2201 West Balboa Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92663Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.akropolisnewportbeach.com/
- Phone: 9492706310
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Akropolis
Come and enjoy an amazing and authentic Greek dish, based on old and flavorful recipes, made from the freshest ingredients every day. We are a little family owned restaurant with family made recipes. We have a wide variety of menu items to please everyone’s need, from Greek pizza to Gyros to traditional dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Akropolis reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Just OK, might not visit again!MonikaVIPDined on 7/23/2014Good restaurant but Parking around that place is a MESS!! It took us 30min to find parking (even paid) and restaurant DONOT have parking. The one good apart about the place was service. Both the servers were pretty nice and patient. But they were eating food or snack in between serving the customer, which was a lil weird for me. Food was ok nothing great. Garlic bread - tasted like the one you can get from store and get ready in 15 min Hummus - ok, no flavor just Chickpeas mix Chicken shawarma - was good. Nicely cooked and still had flavor. 4 star for that Falafel - had added couscous to it Veggie soup - no flavor or texture. It was just some broth with veggies in it. Not the typical Greek lentil soup that we were looking fwd to
- Lamb Lovers Rejoice!yuknowhoo52Dined on 6/28/2014The service was a bit slow, perhaps they were understaffed? Nevertheless, the lamb gyro is so tasty and a great price. Will dine again!Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Akropolis reviews archive.
- tasty gyrosscrapbookcathleenVIPDined on 5/4/2014Came back for the tasty gyros that I enjoyed that last time, and was not disappointed. Our waitress was friendly and efficient. Have told a couple friends and hopefully they can join me the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!brpfoodratingsDined on 4/19/2014What a wonderful find in Newport Beach! The food was absolutely delicious, the service great, and the prices reasonable. Their coffee was amazing too...try the macchiato it won't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food, excellent service.HBfoodieVIPDined on 3/5/2014We stopped in for appetizers and were greeted immediately by a delightful server named Catie. We selected the Pecilia appetizer for two and a half of Greek salad which was more than enough food. The Pecilia appetizer consisted of several Greek favorites. The decor was fresh and clean and welcoming. We shall return for dinner soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANTS ANTS AND MORE ANTS!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/27/2013We did not eat here! Ants EVERYWHERE!! When we said something about the ants the waiter just said "the table hadn't been cleaned yet!" It must not have been cleaned for hours to have thay many ants! If the tables had that many ants we wondered what the food prep area looked like also.