9543 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://akasharestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3108451700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 9pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Akasha Richmond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering company can accomodate all your catering and party needs ranging from small dinner parties to full coordinated events for over 1000. We offer custom menus, complete staffing and provide all aspects of event coordination - rentals, valet parking, entertainment and more. Our experienced catering staff is available to meet with you to discuss a custom menu for your next event or party.
- Private Party Facilities: AKASHA offers private dining in our Café Room and our heated patio for sit down dinners up to 30 guests, and cocktail parties for up to 45 guests. Complete buyouts of the entire restaurant are available for sit down dinners (up to 80 guests) or cocktail/buffet parties (up to 300 guests).
- Private Party Contact: Alan Schulman 3108451700x
- Entertainment: Music Monday, Live Jazz 6pm-9pm
- Special Events: "Wine Wednesday" 50% off our entire wine list every Wednesday! Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 2:30pm -7pm at the bar offering 50% off our specialty cocktails, wine by the glass and beers.
A word from AKASHA
AKASHA restaurant/bar/cafe features New American cuisine offering comfort food with big flavors and sustainable ingredients, for carnivores and herbivores alike. Chef/Caterer Akasha Richmond brings visionary cuisine to her own neighborhood eatery located in the historic Hull Building in downtown Culver City. Keeping the principles of sustainability in mind, the building's original steel, wood, concrete and brick arches were restored while the design materials pair with a seventies modernity to exude an inviting and lively atmosphere. The artisan bakery has both sweet and savory selections, as well as locally roasted fair trade coffee. The 20-seat bar highlights fresh juice cocktails, organic and premium spirits, beer and wine. The entire menu is available for catering or to go.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AKASHA - Best Restaurants in Culver City ›
AKASHA reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (101)special occasion (60)good for groups (55)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (41)romantic (41)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (33)great for outdoor dining (32)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- We eat at Akasha pretty regularlyjackihollywoodDined on 8/29/2014We've been coming to Akasha regularly for a year and always enjoy. We like the "boothy" feel; the ambiance and the eclectic menu options. We have the same waiter pretty regularly and he treats us well. What stood out particularly on Friday night was the banana cream pie! It was really good! Crust was flaky, right balance of sweetness. Hmm, hm, hm. Will keep going back.Special Features:
- BlahtshakaleeDined on 8/28/2014Have been looking forward to trying this place after sampling food at the food and wine festival and was quite disappointed. The food was pretty pedestrian. Had carrot soup (special of the day); goat cheese salad; salmon; mushroom flatbread pizza; macaroni and cheese; and for dessert peach ice cream cake and some chocolate cake thing. All of the dishes were very uninspired. Won't be returning.
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014All of the servers were very nice. The wine list was good but overpriced. The food was meh. When the menu is that small they should do everything well. Pizza burnt and cold, steak overcooked and dry, mung bean dish inedible. The ribs were good. Salads were way over dressed. Banana cram pie was great, the special cherry tart had very little cherries in it but was tasty.
- Group funUclakickerDined on 8/26/2014From the greeting to the end of our dinner everything was first class. Outstanding salads, appetizers and main dishes. The service was excellent too! Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lg12VIPDined on 8/23/2014Poor service from hostess to server affected overall experience. Would NOT return
- Always good!outolunchDined on 8/19/2014Akasha is my go to place for lunch in Culver City. I only wish I were closer in the evenings, so I could enjoy an adult beverage along with their delicious food!Special Features:
- Food unremarkable, service OKCaitieVIPDined on 8/15/2014The decor and ambiance in this space is really nice. Great for groups. I wouldn't return for the food or the service. Our server was rude and weird - he asked my sister if she wanted to order a drink, and when she said no thanks, he walked away without asking me - we called him back, I told him which glass of wine I wanted and he said flatly, "Can I see your ID?" Really? Not only am I 30 years old and don't look 21, usually when servers need to ask for ID they preface it with an apology or say they ask everyone. His demeanor was insulting - I almost cancelled my wine right there. When we asked him if he had steamed carrots, he replied "Well I don't have them on me.." Um.. The food was unremarkable and wasn't cheap. Won't return.Special Features:
- paulDined on 8/14/2014The guests were particularly happy with their salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast based on REVIEWSnewfoodietoLADined on 8/10/2014My 21 year old son is adamant about his breakfast on the weekend - he wakes up EARLY to find the right breakfast place. After driving to one he had scoped out and seeing a line waiting for service, we ventured on and found this place on Open Table - Boy - best thing we did! Got there in time for brunch - it was amazing. I had the poached eggs over polenta - The eggs were done perfectly medium, the polenta was tender, the prosciutto delicious and mildly salty - the parmesan shavings - I ordered the hollandaise on the side and was glad I did - the dish did not need it! My son had the fried chicken sandwich with a side of maple syrup - his eyes rolled back - lol - this is a great place - service great - food delivered fast and hot-coolvibeSpecial Features:
- Wine Excellent; Food Very GoodUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 8/9/2014Akasha was serving some pinot noirs from Oregon that were delicious. The food was very good and the standout was the lamb appetizer.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/8/2014Went for the Pinot weekend on Friday to taste some of the things Akasha brought back from her trip to Oregon. One of my absolute favorites. I know that I will always have a great meal with really good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An evening to write home aboutzilchikDined on 8/8/2014Our anniversary dinner at Akasha was perfect. We sat on the quiet patio, had attentive but unobtrusive service from Brent and the other staff, and enjoyed innovative, delicious food. Even if we lived much farther away, this would be worth the drive for our celebration.Special Features:
- Two times in a monthCybercooperDined on 8/7/2014A great friend brought us to Akasha, we had such a good meal and time , that I did the same later in the month. Parking is convenient. menu was varied and delicious and our service was very very good. . .and thanks to open table, we didn't have to wait on a popular night. good experience all the way around, twice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paulDined on 8/3/2014Dinner was excellent. Dessert was a little disappointing.Special Features:
- Good foodRuthlasVIPDined on 7/31/2014We always enjoy this place. The food items change frequently and are always delicious. The wait staff is very friendly.Special Features:
- Great drinks, decent foodmissallenDined on 7/31/2014Their drinks are amazing. The food was okay - we had a beet salad, mac and cheese and margharita pizza. The pizza was okay. The waitress was a bit cold, she was pushy and mistook our order so the wrong items came to us. She was not very professional or kind.Special Features:
- FunSteveDined on 7/31/2014It's a very fun spot to have dinner. Parking right behind, a nice bar for any kind of drink. I did not find it terribly expensive. It's a nice area with things to do.Special Features:
- shoulder to shoulder310DevilDined on 7/25/2014Another Culver City hot spot that's too hot. They pack people in like sardines to the point where I'm closer to the people at the next table than to my date across the table. We couldn't hear each other. This trend of fine dining establishments packing people to code has to stop. Seriously, there is more space and intimacy at a lunch counter.
- Great Wknd NoshboobooDined on 7/20/2014Service was fantastic & food was mostly excellent. Would prob not order the fried chix sandwich again tho, it was mostly fried flour pieces and very little chix within the sandwich and was slightly over done, too hard and crunchy, instead of succulent and moist. Which is too bad, b/c when you did get a little bit of chix, it was excellent. The pancakes are the best I've ever had tho. Really good ginger beer and menu choices are lots of my favorite things. I've had other things and they are all delicious, so the chix sand thumbs down doesn't scare me off a bit. Best service around in all of Culver City. Except for the screaming baby at the table near us, it was a near perfect meal.Special Features:
- Staff incompetenceJHG1VIPDined on 7/18/2014Have been here many times - consistently good food and service. After this visit I received a no show notice from the restaurant and open table. I was there, challenged the no show notice and it was corrected. This is an inconvenience and the restaurant should know better. Don't think I will be back.
- Amazing FoodFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Amazing place for lunch, lots of choices on the menu, easy parking in public lots nearby. Always a pleasure.Special Features:
- Great findDiningnLAVIPDined on 7/15/2014Everything was tasty, well-prepared and fresh. Unexpectedly delicious and reasonably priced. Service was excellent other than the hostess referring to my infant daughter as "this" (she was sleeping in her car seat at the time). Would definitely go back for the food.Special Features:
- Foodie HeavenWineguyVIPDined on 7/14/2014What is not to love here? We just attended our 3rd Dine LA last night and would go back again this evening just to have the trout and the cauliflower pakoras. Top notch food, excellent service, fabulous drinks selection. We will keep going back.Special Features:
- A bit disappointingFoodieVivDined on 7/12/2014I returned to Akasha after a couple of years, my memory of their food was a lot better than the reality.
- AkashaArlyVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was great-we had great service-many different selections to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- isobelLAVIPDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I love it! It's our go to neighborhood restaurant. Perfect before going to the movies….Great food, really yummy, clean and tasty, wonderful cocktails and delicious desserts!Special Features:
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Good variety of food. Cool little jazz band playing in the corner. Tastey dinner & dessert. Would recommend for a date, or with a small group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- paulDined on 7/3/2014Food and service were great. A true Culver City find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNancyVIPDined on 6/29/2014Usually I enjoy eating at Akasha but my visit was disappointing. The service was really slow and my husband's burger was dry and the waitress forgot to add the cheese he requested. We had to ask her several times for service while she raced around serving other people. Every thing was slow to come out of the kitchen and even the dessert was off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014I had requested cupcakes for 60th bday celebration. They were sold out earlier that day. DisappointingSpecial Features:
- Akasha ~~~ Bad Service & FoodSixFoodLoversDined on 6/24/2014The lunch menu wasn't impressive at all and seeing & tasting food was even worst! Drinks lacked taste & basic presentation. Service was completely unacceptable, except for waiter's help that almost saved it. Maybe the waiter lacked language skills in English and that's why he couldn't serve better, but all of it at our own expense. Our waiter even answered to one of us that the food was prepared with GMO products! We told our friend the waiter must have not understood English or even what GMO stands for. The real experience made it 'unreal' (in the bad sense of the term) for all of us, easy-going 6 good eaters! We won't eat at Akasha ever & discourage others to waste their time & money! Actually, this place needs supervision.
- DisappointingCheviotdinerVIPDined on 6/23/2014Took clients to dinner here and my fault I didn't check exactly how the steak was prepared. My client took a bite of her steak and said "strange taste" , I had the same experience. Realized there was a pile of olive tapenade all over the steak which totally overwhelmed the flavor of the meat., even when I scraped the tapenade off. The lighting is dim so read the menu carefully and check with your your waiter.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsCheviotHillsFoodieDined on 6/21/2014We were seated at a fairly quiet table, which I appreciated, - The food was wonderful. Our waiter, David was very helpful in recommendations. The portions were just right. We can't wait to come back again!Special Features:
- SubparDddddVIPDined on 6/20/2014This place has a nice ambiance, but the food and drinks are subpar. The bar is one of those new-age ones that insists in using high fructose agave nectar in all it's drinks, including classics that require sugar (e.g. Mint Julio's, caipirinhas, monitos). The food was a bit hit and miss. The salads and pasta were fine, but the fish was way overlooked and the shrimp were not fresh. The service was pleasant but not efficient and the waiter didn't know the menu well.
- Everything was great!dbgillusDined on 6/20/2014Excellent service! The food was great food and outstanding ambience. I will be backSpecial Features:
- A must try in Culver CityCeleryVIPDined on 6/18/2014Great Food, great Wine Lost Grest Service and try the homemade Ice Cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but get to know the MenuBeedaDined on 6/15/2014I loved the atmosphere & service, & I would definitely go again. Learn the menu & know what to order/what not to order. Veggie burger (patty made of quinoa and sunflower seeds) was delicious. Yummy mac & cheese and french toast. I was dissapointed with the chilaquiles. Not bad, but needed a bit more flavor. A good salsa would have been a big help. All they had was a hot sauce & something they called chile verde that was more like a pesto, so it didn't pair well with the chilaquiles. My daughter loves salmon, but all they had was a salmon salad not really geared towards kids. Hubby had flat iron steak, but again it was a salad w/too much arugula and not enough meat. Loved the ginger lemonade & other varieties of lemonade on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great server.WardDined on 6/14/2014Had the misfortune to be seated near a table of drunken loudmouths which was slightly offset by a great server doing his best to attend to our table of four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delightful mealNancyVIPDined on 6/14/2014I started with a refreshing fruity cocktail, had a wedge Caesar salad, chicken breast over creamy corn polenta, and ended with blueberry skillet pie. It was delicious. The waitress was helpful and efficient. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ray144VIPDined on 6/13/2014Akasha remains one of my go to restaurants in downtown Culver City. The food is great. The service is great. I highly recommend Akasha.Special Features: