Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino
350 Trolley Line Blvd
Mashantucket, CT 06338Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.foxwoods.com/
- Phone: 8003699663
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Southern
- Executive Chef: Edward Allen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Check Foxwoods.com for some great upcoming shows.
- Special Events: Chef's Table once a month. Join us for a five course journey paired with wine.
A word from Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino
Italian cuisine is a very passionate cuisine that prides itself on cultivating the freshest ingredients to shine through. Our goal at Al Dente is to provide you with that passion and freshness along with excellent, knowledgeable service, from a menu that brings our own unique preparations to some of Italy's classic dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)romantic (39)fit for foodies (25)notable wine list (17)good for groups (15)late-night find (5)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Birthday dinneraudtwitchDined on 10/25/2014Brought my boyfriend here to celebrate his birthday. We enjoyed three courses, a bottle of wine and a delicious dessert with a candle. Our server Nancy was fantastic! Thank you so much. It was a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyLeeDined on 10/24/2014Was disappointed Open Table had to send me a note saying I had not been there. We made a reservation, but was not too pleased with the greeting when we arrived. Hostess didn't seem to care much.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnergrandma3Dined on 10/23/2014This was our first visit to Al Dente. It was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere was lovely with nice soft music playing. The waitress, Stephanie, was very attentive and knowledgeable of the menu. The food was wonderful and came out hot. Very nice wine list. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Amazing Food and Great AtmosphereAmyLCDined on 10/18/2014You certainly get what you pay for here - the food is absolutely outstanding - and the service is what is expected of that price range, nothing short of excellent. We had a great time, enjoyed some great ambiance and some amazing food and I would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great spot before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014We arrived at 645pm to give us enough time to eat/drink/relax before a 9pm comedy show at FOX. The food was delicious,--I had shrimp with corn risotto and my husband had scallops over pasta. Our server Kevin was knowledgeable and made the dinner very enjoyable. We were done by 815 so after a delicious chocolate martini dessert. It was a bit pricey but not as much as the other restaurants at Fox woods. With a bottle of wine, a shared dessert and shared salad it was $122 before tip. The only thing I didn't like was the heavy chairs--being a short person I felt a bit uncomfortable with a deep, low seat, and my seat kept getting hit by people walking by.-the room was a bit crowdedI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014We had the best time ever at for Foxwood Casino. Aldente's was one of many stops we made that weekend. The food, service and staff were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexBVIPDined on 10/11/2014Solid Italian at Foxwoods. More upscale of the two Italians at the Foxwood Resort complex. Good food but nothing exceptional.
- Wonderful meal!Bella1973Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent refined food, great friendly service, BIG portions, very classic chic ambiance. Would go back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice anniversaryLoveitalianfoodDined on 10/8/2014The hubby and I had a wonderful time. they have a two for seventy five deal. Plus we bought a bottle of wine on the side $36. A little expensive. But still reasonable for that special occasion. They also made a special features and wrote happy anniversary on a chocolate bar above our desserts. My hubby had the ricotta pie he didnt care for too much and I had the three layer chocolate mousse. It was divine!The service was impeccable! Overall we enjoyed ourselves besides some noisy neighbor's and little priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Dinner for our 8-year old.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Al Dente is my daughter's favorite restaurant. She has impeccable taste at her age!! There was a party of 6 of us. The Caesar salads were perfect, as were the appetizers, entrees, and wine. EVERYONE at the table was thrilled with all aspects of their meal. The server was attentive, pleasant, and courteous. When we arrived for our reservation, the hostess was very pleasant. I mentioned that it was my daughter's birthday. She then alerted our server to bring my daughter a special birthday dessert, which was a total surprise! It was the perfect dining experience for all of us. We dine out often, and this is one of our (few) favorites....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinner!luv2dineoutDined on 10/4/2014Had a wonderful anniversary dinner here last Saturday night. We were brought to a table that sat directly under a light that made us feel like we were sitting under a spotlight. We asked to move and were accommodated. Lighting is definitely off in the restaurant. That is my only complaint! From a mozzarella appetizer to our main course of fillet and lobster and veal chop we had no complaints at all. Our server had been employed there for 22 years and was awesome! We highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014We are never disappointed when we choose to dine at Al Dante's. The food is always outstanding as well as the selection of food. Somehow you need to save room for desert because you will not be disappointed. Looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarioDined on 9/25/2014Dinner at Al Dente was very good - both food and service. Also surprised to see that wine is half price on Thursdays.Special Features:
- rainbowDined on 9/18/2014Dinner was excellent! Wait staff was attentive and helpful in making choices. One of my favorites at Foxwoods!!Special Features:
- Disppointed EntreedonnastoneDined on 9/10/2014My meal was excellent. My husband's "Ribeye was not up to expectations that we would expect from Al Dente "Cut was Tough" . We told our waiter about the entree. He said would pass it to the Manager & the chef. We were disappointed that neither one approached to us, since there were only 7 or 8 tables in the restaurant. Thank You.Special Features:
- Great food/Poor serviceFoxwoodsDined on 9/7/2014The only reason I gave 2 stars on the service was due to the pleasant server who filled our water glasses and greeted us. The food was exceptional but our server was rude, not attentive and had a miserable attitude. I work in the service industry and I can understand having an off day but your job is to put that aside and take care of your customers. T.I.P.S. (To insure proper service). My wife and I still tipped 20% but we were extremely disappointed in the service. Great food though!Special Features:
- Mostly wonderfulMmj2Dined on 8/31/2014I took my wife here for her birthday. She ordered scallops wrapped in bacon with risotto. Both the scallops and risotto were excellent, and yet the portion of bacon used to wrap the scallop was scant, and there were only three scallops for a meal that cost in the $40 range. I had the rib-eye steak, which was was flavorful but a bit fatty and somewhat overcooked (medium when medium-rare was ordered). The waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and relaxed. He kindly informed us of a half-priced bottle of wine when we asked about that general type of wine, for example. To sum it up, the food was mostly excellent, there should be more than three scallops in a $40 dinner, and let them know if you are in a hurry because things can move very slowly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casino GemCityeatsDined on 8/30/2014The service was impeccable. The menu had something for everyone and the specials were even better. Making a selection was a tough decision, so I guess we'll have to go back so I can try the others.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I was a little worried because I read reviews that were not kind. My experience was excellent. Food was delicious and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner, but not what was reqstRSBDinerDined on 8/22/2014Food was good, Service was good, seating was poor based on the reservation done way in advance for a very special event.
- 5 star everythingJayRDined on 8/13/2014The food is delicious, even the regular Italian pastas, and with creative specials so you keep finding new favorites. Service is gracious, friendly, never intrusive. If you love Italian, Al Dente will not disappoint. On the pricey side, but not out of line with the other upscale resort restaurants. Just wish it was open every day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is much better than serviceJepchampDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I were seated and waited a very long time for the waiter to come over; we told the very nice bus boy that nobody had come to our table. Our waiter was at a table for 6, who came in after we did, but apparently he knew them and was chatting. He did show up and apologize (after the busboy spoke to him). He ended up bringing my husband the wrong entree and implied that this was what my husband had ordered. Went back and then admitted he'd grabbed the wrong plate from the kitchen. We again had to wait a long time to get the check. The food is good, but I wouldn't call it great. With better service, it would have been a much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful Time!BobbyDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary quietly at Al Dente. We were greeted by a welcoming matradee and hostess. As we were being lead to our seats, we were asked if it was a special occasion and when we confirmed it was, we were seated in one of the two corner half round booths. We already felt special. Our waiter, Gary, was quick to visit and from then on, it was one delight after another. The food was delicious, and we were able to improvise and adjust our dinner request. It was all highlighted by an extraordinary Chianti and a great surprise after dinner. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Would love to eat there everydayWalter915Dined on 8/9/2014Great service from the host down to the entire waiter staff. Best risotto I have ever had and I eat at a lot if Italian restaurants in NYC where I live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLO-SLOBenDoverDined on 8/7/2014SLOW MAKE THAT VERY SLOW SERVICE. FOOD IS OK NOTHING GREAT
- Excellent food and atmosphereBobbiDined on 8/7/2014I have been to Al Dente on many occasions and this time was no different. As with all Foxwoods restaurants, the service was excellent. All of the food was wonderful. Between the group of us we had everything from risotto to veal, all delicious. I will return again.Special Features:
- Delicious and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My friends and I had a lovely dinner at the restaurant. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The food was delicious. The mixed drinks were strong. The restaurant was dimly lit and quiet. Ambience would be nice for a romantic dinner for two as well. Not a great place if you are a loud and rowdy group. Did not have to wait long for anything. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedk2p1965VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a reservation because we were going to a show at Foxwoods and figured you can't go wrong with Italian, I guess I was wrong. Food was only fair (would much rather go to Federal Hill or North End, better food and cheaper). Our Server took our drink order, we ordered dinner when he dropped off the drinks and I said I would like to order a glass of wine when our dinner arrived but we never saw him again until 5-10 minutes or so after we finished eating he came over to see if we wanted dessert (several empty tables in our area so not a crazy, packed night). Too bad as we probably would have each had another drink with dinner and stayed for coffee and dessert if the service was better. I'm sure there are better places at Foxwoods to eat.Special Features:
- Best Italian at FoxwoodsMcdonowilVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good food and service with a great menu. Several gluten free menu items a So.
- Small portionsAlanDined on 7/27/2014The restaurant food was delicious. Presentation, service, was great until plates arrived. Found the potion size way too small for the prices on this menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette Party DinnerAmySDined on 7/26/2014We ate dinner here for my best friend's bachelorette party. We had reservations for 7 people at 7 PM on a Saturday night and were sat shortly after that. We were a little bit secluded from the main dining area which was nice as it was pretty packed and we had our own little area. Our waiter was helpful but a little hard to find at times. Our dinners also took a long time to come out, but the food was hot and DELICIOUS. I had also called earlier in the week to arrange a special dessert to be brought out to the bride-to-be. I pulled our waiter aside to remind him and he knew nothing about it but was happy to accommodate my request. The prices were very reasonable and the food was great. Overall, it was a great pick for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Gluten-Free Options!gf502Dined on 7/25/2014The gluten-free chicken and broccoli with garlic cream sauce was delicious. One of the best gluten-free pasta dishes I've had. Will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is the point of a reservation?DougDined on 7/19/2014Very disappointing return to Al Dente, where clearly the staff has been cut down to bone minimum. We arrived for our 7:45 reservation only to sit in a hallway for over 30 minutes before we were sat in a half empty dining room. My friend and I reviewed the menu and sat and sat and sat. Finally we were acknowledged by our waiter. Informed they were out of several menu items, of which we had both selected. Its so disappointing to watch service just fade away all over Foxwoods, including a long time staple Al Dente.
- Great Italian foodMilpitasDined on 7/16/2014We were very glad we tried this, despite being a bit skeptical about a casino-hotel restaurant. Service was exquisite, food was terrific. Atmosphere is very old school - perfect lighting (not too dark, not too light), Sinatra and Tony Bennett songs in the background. Good wine list, reasonably priced for up-scale dining.Special Features:
- Italian restaruantBsullyDined on 7/13/2014Nice atmosphere, good italian food selection. I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!jessiicayDined on 7/12/2014We were looking for a place at Foxwoods that was not too expensive and I'm so glad we ended up here! The price was right and the food is great. They were able to accommodate our larger party of 6 with very short notice. Also, the bread is seriously the best.Special Features:
- Acceptable diningLeighDined on 7/12/2014My daughter and I went out for dinner. I needed to have gluten free cuisine. The menu only mentions gluten free pasta, but I was informed there may be other dishes they could make. I had veal marsala with mashed potatoes and broccolini. It wasn't bad. It would have been nice to talk to the chef.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mid-Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I were lucky enough to get a couple of nights off unexpectedly mid-week. We decided to spend 2 night at Foxwoods and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Al Dente. Our server (a big Yankee fan like us!) and the manager were simply wonderful. They made us feel as if we were having dinner at the home of a friend. The food, wine and company were fantastic!! We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Good restaurantrock7627Dined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed the evening very much. Thet made a dish that was not on the menu for my wife and she loved it.Special Features:
- Definition of UpscaleKTTTDined on 7/4/2014Great Food - Great Drinks and WIne list - nothing disappointed. Everything we ordered from Appetizer to main courses were all that we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.