488 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10024Neighborhood:
Upper West Side
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alachimasala.com/
- Phone: 2128747420
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are prepared to cater your next corporate or family occasion. We can also host a private event by reserving our full dining room.
A word from Alachi Masala
Alachi Masala takes its name from the Alachi (Cardamom), a very small but extremely flavorful spice that has been used for thousands of years. We at Alachi Masala strive to bring you flavorful dishes that embody the best of Indian cuisine while at the same time recognizing that some like it hot and some like it not!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Alachi Masala reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (2)neighborhood gem (2)special occasion (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Wonderful neighborhood restaurant. Good food, and BYOB was a bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Food, Great BYOBellactriciteeDined on 6/12/2014went here for a reunion dinner with 10 other friends, and had a great time! the service was wonderful, very laid-back for manhattan. the fact that you can BYOB and there's no corkage fee is practically unheard of in Manhattan, and very conducive to the occasion and our budgets. the food was not outstanding, but totally solid and came out quickly. highly recommend Alachi Masala for an inexpensive fun group dinner.Special Features:
- The following 16 reviews are from the Alachi Masala reviews archive.
- Wonderful findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/27/2014We were a party of five and all enjoyed our dinner at Alachi Masala. The staff was more than accommodating and the food was excellent. It truly is a neighborhood gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice & BYOBOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2014I love the area that this restaurant is in. Their meat is always tender and juicy and the naan is spectacular. I also love that it is BYOB with no corking fee. It is a cheap, quiet, hidden gem. So much so that I almost don't want to write a review because I would love to keep it all to myself. My girlfriend and I go at least once a month. It is always quiet and the food is always delicious.Special Features:
- Perfectly fineLunchDined on 1/20/2014Restaurant was exactly as expected. Fine local indian food. Nothing great. Nothing bad.
- my neighborhood findksaunDined on 11/30/2013I am new to the neighborhood and simply desired some Indian food. We walked in and simply took a chance even though it wasn't crowded. We came in relatively early and by the time we left, it was packed. The food was good, the waiters were attentive, and no one rushed you out. We came back at a later time and made a reservation since it was a Saturday night. There were larger parties. It's in the neighborhood and I will definitely come here as one of my neighborhood restaurants....good food....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal with friendsgradstudentnannyDined on 11/5/2013Ample seating and quick and friendly Service. Delicious food and a lovely atmosphere, I think I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- BYOB, cheap dinner, prettydandrDined on 9/10/2013We were searching for an indian in the Upper West side and thought we had won a watch with this 'Bring your own booze' number ten blocks from the hotel. We weren't expecting it to be too busy on a tuesday night at 8:30pm, and it was, as expected, very quiet. The lighting was ambient, and we made a romantic night of it, but the staff were very quiet, pleasant, but not as friendly as the other reviews had suggested. the food wasn't what we expected. it was very reasonably priced but the portions were very small. We over-ordered, a sharing starter and three curries to share. However the food wasn't particularly warm, there wasn't enough rice and two out of three curries were pretty bland and generally not great. BYOB good idea. Has potential.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2013Great food and selections. Service wasn't lacking but could have been a little more upbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2013All on one floor, very quiet so that conversation is possible, very good and some interesting items that I've not seen elsewhere.Special Features:
- Love it!BenrlVIPDined on 2/18/2013Tandoori dishes served sizzling! One thing to keep in mind- it's strictly BYOB.Special Features:
- Amazing food, ambiance andEthanDined on 1/26/2013Amazing food, ambiance and very affordable. Everyone was extremely friendly as well. Perfect dining experience.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! Had an awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012Great restaurant! Had an awesome time and they were very attentive to our table. Plus, they didn't automatically add gratuity to our large group. Very classy.Special Features:
- No reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2012When we arrived they had no reservation for us. They appeared to not even take reservations online as the host was using a handwritten notebook. We waited for 30 mins after being told it would only be a few, so we just left. Not impressed.
- Indian delightChesterDined on 7/4/2012I think this is one of the best Indian restaurants I've been to. Excellent food. We will be back!Special Features:
- Good stuffDennisVIPDined on 5/10/2012Good food in a nice environment. They give a choice of spice level no matter which dish you order, provide good service, and the food is above average for Indian in New York. It's not going to blow anyone away, but a good deal for the price.Special Features:
- Namaste... You cannot go wrong...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/18/2012Interesting Menu, good was excellent. No bar so bring your own booze. No cork charge. Highly recommend the Tandori mixed grill, combination platters ( had the fish and it was delicious), desert the first one on the desert menu. Enjoy and you certainly would be impressed. Great find on the upper west side. Would definately go again. Namaste! XoVSpecial Features:
- Decent BYOB Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/15/2012A good BYOB Indian restaurant. The food is good but nothing out of the ordinary. The big draw is the BYOB policy for thrifty diners.