Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino
39 Norwich Westerly Road
Ledyard, CT 06339Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.foxwoods.com/
- Phone: 8003699663x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Southern
- Executive Chef: Edward Allen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Check Foxwoods.com for some great upcoming shows.
- Special Events: Chef's Table once a month. Join us for a five course journey paired with wine.
A word from Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino
Italian cuisine is a very passionate cuisine that prides itself on cultivating the freshest ingredients to shine through. Our goal at Al Dente is to provide you with that passion and freshness along with excellent, knowledgeable service, from a menu that brings our own unique preparations to some of Italy's classic dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino - Best Restaurants in Foxwoods ›
Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (37)romantic (32)fit for foodies (18)notable wine list (17)good for groups (11)late-night find (8)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014I was a little worried because I read reviews that were not kind. My experience was excellent. Food was delicious and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner, but not what was reqstRSBDinerDined on 8/22/2014Food was good, Service was good, seating was poor based on the reservation done way in advance for a very special event.
- 5 star everythingJayRDined on 8/13/2014The food is delicious, even the regular Italian pastas, and with creative specials so you keep finding new favorites. Service is gracious, friendly, never intrusive. If you love Italian, Al Dente will not disappoint. On the pricey side, but not out of line with the other upscale resort restaurants. Just wish it was open every day of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is much better than serviceJepchampDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I were seated and waited a very long time for the waiter to come over; we told the very nice bus boy that nobody had come to our table. Our waiter was at a table for 6, who came in after we did, but apparently he knew them and was chatting. He did show up and apologize (after the busboy spoke to him). He ended up bringing my husband the wrong entree and implied that this was what my husband had ordered. Went back and then admitted he'd grabbed the wrong plate from the kitchen. We again had to wait a long time to get the check. The food is good, but I wouldn't call it great. With better service, it would have been a much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Wonderful Time!BobbyDined on 8/10/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary quietly at Al Dente. We were greeted by a welcoming matradee and hostess. As we were being lead to our seats, we were asked if it was a special occasion and when we confirmed it was, we were seated in one of the two corner half round booths. We already felt special. Our waiter, Gary, was quick to visit and from then on, it was one delight after another. The food was delicious, and we were able to improvise and adjust our dinner request. It was all highlighted by an extraordinary Chianti and a great surprise after dinner. I can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Would love to eat there everydayWalter915Dined on 8/9/2014Great service from the host down to the entire waiter staff. Best risotto I have ever had and I eat at a lot if Italian restaurants in NYC where I live.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLO-SLOBenDoverDined on 8/7/2014SLOW MAKE THAT VERY SLOW SERVICE. FOOD IS OK NOTHING GREAT
- Excellent food and atmosphereBobbiDined on 8/7/2014I have been to Al Dente on many occasions and this time was no different. As with all Foxwoods restaurants, the service was excellent. All of the food was wonderful. Between the group of us we had everything from risotto to veal, all delicious. I will return again.Special Features:
- Delicious and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014My friends and I had a lovely dinner at the restaurant. We had reservations and were seated immediately. The food was delicious. The mixed drinks were strong. The restaurant was dimly lit and quiet. Ambience would be nice for a romantic dinner for two as well. Not a great place if you are a loud and rowdy group. Did not have to wait long for anything. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedk2p1965VIPDined on 8/2/2014We had a reservation because we were going to a show at Foxwoods and figured you can't go wrong with Italian, I guess I was wrong. Food was only fair (would much rather go to Federal Hill or North End, better food and cheaper). Our Server took our drink order, we ordered dinner when he dropped off the drinks and I said I would like to order a glass of wine when our dinner arrived but we never saw him again until 5-10 minutes or so after we finished eating he came over to see if we wanted dessert (several empty tables in our area so not a crazy, packed night). Too bad as we probably would have each had another drink with dinner and stayed for coffee and dessert if the service was better. I'm sure there are better places at Foxwoods to eat.Special Features:
- Best Italian at FoxwoodsMcdonowilVIPDined on 7/31/2014Good food and service with a great menu. Several gluten free menu items a So.
- Small portionsAlanDined on 7/27/2014The restaurant food was delicious. Presentation, service, was great until plates arrived. Found the potion size way too small for the prices on this menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bachelorette Party DinnerAmySDined on 7/26/2014We ate dinner here for my best friend's bachelorette party. We had reservations for 7 people at 7 PM on a Saturday night and were sat shortly after that. We were a little bit secluded from the main dining area which was nice as it was pretty packed and we had our own little area. Our waiter was helpful but a little hard to find at times. Our dinners also took a long time to come out, but the food was hot and DELICIOUS. I had also called earlier in the week to arrange a special dessert to be brought out to the bride-to-be. I pulled our waiter aside to remind him and he knew nothing about it but was happy to accommodate my request. The prices were very reasonable and the food was great. Overall, it was a great pick for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Gluten-Free Options!gf502Dined on 7/25/2014The gluten-free chicken and broccoli with garlic cream sauce was delicious. One of the best gluten-free pasta dishes I've had. Will definitely be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is the point of a reservation?DougDined on 7/19/2014Very disappointing return to Al Dente, where clearly the staff has been cut down to bone minimum. We arrived for our 7:45 reservation only to sit in a hallway for over 30 minutes before we were sat in a half empty dining room. My friend and I reviewed the menu and sat and sat and sat. Finally we were acknowledged by our waiter. Informed they were out of several menu items, of which we had both selected. Its so disappointing to watch service just fade away all over Foxwoods, including a long time staple Al Dente.
- Great Italian foodMilpitasDined on 7/16/2014We were very glad we tried this, despite being a bit skeptical about a casino-hotel restaurant. Service was exquisite, food was terrific. Atmosphere is very old school - perfect lighting (not too dark, not too light), Sinatra and Tony Bennett songs in the background. Good wine list, reasonably priced for up-scale dining.Special Features:
- Italian restaruantBsullyDined on 7/13/2014Nice atmosphere, good italian food selection. I would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!jessiicayDined on 7/12/2014We were looking for a place at Foxwoods that was not too expensive and I'm so glad we ended up here! The price was right and the food is great. They were able to accommodate our larger party of 6 with very short notice. Also, the bread is seriously the best.Special Features:
- Acceptable diningLeighDined on 7/12/2014My daughter and I went out for dinner. I needed to have gluten free cuisine. The menu only mentions gluten free pasta, but I was informed there may be other dishes they could make. I had veal marsala with mashed potatoes and broccolini. It wasn't bad. It would have been nice to talk to the chef.Special Features:
- Fantastic Mid-Week DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2014My husband and I were lucky enough to get a couple of nights off unexpectedly mid-week. We decided to spend 2 night at Foxwoods and enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Al Dente. Our server (a big Yankee fan like us!) and the manager were simply wonderful. They made us feel as if we were having dinner at the home of a friend. The food, wine and company were fantastic!! We will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Good restaurantrock7627Dined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed the evening very much. Thet made a dish that was not on the menu for my wife and she loved it.Special Features:
- Definition of UpscaleKTTTDined on 7/4/2014Great Food - Great Drinks and WIne list - nothing disappointed. Everything we ordered from Appetizer to main courses were all that we expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerteresaVIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a nice dinner. The service was beyond outstanding. It was personable and responsive. I will repeat next time I am at Foxwoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDuoDined on 7/2/2014Disappointed with Al Dente. Long wait for wait staff following being seated even though restaurant was relatively empty. Long wait for second drink order. Wife's dinner was over-cooked and sent back with her second dinner arriving when I was almost finished. My salmon was the evening's special even though I ordered the menu version...but I did not point that out for fear that our meal would never end! A poor comparison to David Burke Prime next store which we ate at the night before which was fantastic.
- Disappointingbps145Dined on 6/29/2014We are group of 4 looking for a nice dinner before a concert. While I understand the restaurant was crowded, it took a very long time for our food to arrive and the waitress was no where to be seen. When the food arrived, two of the entrees were cold and the third, salmon was raw. Only one of the entrees was up to par. On a positive note the manager was very accomodating. He apologized and took care of the meal.
- A Surprise FindluvtoeatVIPDined on 6/22/2014This was our first time dining at Al Dente. I am happy to report the food was excellent, the service was terrific and the brunch was also very good. When I booked the restaurant, I was skeptical, but after trying their eggplant, the brunch and the their bread...we will be back! Great food! Choose this restaurant when at Foxwoods for Italian food.Special Features:
- MaryannLuv2dineDined on 6/19/2014We were there on a Thursday night. Didn't need a reservation as it was pretty quiet at the casino. Food was very good and they had a special 1/2 off any bottle of wine. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- shrimp n salmon specialCocoSmoothjDined on 6/13/2014Enjoyed it thoroughly. Great portion. A little slow on the service side. In addition, I requested a special bday dessert and it was not addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- korKoryDined on 6/1/2014I'd and service was excellent. Cant wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful birthday dinnerMickeyDined on 5/31/2014I was very pleased w the service at Al Dente. They were very accommodating. Initially we had reservations for 6 and it expanded to 8, but it was no issue at all - thankfully because the food was amazing and I would have been upset to have no been able to dine there for my birthday. Their martinis are delicious! And the servers were all presentable and professional, even though we were rowdy. Great place to have a nice dinner w friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMichDined on 5/25/2014Staff was exceptional food was great! Best place to celebrate something special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best Italian Restaurant in TownccubedDined on 5/23/2014We really enjoyed our visit again to Al Dente. We make it a point to visit at least once each time we visit Foxwoods. We enjoy the ambiance, the wait staff and the overall feeling of family there. The menu is always great and generous. If one wants a nice Italian restaurant in a nostalgic setting this is the one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies & gentlemen- not really hipfoodisloveDined on 5/14/2014This is probably good for an over priced ladies lunch, or maybe the over 65 set. I may have not ordered correctly, but this menu doesn't fit my preferences. The salmon was over cooked for my taste, but the greens beneath them were very nice. With David Burke right next store, I would always choose that if available.Special Features:
- Fine experienceMarciGVIPDined on 5/14/2014Every year I have to come to Foxwoods for an industry trade show. The highlight of my trip is to dine at CraftSteak, but much to our dismay, we found out it had closed. On a whim and based on good reviews, we decided to try Al Dente. We were very pleasantly surprised. I can't say that the meal was "memorable," but the service was excellent, they were extremely accommodating and the food was very good. I would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- al dente is excellentevanessaDined on 5/10/2014Really enjoyed our dinner at Al Dente. The appetizers, pasta fagioli was good, not great, there was an odd taste that I did not recognize and it did not add anything good to the soup. The Caesar salad was one of the best ever. Ribeye steak was cooked just perfectly. had the special Cavatelli dish. Delicious! Tossed with braised veal, asparagus, peas and a mushroom ragu with mascarpone. So very good. The cappucino was very good and the coffee gelato and lemon sorbetto were both good pleasing desserts. The waiter and his helper were very nice and attentive. Thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Al Dente - Foxwoods Resort Casino reviews archive.
- Dining with friendsnavymomDined on 4/17/2014Have eaten at Al Dente quite a few times. I have never been disappointed. The staff is courteous and prompt. Food is very good. Will go again.Special Features:
- Nice quiet restaurant at the casinoGabby9945Dined on 10/6/2013Al Dente is a great Italian restaurant at the casino. The food is always solid and I think the portions are very large for the price you pay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was an such a great time,HappyDined on 8/24/2013Was an such a great time, great food, service, and the manager really went above and beyond! Thank you for making our day special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/18/2013The food is excellent and the service is fantastic! They will accommodate all of your Italian needs!! Never have had a bad experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice Taste Of Italy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013The food was delicious as always, from appetizers to desserts. I will deinitely be back soon.Special Features: