4217 Oak Lawn
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albiernats.com/
- Phone: 2142192201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Miguel Cauich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customized off-site catering. Contact Manager Eddie Althaus at 214-219-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your event.
• Wedding Receptions & Showers
• Holiday Parties
• Social Gatherings
• Office Parties
• Bat & Bar Mitzvahs
A word from Al Biernats
Al Biernat's is much more than a great steakhouse. Incredible seafood such as Australian cold water lobster tails and six different types of fresh fish await you daily. If you are a wine lover, the award winning list offers over 650 rare selections. come see why Al Biernat's is one of the best restaurants in the country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Al Biernats - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Al Biernats reviews from OpenTable diners
448 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (317)fit for foodies (199)hot spot (171)romantic (150)notable wine list (150)vibrant bar scene (145)neighborhood gem (125)good for groups (115)great for lunch (85)great for brunch (65)late-night find (25)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Great food, great wine, great service. There was plenty of food, the steaks were cooked perfect. Wonderful place for to take the special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014If dining there again, I would request an outdoor table or one of the booths against the walls. It was almost impossible to carry on a conversation because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Overpriced, loud, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We did not enjoy our experience. We spent $100+ per person for a meal that would have been tastier and more pleasant at Texas Land and Cattle or Outback! The steak was tough, the dessert was not good and the service was downright strange with the bussers taking away bread plates when the salad came out, not refilling soft drinks and not even asking if we wanted another cocktail. It seems that all the waitstaff wanted was to turn the table.
- Top of The HeapFoodhoundDined on 9/26/2014After arriving on Time @6:30 we were seated immediately. Debbie, our Server saw my wife pointing out the Salmon appetizer to me & said to Me, "She has already picked my favorite appetizer. The rest of the Meal was "top Shelf." The Filet is our benchmark. My Haddock was also enjoyed by both of us. We will request Debbie when we return as She was attentive & we felt like we made a new Friend during our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Great steaks and oysters Actually all food there is greatSpecial Features:
- pippinDined on 9/25/2014Food and service great- the noise level was the only draw back- very noisy and that was a distraction from what was otherwise a fine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remodeled not reinstatedDiningdelightVIPDined on 9/25/2014Al's is still a nice restaurant but the charm of the waitstaff has given way to turning tables and the food ranged from superb in shrimp to mediocre in crab appetizers. It seems the update to add more room and tables has given up the outstanding food and service it was known for in the past. The highly recommended off-list, expensive bottle of wine was more like table wine than an exceptional bottle. We anticipated a great evening but it was ok at best.Special Features:
- YumYumVIPDined on 9/23/2014Everyone had a great meal. The ahi poke was a great starter, the calamari was good, and folks were mixed on the duck/rabbit sausage. All of the steaks were cooked right on target, the fish dishes were ok, and the chicken picata was only fair at best, a bit too creamy. The server was fantastic and they brought out cake for one of our group who was having a birthday.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCHHEMIDined on 9/21/2014Al's is always great! I have been going there since it opened and the consistency is amazing. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- Near perfect !diceclineDined on 9/21/2014I took my soon to be fiancée there for her first time there, and it was a delight ! I recommended my favorite dish to her (sea bass and lobster risotto), and she just loved it ! I had the veal, which was excellent. The only thing wrong was that the waiter, who was personable, friendly and helpful, forgot our crab cake appetizers, but we asked for them anyway, and they complemented the meal well ! All's well that ends well, yes ? We will be back, maybe when I propose !Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysbmlshieldDined on 9/20/2014Best steak in Dallas. Our go-to special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Best we've ever had!LuvgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014I has the strip steak my wife had the sea bass and they were both delicious. Would recommend this gem to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Food!MSternDined on 9/20/2014The food is outstanding! The crab cakes are some of the best I've had and the Sea Bass with Lobster Risotto is to die for! I do have to mention that the main dining area is noisy (Pretty Loud!). I Highly recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not how it used to beDallasdinnerdinerDined on 9/19/2014While the food at Al's is still delicious (my Caesar salad had mozzarella on it instead of Parmesan, so that was a problem), it has lost a lot of it's fine tuning. Plates were slammed down at the table in haste, serving spoons didn't come with the sides and we repeatedly had to ask, entree plates had beef juice splattered and dried on the edges and my wine glass was filthy. I love Al's but it has lost a lot of it's charm while trying to churn out hundreds of dishes a night. Our server comped us a tiramisu (which was very bitter and heavy, not moist and fluffy as it should be making us think it was old). Makes me sad as al is a terrific marketer & charismatic leader of one of Dallas' long running successful restaurant. I miss the old Al's.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding serviceteslaDined on 9/18/2014I was in a mood for a great steak. Our server Joe, recommended the special, a ribeye that was part Kobe. It was delicious, flavorful and tender. A mixed green salad starter and a coconut cream pie ending. Life doesn't get much better. Joe, our server was very professional yet warm and friendly. He's very good at his job. Al Biernat's is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Luv2eatDined on 9/14/2014Delicious food- came on a recommendation from a friend- next time in the area we will definetly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing BirthdayFishermanCraigDined on 9/14/2014First filet was dry and tough. Waitress offered to redo. I told her I would rather eat with my family. 10 min. later she brought another anyway. It wasnt as tough but still dry, no sear, and closer to med-rare than medium. We had large gaps between visits from our waitress. I do give her kudos for bringing me another steak. Pros: good cocktails and halibut was tasty. Cons: bread and butter cold (have to ask to be warmed); filet dry; daughters steak closer to well done than med-well ordered and "crusty"; lobster bisque had no lobster in it. The risotto on the menu at same price had lobster in it; the mini beef Wellington was doughy; customers who were obviously regulars got quicker service. Meal not worth the $250 plus tip we paid.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTablePlatinumMemberVIPDined on 9/13/2014We where ignored for at least 10 minutes when we sat down. I finally flagged down a waiter to get a menu and water. Our waiter just walked away in the middle of telling us the specials. Two of the three expensive meals where room tempeture and none of the food was very good. It was a very disappointing evening.Special Features:
- 35yrsMarriedBlissDined on 9/13/2014Loved everything about it! Prime Rib and Filet both melted in your mouth. Can't go wrong with the wedge salad. My favorite was the mushroom risotto! Our favorite place to go for a special event! Wine selection awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but LOUDCJSherrillDined on 9/12/2014Food: 10. Service: 10. Atmosphere: 3. The food was delicious but the cacophonous environment necessitated shouted conversation. Most likely will not go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Party!JohnDined on 9/11/2014This was my second visit to Al Biernat's. My company had our Christmas party here last year and I wanted to go back for my birthday. Everything was great. Our server's, bartender, and the dessert was perfect. This place has an unique atmosphere and not phony ambiance so many places have these days. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ConsistencyDallasFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food from beginning to end. Dirty Martini Perfection!. It's great to know that after all these years their quality has never been less than Perfect. Always expect greatness and I'm never disappointed! Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundlahfoodieDined on 9/6/2014we had been to AB's a year ago on a visit to Dallas and didn't hesitate to repeat the experience. as usual over-ordered. we split the main courses but ordered too many sides. everything was quite amazing.Special Features:
- Always great!davida425VIPDined on 9/6/2014We always look forward to our birthday, anniversary, etc. celebrations here!Special Features:
- Great findfoodloversDined on 9/6/2014I was drawn to the restaurant because of the proximity to where we were staying. The service started the moment we arrived. The wait staff was pleasant and the food was excellent. Anxious to visit there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but entertaining 9/5/14 830pmSteakhoundDined on 9/5/2014Food was great service was spot on the noise level is high. The room kind of makes the noise reverberate with its size, you almost feel like your in a competion to be louder than the table next to you. Will be back would recommend just realize it's not a quite place, it is alive and vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As Always!Top10VIPDined on 9/5/2014Every dish, from the tempura shrimp, to the entrees were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Best prime rib and and Mac n Cheese I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience!DakotaDinesDined on 9/4/2014Al Biernats provides an excellent dining experience. Amazing food, superb wine list, great atmosphere and top-notch service! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favorityrkshaddixDined on 9/2/2014every time I return to Al Biernat's, I am reminded why it is one of my favorite places in Dallas. The food is superb, the service is impeccable, and the atmosphere is upbeat. This time I veered from the filet and was pleasantly surprised, but I never go without the mac-n-cheese.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014I would have rated the restaurant higher if the service was better. When we were seated we got our drinks and bread quickly but waited a good 30 minutes before any waiter came by. I almost got up to ask for the manager. This should never happen to a "high-calibur" restaurant. Very disappointing!! Otherwise the food was good but I've been to better steak restaurants.Special Features:
- Not What I expectedDraneCityDined on 8/29/2014Entering the restaurant is not clear and requires guests to make their way through a loud crowd at the bar, just to get to the hosts, to state that you have reservations. The noise level is loud as you are sitting moderately close to your neighbors. I noticed more large groups than romantic couples here. I found the service was excellent, food was good and the wine selection was huge.Special Features:
- Good food, too crowded and loud.DallasdinerDined on 8/29/2014Food was good at restaurant week price, but would expect more if paying full price. Service was good but the place was packed full and very loud!Special Features:
- Loved it!skinnyfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Everything from the food, service and ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy RestaurantZiggy12Dined on 8/28/2014From the excellent & friendly service to the outstanding food, specializing in steaks, Al Biernets continually hits all the notes. I look forward to my next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Service but too noisyRlpplanotxDined on 8/28/2014We loved the food and for restaurant week were impressed with the number of choices they provided. The service was very good as well but for a restaurant of this price point I expect them to cushion the noise. It was over the top noisy! My husband and I couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling across the table and had to lean over our dinner to hear one another.
- FoodieJanesthingsVIPDined on 8/28/2014We went for restaurant week lunch and everything was great. The menu items were great and a wonderful representation of their normal lunch menu. The food was fresh and perfectly cooked. This establishment deserves the rave reviews it gets. I have eaten here for lunch previously, and they treated us just as well this time even though we were eating off if the special menu. Thus will be our restaurant of choice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014While Al Biernats has a great reputation, our experience this Restaurant Week would not encourage us to return any time soon. Their menue was poor compared to other top restaurants. While my filet was cooked as ordered, the sauce was too heavy and ruined the taste of the filet.Special Features:
- LoudMoorrDined on 8/27/2014No place to sit and enjoy meal. Over the top loud.
- do not go during restaurant weekRKSSVIPDined on 8/27/2014too frenzied- steqqks came out not the way they were ordered- ice was put in glasses that were ordered without ice- reaturant week blew them out- bec service is usually pristine!