Alberto Forest Hills
98-31 Metropolitan Ave
Forest Hills, NY 11375Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Alberto Forest Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albertorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (718) 268-7860
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Alberto Forest Hills is the perfect setting for your next special occasion. Whether a bridal or baby shower, anniversary or special birthday party or even a rehearsal dinner, Alberto will make your occasion one to remember. Alberto is also the perfect venue for an intimate wedding celebration.
- Private Party Contact: Silvana 8559701832
A word from Alberto Forest Hills
Alberto has been a neighborhood institution for over 35 years. Owners, Silvana & Roberto Chiappelloni, originally from Piacenza, Italy, have always believed that good food should not be outrageously expensive and that good wines are meant to be enjoyed. Alberto's menu offers spirited versions of home-cooked dishes from the Emilia-Romagna, Lombardy and Ligurian provinces. Alberto's offers a welcoming and friendly atmosphere from the moment you walk through the door. The bar area is resplendent with an antique mahogany bar, fireplace and large open mahogany doors. Frosted glass and wrought iron chandeliers hang overhead. The souring oak-beamed ceiling is artfully enclosed by exposed brick walls, skylight and colorful artist-signed prints which provide warmth and a delightful sense of coziness. While many NYC eateries have a reputation for highbrow dining, there remains a warm and familial culinary treasure in Forest Hills, Queens. Come and join us at Alberto. Buon AppetitoContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Alberto Forest Hills - Best Restaurants in Forest Hills ›
Alberto Forest Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (25)romantic (15)fit for foodies (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- It is by far one of the best restaurants in NYpaulieDined on 11/15/2014The food, service, and ambience is always fabulous.It is always consistent The food is amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but up selling is OTTMilkshakeExpertDined on 11/8/2014Friend recommended this place because she said the food is great, and it was! But the service was off a bit and maybe that's because it was crowded on a Saturday night. We ordered wine but it took a while, the second bottle took even longer and we had to remind someone we ordered it. But the up selling was really over the top and quite a turn-off. The specials (were there 9 or 10??) the desserts and the after dinner drinks and coffees. Just too pushy. The old fashioned way of bringing out plates of the desserts on the table is just that-old fashioned. The last thing we noticed that's not a huge deal but it's noticeable- was the chairs. They were really awful. I know chairs are $$ but I think it's time for a change.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014The food was good but our waiter was very inattentive and rude. Also the food is overpriced, albeit delicious, for the location and ambience ESPECIALLY in light of the service from our waiter.
- ConsistValentineDined on 11/1/2014Always , always good food. Everyone gets that warm greeting ,and you feel like they really mean it.a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:
- A favoritenisconDined on 10/27/2014Never had a bad meal. Although I am an adventurous diner, can never pass up on the stuffed artichoke appetizer. I dream about it!Special Features:
- Alberto - Forest HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014We've been going to Alberto for over 30 years (originally at different location). We have never had anything but a perfect dining experience. Owners and staff are top notch, as always. Food is the best!Special Features:
- Still Good ,but no Star!robkapVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have been to Alberto many, many times over the years. The last couple of times we were not as impressed as we usually were. It was good, but not "very good". Service and ambiance are always excellent!! Not sure if we'll be back??????Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingCathyDined on 10/24/2014We don't dine here enough. This place is outstanding. Food is spot on. You could find better service anywhere.Special Features:
- Personal FavoriteCathyHillVIPDined on 9/29/2014Alberto's is my family's favorite---for good reason---the food is ALWAYS excellent. Brought friends with us this time and it was their first visit after hearing everyone rave about it. They loved it too. I guess it is hard to say what is best as everyone has their own favorites. Specials are always...special! Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- Good italian foodStuka123VIPDined on 9/20/2014I returned to Alberto after a while away The food is really good, the service has ups and downs. I seat down in the table and need to request the menu I usually don't know who is my waiter However the manager and the owner are so warm and make up all this part I tried different dishes and they were all so good and tasty I'm a returning client now
- NickiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Silvania laid out the red carpet for me and my adopted daughter. She sat with us..ordered for us and was very very happy to see me as I had not been there in many years. The food was amazing and all the staff was wonderful. It was the best dining experience I have had. We got the beautiful desert on the house. I was treated with love and like family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberto's is a Gem...gigi214Dined on 9/19/2014Food is so good. Menu is not that extensive but whatever they have is good. The OssoBucco is one of the best around. Very child friendly. Staff is always very knowledgeable and will accommodate your requests. Food is always consistent.Special Features:
- MediocrePopcornhorror2Dined on 9/19/2014Nothing special for Queens, unexceptional in every way. Loud patrons, mostly elderly and foreign families. Service could use additional staff, because even meaning to do well they seemed like they just had too much going on. Bus boys used a dining table in center of restaurant as their bus station...awkward placement. Chairs look and feel like uncomfortable office plastic chairs that your doctor wouldn't even put in the waiting room. Food itself was prepared well, with some weird appetizer options. Overall just a mediocre dining experience. Good for night when you're lazy to cook but that's about all.Special Features:
- WonderfulpalmaskiVIPDined on 9/19/2014I have been dining at Albertos for over 15 years and the place is still at the top of my list. Great food and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great AmbianceLovetoeatDined on 9/19/2014It was recommended to us by an Italian, so...why wouldn't we go? Food and service were both good. Friendly staff. They apparently make thier own pasta however we went with veal and risotto so can't comment on the pasta. Probably should have but we did enjoy what we had. The veal Limone was good but could have had a bit more lemon in the sauce. No side dishes served with the veal,only 3 thin slices on the plate with some sauce over it. Seafood risotto was loaded with seafood. Very enjoyable. We would definitely go back again,our stupidity for not trying the pasta. Next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a wonderful experiencearizonapatDined on 9/11/2014using open table was a pleasure, had the table and the server as i requested. Sal was our server, he always takes care of us. I recommend this resturant 1000 percent. Food is outstanding............Service 4 starSpecial Features:
- A true gemJeffDined on 8/30/2014I went to Alberto's as a teenager over 30 years ago. They had they best veal parmagian. I now live in Connecticut and it is one of my favorite spots to meet up with friends from Long Island. The food is excellent and special. The service is terrific with a nice extra touch when the owners make you feel especially welcome. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- jayne225Dined on 8/29/2014While our food was good, both main courses were bland and were lacking in flavors/spices. Appetizers were excellent. No dessert ordered. For the prices paid, the main courses should have been better. We've been dining here since it opened and this is the only poor food experience we've ever had. Should've sent back both dishes but for some reason didn't. We would, however, try another time and hope the food is better and if not, we will send the food back to the kitchen. Main courses were swordfish w/mushrooms, peppers (totally lacking in flavor) and Fried fish special with lentals as side dish (also lacking in flavor). Almost, forgot: capuccino was lukewarm and not at all tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regret my most recent reviewStuka123VIPDined on 8/23/2014Went there last night having a reservation made through Open Table with 24 hours advance time The manager excused himself for being so busy and my reservation was not honored This place lacks of ethical and business mentality. You don't do this to a regular client We ended up in another restaurant and thanks God, decided to never return to Alberto
- Always excellent.CathyHillVIPDined on 8/20/2014Bartender needs to actually look at customers. He seems impressed w himself way too long to get served. Gave up trying for second round. Restaurant food and service excellent as always. Pork osso bucco, rack of lamb excellent specials. Could have died and gone to heaven after the handmade stuffed pasta in cream sauce and been happy. Go! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 8/16/2014Alberto's is a neighborhood gem. It has consistently lived up to its reputation as best Italian restaurant in Queens. The food, service and attention all comes together for a grand culinary experience.Special Features:
- TonyDined on 8/16/2014In the 2 yrs. I've been coming to Alberto's we've always found it a great place to enjoy a fine dinner with ambience and friendly service from the waistband and hosts.Special Features:
- The following 118 reviews are from the Alberto Forest Hills reviews archive.
- Fantasmic!ScottStamfordVIPDined on 7/19/2014I love this place! It has a quant bar as you come in the door. The wait staff and service is great. The menu is quite diverse and the food was excellent. The dessert was fantastic as well. It isn't a big room so reservations are a good idea. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodpmnyVIPDined on 7/16/2014One of our favorite restaurants. Great food and service all the time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, friendly serviceFHJonDined on 7/12/2014I have been going to Alberto's for years and this was my late Father's day treat from my family. The artichoke apetizer is insanely good and I enjoyed the gnocchi bolognese as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantdavecohenDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I joined some friends to celebrate her birthday. We had a great meal and a well-paced, enjoyable night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- False advertisingeatearlyhereVIPDined on 7/11/2014There were reservation times of 10:30 and 11:00 listed..I chose 10:30. I arrived at 10:38 and was told that they were accepting no new customers as they were closing at 11:00. I told them that it doesn't make sense to accept a reservation and not honor it. I also never received a call informing me that they wouldn't seat anyone at 10:30. Very unprofessional
- FINE DININGLAZ1Dined on 6/21/2014THEY HAVE GREAT ANTIPASTI , THE CARPICCIO IS THE BEST AND THE SERVICE WAS EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnergreatdinnerDined on 6/15/2014Upon entering we received a lovely & warm greeting & were almost immediately shown to our table. There is an easy & excellent menu with additions of the day's specials. Everything is quite good and all at our table enjoyed. The rack of lamb was absolutely delicious as well as the prik osso buco and as always the veal chop is phenomenal. You will enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm and Friendly ServiceFHFoodieVIPDined on 6/14/2014Impeccable food, yes, but the service is what makes Alberto's truly special. The host and hostess (who I believe are also the owners) make you feel as if you are in their home, and beam with pride when you are enjoying yourself, and watch sternly over the waitstaff (who are ever present, without being intrusive) to ensure that the entire experience is "just so." Bravo.Special Features:
- GreatDespoVIPDined on 6/13/2014A must see place for dining when you visit Forest HillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alberto's, Forest HillsWarmandCozyDined on 5/28/2014Been coming here for ages. Great food, ambiance, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningLeenieDDined on 5/17/2014Family tradition is that we all go out to dinner for our birthday. The birthday person gets to pick any restaurant we want. Almost all of us pick Alberto's. On this occasion it was my turn to choose and I chose Alberto's. We all thoroughly enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigAppleEdVIPDined on 4/26/2014A true GEM in every way and very consistent. the staff, the food never lets you down.Special Features:
- JamfoodieDined on 3/23/2014The first time we went we had a excellent time .The Duck was fabulous. The staff was friendly. We did return and the only issue we had was residue in the second glass of wine. A little shocking as other restaurants typically would have decanted the wine at the table. Recommended the restaurant to several people who had a great time and we will return as well.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceCathyDined on 3/21/2014Great meal at Alberto. The fish was perfectly prepared and the duck with a sauce that kicks was outstanding. Service was pleasant. Decor is calming. Owners are hands on. Wonderful, can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/15/2014My family and I had such a great time at Alberto's. The staff is nothing but pleasant and the food is delicious. I can't wait to go back! Make sure you all check out Alberto's!Special Features:
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2014We went on a Thursday night we worked all day and needed a treat Hot Antipasto ( baked clams, shrimp, eggplant rollitini, stuffed mushrooms) I had the Pescatora over linguine which I almost always have my wife had the veal parm always tender. We went for desert had the chocolate blackout cake. Just put a fork in meSpecial Features:
- Expensive...but good.brklynDined on 3/1/2014The duck was delicious...nice portion...sauce great!I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlbertoViki922Dined on 3/1/2014We have been going to Alberto for many years. The food is fantastic, and the service outstanding. Nice for couple and very good for parties. We highly recommend you try Alberto - you will be back for more.Special Features: