4217 Oak Lawn
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albiernats.com/
- Phone: 2142192201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Miguel Cauich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customized off-site catering. Contact Manager Eddie Althaus at 214-219-2201 or email@example.com to plan your event.
• Wedding Receptions & Showers
• Holiday Parties
• Social Gatherings
• Office Parties
• Bat & Bar Mitzvahs
A word from Al Biernats
Al Biernat's is much more than a great steakhouse. Incredible seafood such as Australian cold water lobster tails and six different types of fresh fish await you daily. If you are a wine lover, the award winning list offers over 650 rare selections. come see why Al Biernat's is one of the best restaurants in the country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Al Biernats - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Al Biernats reviews from OpenTable diners
434 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (310)fit for foodies (183)hot spot (158)notable wine list (156)romantic (144)vibrant bar scene (135)neighborhood gem (122)good for groups (105)great for lunch (84)great for brunch (73)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (20)kid-friendly (15)scenic view (12)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The short ribs were awesome. I wanted to go back the very next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014The restaurant week menu was outstanding! We loved the food, wine, and ambience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014Had dinner with an old friend to catch up, the food was incredible, the staff impeccably attentive and knowledgeable. Had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Excellent!luv2eatoutDined on 8/26/2014Delicious food, impeccable service, just a great dining experience. We will go there again.Special Features:
- Yummie!erichDined on 8/26/2014Enjoyed Restaurant Week at Al's. First time visitor. Delicious food and excellent service. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great food all though a bit noisyIrodugyDined on 8/26/2014Awesome food and service. We had a large group and they treated us very well. The food was outstanding. One of the better meals we have had lately. We will be back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Great food, seated promptly, but without question, THE BEST SERVICE I have ever had in a high end steakhouse, from the Maitre d' to the bus staff to our waitress Ellen, they all combined to make our evening the most enjoyable I have had dining out in a long time.Special Features:
- Reason Al Biernat's is so popularsharonVIPDined on 8/26/2014Consistency, Quality, Customer Appreciation, Great Cocktails, Great Food, Great Service. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodAjayDined on 8/24/2014Food was great as usual. However, just this time we noticed steaks were overcooked comparing with what we ordered.Special Features:
- Great experience in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Only one word Classic Dallas steakhouse. Classy restaurant without pretension.Special Features:
- We had a lovely evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/24/2014We had a great evening for our group of 7. The service was impeccable, the food was sublime and the ambiance had the right upbeat vibe for a busy Dallas restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014It was a wonderful experience. Went to celebrate my mom's birthday. The food and service were both outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceGoodeatsDined on 8/24/2014Great overall experience. Our server, Nicole, was fantastic. She helped make for a great experience.Special Features:
- Biernat's is SuperbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We made reservations at Al Biernat's for our 44th wedding anniversary brunch. The lady at the reception desk noted our anniversary, which was very nice and unexpected. We arrived 25 minutes early but were seated practically immediately. We made our selections from the Restaurant Week menus. Several times during our meal our server stopped to ask if everything was Ok and commented on our anniversary. The food was superb. The service was exceptional. The restaurant is, however, noisy and not conducive to quiet conversation. We had a booth by the kitchen which mitigated the sound. So if you need a quieter setting, ask for one of those booths. Adding to our wonderful experience, we were given an anniversary dessert, which was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We were there for lunch on Sunday for Restaurant Week. The limited menu had a nice selection of choices for each category. My friends & I all had a different entrée & we all thought they were wonderful. Each of us took our remaining entrée & desert home & enjoyed it the second time around just a much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!chuckDined on 8/24/2014Fabulous food, service and overall experience! It was a wonderful restaurant week experience and would definitely go back there. Their brunch menu looked awesome. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it as a dining experience for all occasions.Special Features:
- A definite new favorite spot!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014It was an amazing experience from the moment we got there until the moment we left. We were seating right away, waiter was excellent, service was top notch and the food was incredible. Can't say enough good things about the whole experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceDucescoopDined on 8/23/2014We had an outstanding Restaurant Week dinner. The food was excellent and the wait staff was very good. The only complaint we had was the noise level. We were only able to hear the people on either side of us when eight of us were seated at a round table. The room was packed and the tables were very close together.Special Features:
- Great time had by allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Food was excellent! For a party of 6 we had a nice table location as we had a couple of elderly ladies in our group it was important to have a table with all chairs. Service was exceptional, friendly and most helpful. The only thing we did not like is the noise level, it was difficult to carry on a conversation. We will go back in the future. Thank you for making our evening very enjoyableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- al biernats - foo foo?bigmikeDined on 8/23/2014I didn't expect to go to an exclusive restaurant such as Al Biernats and.....feel out of place. But I did. From the host & hostess team to our server I was never made to feel warm comfortable. The bus staff was cordial but they also also possessed the we work for al biernats' air. Food was nice. Wait time was very nice...Not long wait to be seated or food served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding PartyHribarDined on 8/23/2014We had a Wedding Party, and it was fantastic. The food was Great! The staff was also top notch, I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful Restaurant Week menu.47708drpDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful choices for each course with menu executed flawlessly. Service was attentive yet not intrusive. Expert, experienced staff who were relaxed and fun to speak with about menu options and recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a satisfying eveningMaxwellhouseDined on 8/23/2014Al Biernats is one of my favourite places for dinner and/or lunch. The Sea Bass is the best in town and actually I rate any other Sea Bass against this one. The crab corn chowder is to die for but be aware, it is extremely filling. Portions are very generous. The only thing I would recommend is to not sit in the middle if you have a romantic date. Your neighbours are close and you can hear each others conversation.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I love Al Biernats, so it was an obvious choice for his birthday celebration. What we did not count on however, was that we would be visiting during Restaurant Week and every other person in Dallas had the same idea. I chose to eat off of the restaurant week menu and my husband ate off of the regular dinner menu - both meals were fabulous! Service was amazing, as always. My only complaint would be the amount of people/noise level during restaurant week; We frequent this restaurant and the typical ambience is quiet and romantic. All in all, I would say it is worth every penny (as long as you avoid Restaurant Week)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too close 4 comfortrialbertDined on 8/22/2014It was our first time here, but our family is frequent customers. Food was amazing, but the whole experience could of been better given how much we spent. Reservation was at 8, but ended up getting seated at 8:30. Our table was in the very back corner, looked like they added the table in at the last minute because I could hear the guy at the next table chewing his food. We were so close to the tables around us and it was uncomfortable at times. I would go back for sure though because the filet oscar was outstanding! Maybe I will go on a weekday night...Special Features:
- Business Dinner @ Al BiernatsshoelvstoeatDined on 8/22/2014I made a short notice dinner reservation and was pleased to get a time that worked for our schedule. Arrival found the table as requested and the entire staff from top to bottom was very helpful and courteous. Our waitress was especially attentive without being in the way of the conversations or the dinner. Great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steakLouiseDined on 8/22/2014In my opinion, Dallas is the best city in the world for steak and Al Biernat's is one of the top places for a perfect steak in Dallas. The service is professional and not rushed, allowing time for a leisurely cocktail before ordering. We had filets that were perfectly cooked, along with mushroom risotto. I had the chopped salad and my husband had Al's salad. The risotto was excellent, with a slight nuttiness cooked to just the right doneness, and both salads were delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week LunchEditDined on 8/22/2014Very, very lovely lunch. The food was delicious, nice portions and the service was outstanding! Could not ask for better.Special Features:
- It was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014It is a great place to eat. We were seated at the moment we arrived. Food was very good. Gina took very good care of us. Thanks. GregSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resturant WeekCH1314Dined on 8/20/2014A friend and I came here for restaurant week, but I have been several times before. I was actually a little disappointed on some aspects, but others were great. The RW menu at Al's is always great, they are good about giving you a ton of choices. My friend and I both started with the Ahi Tuna Poke, which was amazing. Then I had the beef tenderloin for the entrée, and I was rather disappointed. There was very little meat vs the plethora of potatoes and green beans. The tenderloin had good flavor, but it was over cooked and dry. I asked for medium rare, and it was definitely closer to well done. On the other side, my friend got the sliced Waygu beef medium rare and it was absolutely delicious. The desserts were great, as was the wine.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014I thought the food was great. Our server was excellent. Everyone at the restaurant was very professional. It was one of the best steaks I have ever had. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great again!!RobertVIPDined on 8/20/2014My wife & I have enjoyed Al Biernat's for well over 10 years - and we do not get as often now - but the food, the service, and the fast paced high energy seems to still stay at the top of fine dining places. The drinks, appetizers, steaks (one was Bison), and deserts were just as we imagined they would be - and our server was a great addition - we look forward to celebrating at Al's again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al BiernatsdebbiezDined on 8/19/2014The restaurant was very crowded. Of course, it was Restaurant Week. The food was very good and prepared very nice. However, the noise level was really bad. If you are going out with friends and want to talk, this is not the place for you. They really need to work on trying to tone down the noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodtruth26Dined on 8/19/2014We came here for my parents 31st anniversary. The food was amazing and the service was spectacular! The only issue I have ever had is that this restaurant is almost too loud. We literally couldn't hear one another across the table so most of the meal was spend conversation-less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a lovely dinnerLikenessDined on 8/19/2014Three of us get together every year for Restaurant Week and this year we picked Al B's. On Oak Lawn with only valet parking. We were taken to a table that was in the back where it was so quiet. Very nice table. I ordered the Crab & Corn Chowder (Outstanding), the Sliced Wagyu Sirloin, Kale Salad with Beets, Parsnips, Grilled Asparagus, Artichoke, and Habanero Lime Vinaigrette and the famous Coconut Pie. The whole thing was steller and the service was most excellent. My friends got the Tenderloin and chocolate cake, which they said was also excellent. Being my first time, I will definitely go again with the husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al Biernat's BestBraveheartVIPDined on 8/19/2014From beginning to end, this was a great dining experience. We went for Restaurant Week, so glad they chose to be a part, and it did not disappoint. First of all, many restaurants offer you two to three choices on their Restaurant Week Menu. But here? It was amazing, there were so many wonderful choices. Of note - appetizer Beef Wellington Bites were a great find; main course - the Snapper was the best I've had in a while (and I live on the coast). The Tenderloin was so tender and full of amazing tastes, the Wagyu also tender and succulent. And dessert choices? So hard to choose but we went with the Key Lime Pie (perfect taste of tart and sweet with the raspberry accompaniment), and the Ice Cream Sandwich was genius. Great service!!Special Features:
- Excellent lunchFIFIVIPDined on 8/19/2014First time dining there and certainly many to follow. Looking forward to the patio when possible. Food and service...excellent.Special Features:
- HoneyDripper2014Dined on 8/19/2014Took a co-worker there to celebrate her upcoming retirement and she felt so very special. The service, food and atmosphere was great! Had a terrific time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODGASMfoodievirgoDined on 8/18/2014ALWAYS DELIVERS! TOP FIVE STEAKS. RED SNAPPER WAS AMAZING. DESSERTS MARVELOUS! YUMMI!Special Features:
- Never disappointedLeneDined on 8/18/2014The food and service were wonderful. We have never been disappointed when we come here. Can't wait to go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.