Alamo Square Seafood Grill
803 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Alamo Square Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://alamosquareseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 4154402828
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: we cater for pick up or full catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Specializing in serving wonderfully prepared, generous portions of fresh seafood to our San Francisco neighbors and friends for the last 10 years.
We cater with a personalized approach by customizing menus to reflect our customer's own taste.
- Private Party Contact: Andre Larzul 4154402828
- Special Events: valentines dinner menu 3 course $ 40 per person.
A word from Alamo Square Seafood Grill
We specialize in fresh seafood in generous portions. Come and visit us on Wednesday evening when you can "Bring Your Own Wine" and corkage fees are waived. In the last eight years, we have become a neighborhood favorite for a delicious meal at a great price. When Michael Bauer reviewed us he said, "Good seafood value at Alamo Square." and "The owners of Alamo are veterans at offering good food at great value." as well as "Snapper, salmon, tuna, swordfish, and petrale sole are all priced at $13.50 for a generous half-pound portion. Even with nothing else on the plate, it would be a good deal, but when you add the myriad side dishes, it's astounding."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alamo Square Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (11)romantic (11)special occasion (5)notable wine list (4)hot spot (1)good for groups (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Fine neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2014I always find the food fresh and delicious, well prepared and very reasonably priced.It is located in a quiet neighborhood, and parking has never been a problem. The service is somewhat slow, and I suspect the restaurant keeps prices lower by having fewer servers. So it is best if you don't have anywhere else to go for an evening. I rated service as very good because I specifically come here when I want a quiet and leisurely dinner with friends. At my last visit I especially enjoyed the special spinach salad with pears, spicy nuts and blue cheese, the swordfish and flourless chocolate cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seek, and ye shall find...ConsulofRomeDined on 10/3/2014You'd walk right by it, if you weren't in search of it. The place seats, at best, 30 humans. The corner tables are thrones to judge the World. You could exist solely from the pesto and bread. I still don't understand, but choose not to question, how poached pears, and quail egg's go with salad. Always order at least one special. Drink the wines, all if you can, but start with the Chateau Neuf du Pape. Chocolate at the end, with the Malbec, or a port. This is the place where you confess to the woman you met online that you're in love with her.... Don't walk right by her, your search is over.Special Features:
- Bob LRobertDined on 10/3/2014This ambiance of this small Alamo Square restaurant created a perfect setting for dinner with out of town guests. Andre, the owner, greeted us upon our arrival and was our very engaging and delightful waiter. We will back soon.Special Features:
- Went with out-of-town guestsSandVdiningoutDined on 9/29/2014We've been to this nice neighborhood place four or five times by ourselves and brought friends too. The simple menu, daily specials and good wine list were quite satisfactory. This time we were a little disappointed by the slow service, almost an hour after we ordered and also after another table was served who came in at least 10 minutes after we did. But, we still like the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Little GemsallyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Discovered this restaurant as we wanted to celebrate a birthday in that area; staff and service were very warm and inviting, food was lovely their surprise celebration desert was very much enjoyed by our now 21 year old daughter! Their menu was clever with a set priced menu that ran from 530 till 730, nights where wine was half price and nights where you could bring your own; all very inventive. If we lived in the area I know that we would become weekly diners, another great reason to move to San Francisco!Special Features:
- what a find !heavenlyDined on 9/17/2014found this little place on Fillmore, after many drive thrus. what a delight, really good fish, pleasant ambiance and efficient and friendly service. Went on Wed., and found kit was free corkage night; but I still like anyk other day.Special Features:
- Great!adsloDined on 9/13/2014Have been wanting to try this place for over 5 years and finally pulled the trigger - pleasantly surprised and the atmosphere was soothing.Special Features:
- Alamo Sq Fixed price menuannajakDined on 9/13/2014The portions was perfect for me --a little small for my husband. Next time he will order a regular meal. Fish was very good. When we have time to walk there from the civic center, this is a great choice and we will return. Arriving when it opens at 5:30 and placing our order quickly allows us time- to attend the pre-symphony lecture at 7 pm.Special Features:
- Great for BYOBJiniDined on 9/10/2014I went here on a Weds to take advantage of the BYOB offer! The menu was small and focused and food tasted lovely. I would return here.Special Features:
- A Too-Hidden JewelCarnationDined on 9/8/2014We had a delightful time and appreciated not being rushed through dinner. There are far too few restaurants where people can hear their table mates--this is one of them. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Excellent SeafoodSherryFromSFDined on 8/29/2014It was our first time at Alamo Square Seafood Grill. There were 3 of us, 2 celebrating birthdays. We shared a couple of appetizers: The Escargots Farcies a la Bourguignon were delicious, and not at all chewey. The fish dishes were light and melt in your mouth tender, with beautiful, flavorful sauces. The owner was very kind and friendly, told us about the secret parking lot, and made us laugh - he's quite a character. After we had our dessert and paid our bill, he brought out complimentary port to cap off our meal, in honor of the birthdays. It was a wonderful evening, and we will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for family get-togetherDonJonDined on 8/26/2014In San Francisco for a family reunion. Restaurant was close to our accommodation in lower Haight, so was an easy walk. Service was excellent, reasonably priced wine by the glass, and a quiet setting so we could easily converse. Food was also very good...had the pasta special which was amazing, steak which was cooked perfectly and tasty appies. The only disappointment was the clam chowder...tasty, but thin and not many clams. Would definitely recommend the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sfbarbDined on 8/21/2014The Pres Fixe is a great find. However, one comment is that soup is quite salty and the dessert a bit on the sweet side. Otherwise, a great place for a nice dinner.Special Features:
- Good food at reasonable pricesFoodiepair50sDined on 7/26/2014Had the salad/lump crab cake and salmon. All were tasty and service friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFillmoeDined on 7/22/2014The format: 4 types of fresh fish 4 sauces 4 cooking methods Diner's choice, mix-and-match We have been returning here for many years for satisfying dinners in a very casual setting. When we arrived about 6:30 pm, the crowd was "boomer" age, and as we left, the tables were filled with younger diners. They only aspect that is a tiny bit negative is that with only two servers, the service is a bit slow, but always courteous. It's always been that way; perhaps it's part of the ambiance. We don't mind and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Quality, Top Value and parking!zestysfVIPDined on 7/14/2014I live in Pac Heights and hadn't been to Alamo Square in years. It's just great! Before 7 there's a prix fixe meal for $14.95. Yes, you read that correctly. I had a delicious curry zucchini soup, fresh mahi mahi with green peppercorn sauce, tasty rice and an abundance of squash, carrots and brussel sprouts as a main course. The dessert was baked Alaska on creme anglaise with caramel sauce and sliced almonds. Monday night is half price bottle of wine;Tuesday by the glass. I know because it was so good, went there for a business dinner the next night! Same menu, same great service. Most notable = is it's Q-U-I-E-T. I don't review often -- but the place wasn't even half full both nights. Neighbors, it deserves our business.Special Features:
- AlyVVIPDined on 7/11/2014Cozy little spot with delicious food. Good if you love seafood and if you don't the menu has other options. Ability to choose type of fish and preparation and sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phoning in - bad. Great food &staffYummerzDined on 7/11/2014I woulda gave Alamo 5 stars if Open Table or Alamo didnt resched my 7pm reservation. Alamo claimed it was OT that somehow pushed thru the reservation even tho Alamo could not accommadate our larger group. (Alamo had a larger group coming in at 7 apparently). Also it was alotta phone tags/calls to reach a live person @ Alamo to confirm/ hear why my reservation got changed. (I booked about a week ahead too. Oh well :-/) Still i forgave this lil snafu and dined there. I had the poached salmon. Not bad. Def good seafood and Tirimisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great fish prepared perfectly. Nice sides. Very tasty. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good value but –AliceBTVIPDined on 7/5/2014Perhaps this is in the category of "you get what you pay for," but the fish on prix fixe menu special was not very fresh, nor cooked particularly well, tho definitely edible; the vegetables seemed to be leftover from the night before. It's a nice place with decent wine and excellent prices but the kitchen needs a little more attention to detail.Special Features:
- Charming little spotfatkidlovecakeDined on 7/1/2014This is the closest 'special occasion' type restaurant to my home, so I've celebrated many a birthday, going away, and anniversary here. However, with its amazing specials (such as Monday 1/2 off wine glasses, Tuesday 1/2 off wine bottles, and Wednesday free corkage) this place also ends up being just our default 'nice' dinner restaurant. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and remembers you and your usual if you have one. Love this spot.Special Features:
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/28/2014Never been here before - very pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Servers tried hard but were sometimes scattered/easily distracted. Overall a very positive impression & will consider coming back again soon.Special Features:
- SuziDined on 6/27/2014Location is great for cultural center - food is excellentSpecial Features:
- Very nice dinnerAachooVIPDined on 6/27/2014Four of us dined choosing three different Fish main courses. All of the fish was fresh and cooked perfectly to order. Mussles and Frits we tasty too for our appetizer. Dinner was moderately priced and we enjoyed a walk around the Alamo Square neighborhood before dinner. All-in-all it was a nice dinner before our night at the Symphony (Restaurant is only 6 long blocks from Davies Hall).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 6/26/2014Always a pleasure to walk through the lovely neighborhood of Victorians and arrive at this comfortable friendly restaurant. The bread is a most...not for the bread but for the tasty basil oil dip that is served with it. It is also great as a dip for the calimari. I ordered the pork special...a generous serving served atop risotto with skinny asparagus on the side. My companion enjoyed his two large crab cakes as well. We enjoy the value for the cost and the pleasure of quiet dining before a Civic Center event..Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Charming, scenic location, not pretentious, great food, very friendly service and free parking. We would definetly return if we are lucky enough to visit San Francisco again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAtlTravelerVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is Gem of place. It has a great neighbourhood feel. The food is very good and an outstanding value. They have a number of daily options and about 5 ways sauces to choose from and several preparation options (grilled, blackened etc). And they have excellent wines at reasonable prices (and on Monday night half price to boot) And Ken does a GREAT job making everyone feel at home and welcomed. I make a stop there on almost all my visits to San Francisco.Special Features:
- The following 741 reviews are from the Alamo Square Seafood Grill reviews archive.
- Best kept secretCareerServerDined on 6/20/2014The perfect out of the way, hidden neighborhood gem. Fresh fish cooked to perfection. Simple, honest and always good. Perfect for a first date, an quiet romantic proposal or an anniversary dinner. Great place for a dinner with your best friend or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!SandraSDined on 6/14/2014We went to this restaurant because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint. Great neighborhood gem, inviting ambiance, great service and great food. It is also out of the tourist section of the City and so, you will find a really relaxing atmosphere and you can actually have a nice conversation, while you enjoy your meal. By the time we left, the restaurant was full and the noise level was still manageable. Great Find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dinner I've had in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Awful, inconsistent, inaccurate service, dire quality food, totally poor!
- Neighborhood gemEats4meDined on 6/6/2014Great value and relaxed environment. Delicious fresh food served in a friendly relaxed restaurant. Great value.Special Features:
- Great food on FillmoreUligVIPDined on 6/5/2014We were 3 people for dinner at Alamo Square Seafood. We all ate different fish dishes and they were all very tasty, with fresh ingredients and a very friendly service.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Gemwes0820Dined on 6/1/2014Had great food, service, and fellowship for two couples. Had the seafood pasta, others had the prix fixe fish (trout), and regular salmon --- all were delicious and well prepared (not overcooked!!). Great value for the pre fixe menu. Only downside is the difficult street parking. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialWinksDined on 5/31/2014I have to disagree with many very positive reviews I read before I booked a table at Alamo Square Seafood Grill. It's located in a not very nice part of town. A $14 cab ride from Fisherman's Wharf. The decor was very plain. Our server was nice and attentive. The food was OK but nothing special. I would not go out of my way to eat here again and I would not recommend it as a "must do" SF restaurant.Special Features:
- dsmfDined on 5/10/2014Delicious food at reasonable prices. The pesto dip served with the bread is yummy. We could have just had that and been happy! Very helpful waitstaff even though it was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicelngyrdDined on 5/8/2014The food was very good. My mussel appetizer was giant and really tasty. Server was always right there when you wanted anything, very pleasant and well informed. The Tempranillo is a pleasure. Good wine there. A great dinner and a great price. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Cozy neighborhood spotDelishVIPDined on 5/6/2014Great, super friendly service, quiet, comfortable, no 'scene'- perfect to split a bottle of wine & relax with a friend or date over some good food. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great~GreatfoodDined on 5/3/2014We were out of town and I found this online. It was great!!!! The service was wondeful and he made us feel so at home and special! Also, the food was outstanding!!!!!!Special Features:
- Best deal intown?PAGourmandVIPDined on 5/3/20143 courses of very nice food for $14.50 is hard to beat in San Francisco, especially food of this quality. Regular prices beyond the Prix fixe are good too. Nice wine list and pleasant atmosphere, altho it gets noisy quickly.Special Features:
- debiVIPDined on 5/2/2014Very good food at an excellent price! We have recommended this to friends and will be back ourselves!Special Features: