4217 Oak Lawn
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albiernats.com/
- Phone: 2142192201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Miguel Cauich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customized off-site catering. Contact Manager Eddie Althaus at 214-219-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your event.
• Wedding Receptions & Showers
• Holiday Parties
• Social Gatherings
• Office Parties
• Bat & Bar Mitzvahs
A word from Al Biernats
Al Biernat's is much more than a great steakhouse. Incredible seafood such as Australian cold water lobster tails and six different types of fresh fish await you daily. If you are a wine lover, the award winning list offers over 650 rare selections. come see why Al Biernat's is one of the best restaurants in the country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Al Biernats - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Al Biernats reviews from OpenTable diners
448 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (317)fit for foodies (197)hot spot (167)notable wine list (155)romantic (152)vibrant bar scene (138)neighborhood gem (126)good for groups (116)great for lunch (85)great for brunch (64)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (11)Show More
- Not how it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014While the food at Al's is still delicious (my Caesar salad had mozzarella on it instead of Parmesan, so that was a problem), it has lost a lot of it's fine tuning. Plates were slammed down at the table in haste, serving spoons didn't come with the sides and we repeatedly had to ask, entree plates had beef juice splattered and dried on the edges and my wine glass was filthy. I love Al's but it has lost a lot of it's charm while trying to churn out hundreds of dishes a night. Our server comped us a tiramisu (which was very bitter and heavy, not moist and fluffy as it should be making us think it was old). Makes me sad as al is a terrific marketer & charismatic leader of one of Dallas' long running successful restaurant. I miss the old Al's.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding serviceteslaDined on 9/18/2014I was in a mood for a great steak. Our server Joe, recommended the special, a ribeye that was part Kobe. It was delicious, flavorful and tender. A mixed green salad starter and a coconut cream pie ending. Life doesn't get much better. Joe, our server was very professional yet warm and friendly. He's very good at his job. Al Biernat's is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Luv2eatDined on 9/14/2014Delicious food- came on a recommendation from a friend- next time in the area we will definetly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014First filet was dry and tough. Waitress offered to redo. I told her I would rather eat with my family. 10 min. later she brought another anyway. It wasnt as tough but still dry, no sear, and closer to med-rare than medium. We had large gaps between visits from our waitress. I do give her kudos for bringing me another steak. Pros: good cocktails and halibut was tasty. Cons: bread and butter cold (have to ask to be warmed); filet dry; daughters steak closer to well done than med-well ordered and "crusty"; lobster bisque had no lobster in it. The risotto on the menu at same price had lobster in it; the mini beef Wellington was doughy; customers who were obviously regulars got quicker service. Meal not worth the $250 plus tip we paid.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTablePlatinumMemberVIPDined on 9/13/2014We where ignored for at least 10 minutes when we sat down. I finally flagged down a waiter to get a menu and water. Our waiter just walked away in the middle of telling us the specials. Two of the three expensive meals where room tempeture and none of the food was very good. It was a very disappointing evening.Special Features:
- 35yrsMarriedBlissDined on 9/13/2014Loved everything about it! Prime Rib and Filet both melted in your mouth. Can't go wrong with the wedge salad. My favorite was the mushroom risotto! Our favorite place to go for a special event! Wine selection awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but LOUDCJSherrillDined on 9/12/2014Food: 10. Service: 10. Atmosphere: 3. The food was delicious but the cacophonous environment necessitated shouted conversation. Most likely will not go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Party!JohnDined on 9/11/2014This was my second visit to Al Biernat's. My company had our Christmas party here last year and I wanted to go back for my birthday. Everything was great. Our server's, bartender, and the dessert was perfect. This place has an unique atmosphere and not phony ambiance so many places have these days. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ConsistencyDallasFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food from beginning to end. Dirty Martini Perfection!. It's great to know that after all these years their quality has never been less than Perfect. Always expect greatness and I'm never disappointed! Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundlahfoodieDined on 9/6/2014we had been to AB's a year ago on a visit to Dallas and didn't hesitate to repeat the experience. as usual over-ordered. we split the main courses but ordered too many sides. everything was quite amazing.Special Features:
- Always great!davida425VIPDined on 9/6/2014We always look forward to our birthday, anniversary, etc. celebrations here!Special Features:
- Great findfoodloversDined on 9/6/2014I was drawn to the restaurant because of the proximity to where we were staying. The service started the moment we arrived. The wait staff was pleasant and the food was excellent. Anxious to visit there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but entertaining 9/5/14 830pmSteakhoundDined on 9/5/2014Food was great service was spot on the noise level is high. The room kind of makes the noise reverberate with its size, you almost feel like your in a competion to be louder than the table next to you. Will be back would recommend just realize it's not a quite place, it is alive and vibrant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic As Always!Top10VIPDined on 9/5/2014Every dish, from the tempura shrimp, to the entrees were fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always so good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Best prime rib and and Mac n Cheese I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experience!DakotaDinesDined on 9/4/2014Al Biernats provides an excellent dining experience. Amazing food, superb wine list, great atmosphere and top-notch service! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a favorityrkshaddixDined on 9/2/2014every time I return to Al Biernat's, I am reminded why it is one of my favorite places in Dallas. The food is superb, the service is impeccable, and the atmosphere is upbeat. This time I veered from the filet and was pleasantly surprised, but I never go without the mac-n-cheese.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014I would have rated the restaurant higher if the service was better. When we were seated we got our drinks and bread quickly but waited a good 30 minutes before any waiter came by. I almost got up to ask for the manager. This should never happen to a "high-calibur" restaurant. Very disappointing!! Otherwise the food was good but I've been to better steak restaurants.Special Features:
- Not What I expectedDraneCityDined on 8/29/2014Entering the restaurant is not clear and requires guests to make their way through a loud crowd at the bar, just to get to the hosts, to state that you have reservations. The noise level is loud as you are sitting moderately close to your neighbors. I noticed more large groups than romantic couples here. I found the service was excellent, food was good and the wine selection was huge.Special Features:
- Good food, too crowded and loud.DallasdinerDined on 8/29/2014Food was good at restaurant week price, but would expect more if paying full price. Service was good but the place was packed full and very loud!Special Features:
- Loved it!skinnyfoodieDined on 8/29/2014Everything from the food, service and ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy RestaurantZiggy12Dined on 8/28/2014From the excellent & friendly service to the outstanding food, specializing in steaks, Al Biernets continually hits all the notes. I look forward to my next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/Service but too noisyRlpplanotxDined on 8/28/2014We loved the food and for restaurant week were impressed with the number of choices they provided. The service was very good as well but for a restaurant of this price point I expect them to cushion the noise. It was over the top noisy! My husband and I couldn't carry on a conversation without yelling across the table and had to lean over our dinner to hear one another.
- FoodieJanesthingsVIPDined on 8/28/2014We went for restaurant week lunch and everything was great. The menu items were great and a wonderful representation of their normal lunch menu. The food was fresh and perfectly cooked. This establishment deserves the rave reviews it gets. I have eaten here for lunch previously, and they treated us just as well this time even though we were eating off if the special menu. Thus will be our restaurant of choice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/27/2014While Al Biernats has a great reputation, our experience this Restaurant Week would not encourage us to return any time soon. Their menue was poor compared to other top restaurants. While my filet was cooked as ordered, the sauce was too heavy and ruined the taste of the filet.Special Features:
- LoudMoorrDined on 8/27/2014No place to sit and enjoy meal. Over the top loud.
- do not go during restaurant weekRKSSVIPDined on 8/27/2014too frenzied- steqqks came out not the way they were ordered- ice was put in glasses that were ordered without ice- reaturant week blew them out- bec service is usually pristine!
- DelishZewiDined on 8/27/2014Tried out Al Biernat's for restaurant week, everything we ate was well made, good flavors and cooked just how we asked. The hosts were very nice and our waiter was ok (just ok). Tip: get there a little early because valet gets really busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great soup.DoniusHCranberryDined on 8/27/2014The ambiance does not quite match the price point of this restaurant. However, the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Delicious MealLLHallDined on 8/27/2014RW lunch menu was fantastic and optional cocktails even better! Waiter seemed over-worked, but did stop and take time to answer questions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outsiderDined on 8/27/2014The short ribs were awesome. I wanted to go back the very next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kjkaDined on 8/26/2014The restaurant week menu was outstanding! We loved the food, wine, and ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Had dinner with an old friend to catch up, the food was incredible, the staff impeccably attentive and knowledgeable. Had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great Steaks for a PriceOC75233Dined on 8/26/2014You certainly could spend less money elsewhere, but very difficult to get the same attentive service and finely-prepared food as you get at Al Biernats. This is an old-school steakhouse with a modern feel in the dishes and ambiance. Great for any special occasion or when you are out to impress. Ties not required buy dress business casual -- Al's has earned the respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!luv2eatoutDined on 8/26/2014Delicious food, impeccable service, just a great dining experience. We will go there again.Special Features:
- Yummie!erichDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed Restaurant Week at Al's. First time visitor. Delicious food and excellent service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great food all though a bit noisyIrodugyDined on 8/26/2014Awesome food and service. We had a large group and they treated us very well. The food was outstanding. One of the better meals we have had lately. We will be back!Special Features:
- TbirdDined on 8/26/2014Great food, seated promptly, but without question, THE BEST SERVICE I have ever had in a high end steakhouse, from the Maitre d' to the bus staff to our waitress Ellen, they all combined to make our evening the most enjoyable I have had dining out in a long time.Special Features:
- Reason Al Biernat's is so popularsharonVIPDined on 8/26/2014Consistency, Quality, Customer Appreciation, Great Cocktails, Great Food, Great Service. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!SuzyDined on 8/25/2014A business acquaintance recommended the restaurant as one of his favorites. It was exactly what he promised. The food, wine and service were excellent!! The noise level got a little uncomfortable but was the only negative thing we could think of. We would definitely return when in Dallas again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.