9543 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://akasharestaurant.com/
- Phone: (310) 845-1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 9pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Akasha Richmond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering company can accomodate all your catering and party needs ranging from small dinner parties to full coordinated events for over 1000. We offer custom menus, complete staffing and provide all aspects of event coordination - rentals, valet parking, entertainment and more. Our experienced catering staff is available to meet with you to discuss a custom menu for your next event or party.
- Private Party Facilities: AKASHA offers private dining in our Café Room and our heated patio for sit down dinners up to 30 guests, and cocktail parties for up to 45 guests. Complete buyouts of the entire restaurant are available for sit down dinners (up to 80 guests) or cocktail/buffet parties (up to 300 guests).
- Private Party Contact: Alan Schulman 3108451700x
- Entertainment: Music Monday, Live Jazz 6pm-9pm
- Special Events: "Wine Wednesday" 50% off our entire wine list every Wednesday! Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 2:30pm -7pm at the bar offering 50% off our specialty cocktails, wine by the glass and beers.
A word from AKASHA
AKASHA restaurant/bar/cafe features New American cuisine offering comfort food with big flavors and sustainable ingredients, for carnivores and herbivores alike. Chef/Caterer Akasha Richmond brings visionary cuisine to her own neighborhood eatery located in the historic Hull Building in downtown Culver City. Keeping the principles of sustainability in mind, the building's original steel, wood, concrete and brick arches were restored while the design materials pair with a seventies modernity to exude an inviting and lively atmosphere. The artisan bakery has both sweet and savory selections, as well as locally roasted fair trade coffee. The 20-seat bar highlights fresh juice cocktails, organic and premium spirits, beer and wine. The entire menu is available for catering or to go.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AKASHA - Best Restaurants in Culver City ›
AKASHA reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (104)neighborhood gem (100)good for groups (61)special occasion (47)hot spot (47)great for lunch (46)notable wine list (41)vibrant bar scene (39)great for outdoor dining (33)romantic (30)great for brunch (18)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- Service Was OffPaulVIPDined on 11/17/2014We've happily dined here many times, but on this particular night the service was so terrible it made us wish we'd gone elsewhere. Our particular waiter was so slow and inattentive that we were embarrassed we'd brought an out-of-town guest with us. If we see him there again, we'll ask to be seated at someone else's station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boobooDined on 11/16/2014Server was had no personality, wasn't very nice, but was mostly attentive, except for a snafu or two. I won't let them give him to my table again tho. Drink took over 20 mins to get, I was pretty much done with my meal before my drink came out, so that was the one bad thing. Hamburger buns (wheat) are dry, crumbly and tasteless. They need to get a new bread venfor for those for sure. Food mostly fab, other than that. The guests I brought said it was the best egg hash they'd ever had before.Special Features:
- Before the show in Culver CitySandyjkVIPDined on 11/11/2014There are many good/great restaurants on Culver Blvd in Culver City. This is one of the best! It is a huge "industrial" open ceiling room that can get noisy. The food is interesting, delicious and abundant. We shared soup, veggie and entree and it was plenty for us seniors. It is a short walk to Actor's Studio and Trader Joe's. What more can one ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownhillCriticADined on 11/5/2014Used to better. Unfortunately the food has taken a turn. Salmon salad was not up to quality or taste and the hummus tasted sour.Special Features:
- Good restaurantSonofanumber1chefDined on 11/3/2014Te macaroni and cheese was really tasty, however I expected more flavor from the fried chicken sliders (and the bun could've been softer) their beer selection is great and service is too notch as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EVERYONE WENT HOME HAPPY!310lakDined on 11/2/2014We had a delicious dinner celebrating a birthday. i love the avocado and beet salad. Others enjoyed the burgers the punjabi mung bean, and red pilaf with tofu. There was barely crumb on anyone's plate Besides that, our server was excellent, on top of refills and constantly checking in on us. Very nice experience as a whole. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Special treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014It was Halloween night. We were seated at a table close to the bar when a group of three dressed-up people suddenly stood next to us. We noticed that about 1o or so others had built a circle around the tables throughout the restaurant. Then the music changed and on the video screen Michael Jackson's Thriller was shown. In tune with the music the folks that had poszioned themselves around the tables started dancing with a lot of joy and energy. What a nice surprise. What a great show. As soon as the music stopped the dancers disappeared and delighted we returned to our dinner.Special Features:
- FantasticReneeray1Dined on 10/31/2014Everything about our dinner there was thoroughly enjoyable. We had a blast on Halloween.Special Features:
- Consistently great spot.Lad50VIPDined on 10/28/2014Akasha just continues to be consistently great. Super service, great food, and a nice environment. Service was really outstanding. Had the short ribs and they were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/28/2014That this was great place for everything we ate! The chef has great creations,service was excellent form the waitress to all the different people that would clear the plates!Special Features:
- Enjoyable DinnerfandangofoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was great although it could have used a little less salt, however the overall experience was great, fine food and great staff. will definitely take other friends here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerSBfoodieVIPDined on 10/23/2014Great service. Great food. Tremendous service. Very nice place for a birthday dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014I've never had a bad meal at Akasha--always fresh and interesting recipes there are always delicious. I can't say enough about my favorite cocktail named for chef Akasha. If you are a party of two definitely sit at the bar. The service is perfect in every way. With larger parties you will be seated in a stylish restaurant and very cool leather and still chairs that I find very uncomfortable. I would say the discomfort level of the chairs is the only downfall in the entire restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great restaurantterrisfunDined on 10/22/2014The restaurant was in a great location in the middle of downtown Culver City. Started the meal off with a Jalapeño margarita, wow it was an amazing drink. 3 of us ordered the flat iron steak, nice sliced and cooked to perfection with an amazing sauce. Another person had the curry seafood and loved that as well. Wednesdays are half-off wine night which made it nice too, just wish when we got the bill the waiter would have remembered to discount it. Don't like it when I have extra stuff added to my bill and need to check it.Special Features:
- Always great food and atmosphereblouDined on 10/21/2014We go to Akasha frequently, it's great food, service, fun, good atmosphere...we live in the neighborhood so it's our go to place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/21/2014I've been to Akasha numerous times. The food and service are consistently great. The wines are usually unknowns, but also very good.Special Features:
- yummytimesDined on 10/17/2014Great menu with a lot of variety & really delicious food! A beautiful setting for dinner or lunch. Love the high ceilings. And wanna go back for the pumpkin cheesecake!Special Features:
- really good dinnerrockrocks1Dined on 10/17/2014terrific service - really good food..a bit on the noisy side for us older folks...convenient to the kirk douglas theatre and parking...overall, very, very good.Special Features:
- Just great overallthefoodscoutDined on 10/16/2014The offerings were original and had their own taset which was excellent. The vibe was great. Nice wine, beer and cocktail offerings as well. You could tell people really enjoyed being there, not a quiet place. People are alive here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!TerrierDined on 10/16/2014We were celebrating my daughter's birthday. We had a great experience at Akasha and would definitely recommend to anyone loving organic, healthy food.
- Great placeGrandmaDDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful food, nice vibe, excellent service and live music. We had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Horrible hostess...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We stopped prior to a Forum concert with reservations. No hello, no welcome, no greeting...just a growled question and no smile/eye contact: do you have a reservation? (yes we do) On leaving she (and two others standing with her) still had no smile, no goodbye and a poor attitude--- Ambience and atmosphere is upscale casual and quite attractive. Food server was personable, professional and knowledgable. Food: Salmon, kale salad and chicken sliders were simply OK--nothing special and neither of us would order those items again. Three stars is probably too many...but food server was really good. We probably won't return.
- Just OK, middle of the roadpeterbDined on 10/8/2014Very nice seared scallops. Good burrata salad, but that's not exactly a culinary challenge. Mediocre salmon main course, lacking flavor, lacking interest. Wednesday night half-priced wine bottles had the pricing about where it should be every night. I'd go back for the sake of convenience, or for cocktails. The seared scallops were very good, but overall the food was not compelling.
- Great foodbandbVIPDined on 10/8/2014Been here twice now and have not been disappointed. One night I tried their wild boar ragu special and it was so flavorful and delicious. The portion was just right -- not too much, not too little. Filling and no leftovers. The other night I had a the spicy turkey burger. Very tasty and enjoyable. It's a medium to high price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelisiousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/7/2014Aksha is a wonderful restaurant. Great drinks, fresh ingredients, original, tasty, and YUMMY desserts.Special Features:
- GoodDined on 10/1/2014Beautiful space, great service, great cocktails (beautiful to look at and crafted with care) and good (not great) food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Akasha Richmond is the BEST!ElegantVIPDined on 10/1/2014Three of us had the trout salad, a daily special. Would never have ordered it except that I know the food here is the best. And it was. Soup of the day is always excellent. And they moved all right along for a short business lunch.Special Features:
- Fish was delicious as usualUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 9/28/2014The cod was really good and so were the chicken wings.Special Features:
- Amazing food!localfoodieDined on 9/28/2014The food was soooo good, and their citrus / jalapeno drink was amazing! The service was very good, our waiter was spot-on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitorgwgwVIPDined on 9/26/2014Worth the trip. Good food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatFoodluvDined on 9/25/2014Been coming here for many years and Akasha has evolved and changed in smart ways over that time. Food is always wholesome, fresh, and tasty. Pastries are fantastic. Ambience hip and energetic. Service excellent. This is the kind of place where you just want to keep coming back.Special Features:
- LOVED ITThanksVIPDined on 9/24/2014Drinks were delicious - food super tasty. I recommend Akasha for a small group and its great for a casual weeknight dinnerSpecial Features:
- Holiday dinnerFoodmavenVIPDined on 9/24/2014Went to celebrate Jewish New Year. Special dishes--- chopped liver and soup-- were just OK Tandoori wings, which are usually very good , were smaller, less tasty. Burger was served too well done. Only great thing was lemon ice box pie Service was slow. They weren't at the top of their gameSpecial Features:
- Delicious and healthfulDisappointedDined on 9/24/2014Not only is the menu wonderful and the food delicious, but I love that Akasha uses organic ingredients and locally grown.Special Features:
- Akasha New YearafinedinebyML2dayDined on 9/24/2014we started the Jewish New Year at Akasha. the food was great and the intimate setting made it feel sweet and cozy!Special Features:
- Perfect fitEnjoyedAkashaDined on 9/20/2014For a double date dinner, and we found the bar side to be quaint and quiet so we could really enjoy the table conversation. Food was great, rivaled by the outstanding service as well. And the dessert kicked serious a@$! so make sure to order a few.Special Features:
- Great local spot4barrygVIPDined on 9/19/2014not your usual dining experience. what a pleasant surprise. Although different, I think there is enough variety for most. Kind of "funky upscale".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The greatest!CeleryVIPDined on 9/17/2014If there is a go to place on Culver Blvd's restaurant row, it's Akasha. The food is creative, wine list hand picked by the Wine manager and many locally sourced items in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining AdventureMsLBLeeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Picked Akasha because of its proximity to the Kirk Douglas Theater and the consistently high reviews on Open Table, and was not disappointed. We were fortunate enough to arrive on a Wednesday 1/2 price for drinks and the 3 of us sampled and shared several dishes. Each was unique and tasty. Will definitely go again when in the area.Special Features:
- Good Food, Limited OptionsbeccatDined on 9/14/2014I visited Akasha for a family dinner Sunday night. The food and service were very good. The menu was fairly limited, and some family members felt they didn't have many choices. The kale caeser salad was way too garlicky - to the point my husband couldn't eat it. The offered wines by the glass were not very special. In general, we all had a nice time and enjoyed our meals. Not good for those who have dietary needs - they would not make substitutions on dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.