400 North Main Street
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.albasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9149372236
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ray Balidemaj
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a variety of party menu's for any event that you'd like to host. Alba's will deliver food to you or it may be picked up. We do not provide staff.
- Special Events: We have Four dining rooms. These rooms can also be used as private rooms for special events that allow us much flexibility in arranging the rooms to meet the needs of our customers. Our library room can seat up to 50 guests; our Main dining room can seat up to 120 guests; and our newly built “XX” room can seat up to 75 guests, and lastly our lavish Martini Room which seats up to 40 guests. Our restaurant is also up to date with state of the art technology including 4 flat screen TV’s located in 3 dining rooms; which allow for corporate meetings, wedding slideshow’s, and any other form of presentations you may need. We also have advanced capabilities in having different types of music playing in all 3 rooms simultaneously; for example, if a private party wants to play one of their IPod’s in one of the rooms, we can fulfill that need. Our parking lot is now much larger and is complimented by valet parking to make you visit to Alba's Restaurant as easy and comfortable as possible.
A word from Alba's Restaurante
The critically acclaimed New York Times 3-Star rated Alba's Restaurant awaits you with it's magic. Owner and Chef Ray Alba welcomes you with open arms to enjoy his homemade pastas, as well as fresh fish of the day in a setting that combines striking neoclassical architecture with elegant modern furnishings. Chef Ray is comitted to bringing Italy to Westchester and pleasing you palette. Alba's will refine and redefine the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Alba's Restaurante - Best Restaurants in Port Chester ›
Alba's Restaurante reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (28)good for groups (26)notable wine list (22)romantic (19)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A great night out with the familyGretaDined on 8/30/2014We had never heard of Alba's Restaurante, despite having lived in Westchester for a number of years but, based upon great OpenTable reviews, decided to try it with our two kids (ages 11 and 15). What a nice surprise! The atmosphere is warm and inviting, and the food was delicious. My 15-year-old son raved about the swordfish (and the lava cake)! My husband's steak was perfectly cooked, the sole almondine was great and my daughter loved her fettucine bolognese. The appetizer portions were a bit large--delicious, but made it hard to finish our main meals. My only other complaint is a bit silly, but the food almost came out too quickly. Well cooked, but we wondered how they were able to turn it around that fast.Special Features:
- Best Fish RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Alba’s has to be the best fish restaurant in Westchester and for Italian food, all those previous good reviews are right on the money. On my last visit I selected the wild salmon, (Alaskan), with a coating of Dijon mustard. The subtle flavor of the wild salmon was enhanced by the mustard without overwhelming it one bit, something I found quite remarkable. It was perfectly cooked and arrived at the table hot enough to make one think there was merely a minute from oven to the table. This is typical of Alba’s and with a most pleasant wait staff, and beautiful surroundings, there is little more to want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritesKarinDined on 8/12/2014The sole francese is soooo good. The caesar salad and fried calamari as well. You can't go wrong with any selection on the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Alba's is a gem in the Port Chester NY food scene. It is a pretty restaurant, with good solid food, a versatile menu, and delicious desserts. We had a wonderful meal on a Monday night, when a good restaurant that is open is hard to find! We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- 2nd time not a charmcentsibledinnerVIPDined on 8/9/2014on our first visit a few months ago, food was delicious, but this time around it was tasteless. Very disappointing.
- Fine dining experienceBoomer1Dined on 8/6/2014Excellent food and ambience. We choose Alba's for special occasions and are never disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We had an outstanding time at Albas. Great food great service and Ofcours nice generous glass of wine. We started with nice shrimp alba and my wife had the most delicious burrata mozzarella, and of course we had to have a homemade fresh lobster pasta in between which was out of this world and our diner was wiled salmon and well recommended Bronzino and was deboned in front of us. Hmmm dessert ?? Was great delicious cheese cake and chocolate almond which was warmed with some ice cream on top .. Bravo AlbasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it the best?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014Such a welcoming place, beautiful decor, very pleasant waiters that will rush to your aid with just a look, always consistently outstanding food, reasonable cost for what is served, a place that has to be one of the most satisfying dining venues in Westchester for those that understand good food, value and appreciate an uplifting environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the food was tasty2citizenshipsVIPDined on 7/25/2014in my opinion, it was more expensive than it needed to be. $11.00 glasses of wine and they were nothing special. I ordered sole francese special ($32). It was delicious. Rigatoni filetto was good but it was hard to find the prosciutto that is normally there. Dessert however was outstanding. It's rare when you find coconut cream pie on a dessert menu. The servers were prompt and pleasant. Our bill with tip was $150 for 2 and that's $45-50 more than our favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it very much!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014The staff was very pleasant and efficient, and the food was very good. it was nicely decorated, and everything was very clean and fresh looking. We thought it had been recently renovated, but the waiter said it had not - they just keep it very clean!! Will definitely go back!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Fantastic food and wonderful service! The food is comparable to the best NYC Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencefoodaddictDined on 7/18/2014The service was excellent. The wait staff was attendant and friendly. They added to the enjoyment of the dining experience. The food was served hot and was very good. Although this was the first time there, they made you feel like a regular. Even the parking lot attendant was great. He remembered me and my car when we finished dinner and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silver1Dined on 7/3/2014longstanding establishment with consistant, very good food,outstanding service and ample parking ( valet ).Highly recommanded for a special nite outSpecial Features:
- Good food good serviceLakaDined on 6/30/2014Won off the best restaurants west chester you won't go wrong by choosing alba's we loved everything about our evening! Many wonderful specials it Bronzino table Sid file bay Nicky no boneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemmurrayjDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant is a true gem. My friends travel up to Port Chester from upper Manhattan regularly to dine here, and for good reason. It's a true stand-out, matching or besting the best in Manhattan. Fine drinks, outstanding foo, and impeccable service. It simply deosn't get any better than Alba's Ristorante.Special Features:
- PerfectCATTDined on 6/24/2014Great place and great service -- food was amazing as was the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alba's always greatcfriedman2000Dined on 6/21/2014I try to come here as much as my diet permits--everything is great and I could truly eat the whole menu. Service very nice and helpful--the onsite parking is very convenient as well. Make this a regular on our dining out map.Special Features:
- Very SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014If you want a great meal with great service you won't go wrong by choosing Alba's! We loved everything about our evening! Many wonderful specials..... Really a treat. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Need to return for dinnerBzaitaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Came here for a business lunch and the menu looked very promising with not too adventurous selections. Pretty standard Italian. I would like to return for dinner and try to find an affordable decent red wine on their listSpecial Features:
- Pleasant dining spotTattlinDined on 6/2/2014Alba's has a pleasant ambiance, moderately busy but quiet enough for relaxed conversation, with tables very comfortably spaced. It offers a very large choice of good Italian food and very satisfactory service. Definitely worth a visit in the Port Chester area. It has it's own parking lot with valet parking when we were there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- was great, now even greater!chezdavidDined on 5/31/2014Always a favorite with classic northern Italian preparations done expertly. Always leaving with the "wow" factor. The Best.Special Features:
- Great food!momof2Dined on 5/22/2014The food was delicious. My softshell crabs were amazing!!! We were celebrating my 13 year olds birthday and it was perfect. The right balance of neighborhood warmth with formal dining. The pasta dishes were so fresh. We left room for dessert ...just barely though... we will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarinDined on 5/22/2014Always delicious!! Our first choice for intimate dinner or celebrating an event or holiday.Special Features:
- Terrific food, great serviceLocalVIPDined on 5/16/2014Can't believe we have not visited before. Food was great and the waiters were friendly and efficient. There was not a bad meal amongst us. We will definitely go back. Old school Italian food, like it should be.Special Features:
- Mother's Day DinnerBrianDined on 5/11/2014We had an excellent dinner with great service and food. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 342 reviews are from the Alba's Restaurante reviews archive.
- Good food, dismissive serverEatingWithFamilyDined on 5/11/2014The lasagne was delicious - and recommended, but it was ruined by one server who would have preferred if we weren't there. The server made us feel like we were doing him a favor, he was so unfriendly. And whilst the lasagne was delicious $25 is a lot to be treated nonchalantly. The other servers were good and the atmosphere was fine.Special Features:
- GreatTastyDined on 4/25/2014Expensive but great. Wine list is massive. I had the veal and loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for alljumpieDined on 4/25/2014Good food and wine. Great service, and friendly wait staff. will definitely return many times with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent with other commentersADZ1Dined on 4/25/2014As other reviews have indicated, the food, service, decor etc. are all top-notch. Drinks are pricey - $14 for a martini is not warranted and a $55 bottle of wine goes for $40 elsewhere. If you know you're going to drop the bucks, then this a terrific restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tangoVIPDined on 4/19/2014I had the filet of sole, my wife had the Lasagne . Both were excellent, well prepared , with ample portions, Service was excellent and waiters and bus-boys very attentive to all customers. A little pricey on the drinks, The Kier royale , more expensive than any in the area, and the price for a cup of Green tea, way more than price for tea is in most Westcester restaurants,Special Features:
- gerryjudgementDined on 4/18/2014The food and services is always at its best. Top restaurant in lower Westchester.Special Features:
- Jewel in Port ChesterSueandRobVIPDined on 4/11/2014We came here on a whim, and were not expecting such a romantic evening in a lovely setting. Best of all, the food was awesome, from beginning to end. We had the veal chop and the fusilli primavera-both were excellent. The veal chop is pounded thin and breaded-out of this world. The restaurant is very pretty and the wait staff is maybe the most attentive in lower Westchester. Benny, our waiter, was very knowledgeable and helpful, and we felt like we were the most important guests of the evening. The wine list is extensive, with many wines by the glass. The home-made limoncellos were really smooth, cold and refreshing. A perfect way to end the meal. We cannot wait to return. A true gem in Port Chester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delicious and fun eveningtendroffrVIPDined on 4/4/2014The food is delicious. The Caesar salad (made at the table) is the best I've ever had. I've never had a meal I was disappointed in. The pasta is always fresh and tasteful. The service is fantastic and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. This is one of the best restaurants in Westchester, bar none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodmariaVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food is always delicious - was busy so service a bit slow but otherwise greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unbeatableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/29/2014In so many levels, this restaurant is one of the best starting at the door and finishing when you get your car from the valét. I particularly like yhe way you are addressed by more than 1 server, and are constantly being checked on. Its great for romance or just hood dining, you wont go wrong either way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodJohn55VIPDined on 3/29/2014I have been to Albas in the past and they have really upped their game. The food and service was great. My date and I have been there a number of times and we both commented and how great it was.Special Features:
- Happily surpriesedgoodwinepickDined on 3/29/2014I recently took my family to Alba's for my Mom's birthday, and our meals were quite delicious.The service was attentive, without being intrusive. The ingredients tasted fresh and adeptly prepared. My swordfish was prepared to perfection, as was my wife's Branzino. All my guests enjoyed their meal immensely. Alba's is a smart choice for solid quality italian food , served in a friendly, warm atmosphere!Special Features:
- We always love dining at Alba's.charleneVIPDined on 3/22/2014We always love dining at Alba's. The food and service are so good. Best Caesar salad ever!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedPeterTDined on 3/22/2014Our dining experience was disappointing. We sat at the bar,which was empty, for 10 minutes before being served because the bartender was overwhelmed by drink orders from the wait staff. Twenty minutes past our reservation time, I had to ask if our table was ready and was told "anytime you are..just pay the barbill first". We ended up being served by 4 different waiters so we never knew who our waiter was and at the end one of them asked if we had paid our bar bill. Was recommended one of the specials which was a pounded veal chop which was thin and dried out. About the only good thing I could say was that the décor was very nice and the staff was dressed very nicely in blue shirts with ties.
- Food very good. But, noisecgemDined on 3/21/2014Food very good. But, noise level very high; difficult to talk at dinner and be hears; drinks were very overpriced (e.g. martini was $16.)