Akira Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse
Plainfield, IN 46168Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Akira Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.akira-steakhouse.net/
- Phone: 3178387970x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Akira Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse
Akira Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse is Plainfield, IN's finest and newest hibachi grill.We offer a huge variety of specialty sushi rolls. Our entertaining culinary chef prepares your food with quality you can see and taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Akira Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- It's about the showMinorDined on 6/10/2014My husband got steak and loved it. Said it was perfectly done. (His review would probably be better than mine.) I got chicken and scallops: the chicken was dry, the scallops were - okay. Overall it was tasty, but no better than a regular stir-fry from a cheaper place. That said, the ambience is great, the service was friendly, and the chef was entertaining. Fun for a special occasion, and if I had the money, I'd bring a bigger group. (Each grill seats 8.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIBACHI LOVERS DELIGHTDinersdelightDined on 5/28/2014We definitely will return for an evening visit. Lunch was not only excellent but extremely reasonably priced! Our chef was entertaining and helpful. So glad we finally went to Akira!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 20 reviews are from the Akira Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse reviews archive.
- A little pricey for the experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/11/2014We went on Mother's Day with a group of 7. We were seated right away but service after that was fairly slow moving. A lot in our group were vegetarians and we were asking for miso soup instead of the onion soup (since onion soup typically is made with chicken or beef broth) and were told by the waitress that neither were vegetarian. We hadn't heard that at any other Japanese restaurant so we asked to speak to someone else who did verify it was indeed vegetarian. The food was ok, nothing spectacular, and they were doing dinner prices all day for Mother's Day even though we were there for lunch. This was close to home so it worked out for our day but didn't necessarily leave us wanting more.
- Very Accomodating and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We booked a group of 25 at Akira. We had to change the time of the reservation 3 times and they were extremely gracious and accomodating (they even stayed open late for our group). The service was great, the food was great, and the chefs and wait staff were excellent. Our group had separate checks which can be a disaster, and the waitress had them perfect the first time with no problems! We could not have picked a better place for our group!Special Features:
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/6/2014Not only do you watch as your chef skillfully prepares your meal, but you also get to enjoy watchung the chefs at other grill/tables as well. Each chef does their work in different and entertaining ways. And our waitress was great too. Even held her head up when a dish slipped off the top of a stack she was removing from our table. I will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have definitely had better!!boomdog07Dined on 2/24/2014Small portions, chef seemed just about as excited as someone waiting to get their teeth cleaned, priced a little on the high side for the amount of food.
- Great food but be patient!CorkyBitterootDined on 2/22/2014We went on a Saturday night and it was busy! Food was excellent but service was a little slow. She was really nice so we didn't mind too much. We love to support local places and the only downside is that they don't have the corporate backing to keep a large staff on. I will take the quality of food and the satisfaction of knowing that my money is staying in the community over the need to have a server provide me with all their attention! So when dining at a family owned business be patient with the staff :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HIBACHI PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013I liked the place a lot. Went there with my wife and in-laws on 31-Dec-13. The ambience and food was good although the have tried better SAKE in other places. Couple of cooks were good with their tricks and our one was ok too. Food was great (we tried the chicken-shrimp combo and chicken teriyaki). Good value for the price.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedgirlsniteoutDined on 12/27/2013Overall it was OK but a little disappointing. Our chef was fairly new and didn't put on much of a show at all. We were there for a special mom/daughter girls night out while the boys went to the wwe show. My daughter kept looking at another table and said a few times she wished we had gotten that chef instead. We'll go back but I will make it a point to be specific in who cooks for us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2013Typical hibachi. Good food, adequate entertainment by our Hibachi Chef. It's not gourmet, but it was good. I would go back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/30/2013The atmosphere was vey nice. The service was excellent and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BashFamily4Dined on 11/9/2013This was Jessica's 14th Birthday and at least the 5th in a row that she wanted to have a Japanese Habachi style dinner. We had a wonderful time as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, overpriced serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013We've been a couple times. The food is really good and we enjoy watching it get cooked in front of us, but the service is way below par for the price that you end up paying. Be prepared to wait almost an hour for your food after sitting down. Also be aware that you will most-likely not get your appetizer until right before getting your food. The waitstaff also seems to have a problem with organization.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service leaves a lot to be desiredBKG144Dined on 5/11/2013We had a party of 9 for Mother's Day, graduation and birthday. On arrival our waitress informed us that they were severely short-staffed that night. She had a horrible attitude and made us feel like we were inconveniencing her by being there. Glasses were empty and we had to ask for refills on several occasions. Every request was met with a sigh. We called prior to our visit to ask if we could bring an ice cream cake for dessert and we were told that we could. We had to remind her to bring it out and then cut and serve it ourselves. It was not a great experience. The food was good and the chef was very pleasant, but the wait staff was not up to par. The fact that the manager didn't interact with the guests should have been a clue.Special Features:
- The young lady taking ourdkrupkaDined on 3/13/2013The young lady taking our orders and bring out the food, did a great job. The cook put on a good show but burnt the food. The soup was good, salad dressing had little flavor. Overall the food was lacking flavor. In addition our group of 7 were rushed out afterwards.
- Akira Japanese Hibachi SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2013Akira Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse was a disappointment. The "ambiance" was non-existent, the food contained to much salt, and the price was excessive. Most likely I will not return nor recommend.
- Love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2013We love Akira. We visit there frequently and they make us feel special like family. We usually dine there at least once every 2 weeks.Special Features:
- Poor Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013My family and I have lived around this area for some time, we passed by this restaurant (if you could call it that) and noticed it for the first time, thus we decided to try it out. Maybe because it was a weekday but we had to wait 10min to be noticed when we walked in. We sat at the hibachi table and ordered a few basic rolls thinking that maybe they would be half way descent given that we didn't see a sushi bar. Wrong again, let me say that there is something very distinct about eating bad raw fish. Hibachi chef came out after and greeted us but did not do anything else. Server was slow and didn't show any emotion but could of been depressed because we were one of the 3-4 parties there. Overall not happy and will not return
- Gordon Ramsey's Next Kitchen NightmGns11197Dined on 2/16/2013To start with the services was poor at best. The young lady had no idea how to serve. The cocktails seemed to be alcohol free, even though advertised as alcoholic. The salad was nothing but a piece of iceberg lettuce cut up. The soup, chicken broth, with one scallion. There was a cold breeze blowing in from the kitchen area, which everyone compalined about, and nothing was done about it. 50 minutes later the chef turns up. I am amazed his name wasn't Bubba. Strong order of cigarette smoke. Did his thing in 7 minutes and left. The shrimp appeared to be freezer burned. The steak was the same. The manger was racing all over the place and never spoke to anyone. This place runs her, not her running the restuarant.Special Features:
- We had made reservations andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We had made reservations and were seated right away. The vegan sushi was quite good. Not huge portions so no take home boxes. My husband said his drink from the bar was good. Good service.Special Features:
- Seems to be short on hibachiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Seems to be short on hibachi cooks, and serving dishes. Pretty crowded, but it was valentine's day so as to be expected... food was decent. Have been to other hibachi steakhouses that I liked better, without the long wait between soup / salad and dinner. Overall it was just ok.Special Features:
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2013The food was excellent, but the service left a lot to be desired. Even with a reservation, it took over 30minutes to be seated. Once seated, we received drinks, soup and salad fairly quickly, but we waited another 45 minutes for the hibachi chef to finally make it to our table. They definitely need 1-2 more chefs cooking when all of the tables are filled or the waiting time is just ridiculous.Special Features: