720 Haddon Ave
Collingswood, NJ 08108Neighborhood:
SushiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.akiranj.com/
- Phone: 8568581888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:30pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Hibachi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Frank Cheng
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Takeout
A word from Akira 3
Collingswood’s newest edition for an awesome dining experience. Chef Frank Zheng creates a place for great food and drama to coexist. From appetizers to desserts and great showmanship with a touch of “fire”, Akira 3 offers something for everyone. Our Hibachi tables are a must see experience. Please note: online reservations cannot be made for our hibachi dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Akira 3 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Overall- very good!AroseDined on 8/4/2013No complaints at all- delicious special sushi rolls, vegetable tempura and dessert. Solid service and great ambiance. Added bonus: Byob!Special Features:
- The food here is wonderful.apultraclassicVIPDined on 7/27/2013The food here is wonderful. The sushi is always fresh and tasty. The ambience and décor is warm and inviting. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Akira 3CharlieVIPDined on 7/14/2013Akira 3 is a good addition to the Collingswood restaurant scene. The food is good, menu varied and the kitschy decor is fun. They offer lots of alternatives so if you're with a group that has varied enthusiasm for Oriental offerings everyone will be happy. It's a pleasant, entertaining place to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiGjaegerDined on 6/8/2013Fresh, clean, friendly. They will also make you any roll if you cannot find on the menu. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! By far the best sushiPhilly86VIPDined on 6/7/2013Wow . . . were we surprised. From the outside it looks like a dated façade. On the inside it is gorgeous. We are casual sushi eaters, yet this is by far the best sushi we have ever had. We ate in the front section of the restaurant, yet the rear of the restaurant where they cook hibachi-style at your table was even busier than the front. Highly, highly recommend. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crabby MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/2/2013We went for the Crabby Monday and it was fantastic,crabs were large and excellent. Our waitress was awesome,very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!luvbyob3Dined on 5/31/2013This was our second visit to Akira 3. Ordered beef negimaki app, Sashimi Regular and Noodles for entrees. All outstanding. Service was great, ambiance is great. Awesome byob spot and there is hibachi in the back. We will be back again soon!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!SushisamDined on 5/17/2013Every time I go to Akira it's an amazing experience. The Quality of the fish is outstanding and they also Keep it interesting with some unique dishes.Special Features:
- Moderately pleasedCharlieVIPDined on 5/14/2013It's the little things that make a restaurant a memorable experience. Akira was good but missed the mark on the small things that could have made it much better. The front of the house staff could be better in that the man who seated us almost seemed annoyed that we disturbed him. Gruffness is not a quality you want in the first face you see when you enter a restaurant. Our server on the other hand was pleasant and efficient. We brought champagne and the glasses we were provided were big, thick, wine glasses that were warm when they were brought to the table. The food was good but not great. If I wanted a better Japanese restaurant I would go to Fuji or Sagami or Woksabi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decor is worth it a lonetotodancerVIPDined on 5/11/2013The inside is STUNNING! My boyfriend liked his meal a lot... I got hibachi at the table, not at the hibachi tables with the stove tops. Maybe that was why the hibachi was really not good. I'd give it another go though. Staff was really nice! And that decor really was awesome, it's like you're all of a sudden in an NYC restaurant. Work on the food a little and It'll be a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent timeGood2goDined on 4/27/2013The food and ambience were superb. We will be frequenting Akira again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Girls Night Out!jennylizDined on 3/18/2013A group of girlfriends and myself were looking for a restaurant to eat at for Collingswood's Restaurant Week, and Akira was the one place that none of us had been to yet. We are so glad we chose it too! The food was amazing, the service was excellent, and the decor and ambiance was so relaxing. We chose to have the hibachi option, where we got the live demonstration from the cook, plus we all ordered from the sushi menu in addition to the Restaurant Week menu (we are all self-proclaimed foodies, and we love to try different things). We will definitely be back! Plus, you've got to love their 50% off sushi prices on Mondays and Tuesdays!Special Features:
- Food was great, staff wasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013Food was great, staff was great. Overall great place to eat and be.Special Features:
- Once you're inside Akira 3,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/28/2013Once you're inside Akira 3, you might forget that you're in South Jersey. The ambience is very captivating and intriguing and you feel like you're in a big city restaurant, except it's not as crowded. My wife ordered the Garlic Udon which was AMAZING! The savory garlic flavor blended perfectly with the slightly sweet, buttery sauce and the udon was cooked to perfection! It had large chunks of salmon and big, juicy scallops that were all cooked very well. I ordered a couple special rolls which were good but not memorable, and that's the only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars. The service was excellent! The manager was friendly and accessible.Special Features:
- NeighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Throughly enjoyed my visit. Ambiance was great-food was delish and service was pretty good. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- We came for a Valentines dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013We came for a Valentines dinner and were greeted by a very rude host. He sat us at a hibachi table that had SIX kids under the age of 10 at it. When we politely asked to be reseated in the sushi area the host rolled his eyes at us and complied very rudely. The food was OK but nothing compared to the two other excellent sushi places in town. It was also too noisy to hear the waitress. I will not be going here again.
- Maybe it was just a bad night?OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/9/2013My husband & I were not impressed with Akira 3. To be fair to the server, apparently the host seated us immediately following & right next to a large table that she had. This meant my husband waited about 15 minutes to get a refill to his glass of water, because the person going around with water earlier suddenly disappeared. Neither of us liked their miso soup- I don't LOVE miso soup but I usually will eat it & so will he- this one we both took 1 spoonful and pushed away. I asked for brown rice for my sushi platter and on several of the pieces the rice was warm which in turn warmed the fish a bit which to me is not enjoyable when eating sushi. We're not adverse to trying Akira again but with so many other places around it won't be soon.Special Features:
- sushi was as good as any i'veOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/8/2013sushi was as good as any i've had.highly recommend it.Special Features:
- I went to Akira at 6:30 onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/4/2013I went to Akira at 6:30 on a Monday night. At first, my party wwas the only one at the restaurant, but as time ticked on others trickled in. The decor is very beautiful and reminded me of Buddakon. It is BYOB so we brought our own wine and enjoyed a light dinner. My girlfriend and I split two rolls, the Eagle Roll and the Daisy Roll. The Daisy Roll was a bit too simple for my taste, but the perfect roll for someone who is just starting out. The Eagle Roll was delicious. I've been thinking about it all week. The service was very attentive and the prices were great. I will certainly be returning.Special Features:
- Awesome AdditionDieselDadsVIPDined on 1/26/2013A very warm and welcoming establishment with great food. We did wait quite a while after seated before we were greeted by our server, but the rest of the evening was fine. The food was seasoned well and tasted very fresh. The front dining room was a bit cold due to the positioning of the front door. Perhaps an enclosure of some sort to block the elements would solve that problem. Overall, a welcome addition to Collingswood. We will return!Special Features:
- Other than the music beingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Other than the music being weird and the waitress not asking us if we'd eaten there before (could've used some direction on the huge menu), well worth it. Food was so delicious and the manager even chatted it up with us. Definitely going back - the hibachi is amazing!!
- The perfect meal for a weekOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2013The perfect meal for a week night get away! The service was great and the food was amazing!Special Features:
- Fun place for hibachi, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/11/2013Fun place for hibachi, food was very good, hibachi chef was of course entertaining and the hibachi room had warm but modern decor. If you go for a birthday definitely request the lotus flower fried ice cream for desert, truly special!!Special Features: