Alberto Forest Hills
98-31 Metropolitan Ave
Forest Hills, NY 11375Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alberto Forest Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7182687860
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Alberto Forest Hills
Alberto has been a neighborhood institution for over 35 years. Owners, Silvana & Roberto Chiappelloni, originally from Piacenza, Italy, have always believed that good food should not be outrageously expensive and that good wines are meant to be enjoyed. Alberto's menu offers spirited versions of home-cooked dishes from the Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy and Ligurian provinces. Alberto's offers a welcoming and friendly atmosphere from the moment you walk through the door. The bar area is resplendent with an antique mahogany bar, fireplace and large open mahogany doors. Frosted glass and wrought iron chandeliers hang overhead. The souring oak-beamed ceiling is artfully enclosed by exposed brick walls, skylight and colorful artist-signed prints which provide warmth and a delightful sense of coziness. While many NYC eateries have a reputation for highbrow dining, there remains a warm and familial culinary treasure in Forest Hills, Queens. Come and join us at Alberto. Buon AppetitoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Alberto Forest Hills - Best Restaurants in Forest Hills ›
Alberto Forest Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)special occasion (16)romantic (11)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (6)notable wine list (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Always excellent.CathyHillVIPDined on 8/20/2014Bartender needs to actually look at customers. He seems impressed w himself way too long to get served. Gave up trying for second round. Restaurant food and service excellent as always. Pork osso bucco, rack of lamb excellent specials. Could have died and gone to heaven after the handmade stuffed pasta in cream sauce and been happy. Go! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 8/16/2014Alberto's is a neighborhood gem. It has consistently lived up to its reputation as best Italian restaurant in Queens. The food, service and attention all comes together for a grand culinary experience.Special Features:
- TonyDined on 8/16/2014In the 2 yrs. I've been coming to Alberto's we've always found it a great place to enjoy a fine dinner with ambience and friendly service from the waistband and hosts.Special Features:
- Fantasmic!ScottStamfordVIPDined on 7/19/2014I love this place! It has a quant bar as you come in the door. The wait staff and service is great. The menu is quite diverse and the food was excellent. The dessert was fantastic as well. It isn't a big room so reservations are a good idea. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodpmnyVIPDined on 7/16/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Great food and service all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly serviceFHJonDined on 7/12/2014I have been going to Alberto's for years and this was my late Father's day treat from my family. The artichoke apetizer is insanely good and I enjoyed the gnocchi bolognese as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantdavecohenDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I joined some friends to celebrate her birthday. We had a great meal and a well-paced, enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False advertisingeatearlyhereVIPDined on 7/11/2014There were reservation times of 10:30 and 11:00 listed..I chose 10:30. I arrived at 10:38 and was told that they were accepting no new customers as they were closing at 11:00. I told them that it doesn't make sense to accept a reservation and not honor it. I also never received a call informing me that they wouldn't seat anyone at 10:30. Very unprofessional
- FINE DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014THEY HAVE GREAT ANTIPASTI , THE CARPICCIO IS THE BEST AND THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnergreatdinnerDined on 6/15/2014Upon entering we received a lovely & warm greeting & were almost immediately shown to our table. There is an easy & excellent menu with additions of the day's specials. Everything is quite good and all at our table enjoyed. The rack of lamb was absolutely delicious as well as the prik osso buco and as always the veal chop is phenomenal. You will enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Friendly ServiceFHFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Impeccable food, yes, but the service is what makes Alberto's truly special. The host and hostess (who I believe are also the owners) make you feel as if you are in their home, and beam with pride when you are enjoying yourself, and watch sternly over the waitstaff (who are ever present, without being intrusive) to ensure that the entire experience is "just so." Bravo.Special Features:
- GreatDespoVIPDined on 6/13/2014A must see place for dining when you visit Forest HillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberto's, Forest HillsWarmandCozyDined on 5/28/2014Been coming here for ages. Great food, ambiance, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningLeenieDDined on 5/17/2014Family tradition is that we all go out to dinner for our birthday. The birthday person gets to pick any restaurant we want. Almost all of us pick Alberto's. On this occasion it was my turn to choose and I chose Alberto's. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Alberto Forest Hills reviews archive.
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 4/26/2014A true GEM in every way and very consistent. the staff, the food never lets you down.Special Features:
- JamfoodieDined on 3/23/2014The first time we went we had a excellent time .The Duck was fabulous. The staff was friendly. We did return and the only issue we had was residue in the second glass of wine. A little shocking as other restaurants typically would have decanted the wine at the table. Recommended the restaurant to several people who had a great time and we will return as well.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceCathyDined on 3/21/2014Great meal at Alberto. The fish was perfectly prepared and the duck with a sauce that kicks was outstanding. Service was pleasant. Decor is calming. Owners are hands on. Wonderful, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2014My family and I had such a great time at Alberto's. The staff is nothing but pleasant and the food is delicious. I can't wait to go back! Make sure you all check out Alberto's!Special Features:
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014We went on a Thursday night we worked all day and needed a treat Hot Antipasto ( baked clams, shrimp, eggplant rollitini, stuffed mushrooms) I had the Pescatora over linguine which I almost always have my wife had the veal parm always tender. We went for desert had the chocolate blackout cake. Just put a fork in meSpecial Features:
- Expensive...but good.brklynDined on 3/1/2014The duck was delicious...nice portion...sauce great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlbertoViki922Dined on 3/1/2014We have been going to Alberto for many years. The food is fantastic, and the service outstanding. Nice for couple and very good for parties. We highly recommend you try Alberto - you will be back for more.Special Features:
- Alberto'sBobLVIPDined on 2/24/2014I've been here several times & the food & service is always excellent. I've been there w/ a few friends on week nights & I've been there for large family gatherings on weekends & it's always consistently great. You can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service; not-so-good foodlovestoeatDined on 2/14/2014Our dinner at Alberto was not on their list when we arrived (OPEN TABLE screw-up). But, they were gracious and sat us. The interior is delightful, the service was excellent (among the best we've had in the area). But, the major problem was the food. Everything tasted a bit off. It was a busy night and they had a limited menu and I know sometimes things happen ... but we really cannot recommend this restaurant (the lasagna was mediocre and seemed under-cooked, my husband's veal had a strange flavor and made him feel ill; the dessert was way too sweet - tasted as if they'd added granulated sugar to a mousse - and, despite asking for decaf cappuccino for medical and sleep reasons - it was obviously not decaf and I was up half the night).
- Albertos is a neighborhoodBigAppleEdVIPDined on 2/14/2014Albertos is a neighborhood GEM... it has consistently provided good food in a wonderful environment with dedicated service.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!!robkapVIPDined on 2/8/2014We have been going to Alberto for over 30 years. The reason we keep coming back is the consistently good food, service and ambiance. The owners are right there to make sure everything is excellent. If you want something cooked a special way; no problem. I usually order salmon medium rare, and half of the restaurants over cook it, but it was perfect at Alberto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodpmnyVIPDined on 1/24/2014This is one of the top Italian restaurants in Queens! Food and services is impeccable. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsMETagsDined on 1/23/2014Thursday night special is roasted duck. A must have.Special Features:
- When Queens!!!!LouieDelVIPDined on 1/18/2014Need a good Italian dinner? Do you want good service? Would you like an enjoyable evening? Then you have to go to Alberto's for all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not served the selectionsalesmanDined on 1/18/2014I was not served the selection I ordered and the fish that I was served was under cooked.
- Always a pleasure.LucyDined on 1/15/2014Food is wonderful. Service is almost too good. Very attentive staff.. Lovely quiet atmosphere with live piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of NY's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2014This restaurant is a NY Gem. Very few restaurants still exist like this. The owners still make the pasta by hand, recommend wine parings and give personal service. The food is consistantly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old time Italian elegant -nickymomDined on 12/21/2013old time Italian elegant - have been coming her for years - everything was wonderful - as always - however tables are a bit close together - but then again it's Forest HillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How have we missed this place?PeterCDined on 12/19/2013On the recommendation of a friend my wife and I went to Alberto's last week for a birthday dinner. The space is really nice, very high ceilings, clean and fully of holiday spirit. Noise level modest, but picked up as the room filled. Still easy to have a normal conversation. Service very fast and attentive by wait-staff and we were visited often by the managers/owners. The kitchen made my wife a special dish of pasta and fresh vegetables. She's a very picky eater, but was thrilled with what they made for her. I had the roast chicken with rosemary, which was terrific. We both had the house red wine, which was terrific. My wife loved the chocolate mousse. Really great experience, but not cheap. Our bill was just over $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from beginning to endhardtoimpressVIPDined on 12/7/2013We loved the entire night. Get treated like family. Rarely do you go to a place where everyone loves all of their food. But Alberto's is that kind of place. We all loved everything, stuffed artichoke the best ever, salads fresh and delicious. Totelli Alberto simply amazing. Sesame crusted tuna as good as anywhere. Veal, chicken and pork dishes were all loved by our friends. Good portions, quality food and delicious. What more could 1 ask for? The amazing desserts. Will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatjungleDined on 11/29/2013Alberto is my all time favorite restaurant. The most accurate description of Alberto would be "consistently great". No matter what night of the week you eat here, the whole staff down to the bus boys really bring it. It is the place where my family has celebrated many special occassions. You get old school treatment here, and you'll always have a nice experience. You can't miss with their fresh pasta, stuffed artichoke, and bay scallops. My favorite is the Tre Monscheteri (veal, chicken, filet mignon in a ridiculously tasty sauce). One thing to note is that it is a Northern Italian menu (white sauce/brown sauce more than red sauces) but they will make you a chicken parm if you ask them. I would put their food up against any place in NY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnergreatdinnerDined on 11/21/2013Caesar salad for all was absolutely delicious. The birthday boy ordered the veal chop, medium..it came too pink and even after sending it back it was not done enough. The other main dishes of chicken paillard and veal saltimbocca were very good. Dessert (chocolate mousse cake) came with a birthday song...it was excellent, including the singing. Very accommodating restaurant. Enjoy!Special Features:
- not at all family friendlyFoodieFamilyDined on 11/2/2013got a lecture from management for not reserving a seat for the baby stroller (a newborn that spend the entire time in the stroller). then got a second lecture from them after we got seated. table was so tight that you were either up against the wall, sitting at the table behind you or in my case, had the waiters kick my seat every time they walk by. the food was mediocre and didn't make up for the berating i got. waited 25 minutes for our entrees and another 20 minutes for the check. would never go back!
- High QualityReviewDined on 9/30/2013The food was a very high quality for a moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow down AlbertoItalianoVIPDined on 9/18/2013Good food but rushed almost frenetic service. Let the patron finish chewing before clearing the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I found this restaturant gemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013I found this restaturant gem using Open Table while on a guys trip to the US Open. I am more into ambience. good wine and fun than food, but Albertos's was great on all counts. The bar is elegant, and the rest old world including high ceilings, stained glass window decorations and exposed brick walls. We were met by the owner, Silvana, who is a very entertaining personality in addition to perfect host and guarantor of great service and food. After way too much fun, too many great courses, and yes too much wine etc, we had to leave but had difficulty getting thru to the cab company that took us there. Staff took over and a cab was there in 5 minutes. All 4 of us loved Albertos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.