Alberto Forest Hills
98-31 Metropolitan Ave
Forest Hills, NY 11375Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alberto Forest Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7182687860
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alberto Forest Hills is the perfect setting for your next special occasion. Whether a bridal or baby shower, anniversary or special birthday party or even a rehearsal dinner, Alberto will make your occasion one to remember. Alberto is also the perfect venue for an intimate wedding celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Silvana 8559701832
A word from Alberto Forest Hills
Alberto has been a neighborhood institution for over 35 years. Owners, Silvana & Roberto Chiappelloni, originally from Piacenza, Italy, have always believed that good food should not be outrageously expensive and that good wines are meant to be enjoyed. Alberto's menu offers spirited versions of home-cooked dishes from the Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy and Ligurian provinces. Alberto's offers a welcoming and friendly atmosphere from the moment you walk through the door. The bar area is resplendent with an antique mahogany bar, fireplace and large open mahogany doors. Frosted glass and wrought iron chandeliers hang overhead. The souring oak-beamed ceiling is artfully enclosed by exposed brick walls, skylight and colorful artist-signed prints which provide warmth and a delightful sense of coziness. While many NYC eateries have a reputation for highbrow dining, there remains a warm and familial culinary treasure in Forest Hills, Queens. Come and join us at Alberto. Buon AppetitoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Alberto Forest Hills - Best Restaurants in Forest Hills ›
Alberto Forest Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (14)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (10)late-night find (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Alberto's is a Gem...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Food is so good. Menu is not that extensive but whatever they have is good. The OssoBucco is one of the best around. Very child friendly. Staff is always very knowledgeable and will accommodate your requests. Food is always consistent.Special Features:
- WonderfulpalmaskiVIPDined on 9/19/2014I have been dining at Albertos for over 15 years and the place is still at the top of my list. Great food and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014It was recommended to us by an Italian, so...why wouldn't we go? Food and service were both good. Friendly staff. They apparently make thier own pasta however we went with veal and risotto so can't comment on the pasta. Probably should have but we did enjoy what we had. The veal Limone was good but could have had a bit more lemon in the sauce. No side dishes served with the veal,only 3 thin slices on the plate with some sauce over it. Seafood risotto was loaded with seafood. Very enjoyable. We would definitely go back again,our stupidity for not trying the pasta. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a wonderful experiencearizonapatDined on 9/11/2014using open table was a pleasure, had the table and the server as i requested. Sal was our server, he always takes care of us. I recommend this resturant 1000 percent. Food is outstanding............Service 4 starSpecial Features:
- A true gemJeffDined on 8/30/2014I went to Alberto's as a teenager over 30 years ago. They had they best veal parmagian. I now live in Connecticut and it is one of my favorite spots to meet up with friends from Long Island. The food is excellent and special. The service is terrific with a nice extra touch when the owners make you feel especially welcome. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- jayne225Dined on 8/29/2014While our food was good, both main courses were bland and were lacking in flavors/spices. Appetizers were excellent. No dessert ordered. For the prices paid, the main courses should have been better. We've been dining here since it opened and this is the only poor food experience we've ever had. Should've sent back both dishes but for some reason didn't. We would, however, try another time and hope the food is better and if not, we will send the food back to the kitchen. Main courses were swordfish w/mushrooms, peppers (totally lacking in flavor) and Fried fish special with lentals as side dish (also lacking in flavor). Almost, forgot: capuccino was lukewarm and not at all tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent.CathyHillVIPDined on 8/20/2014Bartender needs to actually look at customers. He seems impressed w himself way too long to get served. Gave up trying for second round. Restaurant food and service excellent as always. Pork osso bucco, rack of lamb excellent specials. Could have died and gone to heaven after the handmade stuffed pasta in cream sauce and been happy. Go! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 8/16/2014Alberto's is a neighborhood gem. It has consistently lived up to its reputation as best Italian restaurant in Queens. The food, service and attention all comes together for a grand culinary experience.Special Features:
- TonyDined on 8/16/2014In the 2 yrs. I've been coming to Alberto's we've always found it a great place to enjoy a fine dinner with ambience and friendly service from the waistband and hosts.Special Features:
- Fantasmic!ScottStamfordVIPDined on 7/19/2014I love this place! It has a quant bar as you come in the door. The wait staff and service is great. The menu is quite diverse and the food was excellent. The dessert was fantastic as well. It isn't a big room so reservations are a good idea. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodpmnyVIPDined on 7/16/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Great food and service all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly serviceFHJonDined on 7/12/2014I have been going to Alberto's for years and this was my late Father's day treat from my family. The artichoke apetizer is insanely good and I enjoyed the gnocchi bolognese as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantdavecohenDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I joined some friends to celebrate her birthday. We had a great meal and a well-paced, enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False advertisingeatearlyhereVIPDined on 7/11/2014There were reservation times of 10:30 and 11:00 listed..I chose 10:30. I arrived at 10:38 and was told that they were accepting no new customers as they were closing at 11:00. I told them that it doesn't make sense to accept a reservation and not honor it. I also never received a call informing me that they wouldn't seat anyone at 10:30. Very unprofessional
- FINE DININGOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014THEY HAVE GREAT ANTIPASTI , THE CARPICCIO IS THE BEST AND THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnergreatdinnerDined on 6/15/2014Upon entering we received a lovely & warm greeting & were almost immediately shown to our table. There is an easy & excellent menu with additions of the day's specials. Everything is quite good and all at our table enjoyed. The rack of lamb was absolutely delicious as well as the prik osso buco and as always the veal chop is phenomenal. You will enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Friendly ServiceFHFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Impeccable food, yes, but the service is what makes Alberto's truly special. The host and hostess (who I believe are also the owners) make you feel as if you are in their home, and beam with pride when you are enjoying yourself, and watch sternly over the waitstaff (who are ever present, without being intrusive) to ensure that the entire experience is "just so." Bravo.Special Features:
- GreatDespoVIPDined on 6/13/2014A must see place for dining when you visit Forest HillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberto's, Forest HillsWarmandCozyDined on 5/28/2014Been coming here for ages. Great food, ambiance, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 108 reviews are from the Alberto Forest Hills reviews archive.
- Special Occasion DiningLeenieDDined on 5/17/2014Family tradition is that we all go out to dinner for our birthday. The birthday person gets to pick any restaurant we want. Almost all of us pick Alberto's. On this occasion it was my turn to choose and I chose Alberto's. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 4/26/2014A true GEM in every way and very consistent. the staff, the food never lets you down.Special Features:
- JamfoodieDined on 3/23/2014The first time we went we had a excellent time .The Duck was fabulous. The staff was friendly. We did return and the only issue we had was residue in the second glass of wine. A little shocking as other restaurants typically would have decanted the wine at the table. Recommended the restaurant to several people who had a great time and we will return as well.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceCathyDined on 3/21/2014Great meal at Alberto. The fish was perfectly prepared and the duck with a sauce that kicks was outstanding. Service was pleasant. Decor is calming. Owners are hands on. Wonderful, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2014My family and I had such a great time at Alberto's. The staff is nothing but pleasant and the food is delicious. I can't wait to go back! Make sure you all check out Alberto's!Special Features:
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014We went on a Thursday night we worked all day and needed a treat Hot Antipasto ( baked clams, shrimp, eggplant rollitini, stuffed mushrooms) I had the Pescatora over linguine which I almost always have my wife had the veal parm always tender. We went for desert had the chocolate blackout cake. Just put a fork in meSpecial Features:
- Expensive...but good.brklynDined on 3/1/2014The duck was delicious...nice portion...sauce great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlbertoViki922Dined on 3/1/2014We have been going to Alberto for many years. The food is fantastic, and the service outstanding. Nice for couple and very good for parties. We highly recommend you try Alberto - you will be back for more.Special Features:
- Alberto'sBobLVIPDined on 2/24/2014I've been here several times & the food & service is always excellent. I've been there w/ a few friends on week nights & I've been there for large family gatherings on weekends & it's always consistently great. You can't miss.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service; not-so-good foodlovestoeatDined on 2/14/2014Our dinner at Alberto was not on their list when we arrived (OPEN TABLE screw-up). But, they were gracious and sat us. The interior is delightful, the service was excellent (among the best we've had in the area). But, the major problem was the food. Everything tasted a bit off. It was a busy night and they had a limited menu and I know sometimes things happen ... but we really cannot recommend this restaurant (the lasagna was mediocre and seemed under-cooked, my husband's veal had a strange flavor and made him feel ill; the dessert was way too sweet - tasted as if they'd added granulated sugar to a mousse - and, despite asking for decaf cappuccino for medical and sleep reasons - it was obviously not decaf and I was up half the night).
- Albertos is a neighborhoodBigAppleEdVIPDined on 2/14/2014Albertos is a neighborhood GEM... it has consistently provided good food in a wonderful environment with dedicated service.Special Features:
- Consistently Good!!robkapVIPDined on 2/8/2014We have been going to Alberto for over 30 years. The reason we keep coming back is the consistently good food, service and ambiance. The owners are right there to make sure everything is excellent. If you want something cooked a special way; no problem. I usually order salmon medium rare, and half of the restaurants over cook it, but it was perfect at Alberto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian foodpmnyVIPDined on 1/24/2014This is one of the top Italian restaurants in Queens! Food and services is impeccable. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialsMETagsDined on 1/23/2014Thursday night special is roasted duck. A must have.Special Features:
- When Queens!!!!LouieDelVIPDined on 1/18/2014Need a good Italian dinner? Do you want good service? Would you like an enjoyable evening? Then you have to go to Alberto's for all three.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was not served the selectionsalesmanDined on 1/18/2014I was not served the selection I ordered and the fish that I was served was under cooked.
- Always a pleasure.LucyDined on 1/15/2014Food is wonderful. Service is almost too good. Very attentive staff.. Lovely quiet atmosphere with live piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of NY's BestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2014This restaurant is a NY Gem. Very few restaurants still exist like this. The owners still make the pasta by hand, recommend wine parings and give personal service. The food is consistantly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old time Italian elegant -nickymomDined on 12/21/2013old time Italian elegant - have been coming her for years - everything was wonderful - as always - however tables are a bit close together - but then again it's Forest HillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How have we missed this place?PeterCDined on 12/19/2013On the recommendation of a friend my wife and I went to Alberto's last week for a birthday dinner. The space is really nice, very high ceilings, clean and fully of holiday spirit. Noise level modest, but picked up as the room filled. Still easy to have a normal conversation. Service very fast and attentive by wait-staff and we were visited often by the managers/owners. The kitchen made my wife a special dish of pasta and fresh vegetables. She's a very picky eater, but was thrilled with what they made for her. I had the roast chicken with rosemary, which was terrific. We both had the house red wine, which was terrific. My wife loved the chocolate mousse. Really great experience, but not cheap. Our bill was just over $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent from beginning to endhardtoimpressVIPDined on 12/7/2013We loved the entire night. Get treated like family. Rarely do you go to a place where everyone loves all of their food. But Alberto's is that kind of place. We all loved everything, stuffed artichoke the best ever, salads fresh and delicious. Totelli Alberto simply amazing. Sesame crusted tuna as good as anywhere. Veal, chicken and pork dishes were all loved by our friends. Good portions, quality food and delicious. What more could 1 ask for? The amazing desserts. Will definitely be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.