Alberto's on Fifth
868 5th Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Alberto's on Fifth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.albertosonfifth.com/
- Phone: (239) 430-1060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Varetto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alberto's on Fifth
WELCOME TO ALBERTOS RESTAURANT Chef Alberto Varetto creates the finest in contemporary Northern Italian cuisine.His culinary interpretations emphasize seasonal ingredients, while creatively respecting the great traditions of Italian gastronomy, The glory of Italian cooking is fresh ingredients, served at their peak and handled in a way that flatters, rather than masks, their personalities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Alberto's on Fifth - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Alberto's on Fifth reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (56)great for outdoor dining (40)notable wine list (39)romantic (36)good for groups (35)hot spot (16)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Stay AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/22/2014Went on Saturday evening. Place was about half full. Seated immediately. No menus or wine list. Finaly got a menu but no wine list. Waiter delivered wine list when he came to take dinner orders. The food was below average. I had the rib eye special. It had more fat than meat. My wife had ravioli and it was Olive Garden quality. With all the choices for dinner in Naples this place should not be on your list!!
- Still as goodCRussellDined on 11/22/2014Discovered this restaurant only a couple months ago and have been back several times and will be back again soon. Service was a bit confused this time, and some mix-ups, but from past experience this has not been the norm; easy to overlook. Food was again very well presented and each dish was commented on positively. In all of our visits, the food has always arrived hot and the presentation has always been very pleasing.Special Features:
- Outstanding northern Italian restaurantretiredeaterDined on 11/19/2014The overall dining experience was outstanding. While Naples has a number of fine Italian restaurants they are mostly more focused on tomato based traditional southern Italian fare. It is therefore refreshing to find a true northern Italian restaurant. For the first course we ordering including the roasted veal loin and heart of celery topped with tuna sauce, capers and grilled baby artichoke, the roasted sea scallops served with porcini mushroom and black truffle and an unusual but tasty minestrone (more like a sicilian lentil soup) were delicious. For the main course the pork chop and the mushroom ravioli were wonderful although the chicken was rather ordinary when compared to the other two dishes. The service was attentive and professional. The wine list is not extensive but focused and well priced. This was our first but will not be our last visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteaksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We were there for the early special which offered a good variety and excellent presentation. Unfortunately my steak was all but inedible. The soup was excellent. The vegetables were properly done although the mashed potatoes were bland and could use a little garlic for flavour. We will likely give it another try.Special Features:
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014The service was excellent. The waiter was very helpful and knowledgable with wine selection. We have been there several tomes and always enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A REAL FINDRicardoDined on 11/12/2014Having 'found' Alberto's only two weeks ago we have been back twice already, and it is now firmly on our 'favourites' list. With such wonderful flavours it is tempting to always have the same dishes (veal raviolini or Branzino) but with different friends sharing the tables we have seen a number of the items on the menu, and they have all been excellent. Service is attentive, friendly and knowledgable. All in all a great place for a lovely meal with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delizioso!amomangiareDined on 11/12/2014It was a birthday celebration that brought us to Alberto's last week. I had eaten lunch there but never dinner. We had no trouble securing a reservation mid-week. The dining room is very warm and inviting, and I was pleased when the host greeted us in Italian because it lends an authenticity to the restaurant that many others lack, and I was able to respond because I speak the language. The Chilean sea bass was excellent, beautifully prepared with a mushroom sauce that also accompanied the polenta. The chicken marsala was good but not exceptional served with a lot of whipped potato. I would like to have seen a vegetable accompaniment on each plate. The insalata mista was fresh and perfectly dressed, but I did miss that vegetable. Our waiter was attentive but not as enthusiastic as he might have been describing and/or recommending dishes. He seemed disappointed when neither of us ordered one of the evening's specials. I was the only one drinking that night, and the wine selection from Umbria was excellent. I would return to Alberto's to give it another try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- linyVIPDined on 11/8/2014Services was spotty. The food was better at other times. We should have gone with the pasta.Special Features:
- Alberto's on FifthKennyDined on 11/8/2014Alberto's continues to be our favorite restaurant in Naples, and with a town full of great places to eat, that is really saying something!! The attention to detail, the presentation of the food, the superb service, and the consistancy are all outstanding. A "must try" restaurant when dining in Naples !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the visitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Our 2nd visit this season, the food was great once again and excellent service, thanks Rocco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and freshAllaboutfoodDined on 11/6/2014They have delicious soups especially mushroom and tomato.. The pesto /crab pasta is very good. We will be back. Alberto's is one of our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite restaurant!3lulu3asaDined on 11/4/2014What a delightful dining experience...the food and ambiance were first class. The restaurant seemed a bit understaffed resulting in a longer wait time than I expected. The executive chef came out to introduce himself...a very nice touch to the evening. Put this on your list of fine restaurants!Special Features:
- Superb as usual!!!!DizmeupVIPDined on 11/2/2014Have been here on numerous occasions and never a disappointment. Service great, food always fresh and delicious, ambiance is always special!!!! Will be back in December...Special Features:
- DaveLDaveLDined on 11/1/2014Once again we were very pleased with our dinning experience at Alberto's. Food and Service were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014We love the quality of the food, presentation and friendly service. Only criticisim is the acoustics-very noisy!Special Features:
- Good food, slow serviceBatmanDined on 10/31/2014Although the restaurant was not completely full, we found that it took hours to order our meals and then get them to the table. We enjoyed our entree's but the length of time we had to wait for the food ruined the evening. The restaurant has a very high noise level which was too loud for our taste.
- Halloween TreatxifixrVIPDined on 10/31/2014Wonderful meal -- great service -- al fresco delightSpecial Features:
- Downtown DiningshegolfsDined on 10/31/2014Good food, nice ambiance, reasonably priced entries. Our server was a delight - prompt & attentive. We'll come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalBigs23Dined on 10/30/2014Frequent visitor. Good is consistently good and service is above average. Very good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/27/2014excellent food with great scallops cooked just right. One of our favourite restaurants, and we know almost them all. a gem for the locals.Special Features:
- sad we made this choiceMistyDined on 10/25/2014Went for 40th anniversary. Extremely loud, hard to carry on conversation. Service was slow. Food wasn't worth it, how can you mess up pasta and lobster tail! Too many restaurants to choose from. Won't go back, won't recommend to friends .
- Downtown AmbianceHoneyDined on 10/24/2014Alberto's is a great restaurant to dine. The early bird special offers many delicious choices. The mussels are very tasty and plentiful. The main entrees were enjoyed by all 4 of us. Thanks for a pleasant evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeanaVIPDined on 10/23/2014Alberto's is a MUST if you are visiting Naples. You will not regret the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzyLinDined on 10/22/2014A consitantly delicious experience. The dining experience is relaxing, not too formal or stuffy. The beet salad is wonderful, and the scallops are tender, and yet very flavorful. We have been going to Alberto's on 5th since it opened and have never been disappointed. One of our first dinners out when we return to Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & servicejbarmaVIPDined on 10/20/2014As usual we were pleased with Rocco's great service & all the food we consumed. Alberto's has never disappointed us in any aspect.Special Features:
- Delicious foodArod0056Dined on 10/16/2014Love the ambiance, we had a great server, the pasta was delicious, and the meat really juicy and tastefullSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellance on FifthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014The food and service is consistently good. The early bird specials are wonderful for those who eat early. The location is perfect for the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrificNaplesisagreatplaceDined on 10/6/2014Have been to all Naples dining establishments in the 20+ yrs I've lived here-Alberto's is a standout-my absolute favorite.Special Features:
- CelibeDined on 10/5/2014Had been highly recommended but was very much disappointed. Waiter forgot to bring me the wine glass I ordered. He told me he was delayed because he had to take care of an error he made with a client's bill. I did not think it was appropriate for him to give me details. He brought the wine with my main course. Soup could have been warmer, had to ask for more bread and water twice, he forgot. Entrees were just acceptable. All in all I wouln not recommend this restaurant.
- bella4cocoVIPDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food and service wine list especially strong and not overpriced Staff excellentSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/3/2014Had a wonderful dinner here. Great menu selection, reasonable prices and friendly and accommodating staff. Really like their early dining and late dining menu.Special Features:
- A Winner Every TimeCarolpatDined on 10/1/2014Had another great meal. Good service, friendly staff that works as a team!Special Features:
- JayTVIPDined on 9/26/2014A very solid Italian restaurant with an excellent location and a very comfortable ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ItalianJade9913VIPDined on 9/26/2014The food was very good. We thought the drinks were overpriced but good.Special Features:
- CharlieandyChvbarlieandyDined on 9/25/2014Our waiter was extremely nice and took vey good care of our table. The food was also very good. Yellow tomato soup was excellent, as where the Mussels and the Lamb special. Will definitely return to this establishment.Special Features:
- Service and food 1 of best on 5thRJ2015Dined on 9/24/2014Owner Alberto came out to see us. Fabian & Christina were friendly knowledgeable & attentive. Food was wonderful, pasta, fish & steak. Very professional organization. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2014Great Italian spot. Owner stopped by to chat. Service was perfect. Food great. Ate outside on a lovely tropical evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceeCarolpatDined on 9/20/2014Great meal, pleasant atmosphere and attentive staff. We didn't feel rushed. All four of us loved our appetizers and meals. We will definitely be back and spread the word. As full time Naples residents, we ask ourselves, "Why haven't we dined here before?" Compliments to the Chef!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GothereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014We dine out all the time. This is definitely a return visit. We have another favorite on Fifth Ave, but Alberto's is number one. We dine out 4 nights a week. The other three nights we eat the leftovers. Our waiter Moreno and the staff were excellent with our group. Sorry we waited so long to test Alberto's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMoe9Dined on 9/16/2014This was our first time dining at Alberto's. The pasta lives up to the hype. I had the veal as a main course, fantastic! We went on a very slow night (off season) so the atmosphere was lacking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.