Alamo Square Seafood Grill
803 Fillmore St
San Francisco, CA 94117Neighborhood:
Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Alamo Square Seafood Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://alamosquareseafoodgrill.com/
- Phone: 4154402828
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: we cater for pick up or full catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Specializing in serving wonderfully prepared, generous portions of fresh seafood to our San Francisco neighbors and friends for the last 10 years.
We cater with a personalized approach by customizing menus to reflect our customer's own taste.
- Private Party Contact: Andre Larzul 4154402828
- Special Events: valentines dinner menu 3 course $ 40 per person.
A word from Alamo Square Seafood Grill
We specialize in fresh seafood in generous portions. Come and visit us on Wednesday evening when you can "Bring Your Own Wine" and corkage fees are waived. In the last eight years, we have become a neighborhood favorite for a delicious meal at a great price. When Michael Bauer reviewed us he said, "Good seafood value at Alamo Square." and "The owners of Alamo are veterans at offering good food at great value." as well as "Snapper, salmon, tuna, swordfish, and petrale sole are all priced at $13.50 for a generous half-pound portion. Even with nothing else on the plate, it would be a good deal, but when you add the myriad side dishes, it's astounding."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Alamo Square Seafood Grill - Best Restaurants in Civic Center / Hayes Valley / Van Ness ›
Alamo Square Seafood Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (43)romantic (17)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (9)notable wine list (6)good for groups (4)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Remember the AlamoJerryDined on 8/4/2014Just wanted to get away from the tourist traps and have a great neighborhood meal. Alamo delivered. The food, and the service, was great. The waiter paired a perfect bottle of wine with our meal. When were were finished, the waiter volunteered to call a taxi for us. I will definitely be back next time I visit San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at reasonable pricesFoodiepair50sDined on 7/26/2014Had the salad/lump crab cake and salmon. All were tasty and service friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsFillmoeDined on 7/22/2014The format: 4 types of fresh fish 4 sauces 4 cooking methods Diner's choice, mix-and-match We have been returning here for many years for satisfying dinners in a very casual setting. When we arrived about 6:30 pm, the crowd was "boomer" age, and as we left, the tables were filled with younger diners. They only aspect that is a tiny bit negative is that with only two servers, the service is a bit slow, but always courteous. It's always been that way; perhaps it's part of the ambiance. We don't mind and will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Quality, Top Value and parking!zestysfVIPDined on 7/14/2014I live in Pac Heights and hadn't been to Alamo Square in years. It's just great! Before 7 there's a prix fixe meal for $14.95. Yes, you read that correctly. I had a delicious curry zucchini soup, fresh mahi mahi with green peppercorn sauce, tasty rice and an abundance of squash, carrots and brussel sprouts as a main course. The dessert was baked Alaska on creme anglaise with caramel sauce and sliced almonds. Monday night is half price bottle of wine;Tuesday by the glass. I know because it was so good, went there for a business dinner the next night! Same menu, same great service. Most notable = is it's Q-U-I-E-T. I don't review often -- but the place wasn't even half full both nights. Neighbors, it deserves our business.Special Features:
- AlyVVIPDined on 7/11/2014Cozy little spot with delicious food. Good if you love seafood and if you don't the menu has other options. Ability to choose type of fish and preparation and sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phoning in - bad. Great food &staffYummerzDined on 7/11/2014I woulda gave Alamo 5 stars if Open Table or Alamo didnt resched my 7pm reservation. Alamo claimed it was OT that somehow pushed thru the reservation even tho Alamo could not accommadate our larger group. (Alamo had a larger group coming in at 7 apparently). Also it was alotta phone tags/calls to reach a live person @ Alamo to confirm/ hear why my reservation got changed. (I booked about a week ahead too. Oh well :-/) Still i forgave this lil snafu and dined there. I had the poached salmon. Not bad. Def good seafood and Tirimisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieVIPDined on 7/6/2014Great fish prepared perfectly. Nice sides. Very tasty. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good value but –AliceBTVIPDined on 7/5/2014Perhaps this is in the category of "you get what you pay for," but the fish on prix fixe menu special was not very fresh, nor cooked particularly well, tho definitely edible; the vegetables seemed to be leftover from the night before. It's a nice place with decent wine and excellent prices but the kitchen needs a little more attention to detail.Special Features:
- Charming little spotfatkidlovecakeDined on 7/1/2014This is the closest 'special occasion' type restaurant to my home, so I've celebrated many a birthday, going away, and anniversary here. However, with its amazing specials (such as Monday 1/2 off wine glasses, Tuesday 1/2 off wine bottles, and Wednesday free corkage) this place also ends up being just our default 'nice' dinner restaurant. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and remembers you and your usual if you have one. Love this spot.Special Features:
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/28/2014Never been here before - very pleasantly surprised. Food was excellent and reasonably priced. Servers tried hard but were sometimes scattered/easily distracted. Overall a very positive impression & will consider coming back again soon.Special Features:
- SuziDined on 6/27/2014Location is great for cultural center - food is excellentSpecial Features:
- Very nice dinnerAachooDined on 6/27/2014Four of us dined choosing three different Fish main courses. All of the fish was fresh and cooked perfectly to order. Mussles and Frits we tasty too for our appetizer. Dinner was moderately priced and we enjoyed a walk around the Alamo Square neighborhood before dinner. All-in-all it was a nice dinner before our night at the Symphony (Restaurant is only 6 long blocks from Davies Hall).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaryDined on 6/26/2014Always a pleasure to walk through the lovely neighborhood of Victorians and arrive at this comfortable friendly restaurant. The bread is a most...not for the bread but for the tasty basil oil dip that is served with it. It is also great as a dip for the calimari. I ordered the pork special...a generous serving served atop risotto with skinny asparagus on the side. My companion enjoyed his two large crab cakes as well. We enjoy the value for the cost and the pleasure of quiet dining before a Civic Center event..Special Features:
- Just what we were looking forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Charming, scenic location, not pretentious, great food, very friendly service and free parking. We would definetly return if we are lucky enough to visit San Francisco again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAtlTravelerVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is Gem of place. It has a great neighbourhood feel. The food is very good and an outstanding value. They have a number of daily options and about 5 ways sauces to choose from and several preparation options (grilled, blackened etc). And they have excellent wines at reasonable prices (and on Monday night half price to boot) And Ken does a GREAT job making everyone feel at home and welcomed. I make a stop there on almost all my visits to San Francisco.Special Features:
- Best kept secretCareerServerDined on 6/20/2014The perfect out of the way, hidden neighborhood gem. Fresh fish cooked to perfection. Simple, honest and always good. Perfect for a first date, an quiet romantic proposal or an anniversary dinner. Great place for a dinner with your best friend or two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!SandraSDined on 6/14/2014We went to this restaurant because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and it did not disappoint. Great neighborhood gem, inviting ambiance, great service and great food. It is also out of the tourist section of the City and so, you will find a really relaxing atmosphere and you can actually have a nice conversation, while you enjoy your meal. By the time we left, the restaurant was full and the noise level was still manageable. Great Find!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst dinner I've had in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014Awful, inconsistent, inaccurate service, dire quality food, totally poor!
- Neighborhood gemEats4meDined on 6/6/2014Great value and relaxed environment. Delicious fresh food served in a friendly relaxed restaurant. Great value.Special Features:
- Great food on FillmoreUligDined on 6/5/2014We were 3 people for dinner at Alamo Square Seafood. We all ate different fish dishes and they were all very tasty, with fresh ingredients and a very friendly service.Special Features:
- A Neighborhood Gemwes0820Dined on 6/1/2014Had great food, service, and fellowship for two couples. Had the seafood pasta, others had the prix fixe fish (trout), and regular salmon --- all were delicious and well prepared (not overcooked!!). Great value for the pre fixe menu. Only downside is the difficult street parking. Would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialWinksDined on 5/31/2014I have to disagree with many very positive reviews I read before I booked a table at Alamo Square Seafood Grill. It's located in a not very nice part of town. A $14 cab ride from Fisherman's Wharf. The decor was very plain. Our server was nice and attentive. The food was OK but nothing special. I would not go out of my way to eat here again and I would not recommend it as a "must do" SF restaurant.Special Features:
- dsmfDined on 5/10/2014Delicious food at reasonable prices. The pesto dip served with the bread is yummy. We could have just had that and been happy! Very helpful waitstaff even though it was very busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nicelngyrdDined on 5/8/2014The food was very good. My mussel appetizer was giant and really tasty. Server was always right there when you wanted anything, very pleasant and well informed. The Tempranillo is a pleasure. Good wine there. A great dinner and a great price. I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Cozy neighborhood spotDelishVIPDined on 5/6/2014Great, super friendly service, quiet, comfortable, no 'scene'- perfect to split a bottle of wine & relax with a friend or date over some good food. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great~GreatfoodDined on 5/3/2014We were out of town and I found this online. It was great!!!! The service was wondeful and he made us feel so at home and special! Also, the food was outstanding!!!!!!Special Features:
- Best deal intown?PAGourmandVIPDined on 5/3/20143 courses of very nice food for $14.50 is hard to beat in San Francisco, especially food of this quality. Regular prices beyond the Prix fixe are good too. Nice wine list and pleasant atmosphere, altho it gets noisy quickly.Special Features:
- debiVIPDined on 5/2/2014Very good food at an excellent price! We have recommended this to friends and will be back ourselves!Special Features:
- Lovely neighborhood gemMaryDined on 4/25/2014Always looking for pleasant dining before a Civic Center event that doesn't cost a fortune. This restaurant is a good six block walk from tjhe symphony hall but through a lovely neighborhood of stately Victorians. Both fish entrees were excellent, the calimari average. We each had two glasses of tasty sauvignon blanc and the bill was $85. The staff was friendly and informed, the decor pleasant. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 726 reviews are from the Alamo Square Seafood Grill reviews archive.
- Wonderful serviceAtlTravelerVIPDined on 4/21/2014I have been to this restaurant a number of times. I keep coming back. My last visit was this Monday with 4 other friends. And the service that Ken provided was exquisite (friendly, warm, welcoming, prompt, efficient, you name it). Alamo Seafood Grill offers excellent value and very good food. And a wonderful list of reasonably price wines (half price on Monday's)
- Food Matches StaffDougDined on 4/14/2014Staff is excellent, making all feel welcome. Food makes us come back for more great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentDonnieDined on 4/12/2014They did it again. They created a wonderful environment and meal for us to enjoy. This place truly never is a disappointment. I love it here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing SpecialtamaramDined on 3/31/2014We ate at the Alamo Seafood Bar and Grill with a couple of friends. While none of the food was bad, I also wouldn't say anything was outstanding. The ambiance and service were both fine but I think you can find better restaurants in the citySpecial Features:
- reliable place in the neighborhooddavidDined on 3/28/2014the food is good & a good value. Reasonably priced. Service is a bit slow. Atmosphere basic but fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!SylvieVIPDined on 3/23/2014Advertised as before/after opera/show events, it is a long 5-6 blocks from that district and the parking lot. For a restaurant specializing in seafood, the calamari fritti was more batter than calamari and we had to ask for more dipping sauce; the fish was overcooked, and mine was served with a béarnaise that was obviously reheated in the microwave and had the consistency of a pudding rather than a sauce; the owner/chef is very skimpy on all the sauces including the floating islands we had for dessert that should have been floating on English custard that was completely absent. When we asked for some, the waiter brought us the smallest container you have ever seen... Sorry to say that I have nothing to recommend about this place.
- Dining at Alamo Square Seafood GrilDennisVIPDined on 3/21/2014I have been to this restaurant many, many times and always enjoy coming back. I have introduced friends to it who have enjoyed it as much as I. This is a restaurant that does not break the wallet, because it has a great pre fix and well priced good specials. The food is always good and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Only one waitress for entireOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/21/2014Only one waitress for entire restaurant. Wine ordered from list was not the wine brought and opened yet the waitress did not bother to announce the substitution of a different vineyard and year.
- BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014Six of us went for my wife's birthday. Everyone lived the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantCatLadyDined on 3/12/2014We dined here before the ballet mid-week. We were late for our reservation (bad traffic), but were happily accommodated. Service was friendly, and although there is no children's menu, they had a family friendly attitude. The salmon was perfect, seared tuna was cooked nicely. The risotto that came with the tuna was outstanding. Appetizer of calamari was light and tender. The owner and server were very friendly; the owner is charming. We could have used some more refills on the water, but that was the only negative. We will be back if we are in the neighborhood again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had better meals here..livetoeatDined on 3/7/2014They are short-staffed, as evidenced by the "Help Wanted" sign in their window! So,if you ARE short staffed DO NO accept so many diners! We were in for 75 mins It took nearly an hour to get our main course, 15 minutes after seated for H2O and ordering. The head came over and I let him know that we had been there for an hour and were hungry! It would've been NICE to have been given a glass of wine on the house at that point. Many small things were forgotten- water re-filled, extra napkin etcFish was a bit overcooked- we heard the bells from the kitchen indicating ready plates but they were not picked up for at least 5 minutes- they were ours.I love this place when it early and staff is not so busy, so I hate to give a negative review...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.