136 Heber Ave
Park City, UT 84060Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://aldenteparkcity.com/
- Phone: 4352000260
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Al Dente
Classic Italian eatery. Homemade traditional Italian cuisine, in a casual family friendly environment. Our expert chosen wine list accompanies our elegant new bar and lounge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Al Dente reviews from OpenTable diners
- Party of 4 adults and oneOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Party of 4 adults and one child. Food was good but not outstanding. Calamari fritte was slightly under done, lamb was very good, trout good, sea bass very good, pizza looked good. Chocolate cake was dense, tiramisu was good. Waiter was ok, but no real personality, water was kept filled by bus person even when we stayed and chatted for a while. Have had better meals and service there in the past.Special Features:
- Decent Italian place off of Main StE2Av8torDined on 3/22/2013We had dinner at Al Dente on a Friday evening with a 7:30 PM reservation. We were surprised that in the middle of spring break (we are Park City locals) only a few tables were filled. The location off of main street may make it more difficult for the tourists to find it. They have some passable wines by the glass, at least on the red side. The bread was served warm, and it came with delicious bulb of roasted garlic. We split a bowl of the butternut squash soup, which was excellent. My wife had the penne bolognese, and I had the spaghetti & meatballs. Both were quite good, but not outstanding. We both like extra parmesean and the tiny amount offered was not enough for us. We did not have dessert. The bill was a reasonable $65.
- Not a good experience, theOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/2/2013Not a good experience, the service was really bad and the so called bartender/ waiter could not make a drink if his life depended on it! It was like they went to a frat house to hire the staff, none of them had a clue how to run a restaurant. The food was nothing to write home about, we where a group of four and everyone thought it was ok. The wine list was lacking , not a good wine selection at all.
- Overpriced frozen food inside mallOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2013I guess there was a reason they were the only place in town that could accommodate our large party at the last minute. The service started out good, but since we were in a large group the gratuity was already included and the waiter quickly turned sour and rude. My friend asked for espresso at the end of the meal and he flat out said no. The food was horrible. You can tell its mostly frozen and then re warmed. It's ridiculously over priced. Te pizza is like what you get from a junior high cafeteria. The mussels had no flavor and were chewy. The bread on the bruschetta was stale. The meatballs were mealy and the tomatoe sauce tasted like came from a can. Overall it was the most expensive meal no body ate. Thank God they had good wine!!!
- Pick a different spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/19/2013Located just off Main Street in Park City in a new indoor mall setting, we should have left as soon as we saw the place but it being a holiday weekend, our options were limited. The menu seemed ok but the food was less than mediocre and in a great food town such as Park City, it totally missed the mark. Wine list was missing all but one of it's wines, they found one in the basement for us that wasn't even listed, which was a decent attempt to try to satisfy us. Overall it was very disappointing.
- There are better places to go in PCOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/19/2013Staff was great. Food wasn't very good. I had the mushroom bruschetta that didn't have a trace of truffle oil (which it was supposed to). Penne puttanesca was not good. Duck ravioli was not good either. No trace of duck to be found and very chewy.
- The food was very good. NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/4/2013The food was very good. Nice wine list. But watching the backside of the elevator was not a scenic view.
- Everyone enjoyed their dishes!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Everyone enjoyed their dishes! The meatball appetizer and calamari were super! The main course was very good, the pasta w/meat sauce was flavorful, but a little dry. The trout was a hit! The lasagna was super and we even brought a piece home! One couple split their dishes and the kitchen was nice enough to pre-split it for them. The waiter was friendly but not as attentive as he could have been, and it was not very busy. It took a while to get our check too. One ambiance note- they had the front door open and there was a very bright light in the hall that shown into the dining area which was distracting to the overall experience. We all agreed we would come back! NOTE: Parking on the weekend is TOUGH, take a taxi!!!
- We had a large group and aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/1/2013We had a large group and a couple of wrong orders. Understandable, though the restaurant wasn't full, just a bit understaffed. Food and wine were good.Special Features:
- Excellent calamari, and troutlaceyVIPDined on 2/1/2013Excellent calamari, and trout great spaghetti all around a great place easy parking excellentSpecial Features:
- The sea bass and trout werelaceyVIPDined on 1/25/2013The sea bass and trout were amazing the children had wonderful pizza and the lasagna was excellent we had calamari, meatballs and soup for starters and all were great best service on Main Street Lennox and Philbert are outstanding and great fun tiramisu and sorbet and the wonderful chocolate cake finished with a grand flourish thanks again to everyone at Al DenteSpecial Features:
- Al Dente was absolutely incredible!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/5/2013Al Dente was absolutely incredible! Due to the lack of reviews online I was hesitant but we ended up going for my sister's birthday last week and were entirely blown away. Within the group we ordered five appetizers, two pizzas, and 5 different entrees; all were excellent. The house made mozzarella was fantastic, I personally loved the mushroom bruschetta appetizer, and the trout was delicious. Their gelato, flourless cake, and tiramasu were wonderful as well. Highly recommended. I honestly enjoyed it more than Grappa which is probably $20 more per dish as well, and whose sister restaurant is one of my favorites in Park City.Special Features:
- The food was fabulous andHodgeDined on 1/3/2013The food was fabulous and our waiter was superb!! Our whole family loved it!! We will definitely recommend this gem to visitors of Park City/Deer Valley!!
- Terrible experience -- many reasonsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012We had a terrible experience. We arrived at an empty restaurant, the hostess hastled us about not being able to find our reservation. Although it was written on the first line on a piece of paper with all reservations. She then proceeded to take us to table in the corner where the lights were not turned on. we told her the table was not acceptable. She offered a table next to the dark corner and never turned on the lights. The rest of the restaurant had great ambiance with vacant seating. I do not know why they would seat anyone here, it is part of the walkway in the strip mall. The food was amazing!! The waiter took my remaining food to box it up and one of the 6 wait staff that helped our table, threw away my food!!!
- Al Dente has Park City pricingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2012Al Dente has Park City pricing - but delivers on the dining experience. Great, attentive service, romantic atmosphere, great food. Highly recommend the burrata appetizer and the sea bass. Both were DIVINE!!Couldn't stop talking about it. Avoid the Caesar salad if you don't enjoy cutting your own salad greens. Tiramisu and veal lasagna were both tasty but the sea bass and burrata were the highlights of the night. Try Al Dente at least once - doubt you'll be disappointed.Special Features:
- Good ambience and nice serviceSteveHVIPDined on 12/29/2012Good ambience and nice service but food nothing amazing
- Service staff always readypaddyobieVIPDined on 12/22/2012Service staff always ready to provide excellent service with a personal touch!
- Food and service were justOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/13/2012Food and service were just OK. Roasted garlic that comes with the bread was delicious.Special Features:
- As the name indicates theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/7/2012As the name indicates the pasta was cooked broadly correctly rather than the overcooked sloppy mess so common in the USA. However my clams were rather rubbery -though the accompanying mussels were good- and the filling of the duck confit ravioli didn't taste of much. All told about average and perhaps a bit expensive for the good quality we got.
- Not your run-of-the-mill ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012Not your run-of-the-mill Italian dining. Each dish was exceptional in thought and preparation. Our server was attentive and helpful, while not obtrusive or pushy in suggesting additional items. A very memorable and pleasurable experience, and the equal of dining in major cities at first-class establishmentsSpecial Features:
- Food was delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/25/2012Food was delicious and the service was attentive and fun.Special Features:
- Great Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Lennox was a delight to have as a server. Atmosphere was relaxing and great for a special date (with my lovely wife!). The food selection was good and nicely presented. Really, everything was excellent, which I cannot usually say for a restaurant experience. The option of bringing your own wine , with free corkage, is a definite plus.Special Features:
- I arrived ar 5:30 so the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/4/2012I arrived ar 5:30 so the restaurant was empty. I had a wonderful dinner. It would be a very romantic place to have dinner. They need outdoor dining desperately for Park City. The service was outstanding and highly professional.Special Features:
- Not what I thought it would be!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2012After hearing such great things about Al Dente, I must admit I was very disappointed. Lennox was a good waiter, very personable. But the food was the negative. The Clam and mussel appetizer was quite chintzy for $14, and neither item was very tender. The fettucine with chicken and pesto was very good. But the sausage entree was just okay, and there were many "goobers" in each piece. Free corkage was a plus...
- Not much flavor in the pasta..goodfoodDined on 8/4/2012Not much flavor in the pasta.. the piece of chicken was extremely small.
- Fantastic dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012Fantastic dining experience. The food was incredible and the service even surpassed the taste. We had the lasagna and chicken fettuccine, both were delicious. don't leave without trying the chocolate cake, too good to describe. Next time we have to enjoy the toasted banana gelato.Special Features:
- The Italian sausage with mustard/coPDCarolynVIPDined on 7/10/2012The Italian sausage with mustard/cognac sauce is terrific!! All the food is good and the waitstaff is knowlegable and friendy. Nice addition to the Park City dining scene.Special Features:
- the menu at this retaurantMerceDined on 7/8/2012the menu at this retaurant is great. I have been here 3 times and all 3 times my dish was terrific. the trout, sea bass livornese, and sausage dishes are original in their combinations of flavors.Special Features:
- This place is a find in aOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/7/2012This place is a find in a very expensive, mediocre food town. The food was exquisite and moderately priced. Don't miss the duck confit ravioli with roasted mushrooms, toasted pine nuts in a sage, truffle butter sauce. We would go back again just to be entertained by our fabulous waiter, Lennox.Special Features:
- Food unbelievableNPalmaDined on 7/6/2012The service was impeccable. The server's personality was fun, professional and engaging without being disruptive. My Husband had their pizza and thoroughly enjoyed it. Thin and crispy - nice! I had the Sea Bass and it was simply perfection. Sea Bass is one of my favorites and I have it often. This was prepared flawlessly. Thoroughly enjoyed our experience.Special Features:
- Classy place, good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2012The food was good, made fresh and everything I tasted was flavorful. For an appetizer we ordered Burrata and it was nothing above average,but was good. The main dish I ordered was the seafood pasta (Linguine Alla Diavola)dish and to be honest was good, but the Veal Picatta dish that my friend ordered came out and I was a little envious, left me wishing I had ordered that. My husband had the Chicken Pesto Fettuccine and that was quite flavorful. The Tiramisu was above average for certain, this is my favorite dessert and it was quite superb. The restaurant is well decorated and quite a romantic setting, it is located in a strange area, hard to find, but a great gem of a place once you find it. The service was great too, very friendly!Special Features:
- We had a good dinner and thewendellVIPDined on 7/5/2012We had a good dinner and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Very nice experience. OurmcbsDined on 6/22/2012Very nice experience. Our waiter was entertaining and efficient. Food was above average ... Very good raviolis and veal. We would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Try the soup!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012The service was excellent. The wild mushroom soup was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Absolutely amazing. The entres were very good - not exceptional -but very good. Quiet, elegant, dining room.Special Features:
- We asked for a quiet tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/5/2012We asked for a quiet table and got one; it wasn't a problem because they were not busy at all. 15 minutes after starting our meal, they sat a table of six right next to us with teeagers and a special-needs child who needed to have his loud video game on during the meal. There were plenty of other 6-tops they could have been seated at further away from us. Neither the server nor the bartender know anything about wine -- which I expect -- but then they shouldn't just make wild guesses as recommendations. The food was mediocre at best, which means it will probably do just fine for most of today's indiscriminate diners.
- It was our first dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012It was our first dining experience there on Saturday, May 12th. My wife and I really enjoyed it. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- We have been meaning to tryGeneVIPDined on 4/18/2012We have been meaning to try it, why did we wait so long!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointed withippeteDined on 3/19/2012Somewhat disappointed with the food. For the price it should have been better. Not that the food was bad, certainly not, it's just that it was not great. In addition, the service while attentive and friendly was also not up to the price being charged. For example, one of the cocktail orders was incorrectly made with the wrong spirit. When this was pointed out, the drink was quickly replaced but it still should not have happened. Little things like that made for only a so so night. Probably won't rush back.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012We enjoyed our dinner at al dente however the service left much to be desired. We were escorted to a table for 2 off in a corner that felt separated from the rest of the restaurant. Our server was nice however made multiple mistakes. I ordered lasagna but received spaghetti. Although the server offered to replace it for the item I ordered, I agreed to keep the spaghetti. After dinner, I requested to take home the rest of my spaghetti but the server never brought it back. She had thrown it out. The server then credited us for the spaghetti. We ordered coffee and cream with our dessert-- the creamer was forgotten. Overall, although the food was good, it would not be enough for us to return to al dente
- Great ambiance. Cheerful energeticOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/4/2012Great ambiance. Cheerful energetic server who prepared terrific cocktails. Unfortunately the food was rather bland and the Alfredo dish awful. Chicken tasted burned not blackened and the sauce was thin and hard to find. Too bad would like to see a new venture make it in a town that already has a multitude of top notch restaurantsSpecial Features: