9543 Culver Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://akasharestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3108451700x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30-9:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
Sunday - 5:00pm - 9pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday 10:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Wine Bar, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Akasha Richmond
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Our catering company can accomodate all your catering and party needs ranging from small dinner parties to full coordinated events for over 1000. We offer custom menus, complete staffing and provide all aspects of event coordination - rentals, valet parking, entertainment and more. Our experienced catering staff is available to meet with you to discuss a custom menu for your next event or party.
- Private Party Facilities: AKASHA offers private dining in our Café Room and our heated patio for sit down dinners up to 30 guests, and cocktail parties for up to 45 guests. Complete buyouts of the entire restaurant are available for sit down dinners (up to 80 guests) or cocktail/buffet parties (up to 300 guests).
- Private Party Contact: Alan Schulman 3108451700x
- Entertainment: Music Monday, Live Jazz 6pm-9pm
- Special Events: "Wine Wednesday" 50% off our entire wine list every Wednesday! Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 2:30pm -7pm at the bar offering 50% off our specialty cocktails, wine by the glass and beers.
A word from AKASHA
AKASHA restaurant/bar/cafe features New American cuisine offering comfort food with big flavors and sustainable ingredients, for carnivores and herbivores alike. Chef/Caterer Akasha Richmond brings visionary cuisine to her own neighborhood eatery located in the historic Hull Building in downtown Culver City. Keeping the principles of sustainability in mind, the building's original steel, wood, concrete and brick arches were restored while the design materials pair with a seventies modernity to exude an inviting and lively atmosphere. The artisan bakery has both sweet and savory selections, as well as locally roasted fair trade coffee. The 20-seat bar highlights fresh juice cocktails, organic and premium spirits, beer and wine. The entire menu is available for catering or to go.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
AKASHA - Best Restaurants in Culver City ›
AKASHA reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (111)neighborhood gem (107)good for groups (56)special occasion (55)great for lunch (51)hot spot (47)vibrant bar scene (46)notable wine list (43)romantic (37)great for outdoor dining (36)great for brunch (26)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (8)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great menu with a lot of variety & really delicious food! A beautiful setting for dinner or lunch. Love the high ceilings. And wanna go back for the pumpkin cheesecake!Special Features:
- Just great overallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014The offerings were original and had their own taset which was excellent. The vibe was great. Nice wine, beer and cocktail offerings as well. You could tell people really enjoyed being there, not a quiet place. People are alive here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!TerrierDined on 10/16/2014We were celebrating my daughter's birthday. We had a great experience at Akasha and would definitely recommend to anyone loving organic, healthy food.
- Great placeGrandmaDDined on 10/13/2014Wonderful food, nice vibe, excellent service and live music. We had a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Horrible hostess...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014We stopped prior to a Forum concert with reservations. No hello, no welcome, no greeting...just a growled question and no smile/eye contact: do you have a reservation? (yes we do) On leaving she (and two others standing with her) still had no smile, no goodbye and a poor attitude--- Ambience and atmosphere is upscale casual and quite attractive. Food server was personable, professional and knowledgable. Food: Salmon, kale salad and chicken sliders were simply OK--nothing special and neither of us would order those items again. Three stars is probably too many...but food server was really good. We probably won't return.
- Just OK, middle of the roadpeterbDined on 10/8/2014Very nice seared scallops. Good burrata salad, but that's not exactly a culinary challenge. Mediocre salmon main course, lacking flavor, lacking interest. Wednesday night half-priced wine bottles had the pricing about where it should be every night. I'd go back for the sake of convenience, or for cocktails. The seared scallops were very good, but overall the food was not compelling.
- Great foodbandbVIPDined on 10/8/2014Been here twice now and have not been disappointed. One night I tried their wild boar ragu special and it was so flavorful and delicious. The portion was just right -- not too much, not too little. Filling and no leftovers. The other night I had a the spicy turkey burger. Very tasty and enjoyable. It's a medium to high price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelisiousOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/7/2014Aksha is a wonderful restaurant. Great drinks, fresh ingredients, original, tasty, and YUMMY desserts.Special Features:
- GoodDined on 10/1/2014Beautiful space, great service, great cocktails (beautiful to look at and crafted with care) and good (not great) food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Akasha Richmond is the BEST!ElegantVIPDined on 10/1/2014Three of us had the trout salad, a daily special. Would never have ordered it except that I know the food here is the best. And it was. Soup of the day is always excellent. And they moved all right along for a short business lunch.Special Features:
- Fish was delicious as usualUpscalehealthynaturalVIPDined on 9/28/2014The cod was really good and so were the chicken wings.Special Features:
- Amazing food!localfoodieDined on 9/28/2014The food was soooo good, and their citrus / jalapeno drink was amazing! The service was very good, our waiter was spot-on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitorgwgwVIPDined on 9/26/2014Worth the trip. Good food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatFoodluvDined on 9/25/2014Been coming here for many years and Akasha has evolved and changed in smart ways over that time. Food is always wholesome, fresh, and tasty. Pastries are fantastic. Ambience hip and energetic. Service excellent. This is the kind of place where you just want to keep coming back.Special Features:
- LOVED ITThanksVIPDined on 9/24/2014Drinks were delicious - food super tasty. I recommend Akasha for a small group and its great for a casual weeknight dinnerSpecial Features:
- Holiday dinnerFoodmavenVIPDined on 9/24/2014Went to celebrate Jewish New Year. Special dishes--- chopped liver and soup-- were just OK Tandoori wings, which are usually very good , were smaller, less tasty. Burger was served too well done. Only great thing was lemon ice box pie Service was slow. They weren't at the top of their gameSpecial Features:
- Delicious and healthfulDisappointedDined on 9/24/2014Not only is the menu wonderful and the food delicious, but I love that Akasha uses organic ingredients and locally grown.Special Features:
- Akasha New YearafinedinebyML2dayDined on 9/24/2014we started the Jewish New Year at Akasha. the food was great and the intimate setting made it feel sweet and cozy!Special Features:
- Perfect fitEnjoyedAkashaDined on 9/20/2014For a double date dinner, and we found the bar side to be quaint and quiet so we could really enjoy the table conversation. Food was great, rivaled by the outstanding service as well. And the dessert kicked serious a@$! so make sure to order a few.Special Features:
- Great local spot4barrygVIPDined on 9/19/2014not your usual dining experience. what a pleasant surprise. Although different, I think there is enough variety for most. Kind of "funky upscale".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The greatest!CeleryVIPDined on 9/17/2014If there is a go to place on Culver Blvd's restaurant row, it's Akasha. The food is creative, wine list hand picked by the Wine manager and many locally sourced items in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining AdventureMsLBLeeVIPDined on 9/17/2014Picked Akasha because of its proximity to the Kirk Douglas Theater and the consistently high reviews on Open Table, and was not disappointed. We were fortunate enough to arrive on a Wednesday 1/2 price for drinks and the 3 of us sampled and shared several dishes. Each was unique and tasty. Will definitely go again when in the area.Special Features:
- Good Food, Limited OptionsbeccatDined on 9/14/2014I visited Akasha for a family dinner Sunday night. The food and service were very good. The menu was fairly limited, and some family members felt they didn't have many choices. The kale caeser salad was way too garlicky - to the point my husband couldn't eat it. The offered wines by the glass were not very special. In general, we all had a nice time and enjoyed our meals. Not good for those who have dietary needs - they would not make substitutions on dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anna V.blueheaven77Dined on 9/13/2014We just had a dinner on occasion of my son's birthday. When made a reservation, I specifically asked for a cozy, perhaps corner table, and we got just that. Food was excellent, service attentive, but not obtrusive. All in all, it was a very pleasant experience and i would, without a doubt, recommend it to anyone.Special Features:
- YummyDeliciousDined on 9/12/2014The food was great. The service was terrific. All around great experience!Special Features:
- Not up to par this timeYxthorDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I have always loved Akasha for food, atmosphere, value. This time, however, the dishes were disappointing - lacking the usual delicate balance of flavors. I hope the next time they get back to par. We drive a long way to dine at Akasha and this time is wasn't worth the drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedCasualdinerDined on 9/7/2014I hadn't been to Akasha in a few years, but suggested it as a place to meet some relatives I hadn't seen for a couple of years. We were not disappointed. Service -- including the very nice young lady at the reception desk -- was exceptional. One of my cousins uses a wheelchair and they set up a table where she could sit comfortably and not be an obstacle to Akasha staff or guests. Our server was friendly, attentive and informative. The brunch menu offers something for every taste -- whether you lean more towards breakfast type items or lunch type items, you will find something to make you happy. Put Akasha on your list of go-to places!Special Features:
- Love this placeJeinSMDined on 9/6/2014We had a great dining experience. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarseVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food and service were good. It's a very pretty restaurant; however, the chairs are extremely uncomfortable. It ruins the dining experience.
- Culver City GemTVmxsupDined on 9/3/2014Akasha is my go-to restaurant in Culver City. The food is always top-notch and the new executive chef has been serving some new, adventurous plates, including some great baked goods for dessert. Staff is the best. The folks at the coffee bar are amazing serving coffee from Intelligensia. Added big bonus is their almond milk is homemade and the best I have ever had - that is no exaggeration. You will be spoiled, so be forewarned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunch meetingsTruewiseprinceVIPDined on 9/3/2014Quiet enough to hold a group meeting with a great selection of food to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat at Akasha pretty regularlyjackihollywoodDined on 8/29/2014We've been coming to Akasha regularly for a year and always enjoy. We like the "boothy" feel; the ambiance and the eclectic menu options. We have the same waiter pretty regularly and he treats us well. What stood out particularly on Friday night was the banana cream pie! It was really good! Crust was flaky, right balance of sweetness. Hmm, hm, hm. Will keep going back.Special Features:
- BlahtshakaleeDined on 8/28/2014Have been looking forward to trying this place after sampling food at the food and wine festival and was quite disappointed. The food was pretty pedestrian. Had carrot soup (special of the day); goat cheese salad; salmon; mushroom flatbread pizza; macaroni and cheese; and for dessert peach ice cream cake and some chocolate cake thing. All of the dishes were very uninspired. Won't be returning.
- Would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014All of the servers were very nice. The wine list was good but overpriced. The food was meh. When the menu is that small they should do everything well. Pizza burnt and cold, steak overcooked and dry, mung bean dish inedible. The ribs were good. Salads were way over dressed. Banana cram pie was great, the special cherry tart had very little cherries in it but was tasty.
- Group funUclakickerDined on 8/26/2014From the greeting to the end of our dinner everything was first class. Outstanding salads, appetizers and main dishes. The service was excellent too! Definitely will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lg12VIPDined on 8/23/2014Poor service from hostess to server affected overall experience. Would NOT return
- Always good!outolunchDined on 8/19/2014Akasha is my go to place for lunch in Culver City. I only wish I were closer in the evenings, so I could enjoy an adult beverage along with their delicious food!Special Features:
- Food unremarkable, service OKCaitieVIPDined on 8/15/2014The decor and ambiance in this space is really nice. Great for groups. I wouldn't return for the food or the service. Our server was rude and weird - he asked my sister if she wanted to order a drink, and when she said no thanks, he walked away without asking me - we called him back, I told him which glass of wine I wanted and he said flatly, "Can I see your ID?" Really? Not only am I 30 years old and don't look 21, usually when servers need to ask for ID they preface it with an apology or say they ask everyone. His demeanor was insulting - I almost cancelled my wine right there. When we asked him if he had steamed carrots, he replied "Well I don't have them on me.." Um.. The food was unremarkable and wasn't cheap. Won't return.Special Features:
- paulDined on 8/14/2014The guests were particularly happy with their salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Breakfast based on REVIEWSnewfoodietoLADined on 8/10/2014My 21 year old son is adamant about his breakfast on the weekend - he wakes up EARLY to find the right breakfast place. After driving to one he had scoped out and seeing a line waiting for service, we ventured on and found this place on Open Table - Boy - best thing we did! Got there in time for brunch - it was amazing. I had the poached eggs over polenta - The eggs were done perfectly medium, the polenta was tender, the prosciutto delicious and mildly salty - the parmesan shavings - I ordered the hollandaise on the side and was glad I did - the dish did not need it! My son had the fried chicken sandwich with a side of maple syrup - his eyes rolled back - lol - this is a great place - service great - food delivered fast and hot-coolvibeSpecial Features: