319 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
LebanesePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.bustanny.com/
- Phone: 2127595933
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
- Executive Chef: Elias Ghafary
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Al Bustan's food may be delivered to your home or office. Our catering team will assist you in the preparation of tailor-made menus for private parties.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant is available for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: Elias Ghafary 2127595933
- Entertainment: Saturday Nights 11pm - 3am at Al Bustan. Live entertainment, Belly Dancer,Hookah and Drink Specials. Prix fixe menu: Mezze of assorted appetizers, Main Coarse, and Dessert $45 Per Person.
A word from Al Bustan
Savory Lebanese cuisine served in a sophisticated atmosphere that captures the essence of Beirut's past as the Paris of the Middle EastContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Al Bustan reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (11)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (4)romantic (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Authentic, high-end Lebanese. While it's a pretty formal looking dining room, service is very personable and friendly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDined on 8/19/2014Long time customer. Food usually good but service getting worse. Price rise recently significantSpecial Features:
- Food loverJopplinDined on 8/16/2014The best Libanese restaurant in NYC. I have know this place for many years and they keep the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Al BustanJoanieDined on 8/8/2014We had a nice pre-theater dinner at Al Bustan. Lots of vegetarian dishes to choose from which was important to us. Looking forward to eating at Al Bustan again next time we are in NY.Special Features:
- RichRichzVIPDined on 8/7/2014Terrible service. We were completely forgotten after some food came. Water and drinks never came. At one point the lights went on bright for no good reason. Avoid. Go to Naya, Byblos or Ilili instead. If you're looking for traditional Lebanese, Byblos is much better.
- UnderwhelmedLulubearDined on 8/4/2014Saw quite a few good reviews about this place so decided to take my friend and her parents who are visiting NY to dine at Al Bustan. The restaurant was spacious and clean inside. However, food was quite average and bland (salt please!!!). Service: had an older genetlemen who waited the table. He mentioned that one of the appetizers only came in 4 while there were 6 of us. I asked if he could give us 6 and we will pay for the difference. He agreed, but it came back with 4 still. As he got busier throughout the night, we had trouble getting a hold of him. Esepcially after check was handed to us (with tip automatically applied), we could no longer find him, and waited for 40 minutes before we could get out of there.
- Authentic Lebanese food!Jms942Dined on 7/24/2014Beautiful atmosphere, good service and excellent food. Fresh and authentic. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/4/2014Excellent babaganoush and lentil appetizers and chicken kebab and minced chicken marinated in vinegar were very tasty. Knafeh is a Lebanese desert hard to find done well and theirs is one of the best versions I've tasted in NYC. Waiters are friendly and efficient. Prices are a little high but fair as portions are good and the restaurant is well-appointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for large partiesyambartsumianDined on 6/22/2014Al-Bustan was able to accomodate our large party of 10 (and later 12) on short notice. The family style eating was perfect, though I found the waiter's suggestions on quantity of food to be a little too overbearing. (To his displeasure, I didn't order nearly as many portions as he had recommended - and yet we still had a lot of food that was left uneaten). We ordered a variety of hot and cold appetizers, the perfectly seasoned mixed grille, and rack of lamb. My very discerning father later commented that this was the best lamb he has ever eaten at a restaurant in the U.S. My mother loved the rice. And all of the guests were very happy with the food and overall experience. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Found AgainMighty1Dined on 6/19/2014Years ago used to go to this restaurant but then it appeared that they were out of business. Was delighted to discover that they had merely moved to their present location. The food remains terrific. I especially enjoy the variety of appetizers including the Makanek (small lamb sausages).Special Features:
- Excellent lebanese foodMarticaVIPDined on 6/15/2014The dandelion greens are great, everything good, not greasy. Great for VEGANS! Great house Lebanese wine.Special Features:
- Horrible food, bad serviceDawnApproachDined on 6/14/2014Food was served cold. All our grilled items were over done. Service was just horrible (non existent). Took my family from out of town here - big mistake. Music was so loud we could barely hear each other talk. Would never come back.
- Fantastic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014All of the food was prepared and presented to perfection! This restaurant was recommended to me by three different people and they were all right- it is one of the very best Middle Eastern restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 244 reviews are from the Al Bustan reviews archive.
- Great Food in midtownNikiVIPDined on 5/10/2014Al Bustan is one of the best middle eastern restaurants in the city. A beautiful space with thoughtful service lets you enjoy the delicious food even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like going home againDennisDined on 4/20/2014We were early for our reservation and before the rest of our party the Owner came to greet us and took us to our table. There was no waiting to be seated before the rest of the party arrived - a pet peeve of mine. The ambiance was elegant and comfortable. The food was excellent and reminded me of Mom's home cooked meals, especially the Kibbeh Nayeh, Hummus and Grilled Lamb. Mom would have loved it. Even our one vegetarian enjoyed her selection. The vegetables were fresh and cooked to perfection. All in all it made made our Easter dinner special. We will definitely back and perhaps order ahead for the roasted baby lamb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife is LebaneseYummytaco2VIPDined on 4/5/2014This place is as close to home cooking for her as anywhere else in the USA. Staff are very attentive and the atmosphere is very nice. Arak (liquor) was amazing. She had Samaki Hara (fish dish) that almost made her cry ...thinking of mom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/25/2014Dined on a Tuesday night. Everything was well done and well managed. Food was tasty and drinks were also well made.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy we came to Al BustanRHKenjoysfoodDined on 2/27/2014My colleague and I were in the city for business and wanted something a little different. Read the reviews which seemed positive. Walked in to see several large groups of bankers enjoying the food. Met Alias the owner / executive chef and asked him to take care of us. He was terrific and the food was even better. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit disappointingLizaNPDined on 2/22/2014We went to Al Bustan for a special occasion dinner and were disappointed in the food which was just uninteresting. We expected exciting flavors and exotic combinations, and what we got was just boring and not too good, not to mention overpriced. There are, however, a number of vegetarian selections. The service was fine. The restaurant is gorgeous and beautifully appointed which raised our expectations for a terrific meal, but, alas, we were disapponted.
- Another wonderful meal at Al-BustanLCMKVIPDined on 2/20/2014We had the prix fixe luncheon which is such a great deal......5 delicious starters, choice of entree, and great desserts. The food is really superb....I had the Shish Taouk and it was so tender, moist and well-seasoned. The starters were excellent and the desserts, too. One of my favorite places for lunch as its so quiet, and fun for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flavors and authenticity ofjchark2002Dined on 2/15/2014flavors and authenticity of food was excellent! Fresh, properly timed and blended-- enjoyed very much! Staff was warm and inviting - -- had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- This is not a big complaintJiyonVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is not a big complaint but here it is. We went for Valentine's day, having no idea that there was an obligatory 75/pp prix fixe going on. The food was fine for what it was but could have been better, perhaps with more choices. The price is good for those who like alcohol; that didn't apply to us. We might still go another time for regular prices but I'm a little bummed about not having been informed ahead of time that the prix fixe was "no choice."
- Delicious Lebanese lunchgeorgesVDined on 2/14/2014Excellent value for $19 lunch special, however, $4 for a cup of coffee (not included with lunch) is overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lebanese foodLebaneseVIPDined on 2/7/2014A little bit more expensive than your average lebanese food restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and deliciousAllegraDined on 1/19/2014We had only dairy items, all delicious. From a cheese sembusac, to labne, falafel, and salads, all was fresh and tasty. NOTE: with a 1.5Hr notice they accommodated our 23 people group! That was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!MariemiliaDined on 12/31/2013Best Lebanese cuisine in NY. The place is nice and the service was great. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE PartyLailaDined on 12/31/2013Wonderful spot for NYE. Great atmosphere, food and ambiance. Servers we extremely inattentive; this may be because gratuity was already included in the prefix menu. I went hours without a refill for my water and had to get out of my seat several times to flag down a server i.e. wine refill etc. This was very off putting as the bill was over $400 for just two people. Also, hookah was advertised but they only had a few pipes so most guests couldn't get one. Belly dancer was advertised as well but didn't come out until nearly 1AM and only lasted a short while. There was only one dancer (intermediate skill) and no live instrumentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic LebaneseLebbieDined on 12/30/2013I have been enjoying Lebanese food for years and am qualified to say that the Kibbeh Nayeh was just as good as my mother in law's, which is quite a complement. Staff was very attentive and happily brought out some spices for the table to enhance our dishes. Will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth seeking outJillAnnYVIPDined on 12/27/2013Al Bustan is a wonderful Middle Eastern restaurant in the East 50s, just off of 2nd Avenue. It goes a bit unnoticed since it's off the avenue, but it's a gem of a place that's worth finding. The food is authentic and delicious, the atmosphere is elegant and the service is attentive but not overbearing. I have eaten here several times now and always walk away thinking that I'll never be able to eat again. There's a great variety of dishes and I just can't seem restrain myself from trying a little of everything.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceNatalieDined on 12/25/2013The food is excellent and the ambiance is very relaxing. Would recommend to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weird dishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/22/2013Weird dishes--too specialized to, I guess a diet of the country of origin---??
- Great Lebanese Foodbon556Dined on 12/21/2013Atmosphere was great, very relaxing. We got stuck in traffic and they held the reservation. Food was terrific. Highly recommend the lamb with yogurt sauce. Prices are reasonable. Staff very friendly. Would return to eat again. Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Careful about the lounge thoughOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/20/2013Food was wonderful; the kind of place you want to go with a group too so you can try everything... but be careful if they have an event in the lounge downstairs... noise was over the top!Special Features:
- The food was good, but theannyVIPDined on 12/19/2013The food was good, but the service not so much. We had to wait for 25 minutes to get water. and it seemed we did not have just one server dedicated to the table. whoever was passing by was taking our order or filling our water cups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lebanese FoodDCdinerDined on 12/7/2013We were recently in NYC and my Lebanese husband wanted some authentic Lebanese food. Al Bustan surpassed all of our expectations! Food and service were excellent. We felt like we were dining at one of the best Lebanese restaurants back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catch up w/ friendsWilliamWallace53Dined on 12/7/2013This is a great place to catch up with friends. The decor is refined and sleek but to the point of stuffiness. There is an open bar area downstairs that is used for private parties and it can get quite loud for diners upstairs, but it is not a huge problem. You get a lot of food. Some dishes may not seem like a lot, but they are quite filling. Other dishes seem like double portions. The food was cooked very well. My girlfriend, who does not like Lebanese food, enjoyed her dish. My only complaint, and minor at that, is that the yogurt sauce is watery and not very original. Convenient location from the 6 or the E. I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMESAIFDined on 12/6/2013MY WIFE AND I LOVED THIS RESTAURANT . WE HAVE BEEN THERE TWICE SO FAR AND WE CELEBRATED HER BIRTHDAY THERE. LAST WEEK FOOD IS AWESOME WITH GREAT PORTIONS .THEIR SALADS ARE SO DELICIOUS . THE STAFF IS JUST AMAZING...IT'S WORTH THE MONEY YOU PAY..MUST GOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was welcomed by name uponPhilDined on 12/4/2013Was welcomed by name upon entering front door. Fabulous Authentic Lebanese food. Attentive service with extremely prompt food from kitchen. Cannot wait to dine with them again. Already recommended to colleagues today.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we always enjoy dining atOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/3/2013we always enjoy dining at Al Bustan. The middle-eastern food is excellent and the restaurant, elegantly appointed, is quiet enough to enjoy not just the food, but good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Falafel in NYOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/24/2013This is a restaurant that I have been to many times, and the food is always great, one of my favorite dishes is Falafel, I have tried Falfel at many restaurants and carts all over NY and Al Bustan hands down is the best, and everything they serve is very high quality, try their Arabic tea, it's really good if you are a tea drinker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.