the location was perfect for people watching. I had the veal ravioli and my husband had the sea bass special, both very good. For dessert, they brought out a tiramisu and the guitarist sang for my birthday. Dessert was delicious! I would recommend Alberto's when visiting Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningjbarmaVIPDined on 7/17/2014As usual the food and the service was excellent. Rocco does a great job of serving his customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite in NaplesNaplesisagreatplaceDined on 7/14/2014Early dining menu is best value in Naples...food excellent/worthy of a la carte pricing. Beet salad is outstanding. Severs just right-pleasant and focused. Ivan, Maitre d', is a charmer. I dine out several days a wk, have lived in Naples 30 yrs-Alberto's is my current favorite.Special Features:
- Terrific RestaurantSharDined on 7/12/2014You have to give this one a try. We had 6 of us and all of us loved our food and we ordered totally different entrees. The ambiance is great, but a little noisy. Great place to go before or after the Sugden performances.Special Features:
- A Taste of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We loved Chef Alberto's Northern Italian cuisine when he was on Marco Island and it has not changed. We were on Fifth early and decided to try the Al Fresco dinner which was outstanding in every way. The delicious soup, mussels, and several homemade pasta dishes ,brought to mind dining in Italy. The addition of the delightful Italian singer really enhanced the ambiance and gave us a feeling of being in Italy. As expected, the service was top notch. Alberto's is certainly one of Naples top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining AdventurebkmartellVIPDined on 7/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first experience at Alberto's. Didn't take advantage of the Early Bird so our meal was a little pricey, but the food was superb. If you get the ice cream/sorbet for dessert, it is defintely shareable. 4 regular sized scoops of your choice. I had the butternut ravioli and it was wonderful as was the prosciutto appetizer. All in all an excellent evening and we will definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant knows what it is doing in the kitchen. Food was superb, and the early dining special was a terrific deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining on 5th Ave NaplesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great Italian dining on 5th Avenue Naples. Awesome salads and entrees.Special Features:
- FlyfisherhalVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food and service was very good. New addition of "strolling minstrel" out of place and intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner spotluvtoeatoutDined on 6/27/2014Nice dinner spot. The interior is very nice with tables and booths. They also have outdoor dining. The food is really good. I liked my pasta with bolognese sauce. The service was very polite, but slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014I was surprised that during a slow night with less than 10 tables seated that the service would be so lacking, our waiter was quite pleasant but appeared to only have to Waite on two or three tables and still needed to be waived to in order to take our orders. There are many restaurants with both excellent food and service I would dine at before returning to this restaurant.
- Outstanding Northern ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Alberto's is the finest Northern Italian Restaurant we have ever experienced. The chef owner Alberto is a real Gem. The food he prepares is always fresh and prepared in a perfect culinary way. The service from the bar and servers is excellent .You want to do northern Italian Alberto's is the very best.Special Features: