Alberto's on Fifth
868 5th Ave South
Naples, FL 34102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Alberto's on Fifth
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.albertosonfifth.com/
- Phone: 2394301060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Alberto Varetto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alberto's on Fifth
WELCOME TO ALBERTOS RESTAURANT Chef Alberto Varetto creates the finest in contemporary Northern Italian cuisine.His culinary interpretations emphasize seasonal ingredients, while creatively respecting the great traditions of Italian gastronomy, The glory of Italian cooking is fresh ingredients, served at their peak and handled in a way that flatters, rather than masks, their personalities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Alberto's on Fifth - Best Restaurants in Naples ›
Alberto's on Fifth reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (47)special occasion (45)neighborhood gem (38)romantic (30)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (19)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Italian Special...excellent!The3dsDined on 8/23/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Alberto's ... great food, great service and a very pleasant Italian ambience helped by the excellent guitar player and guest singer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional OfferNaplesRealltorDined on 8/19/2014The entrees offered for the two-for-one special were more than adequate and the food was excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to all of my friends.Special Features:
- CruiseVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was our first time and had the $19.50 early bird special. The food was ok for this price. If you like a cup of cappuccino they are over priced at $7.00. This was the highest we paid for cappuccino and we go to a lot of restaurants. Also service was slow and had to wait for our check.
- Early diningFatfaceDined on 8/12/2014This is definitely one of the best early dining options in town, the quality of food and presentation is outstanding, service exemplary, and an incredible vale for money. The staff are friendly, courteous and professional. Truly an experience not to be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticFoodiesDined on 8/9/2014We were there early so lots of families at that time. Christina was great! Homemade bolognese and pasta Risotto a must too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Food and ServiceGallopingGourmetDined on 8/5/2014Albertos exceeded expectations on all fronts. We had researched restaurants on 5th on a wide range of review websites and chose Albertos and were not disappointed at all. Food was excellent, all 4 main courses were outstanding, 2 meat main courses of steak and Lamb cutlets were perfect and 2 fish dishes of Sea Bass and Red Snapper were exquisite. We had a bottle of wine and water + deserts which were also wonderful. Service was perfect. The restaurant was quiet to start - maybe 3 or 4 tables occupied when we arrived at 7PM, we left at around 9PM and there were 10-12 tables occupied - around just over half of capacity. Albertos is on the dearer side - however you get what you pay for. It is a real gem on 5th Avenue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!DizmeupVIPDined on 8/2/2014Food and service was wonderful. Will def be going back.Special Features:
- AlbertosLocalsDined on 8/2/2014Nice clean restaurant. Good is good and they have great special menu which is terrificSpecial Features:
- What's the fuss about?Liv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/2/2014People keep raving about Alberto's, but honestly, I don't get it. We were seated for the early dining special but they ran out of menus! How convenient,since you have to order by 6:15! Our waiter took his time bringing water and our wine choices, and then we had to flag down another waiter and the maître 'd to order! The early dining choices were good but not as good as other fine dining restaurants in Naples. Service continued to be sketchy but we still left a twenty percent tip so as not to be labeled cheap early diners. Spend your money somewhere else!Special Features:
- One Of A KindBrewgymanDined on 7/31/2014it was an immediate teleport to Italy. The servers, food delivery personnel, chef, receptionist, and musicians Were native Italians. listening to them describe the food only made it taste and look better. Regardless, If all the personnel were American then the Italian food would have still been the best I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Deal on FifthCoachVIPDined on 7/30/2014Fine dining at an affordable price. Outstanding early/late dining features two courses and glass of wine for $19.50 before 6:15 or after 8 pm. Wide variety of selections for each course with very generous portions compared to most other early dining options in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dining in NaplesJoeBoSoxVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food and service is very good. Since they put in floor covering and ceiling tiles the noise level is much improved from when it first opened. If partaking in the early or late dining specials they amount of food provided is on the light side which is good for those watching their dietSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodraidocVIPDined on 7/23/2014Even though Chef/Owner Alberto was not in the kitchen that evening the food was excellent, well presented and clearly fresh. The vitello tonnato and the Chilean Sea Bass are very good and worth a try. The wine list is also good and especially so for Italian choices.
- First visitFloradoraDined on 7/19/2014Food was delicious, loved the beet salad and shrimp appetizer, scallops were superb, creme brûlée a wonderful treat ,good salad service was great, we will be back and happy to recommend it to our friendsSpecial Features:
- Nice Italian, Fabulous LocationNeaty18Dined on 7/18/2014We chose to sit outside because it was a beautiful night and the location was perfect for people watching. I had the veal ravioli and my husband had the sea bass special, both very good. For dessert, they brought out a tiramisu and the guitarist sang for my birthday. Dessert was delicious! I would recommend Alberto's when visiting Naples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent diningjbarmaVIPDined on 7/17/2014As usual the food and the service was excellent. Rocco does a great job of serving his customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite in NaplesNaplesisagreatplaceDined on 7/14/2014Early dining menu is best value in Naples...food excellent/worthy of a la carte pricing. Beet salad is outstanding. Severs just right-pleasant and focused. Ivan, Maitre d', is a charmer. I dine out several days a wk, have lived in Naples 30 yrs-Alberto's is my current favorite.Special Features:
- Terrific RestaurantSharDined on 7/12/2014You have to give this one a try. We had 6 of us and all of us loved our food and we ordered totally different entrees. The ambiance is great, but a little noisy. Great place to go before or after the Sugden performances.Special Features:
- A Taste of ItalyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014We loved Chef Alberto's Northern Italian cuisine when he was on Marco Island and it has not changed. We were on Fifth early and decided to try the Al Fresco dinner which was outstanding in every way. The delicious soup, mussels, and several homemade pasta dishes ,brought to mind dining in Italy. The addition of the delightful Italian singer really enhanced the ambiance and gave us a feeling of being in Italy. As expected, the service was top notch. Alberto's is certainly one of Naples top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Dining AdventurebkmartellVIPDined on 7/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first experience at Alberto's. Didn't take advantage of the Early Bird so our meal was a little pricey, but the food was superb. If you get the ice cream/sorbet for dessert, it is defintely shareable. 4 regular sized scoops of your choice. I had the butternut ravioli and it was wonderful as was the prosciutto appetizer. All in all an excellent evening and we will definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:
- FoodieDined on 7/8/2014This restaurant knows what it is doing in the kitchen. Food was superb, and the early dining special was a terrific deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining on 5th Ave NaplesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/5/2014Great Italian dining on 5th Avenue Naples. Awesome salads and entrees.Special Features:
- FlyfisherhalVIPDined on 7/3/2014Food and service was very good. New addition of "strolling minstrel" out of place and intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner spotluvtoeatoutDined on 6/27/2014Nice dinner spot. The interior is very nice with tables and booths. They also have outdoor dining. The food is really good. I liked my pasta with bolognese sauce. The service was very polite, but slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/21/2014I was surprised that during a slow night with less than 10 tables seated that the service would be so lacking, our waiter was quite pleasant but appeared to only have to Waite on two or three tables and still needed to be waived to in order to take our orders. There are many restaurants with both excellent food and service I would dine at before returning to this restaurant.
- Outstanding Northern ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Alberto's is the finest Northern Italian Restaurant we have ever experienced. The chef owner Alberto is a real Gem. The food he prepares is always fresh and prepared in a perfect culinary way. The service from the bar and servers is excellent .You want to do northern Italian Alberto's is the very best.Special Features:
- mrsmigVIPDined on 6/20/2014I love coming here - food is always good and service is impeccable. Love to bring newbies here, they love it tooSpecial Features:
- Nice early bird specialmemeDined on 6/20/2014Went for our anniversary. The early bird special is a great deal. Appetizer, entrée and glass of wine. Good selection of entrees. Wine was "OK". Homemade pasta...you can really taste the difference!Special Features:
- Quiet Family DinnerETdinesalotDined on 6/15/2014Alberto's food was very good, though probably not the best choice for me with my two young daugthers. The atmosphere and the menu were a tad sophisticated for their palate. Everyone enjoyed, but some of the finer points of the dinner were lost on the kids. It was a rainy Monday night...so things were slow.Special Features:
- YumJeanaDined on 6/15/2014Excellent early dining menu. Delicious homemade perfectly cooked homemade pasta! Excellent mussels and great service. Rocco did a superb job as our server.Special Features:
- WonderfulPeteVIPDined on 6/10/2014Great food great service! Very enjoyable evening? Our waiters went out of their way to make it a fun night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is our "go to" home!alanandgayleDined on 6/8/2014To preface this review, My wife has a Sicilian background, so the bar is set high.. First, Fabian has been with Alberto's from the onset, He is the "wine man", his knowledge of Alberto's hand pick "true Italian" wine is immaculate. The QPR (quality to price ratio) of their wines is one of the reasons we frequent Alberto's. We loved the $98 Amarone . The staff we encountered all this week were all from Italy and went out of their way to speak the language to my wife, adding to the romance of this place. Rocco, was a stand out, and had calamari prepared as his mother made for him (off menu) such emotion in their food. Lamb, pasta with crab, and sea bass were stand outs for us. Don't forget to ask Fabian about after dinner ports!Special Features:
- Alberto'sluv2dineVIPDined on 6/8/2014Wonderful Veal Ravioli, cooked perfectly! Mushroom soup was fragrant and delicious. Bronzini grilled to perfection with a hint of lemon and oil oil. Great service and love going off season.Special Features:
- Absolutely One of the BestOhgeorgeVIPDined on 6/3/2014This was a return visit to Alberto's as we found the menu very much ot our liking with finest ingredients and carefully prepared by the chef-owner. If you like pasta, it is made fresh daily. It has the taste and texture you would expect. My personal favorite is the 7 0z lobster tail perfectly poached and sliced over tortellini filled with fresh corn and herbs. It is sort of a Northern Italian version of a New England Clam Bake featuring corn and lobster. Fabian, sommellier/bar tender, introduced us to an Emilio Moro, a Spanish red made from the Tempranillo grape that we never had before. It was $65 and went very well with my lobster and other entrees. As it is off season, there are early/late dining bargains, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberto's on FifthGeoffDined on 5/27/2014My black ink fettuccine with calamari was excellent as were the salads. My wife felt her pasta with lump crab meat lacked seasoning (including some salt). Bread was outstanding.Special Features:
- Alberto'sFoodieDined on 5/25/2014Excellent restraunt. Early dining menu a great value at 18.99 with a glass of decent wine. Limited menu but food and service are great. This is the 3rd time we ate there and have enjoyed it every time. One of the better early dining meus in Naples.Special Features:
- Really a nice place in Naples, FlHappyflowerDined on 5/22/2014The bartender was excellent. The food was outstanding. My calamari pasta was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/18/2014Everything at this restaurant is excellent: appetizers, entrees, wine, service, ambience, etc!! Have dined here 4 times in the last few months and will continue to return!Special Features:
- Great as usualjbarmaVIPDined on 5/17/2014Food and Service was great, as is usual. Rocco did a great job serving us and our guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJosie177Dined on 5/16/2014Wonderful service and amazing food! The staff was kind and friendly. I will forever craze their pasta! Generous portions as well and great prices! I would bring my friends and family here many now times :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.