4217 Oak Lawn
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.albiernats.com/
- Phone: (214) 219-2201
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Sunday Dinner: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Miguel Cauich
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer customized off-site catering. Contact Manager Eddie Althaus at 214-219-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org to plan your event.
• Wedding Receptions & Showers
• Holiday Parties
• Social Gatherings
• Office Parties
• Bat & Bar Mitzvahs
A word from Al Biernats
Al Biernat's is much more than a great steakhouse. Incredible seafood such as Australian cold water lobster tails and six different types of fresh fish await you daily. If you are a wine lover, the award winning list offers over 650 rare selections. come see why Al Biernat's is one of the best restaurants in the country.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Al Biernats - Best Restaurants in Turtle Creek / Oak Lawn ›
Al Biernats reviews from OpenTable diners
478 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (338)fit for foodies (238)hot spot (204)notable wine list (182)vibrant bar scene (179)romantic (158)good for groups (156)neighborhood gem (137)great for lunch (84)great for brunch (64)late-night find (28)great for outdoor dining (26)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (11)Show More
- This place is consistantly greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Great staff is their strength. From arrival to leaving, everything was fantastic. Food was wonderful. We both got steaks and honestly was cooked to perfection and tasted so good. I love this place. Probably my favorite high end restaurant in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappiontsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Was in the mood to eat ..didn't get to satisfy 'that at all.."5th
- A Classic!MrsBurrisVIPDined on 11/23/2014Always amazing! Al Biernat's has perfected the dining experience in Dallas. A classic restaurant that is so consistently great that it doesn't have to drift with the trends or re-invent itself every few years. The experience was as memorable as the coconut cream pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as alwaysrgrenDined on 11/22/2014Best restaurant in Dallas, always spot on, food is always outstanding, never had a bad meal, even at the busiest times, very friendly team. Simply a must when you are in Dallas and a frequent place to dine, when you are living in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food..MarkgDined on 11/22/2014The food at Al Biernat's makes up for all that I think is wrong with it. Do not go here for a quiet Romantic meal. My wife and I were celebrating our Anniversary but could barely hear ourselves think. The open room setup is much like a school cafeteria but the food is over the top good. I had an 830 reservations that was no good until closer to 9pm. You're asked to wait in the bar area which is nothing more that an entry hall way with bottles stacked up front. The vibe is the hottest 50+ club in Dallas. Again the food is delicious but they are understaffed which changes the feel of what should be a fine dining experience. Seems like the waiters do not have the time to give you the one on one attention that most restaurants at this price point cater to and excel at. If you're looking for a fine dining experience amongst friends and you're looking to get rowdy, then this is the place for you. Wine list is very extensive and I'm sure they can accommodate your everyday alcohol request. Steaks are cooked to perfection with a nice char to add some flavor. Sides get the job done to finish off a great dinner. If we go back it will be earlier to avoid the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!davida425VIPDined on 11/22/2014We keep coming back! We love how they'll accommodate any changes you wish to our choices. Service is spot on and food is always top quality!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Watch the Valet ParkingkdwdfwVIPDined on 11/20/2014For second time in a row, the valet parkers changed the light setting in my car from automatic to manual so the next morning my battery was dead. Always check to see if these imbeciles do that to your car!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDottyDined on 11/18/2014Staff is incredibly knowledgeable and intuitive. Al Biernat's has long set the standard for steakhouse cuisine, service and wine in Dallas. One of my favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The full steakhouse experiencePsapphaDined on 11/17/2014I went here with a group to celebrate my boyfriend's 30th birthday and had a great time. The food is really good, and the menu is more varied than the usual steakhouse menu. The service is attentive and welcoming. I definitely recommend Al Biernats for a fancy night out celebrating something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food .... not good for large groupsRachDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I came here for our anniversary dinner a couple of months ago and LOVED it! It was just us two. We had a great table and waiter. I would not recommend this place for a group event. We had 8 people in our party and they gave us a round booth. There were 5 grown men... they aren't huge but pretty big guys. Out of the 3 women, 2 were pregnant. Needless to say, we needed more space. I couldn't believe they thought we could all fit in that tiny space. Plus, we ordered A LOT of food. There was no way it could fit. We saw another table similar to ours and they added a table. We asked for that, but it still made the seating situation uncomfortable and awkward. Food was amazing and dessert was great. However, I would not recommend this place for large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST IN THE SOUTHWESTLostartofdinigVIPDined on 11/15/2014This is one of the best independent restaurants in the Southwest. The staff, the food, the atmosphere will let you know you are about to have a fine dining experience! You must make a reservation but be prepared to have some of the best food on the planet! All the details are taken care of. You will never be disappointed at Al's store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No place better in Dallas!DallasDinersVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food at Al Biernat's is consistently excellent. Two nights ago, we had steak, lobster, shrimp, au gratin potatoes and great wine and cocktails. In 10 years we have never been disappointed about ANYTHING - and the service is consistently excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryDinnerDined on 11/9/2014Celebrated an anniversary here. You get valet that is tip only. The place looks very fancy. 5 star service. The food was delicious. They gave us a complimentary dessert that said happy anniversary. I would recommend this place to any one looking to celebrate a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al's never disappoints!MarciVIPDined on 11/8/2014Al Biernats never disappoints! Its always great people watching, excellent food and excellent service! Will always recommend to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Al's is ALL THATwinedivvaVIPDined on 11/8/2014All I can say is Y U M M Y! The service is excellent, food is divine, wine list is great, try the escargot and top off with the delicious coconut pie. I'm not a huge fan but this one will convert you. The only down side (but not enough to deter me from a repeat visit) is the NOISE level. I would not recommend for a romantic dinner but you will fall in love with their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first timeDavidVIPDined on 11/8/2014We were told this was one of the best restaurants in Dallas. The food was excellent but I think this is a place where people go "to be seen". We had a table for two but could hardly have a normal conversation at it was just too loud. Rather than enjoying my wife's company over some good wine and great food, we found ourselves hurried by the wait staff due to the long lines and large crowd. Unfortunately, we rushed to get through our dinner so we could leave. Catch it on a quieter night and I think it would be outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in Dallas.SauceDined on 11/7/2014Unquestionably the best dining experience in Dallas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GreatDallas1Dined on 11/7/2014all around the best steak house in Dallas. Service can't be beat and the food is always excellent. Appetizers, soups, steaks all unparalleled but again the service is so much better than the restSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak nightTorieVIPDined on 11/6/2014My Friend from Ca came in town and was hungry for steak . She dressed up in her CA style and marched in ordered a big ole steak on the bone.She so enjoyed it she picked it up with her delicate touch and chewed on the bone. What more can you say.. I think the the food spoke for it's self . I think she would have ordered a second one in a minute!.Special Features:
- Grissle specialBetteratbobsDined on 11/6/2014The Strip Steak I had was the most grissly, tough stek I have ever had. I was very upset. Anniversary dinner. Waitress was nice but did not even offer to tell us the specials. We knew they were available when tables around us were informed. Experience was not good. But the worst thing was a lousy steak. I have been to all the top steakhouses many times, never woyld have expected to be fed such a poor cut. Not going back. Not wanted maybe be a better way to put it. Otherwise would have been served decently.
- Always goodLuv2dineDined on 11/6/2014Always an enjoyable dining experience. Love Al's salad and only place I can get liver and onions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steaksdinnerisgoodDined on 11/3/2014Steak tartar was excellent; some of the best I've had. Steaks were also great. Desserts are to die for (especially coconut cream pie & chocolate, banana, peanut butter pie) Wine list is pricey; some good low to mid-range priced wines would be a great addition. Service was fine; place is somewhat noisy and seemed to be mostly business dinners. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/1/2014Been there over 20 times. Never had a bad meal or service. The King Crab Legs and Wagu Filet were fantastic!
- FabulousHappyeatingDined on 11/1/2014The best high end food in Dallas. I have eaten here many times, and everything I have ever ordered has been outstanding. And on top of that, the menu is incredibly broad with great variety. It is also a very happening place, where you are likely to see Dallas area sports figures and other celebrities. But the restaurant is not at all pretentious. The only reason that I did not rate it with five stars is because the noise level is extremely high. If you are with a large group on a crowded evening, you will not be able to hear anyone who is not sitting next to you or directly across from you without leaning in to get your ears closer to them. Otherwise, one of my favorite restaurants anywhere.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/1/2014I was very dissapointed in the quality of the food. The service was excellent but I have had a much better meal at other steakhouses.Special Features:
- LanceSuzyDined on 11/1/2014Everything was perfect except this place was noisy. I think this was an anomaly. In our seating section, there was a large table of all men (8-10) who were very boisterous and many people asked to be re-seated elsewhere, and I could tell the staff was concerned about this. But certainly they weren't about to say anything to the boisterous costumers. Otherwise, everything else was excellent. Ben was our waiter and he was great.Special Features:
- Exceptional ExperienceSusanDDined on 11/1/2014Overall, this is an exceptional restaurant. We had a reservation and were seated immediately. We were a little put off when our waiter tried to give us menus without even asking if we would like something to drink. The tuna poke and prawn appetizers were excellent and large enough to share. I thought the crab part of my surf and turf was a bit dry but the steak was perfect, however another guest thought both were good. The bone in filet received high marks but the fish of the day was rated unexceptional. Sides of lobster risotto, asparagus, and creamed corn were ample for four and delicious. Splitting appetizers and salads is a good idea so you can still enjoy your entrée.Special Features:
- Busy and LoudSusanB58Dined on 11/1/2014Not at all what we expected for a birthday celebration dinner. The restaurant was very crowded, extremely loud, and very hectic overall. Waiters rush, servers rush, customers are rushed to and from tables, and the bill is brought before dessert is finished. We felt like the restaurant was more interested in turning tables than serving their customers.Special Features:
- Simply the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The steaks at Al Biernat's continue to amaze - full of flavor and absolutely cooked to your preference. We enjoyed the mushrooms which appeared to be sautéed Portebella's, and the au-grautin potatoes were superb.Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseValleygirlVIPDined on 10/31/2014Visited Dallas for the weekend with some very special friends and were looking for a local steakhouse. Found this incredible restaurant with a great variety of menu selections. From the very fresh oysters to the duck and rabbit sausage to the wagyu and bison steaks! Service, food and atmosphere were excellent!Special Features:
- mcarmel77Dined on 10/31/2014Overall, good restaurant. The beef tartare in appetizer was good, not amazing but good. My husband had the filet with a lobster tail for entree and that was the best filet he ever had. However, I had the veal liver and it was ok at best. Not a great cut and too thin and too well done to my taste.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!!!!!!akoniloiDined on 10/31/2014I love the atmosphere of the restaurant. As a first visitor to Dallas, I felt like I was at home. Especially with my waitress, Nicole. She was outstanding. When I come back I will make a special effort to ask for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Dallas For SureHanoiIGVIPDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I are always in search of "the best steak in town," and in Dallas I think we found it! We had opera tickets so even 5:30 when they open was cutting it close. We arrived early so I could choose a wine and save a bit of time. The hostess told us that they would seat us a bit early to make sure we wouldn't be late. After a nice glass of chardonnay(at Happy Hour price) we were seated and the waiter gave us his spiel, assuring us that he would get us out on time and have a taxi waiting. We ordered as usual in a steakhouse: strip steak for my wife and rib eye for me; sides of baked potato and creamed spinach. The dry aged strip was amazing and the rib eye almost as good. A great cab at a decent price made it a perfect meal.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary dinnerrinksranchDined on 10/26/2014I expect nothing but a great steak so I tend to judge high end steak houses on their creamed spinach. Al's was leaf instead of chopped (different is all) and a bit too salty. I give the steak an A+ but the spinach a B. Great place, got a bit loud but we enjoyed the staff who went out of their way to make our event special.Special Features:
- Loved the brunch!NameDined on 10/26/2014The brioche French toast and smoked salmon tacos were delicious! Great menu of options. This was my first brunch, and I plan on going more often now.Special Features:
- Fantastic experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great atmosphere, service and food. My wife and I enjoyed our anniversary dinner here! We will have to return just to try the vast menu! Everything looked delicious! We cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAndreaDined on 10/25/2014Everything about this restaurant was absolutely wonderful. The food, service and ambience were a 10! But maybe the BEST thing about it was that there was no blasting music! I don't think there was any music at all. Busy restaurants don't need music and I think a lot of restauranteurs miss the boat on that! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Food!chadsterDined on 10/25/2014Really thought the food tasted great. They also give decent quantities. Many high $ restaurants bring out tiny portions. The chocolate fondue and gelato dessert was amazing. It was really loud in the restaurant, as it was very crowded on Saturday night.Special Features:
- Dinner for Twodaleyes2011Dined on 10/24/2014This was my first time to Al Biernat's, and the rumors are pretty on spot about the quality of food. Service was pretty warm and welcoming. The ambience was not too romantic, definitely a hustle bustle air to the crowd. Overall a fun, definitely fulfilling dinner experience.Special Features:
- Don't go for the foodHPFoodieDined on 10/24/2014We were very disappointed in the quality of the food and service in our last visit. We weren't given a wine menu to choose a wine by the glass, rather our waiter just brought something to us that he thought we'd like (after asking do you like white or red? - similar to a hotel banquet service). He also didn't bring a dessert menu or offer coffee, clearly he was hoping to turn the table over quickly. For three people the tab was $300 for 3 salads, 3 steaks, and a bottle of wine ($59 - we sent the wines by the glass back). The Caesar salad tasted weird and had cheap parmesan shredded on top. The cowboy ribeye had a weird tarragon rub and the dry aged NY strip was tough. We could hardly carry on a conversation due to the noise level.Special Features: