400 North Main Street
Port Chester, NY 10573Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.albasrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (914) 937-2236
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ray Balidemaj
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a variety of party menu's for any event that you'd like to host. Alba's will deliver food to you or it may be picked up. We do not provide staff.
- Special Events: We have Four dining rooms. These rooms can also be used as private rooms for special events that allow us much flexibility in arranging the rooms to meet the needs of our customers. Our library room can seat up to 50 guests; our Main dining room can seat up to 120 guests; and our newly built “XX” room can seat up to 75 guests, and lastly our lavish Martini Room which seats up to 40 guests. Our restaurant is also up to date with state of the art technology including 4 flat screen TV’s located in 3 dining rooms; which allow for corporate meetings, wedding slideshow’s, and any other form of presentations you may need. We also have advanced capabilities in having different types of music playing in all 3 rooms simultaneously; for example, if a private party wants to play one of their IPod’s in one of the rooms, we can fulfill that need. Our parking lot is now much larger and is complimented by valet parking to make you visit to Alba's Restaurant as easy and comfortable as possible.
A word from Alba's Restaurante
The critically acclaimed New York Times 3-Star rated Alba's Restaurant awaits you with it's magic. Owner and Chef Ray Alba welcomes you with open arms to enjoy his homemade pastas, as well as fresh fish of the day in a setting that combines striking neoclassical architecture with elegant modern furnishings. Chef Ray is comitted to bringing Italy to Westchester and pleasing you palette. Alba's will refine and redefine the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Alba's Restaurante - Best Restaurants in Port Chester ›
Alba's Restaurante reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)special occasion (44)fit for foodies (40)good for groups (31)notable wine list (20)romantic (19)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (8)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Beautiful spot in Port ChesterUsuallyHungryVIPDined on 11/22/2014Went to the movies in Port Chester and not sure where to go since the loss of the Willett House. Found this on Open Table and was very pleased. Pretty place with good food and outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, not so good servicelilyVIPDined on 11/22/2014For the prices that Alba's commands, the service leaves something to be desired. They clearly have a group of regulars whom they do prefer to cater to. Which makes it hard to want to become a regular since you are treated as an afterthought if you aren't one!I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedHostDined on 11/22/2014I brought a group of 12 for a family reunion dinner. Alba's was terrific: just the right atmosphere; fine food; good wine list. The large round table accommodated all. A neighborhood gem.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency ReignsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2014Dropped by last night, Friday, and it was packed, a sign of a good restaurant. I have been to Alba’s a number of times previously and one thing which stands out in impressive fashion is that this restaurant is absolutely consistent. As always the food was delicious; a Caesar Salad that is the best, the fish cooked perfectly and presented hot, service was great, every wish was speedily taken care of and all this despite a crowded evening. In my opinion, Alba’s is one of just a handful of restaurants in Westchester that can provide such all around excellent delivery. And it is very comfortable with a beautiful interiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentpablopilotDined on 11/21/2014We go to Alba's all the time, and it never disappoints. The staff is welcoming and easygoing, and has a sense of humor, from the gentleman who parks our car in. The food is utterly consistent in every way -- every dish on the menu is at least worth a try, and the quality never varies. This is the only place I order Caesar salad anymore, and I get it every time I go. Made tableside, its quite simply the best I've ever had. The pastas are great, and they'll make you anything you have the imagination to ask for. The fish is consistently fresh and cooked perfectly, sauced subtly and deliciously without oversaucing. Deserts are terrific, especially the italian cheesecake. Is it cheap? No. By Port Chester standards its outrageous. But there is nothing in Port Chester that comes close, and fine dining is almost never a bargain. Having some experience in the restaurant business, I can tell you it is very expensive to do what they do at Alba's. They never skimp on ingredients or preparation. You really do get what you pay for. Try Alba's. Its a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lala1dinesVIPDined on 11/15/2014We started off with a quiet, wonderful table near the fireplace but that did not last long: the restaurant filled with people quickly on that Saturday night and became very loud with "spotty" service. We had beef Carpaccio for an appetizer which tasted good but for an Italian place, we expected better (meat had no texture and was falling apart). Same applied to Branzino and Halibut on special (both overcooked, including roasted potatoes and beans). The best part of the dinner was our dessert Zabaglione which was made at our table (what a nice show) and was truly delicious. I would return to Alba but on a weekday...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014Have been to Alba"s several time and the food is consistently good. This time the service was very slow. Dinner for 7 took 2 3/4 hours!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- travelerVIPDined on 11/11/2014Great fine Italian dining! I went there with a couple of clients and we were impressed. The food is very good and the wine list is pretty extensive. The atmosphere is more high-end contemporary than the typical baroque you normally see. It's very quiet so you can easily have conversation and privacy. I'll definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian restaurantSnowbirdVIPDined on 11/6/2014Reasonably good food, wide variety of choices, friendly staff . Overall for local restaurants eight out of 10
- Alba's RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2014I have eaten here many, many times. The food (particularly their fish) is always fresh, well prepared and delicious. The staff are all helpful. At this point, I know many of them (including the owner), by name. I think that this is a terrific restaurant.Special Features:
- Always reliableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014Food and service was great. I had a veal special that was excellent and my husband had another veal dish that he thought was delicious. Friendly service also. I wish they would make the Caesar salad for one.Special Features:
- Squid Ink Pasta....ADZ1VIPDined on 10/21/2014with mussels and clams was delicious! Service impeccable as always. Alba's is the go-to Italian ristorante in Port Chester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!DPdinerDined on 10/18/2014We were a family of 4 on a Saturday night. Our kids are 10 & 13 and very well behaved. Everyone had a great meal. The lasagna, veal chop Milanese& linguine w/ clam sauce were great. The waiters were very attentive. We would definitely go back! It's about a $200 check w/1 drink each entrees and a few desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and dining experienceGHRLVIPDined on 10/17/2014Been going for years. Very consistent. Never had bad meal. Branziino out of this worldSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good findJeanDined on 10/11/2014I wanted a special place to celebrate my friends birthday. We were very happy and would like to return soon. Very attentive waitorsSpecial Features:
- Great food- felt a bit ignoredOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We went to Alba for our anniversary on the recommendaiton of OpenTable and local friends as well. The food was outstanding but the service left a bit to be desired. We were seated right away and offered drinks but no menu for at least 10-15 minutes. Appetizers came out, followed by food but then we sat at our table for at least 15-20 minutes completley ignored. No offer for coffee or desert and the waiters just ignored us. My husband got up to ask the Maitre'd for the check and mentioned our occasion- and the waiter did try to recover by offering us a free desert and Limoncello. We would go back as the food was excellent- but would expect to be better served.Special Features:
- Graet RestaurantPaulKDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding food and service at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentchezdavidDined on 9/20/2014Always an epicurean experience. Not a morsel left on the plate. Not an easy fish to prepare, the halibut was perfection on the plate. The caesar salad prepared table side was a perfect beginning. Great attentive friendly staff creates a memorable evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening at Alba'sSallyDined on 9/19/2014Alba's Restaurante has recently completed a re-do inside and it is wonderful. The interior is light, comfortably elegant, with a great bar room, as well as lovely dining room with fireplace. The staff - from wait staff to front desk - are all about pleasing the customer. Frequently at the table to refill water, check in on the meal, and with knowledgeable comments on both wine and food choices for the evening, though never helicoptering or intrusive. The food was delicious, great variety of choices and specials. Recommend Alba's for an enjoyable, lovely dinner out with someone special or a group of friends. Prices are on the higher end, but the food, service, and ambiance do not disappoint.Special Features:
- Great spot2gooutanightDined on 9/19/2014Good is excellent and the service attentive . We plan to return soon,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More hot peppers in chicken scarp!ADZ1VIPDined on 9/10/2014Our food was delicious, but chicken scarpariello should be spicier. Seafood salad, gnocchi were terrific! Great restaurant, would come back and ask for some cherry peppers ....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night out with the familyGretaDined on 8/30/2014We had never heard of Alba's Restaurante, despite having lived in Westchester for a number of years but, based upon great OpenTable reviews, decided to try it with our two kids (ages 11 and 15). What a nice surprise! The atmosphere is warm and inviting, and the food was delicious. My 15-year-old son raved about the swordfish (and the lava cake)! My husband's steak was perfectly cooked, the sole almondine was great and my daughter loved her fettucine bolognese. The appetizer portions were a bit large--delicious, but made it hard to finish our main meals. My only other complaint is a bit silly, but the food almost came out too quickly. Well cooked, but we wondered how they were able to turn it around that fast.Special Features:
- Best Fish RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014Alba’s has to be the best fish restaurant in Westchester and for Italian food, all those previous good reviews are right on the money. On my last visit I selected the wild salmon, (Alaskan), with a coating of Dijon mustard. The subtle flavor of the wild salmon was enhanced by the mustard without overwhelming it one bit, something I found quite remarkable. It was perfectly cooked and arrived at the table hot enough to make one think there was merely a minute from oven to the table. This is typical of Alba’s and with a most pleasant wait staff, and beautiful surroundings, there is little more to want.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritesKarinDined on 8/12/2014The sole francese is soooo good. The caesar salad and fried calamari as well. You can't go wrong with any selection on the menu.Special Features:
- Great and reliabledtcippyVIPDined on 8/11/2014Food consistently superb, service extremely personable and always solicitous - our favorite neighborhood restaurant! We always love coming here.Special Features:
- Excellent Neighborhood SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2014Alba's is a gem in the Port Chester NY food scene. It is a pretty restaurant, with good solid food, a versatile menu, and delicious desserts. We had a wonderful meal on a Monday night, when a good restaurant that is open is hard to find! We highly recommend it.Special Features:
- 2nd time not a charmcentsibledinnerVIPDined on 8/9/2014on our first visit a few months ago, food was delicious, but this time around it was tasteless. Very disappointing.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014We had an outstanding time at Albas. Great food great service and Ofcours nice generous glass of wine. We started with nice shrimp alba and my wife had the most delicious burrata mozzarella, and of course we had to have a homemade fresh lobster pasta in between which was out of this world and our diner was wiled salmon and well recommended Bronzino and was deboned in front of us. Hmmm dessert ?? Was great delicious cheese cake and chocolate almond which was warmed with some ice cream on top .. Bravo AlbasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 361 reviews are from the Alba's Restaurante reviews archive.
- Is it the best?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/25/2014Such a welcoming place, beautiful decor, very pleasant waiters that will rush to your aid with just a look, always consistently outstanding food, reasonable cost for what is served, a place that has to be one of the most satisfying dining venues in Westchester for those that understand good food, value and appreciate an uplifting environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the food was tasty2citizenshipsVIPDined on 7/25/2014in my opinion, it was more expensive than it needed to be. $11.00 glasses of wine and they were nothing special. I ordered sole francese special ($32). It was delicious. Rigatoni filetto was good but it was hard to find the prosciutto that is normally there. Dessert however was outstanding. It's rare when you find coconut cream pie on a dessert menu. The servers were prompt and pleasant. Our bill with tip was $150 for 2 and that's $45-50 more than our favorite Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it very much!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/23/2014The staff was very pleasant and efficient, and the food was very good. it was nicely decorated, and everything was very clean and fresh looking. We thought it had been recently renovated, but the waiter said it had not - they just keep it very clean!! Will definitely go back!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/18/2014Fantastic food and wonderful service! The food is comparable to the best NYC Italian restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencefoodaddictDined on 7/18/2014The service was excellent. The wait staff was attendant and friendly. They added to the enjoyment of the dining experience. The food was served hot and was very good. Although this was the first time there, they made you feel like a regular. Even the parking lot attendant was great. He remembered me and my car when we finished dinner and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- silver1Dined on 7/3/2014longstanding establishment with consistant, very good food,outstanding service and ample parking ( valet ).Highly recommanded for a special nite outSpecial Features:
- Good food good serviceLakaDined on 6/30/2014Won off the best restaurants west chester you won't go wrong by choosing alba's we loved everything about our evening! Many wonderful specials it Bronzino table Sid file bay Nicky no boneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemmurrayjDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant is a true gem. My friends travel up to Port Chester from upper Manhattan regularly to dine here, and for good reason. It's a true stand-out, matching or besting the best in Manhattan. Fine drinks, outstanding foo, and impeccable service. It simply deosn't get any better than Alba's Ristorante.Special Features:
- PerfectCATTDined on 6/24/2014Great place and great service -- food was amazing as was the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alba's always greatcfriedman2000Dined on 6/21/2014I try to come here as much as my diet permits--everything is great and I could truly eat the whole menu. Service very nice and helpful--the onsite parking is very convenient as well. Make this a regular on our dining out map.Special Features:
- Very SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/20/2014If you want a great meal with great service you won't go wrong by choosing Alba's! We loved everything about our evening! Many wonderful specials..... Really a treat. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Need to return for dinnerBzaitaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Came here for a business lunch and the menu looked very promising with not too adventurous selections. Pretty standard Italian. I would like to return for dinner and try to find an affordable decent red wine on their listSpecial Features: