60 Halstead Avenue
Harrison, NY 10523Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.makeitaldente.com/
- Phone: 914-835-2535
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Monday Dinner only
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Delfino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: What’s your next event? Life is full of them. From the celebratory and momentous to the casual and understated, they’re the moments we remember; the times we savor; the experiences that stand out. Business or pleasure, they demand the right ingredients, the right environment… and a touch of something special. At Al Dente Italian Trattoria, that’s always understood. Whether your event is once a quarter, once a year, or once in a lifetime, at Al Dente Italian Trattoria we always exceed your expectations.
A word from Al Dente
The passion in our food comes from the passion in our chefs. Our food is prepared lovingly with only the freshest of ingredients, authentic recipes and pride. Al Dente Italian Trattoria is the one dining experience that has all the right ingredients, where everything comes together for the perfect and memorable meal served family style or one dish at a time. For lunch or dinner, whether you are celebrating one of life's momentous occasions or just feel like enjoying a home-cooked meal, Al Dente is the one dining experience that has all the right ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Al Dente reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very good dining experienceBobGDined on 8/17/2013Al Dente is a local restaurant that offers good food at moderate prices. The owner Anthony and his staff always welcome their guests and service is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/29/2013The service was friendly but the food was average. Ordered a "Homemade" Grilled Pizza from the menu and we were all positive (all four of us) that it was a pre-made, frozen pizza. That was very disappointing. Our meals were ok, but nothing noteworthy ... 2 orders of gnocchi, chicken parm and the Chicken Alex were ok.
- Good food and wineMariaDined on 4/27/2013I love the food and dessert that I had at the restaurant. I had no complaints and was very pleased.Special Features:
- FRIENDLY SERVICE AND AMBIENCE.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013FRIENDLY SERVICE AND AMBIENCE. DECORATIONS WERE OUT OF DATE BUT THE STAFF DID THEIR BEST TO MAKE AN ENJOYABLE EVENING. FOOD ON THE WHOLE WAS VERY GOOD.
- This was out first time eatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013This was out first time eating here. The service And food was excellent the chef and waiter both were very accommodating To our requests. I definitely will be back and will recommend Al Dente To family and friends.Special Features:
- Delicious food although serviceJayTDined on 12/26/2012Delicious food although service could have been a bit better!Special Features:
- Is Maitre d your mother-in-lawOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/8/2012Maitre d said she had no record of our opentable reservation. She was an old, curmudgeon that seemed to think we were trying to pull a fast one on her. She might as well have had a rock in front her, rather than a computer. We were the first people there as it opened and after getting special permission, she was able to squeeze us into her nearly empty restaurant. The rest of the meal was fine; the appetizers were good, the meal was average and the wait staff good.
- Food was fine but this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/17/2012Food was fine but this restaurant doesn't have any character. we will not go back
- Fantastic restaurant, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2012Fantastic restaurant, the stuffed eggplant appetizer is a must try.Special Features:
- Better than the ReviewsrontVIPDined on 9/28/2012Don't pay attention to the bad reviews. The food, service and ambiance was more than adequate. We were treated nicely and the food was good and the service excellent. Try it for yourself.Special Features:
- We really liked the food andhollyVIPDined on 8/17/2012We really liked the food and service but the place seemed old and worn out. Prices seemed high for this decor.
- I find Al Dente to be consistentlyspg1102Dined on 8/8/2012I find Al Dente to be consistently good. It offers a welcoming neighborhood atmosphere with a very quiet noise level which is very refreshing since most other restaurants tend to be very loud. The service is good, food very good.Special Features:
- Interesting experience. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2012Interesting experience. We went again because the first time, apart from the terrible noise, it was not bad; this time was a bit disappointing. When we arrived the waiter told us that we had 40 minutes to eat (we arrived 10' ahead of time). The olive oil we got was not extra virgin. The waiter also told us that the pasta on the regular menu is not homemade - the other time I got the gnocchi, sold for home made, but they did not look like so, so he simply confirmed me in my opinion.
- Overpriced and mundane. ArugulaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2012Overpriced and mundane. Arugula salad (I think $7.50)... a few greens and a small tomato with almost no dressing, come on. We spent 90.00 (with tip) (for two) for a meal that was forgotten as soon as we left. Good music though.
- chef/owner is very personableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/7/2012chef/owner is very personable and pleasant....greets dinersSpecial Features:
- Overall the food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2012Overall the food was good but the service was somewhat slow. They did have a big party going on so to be fair maybe things would have been different if there wasn't a party on top of the regular diners. It just seemed that sometimes our waiter got "lost".Special Features:
- Each member of our group hadCooperDined on 2/11/2012Each member of our group had a really delicious meal - so often when dining out one person has mediocre food but at Al Dente we were all very satisfied. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Love the updated menu, varietyAspoVIPDined on 12/20/2011Love the updated menu, variety of selections and specials. The food was great.Special Features:
- Went for lunch. Took a longOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/15/2011Went for lunch. Took a long time for food to come out, but everything seemed fresh and cooked to order. Tasted great!Special Features:
- I won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/4/2011Food was mediocre. Service was at times good then waiter disappeared for a while! Had weird Elvis impersonator during dinner so the group had trouble talking with each other at the table. I would not go back not worth time or money.
- Food was very good...portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Food was very good...portions about right...everything was fresh..red sauce could be a touch lighter but better than most....
- Food and service was great..TheyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/25/2011Food and service was great..They were very accommodating when we asked to move to a quieter table as there was a birthday celebration going on...Special Features:
- Nice restaurant. Service asOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2010Nice restaurant. Service as excelent and the staff warm. Our main courses were very good and we had a wide variety. The stuffed mushrooms appetizer was a bit watery and the clams average. The calamari looked and smelled great....next time. We sat just outside the bar and it was a little noisy but fine and nothing like many restaurants today. We will go back. Overall very good experience.
- Great service with outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/30/2010Great service with outstanding selection of daily specials . Food presentation was awesome, the chef came out three times to check on our small group.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/18/2010The food was excellent as well as the service. The ambiance was nice and clean, but nothing special or remarkable. The weakest point would be parking availability, I actualy had to park more than a block away in the streets on a rainy night, but I guess there's nothing you can do about it (perhaps valet parking?). We were a party of seven and we were all amazed by the food quality. Great experience, and it was my 56th. b'day. Thank you!Special Features:
- Food was very good, serviceliketoeatVIPDined on 11/18/2009Food was very good, service also good. Local restaurant with interesting menu. Reaonable prices. Would eat there again.Special Features:
- Good food, nice atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2009Good food, nice atmosphere, a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Food was great, service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2009Food was great, service was excellent and the evening we were there we even had live entertainment. It was a totally enjoyable experience.Special Features: