4217 Oak Lawn
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albiernats.com/
- Phone: 2142192201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Miguel Cauich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customized off-site catering. Contact Manager Eddie Althaus at 214-219-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your event.
• Wedding Receptions & Showers
• Holiday Parties
• Social Gatherings
• Office Parties
• Bat & Bar Mitzvahs
A word from Al Biernats
Al Biernat's is much more than a great steakhouse. Incredible seafood such as Australian cold water lobster tails and six different types of fresh fish await you daily. If you are a wine lover, the award winning list offers over 650 rare selections. come see why Al Biernat's is one of the best restaurants in the country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Al Biernats - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Al Biernats reviews from OpenTable diners
434 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (302)fit for foodies (198)hot spot (171)notable wine list (149)vibrant bar scene (148)romantic (137)good for groups (125)neighborhood gem (119)great for lunch (79)great for brunch (59)late-night find (23)great for outdoor dining (18)kid-friendly (11)scenic view (9)Show More
- PERFECT in every always my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/19/2014I cannot say anymore than it is always perfect and exceeds my expectations.Special Features:
- TinaDined on 10/19/2014The onion soup was awful....salty and just a big dark bowl with a small couton on it...I should have complained. Then the lobster risoto had no taste.Special Features:
- Amazing!AmazingDined on 10/17/2014This place might be on the expensive side, but totally worth it! Al Biernat's has the friendliest staff and most upscale atmosphere I've ever experienced!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday successFMburbiteDined on 10/16/2014From the minute we arrived until we left, everyone on the staff made it a great birthday night for my wife. Really was a very pleasant night from the service and friendliness of the folks there. The ambiance is enjoyable, sort of NY style - loud and energetic. Great waiter. I had not expected the food to be as good as it was, thinking that maybe the place was over-rated and coasting on its reputation. But both of our entrees (surf and turf and quail/buffalo), salads, and the calamari appetizer we shared were very good. The slice of chocolate cake on a Happy B-day plate was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2014We love Al's!! Their bone in ribeye is fantastic and risotto, both lobster and mushroom, are the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!Phigamma7VIPDined on 10/13/2014You can never go wrong at Al's! So consistently great!Special Features:
- Every visit has been goodRbrtADined on 10/12/2014Almost every visit has been a five star experience. Be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualNormalGuyDined on 10/11/2014Went out with the family for Dad's birthday. Al's did not fail to make his night special. Service was excellent and the food was cooked perfectly. Server was knowledgeable about gluten and dairy sensitivity. It is noisy, but that's part of the "energy" at Al's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impersonal and rushedBillbDined on 10/10/2014- waiter treated us an inconvenience - never offered a wine list - waiter too rushed to answer questions or didn't care - had to request water refills on several occasions - food was good but impersonal nature distracted from experience
- Overall not a good experienceLuve2dineDined on 10/9/2014The restaurant was pretty full. After we were seated it took our waiter almost 10min to greet us, another 5min for menus. The noise level was extremely noisey. Once our waiter took our order, it took almost 30 min for the appetizers to come out. The entrees took a bit longer than 30 min. My first guest ordered the petite filet rare, which was cooked correctly. My 2nd guest ordered the special surf and turf cooked medium which came out very rare. I ordered the filet oscar cooked medium well, which came out well done and dry. We also ordered a surf and turf to go cooked medium well which once was cut into was med rare. The server apologized and gave us 2 free desserts, but a manager never came to speak to our table regarding our food.Special Features:
- Business DinnerTarpDined on 10/6/2014Service and food was fantastic! The only complaint that I would have was with the noise. It was much higher than similar quality restaurants and made it difficult to have a conversation at the table.Special Features:
- LinnyDined on 10/5/2014Another very enjoyable evening at Al's. Great food and great service. Always a good buzz about the place. Recommended!Special Features:
- JT59VIPDined on 10/3/2014Fantastic food, service and overall experience! Al Biernat's is the finest!Special Features:
- Wedding Anniversary dinnerLuv2eatoutDined on 10/3/2014My wife and had a fantastic evening! This was our first time to visit Al Biernats and we will definitely be back. The entire experience was wonderful. The service was professional and personable. The food was incredible and my wife enjoyed the entire evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!davida425VIPDined on 10/3/2014Food, atmosphere, waiter - all made for a great evening! Our party of 3 had halibut, filet, and lobster tail. All prepared perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding As AlwaysiCfoodVIPDined on 9/30/2014Still my favorite steakhouse in Dallas. Steaks are prepared exactly as requested and the service is impeccable. Large portions so come hungry. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BsoldoutDined on 9/28/2014Great food, great wine, great service. There was plenty of food, the steaks were cooked perfect. Wonderful place for to take the special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014If dining there again, I would request an outdoor table or one of the booths against the walls. It was almost impossible to carry on a conversation because of the noise level.Special Features:
- Overpriced, loud, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We did not enjoy our experience. We spent $100+ per person for a meal that would have been tastier and more pleasant at Texas Land and Cattle or Outback! The steak was tough, the dessert was not good and the service was downright strange with the bussers taking away bread plates when the salad came out, not refilling soft drinks and not even asking if we wanted another cocktail. It seems that all the waitstaff wanted was to turn the table.
- Top of The HeapFoodhoundDined on 9/26/2014After arriving on Time @6:30 we were seated immediately. Debbie, our Server saw my wife pointing out the Salmon appetizer to me & said to Me, "She has already picked my favorite appetizer. The rest of the Meal was "top Shelf." The Filet is our benchmark. My Haddock was also enjoyed by both of us. We will request Debbie when we return as She was attentive & we felt like we made a new Friend during our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Great steaks and oysters Actually all food there is greatSpecial Features:
- pippinDined on 9/25/2014Food and service great- the noise level was the only draw back- very noisy and that was a distraction from what was otherwise a fine experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remodeled not reinstatedDiningdelightVIPDined on 9/25/2014Al's is still a nice restaurant but the charm of the waitstaff has given way to turning tables and the food ranged from superb in shrimp to mediocre in crab appetizers. It seems the update to add more room and tables has given up the outstanding food and service it was known for in the past. The highly recommended off-list, expensive bottle of wine was more like table wine than an exceptional bottle. We anticipated a great evening but it was ok at best.Special Features:
- YumYumVIPDined on 9/23/2014Everyone had a great meal. The ahi poke was a great starter, the calamari was good, and folks were mixed on the duck/rabbit sausage. All of the steaks were cooked right on target, the fish dishes were ok, and the chicken picata was only fair at best, a bit too creamy. The server was fantastic and they brought out cake for one of our group who was having a birthday.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JCHHEMIDined on 9/21/2014Al's is always great! I have been going there since it opened and the consistency is amazing. Wonderful food and service.Special Features:
- Near perfect !diceclineDined on 9/21/2014I took my soon to be fiancée there for her first time there, and it was a delight ! I recommended my favorite dish to her (sea bass and lobster risotto), and she just loved it ! I had the veal, which was excellent. The only thing wrong was that the waiter, who was personable, friendly and helpful, forgot our crab cake appetizers, but we asked for them anyway, and they complemented the meal well ! All's well that ends well, yes ? We will be back, maybe when I propose !Special Features:
- Fabulous as usualHonkyTonkVIPDined on 9/20/2014I was craving, martinis, steak, and just a good meal that would not disappoint. That is exactly what we had. Although the bar was packed, we were seated before we finished the drinks we had ordered from the bar. Everything was prepared perfectly, the timing of all of the courses was paced well. We sat in the front room that is closed off a little from the main dining room, which was nice since the main room can get a little noisy. Al Biernats has yet to disappoint.Special Features:
- Outstanding as alwaysbmlshieldDined on 9/20/2014Best steak in Dallas. Our go-to special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Best we've ever had!LuvgoodfoodDined on 9/20/2014I has the strip steak my wife had the sea bass and they were both delicious. Would recommend this gem to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal Food!MSternDined on 9/20/2014The food is outstanding! The crab cakes are some of the best I've had and the Sea Bass with Lobster Risotto is to die for! I do have to mention that the main dining area is noisy (Pretty Loud!). I Highly recommend and will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not how it used to beDallasdinnerdinerDined on 9/19/2014While the food at Al's is still delicious (my Caesar salad had mozzarella on it instead of Parmesan, so that was a problem), it has lost a lot of it's fine tuning. Plates were slammed down at the table in haste, serving spoons didn't come with the sides and we repeatedly had to ask, entree plates had beef juice splattered and dried on the edges and my wine glass was filthy. I love Al's but it has lost a lot of it's charm while trying to churn out hundreds of dishes a night. Our server comped us a tiramisu (which was very bitter and heavy, not moist and fluffy as it should be making us think it was old). Makes me sad as al is a terrific marketer & charismatic leader of one of Dallas' long running successful restaurant. I miss the old Al's.Special Features:
- Great food, outstanding serviceteslaDined on 9/18/2014I was in a mood for a great steak. Our server Joe, recommended the special, a ribeye that was part Kobe. It was delicious, flavorful and tender. A mixed green salad starter and a coconut cream pie ending. Life doesn't get much better. Joe, our server was very professional yet warm and friendly. He's very good at his job. Al Biernat's is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Luv2eatDined on 9/14/2014Delicious food- came on a recommendation from a friend- next time in the area we will definetly go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing BirthdayFishermanCraigDined on 9/14/2014First filet was dry and tough. Waitress offered to redo. I told her I would rather eat with my family. 10 min. later she brought another anyway. It wasnt as tough but still dry, no sear, and closer to med-rare than medium. We had large gaps between visits from our waitress. I do give her kudos for bringing me another steak. Pros: good cocktails and halibut was tasty. Cons: bread and butter cold (have to ask to be warmed); filet dry; daughters steak closer to well done than med-well ordered and "crusty"; lobster bisque had no lobster in it. The risotto on the menu at same price had lobster in it; the mini beef Wellington was doughy; customers who were obviously regulars got quicker service. Meal not worth the $250 plus tip we paid.Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceOpenTablePlatinumMemberVIPDined on 9/13/2014We where ignored for at least 10 minutes when we sat down. I finally flagged down a waiter to get a menu and water. Our waiter just walked away in the middle of telling us the specials. Two of the three expensive meals where room tempeture and none of the food was very good. It was a very disappointing evening.Special Features:
- 35yrsMarriedBlissDined on 9/13/2014Loved everything about it! Prime Rib and Filet both melted in your mouth. Can't go wrong with the wedge salad. My favorite was the mushroom risotto! Our favorite place to go for a special event! Wine selection awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but LOUDCJSherrillDined on 9/12/2014Food: 10. Service: 10. Atmosphere: 3. The food was delicious but the cacophonous environment necessitated shouted conversation. Most likely will not go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday Party!JohnDined on 9/11/2014This was my second visit to Al Biernat's. My company had our Christmas party here last year and I wanted to go back for my birthday. Everything was great. Our server's, bartender, and the dessert was perfect. This place has an unique atmosphere and not phony ambiance so many places have these days. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ConsistencyDallasFoodieDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food from beginning to end. Dirty Martini Perfection!. It's great to know that after all these years their quality has never been less than Perfect. Always expect greatness and I'm never disappointed! Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time aroundlahfoodieDined on 9/6/2014we had been to AB's a year ago on a visit to Dallas and didn't hesitate to repeat the experience. as usual over-ordered. we split the main courses but ordered too many sides. everything was quite amazing.Special Features: