14 East Central Street
Franklin, MA 02038Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artistrykitchen.com/
- Phone: 5085307440x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from AK Bistro
AK Bistro is a neighborhood gathering spot located in the heart of downtown Franklin, MA, where we recognize that attentive, personal service is still an important part of the food experience. Our team spends a lot of time searching for the finest quality ingredients from around the corner and beyond because we know that our local partners are also vested in providing the best the seasons have to offer. We take pride in taking these ingredients and turning them into culinary creations that are innovative, delicious yet approachable. We pair them with unique hand selected wines, craft beers and creative cocktails to provide the ultimate foodie experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
AK Bistro - Best Restaurants in Franklin ›
AK Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (65)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (48)romantic (42)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)hot spot (11)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I've been dying to try AK Bistro ever since I heard rave reviews from friends on Facebook. It did not disappoint! We arrived early so we had time for a drink at the bar. The bartender was very professional and answered my questions about the craft cocktail menu (I ended up getting the English Channel, which was a creation including Pimms and muddled cucumber) - delicious. Once we moved onto dinner our server Corey was extremely friendly and knowledgable about the cheese and salumi selections which we enjoyed for an appetizer. My husband had the scallops and I had the herbed Campanelle for entrees and although I intended to save some of my entree for lunch the next day it I are every bite. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Friday night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The AK Bistro exceeded my expectations. Food, appearance Nd wait staff was excellent. I was so impressed and would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Franklin CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/7/2014It's amazing to find this caliper of restuarant in Franklin center. Kudos to the owners for takign the risk. Beautifully decorated and it even has a nice little patio in the back. The menu is small as far as selection but wonderful and big on taste. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. This is the third time we've been since they opened and I think they're finally figured it out. Third time was a charm. I had the mushroom flat bread and a salad, all the ingredients were nice and fresh. My husband had the oysters which were from Wellfleet and delicious. My dad had the scallops, it came with a nice portion and the scallops were big. My mom had the risotto primavera also delicsious, very cheesy and full of summer veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guess I was hoping for moresidney963Dined on 9/6/2014It was very noisy and service was really slow. I was hoping for a little bit more from this new spot that has gotten such great reviews. It might be better for a nicer lunch.
- Great first visitrcs249VIPDined on 9/6/2014I decided to try this relatively new bistro while visiting family in Franklin, and I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious! Nicely decorated restaurant but they could use something to help bring the noise level down as it was quite hard to hold conversations with our party of 4. Otherwise I'd say that it was an outstanding evening!Special Features:
- UniqueCMelT04Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is unique in that it's located in downtown Franklin, but unlike other restaurants downtown, it brings an urban chic to Franklin. The décor is beautiful, and there are different choices for seating. The food is delicious, and the presentation is mouth-watering. They make a great martini and cosmopolitan--no skimping on the alcohol. The vibe is a little odd to me, though. When you first walk in, you're not sure you're all that welcome. I think that problem is solved if the waitstaff and greeter can be a little more outgoing. If a restaurant is great but pretentious, it's not going to be my first choice. However, there's one waiter who goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable. Last night's waiter was friendly as well.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurant!bowling300Dined on 8/24/2014Very nice inside, clean, variety of foods to purchase. Menu was good, I had the bolognaese, my wife the duck! Both items were excellent! Dessert we had the assorted pastries for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSocialDinerDined on 8/23/2014We recently brought our out of town friends here. We arrived early and sat at the beautiful bar. The bartender was warm and welcoming and made an amazing Raspberry Mint martini that was so good. Cory our waiter was fantastic and took the time to welcome us back. The food presentation was wonderful and delicious. The ambience and decor are spectacular. Love the outdoor seating! This restaurant is gem and we are lucky they have come to Franklin. Boston quality for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Addition to the Suburbs!SplewisVIPDined on 8/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first dining experience at AK Bistro....and promise to be back! The food was delicious, excellent service and the restaurant is just beautiful! LOVED the beet salad! A layer of granola and pistachios on the bottom was like finding treasure and the flavor combo with the beets and dressing is perfect. Also enjoyed a cheese board (bonteparte is AMAZING!), duck breast, haddock and tomato soup. All very tasty! A great experience and look forward to returning soon....with friends!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014This was our 3rd trip to AK. We raved about it based on our 1st dinner and one lunch. However, the dinner this time was not on the same level as our first. The service was fabulous, but the food was just ok this time. Veggies were over cooked and the sauce on my food didn't even taste the same as the first time I had it. The beer cheese is AMAZING! We would definitely go back again, but would like to see more consistency with the food.Special Features:
- Suburb surprisejr2000Dined on 8/12/2014It isn't often a restaurant opens in the suburbs that can make you feel like you drove to Boston for a night out. It was not only delicious, but also elegant and tastefully decorated inside. We really enjoyed ourselves and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Very Good but not consistentgymgirlDined on 8/10/2014We went to AK Bistro on a Friday for appetizers and drinks. It was a great experience - food, service- everything was 5 stars. Decided to go back 2 nights later, and a much different story. Food not as excellent, server less attentive, overall an experience that was so-so. I would go back again, but disappointed with lack of consistency.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food in FranklinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We were so thrilled to find a Boston quality restaurant right here in Franklin. We have not had a good upscale tasting restaurant, in Franklin, since Girards Bistro. The food was terrific! It tasted amazing the next day in my doggie bag. Service and drinks were top notch. can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Great Food!TESARDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent! The portions are much larger than your traditional bistro food! The cheese tray appetizer was great. ( something different for us) we usually get calamari...which we did and it was perfect! We will defineltly be back and recommend AK bistro to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with wife and parentsDanoDined on 8/2/2014I'm hard to please, possibly because I payed for college by waitering at an extremely high-end restaurant. Ryan was our waiter. He was great; knowledgeable, friendly, entertaining, and a good salesman. The food was excellent, but the breading on the calamari quickly became mush. When I mentioned this, I was told "sorry about that." The decor is very nice too. The only dislike was the table behind us of two 30 year-old guys and their 40 year-old ladies were obnoxiously loud to the point we couldn't hold a conversation without yelling across the table.Special Features:
- Hidden GemKatLakeDined on 8/2/2014My husband took me to AK Bistro to celebrate my birthday. We had read the amazing reviews online and had never even seen the restaurant before, even though it is close to us. Amazing food, lovely atmosphere, the best calamari I have ever had, and fun cocktails. We will definitely be back for the next special occasion!Special Features:
- PerfectFoody86VIPDined on 7/31/2014My second time here. Much improved from when they first opened. Better menu with perfect portion sizes. Had a fantastic cocktail called "Cape 'N Stormy" which was a play on a Dark 'N Stormy but with a local rum from Truro Mass. Service was on par with similar caliber restaurants in Boston. It's nice to see a restaurant like this close to where I live! We can't wait to bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be in Boston!BarbDined on 7/27/2014Food and service on a par with Boston restaurants, but reservations, traffic and parking much easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the ordinaryJohnnyBeagleDined on 7/26/2014Hard to believe I was still in Franklin. AK Bistro felt more cosmopolitan, maybe even European int he atmosphere. Wait staff was professional, hard to come by these days. Menu does not overwhelm with hundreds of choices, just a dozen or so wonderfully prepared entrees, a selection of appealing appetizers and wine list that left me wanting to come back soon.Special Features:
- excellentcaroleDined on 7/26/2014our 1st time and had a very good experience food very different but excellent!!! atmosphere outstanding We loved our waiter Andrew hot rosemary bread with olive oil really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiance but...oneilk4Dined on 7/25/2014The rest of the experience doesn't live up to the great decor. I have been twice for lunch and once for dinner. Lunch was good but the service a little slow. Prices were reasonable. Went for dinner the other evening and was disappointed. The patio dining is awesome though! The Caesar salads have too much Dijon in the dressing. The main course portions were inconsistent. The duck was a very small entree for $30 yet the chicken portion was massive. The cookie tray for dessert tasted like they came from a box or were previously frozen. I really want to love this place but I think it needs to step it up a bit in order to justify its prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGHLY Underrated GemWorcesterGalDined on 7/24/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience top to bottom. The cheese selections were superb, the crostini they serve with the cheese was fantastic and I couldn't stop eating it, the wine selection was perfect (Spencer helped me choose a great wine based on what I said I liked, and he was spot on!), the meals themselves were really tasty and most of all, I appreciated how Ryan (our server) took the time to understand my desire not to eat meat, and to stick to reasonable calories, and went out of his way to get amounts of ingredients for me, and made sure there was no meat in my dish (I really appreciated the care he exhibited!). I think this place is really special and more people should go! It's SO chic in there too. Awesome date spot.Special Features:
- Delightful SurpriseHungryTravelersVIPDined on 7/22/2014We hoped to find a pleasant place for lunch with friends. What we found was outstanding: delicious food, excellent service, upscale decor. The day boat scallops were terrific, as was the pastry platter which we shared. We enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthwhile Experience!thelastdonDined on 7/18/2014We had a small group to meet, enjoy lunch and discuss a project we are working on. Look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2014We booked on Open Table at the last moment, on July 3rd. We didn't know what to expect, given the holiday. When we walked in, we were greeted warmly, seated at a great table, and coddled by a friendly crew of servers. The food was very good, and the portions were large. The scallops with lobster croquettes were wonderful, as was the roasted chicken penne. We each had enough left over for lunch the next day. The asparagus salad was also delicious. The food was on a par with Cafe Assisi and Zebra (two of our favorite local restaurants). We'll definitely add AK Bistro to our rotation of favorite local restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Local FindBeachgal2Dined on 6/29/2014We went early enough so noise level was very low and good for us to communicate. Ambiance was great along with the service! Ryan (server) was friendly and checked on us frequently, but was not bothersome. Food was served in style and was very good. Missed having any kind of ravioli to choose from, but they have home-made pasta. Expensive but would recommend for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- AK Bistro - Better than Boston!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014First time to AK Bistro. Read the online reviews. Decied to take a chance for my wife's birthday celebration. A bit ashamed I had not stopped in earlier. I have no idea how long they've been in business, but they certainly have a professional, upscale, high-service establishment that serves excellent cocktails, apps, and entres. Server was polite and knowledgeable. Drinks arrived quickly. Brisket Flatbread used as an appetizer. Substantial-Too much for 2 people as an app, but that was our choice. Very delicious. Dinner arrived after we finished the flatbread. Scallops and Short Ribs. Could not have been more flavorful. Had some interested croquette-type accompaniments. Sauces were rich but not heavy. Too full for desserts. A+++ RatingSpecial Features:
- local find in FranklingreatdayDined on 6/27/2014I have lived in Franklin for 30 years and we have never had a great restaurant. Artistry Kitchen is the only "fine Dining" spot around. It has some of the best food I have had anywhere and the service was perfect. Don't let the unassuming location fool you. It is an experience as good as any found in Boston.Special Features:
- Great go to...drcolleenVIPDined on 6/25/2014We frequent this local restaurant and love it! The new menu is lovely and we look forward to trying more new options.Special Features:
- Brunch at AK BistroQueenie02019Dined on 6/22/2014Beautiful setting with exceptional food. Menu is varied and creative. Service was top notch. Looking forward to going back sometime soon. A quiet little gem of a place that is my now my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Okay ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Food was wonderful and ambiance was vibrant and chic. Service was okay. Our waiter was responsible for too many tables so we never got bread, refills on water or asked how food was until we were finished eating. We've been here once before and had outstanding service so we are hoping this was just a fluke.Special Features:
- Very Good.. New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/19/2014The food is very good here. New menu featuring some raw bar options started since my last visit a few nights ago... the shrimp are excellent, very large. New scallop dish is also very nice. All in all a nice meal.
- Keeps ImprovingOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/15/2014Our third visit to this new place went well. I like the fact that they removed the sofas from the dining room and replaced them with tables. Also added an outdoor seating area. The chow was very good. Place on a Sunday night was not very busy. Hope people support the place... the area needs it.
- Nice surprise!dessyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Beautiful decor, great food and fantastic service.Special Features:
- lovely spot, excellent food!love2eatoutDined on 6/13/2014we were seated promptly, on time for our reservation friday night, our waiter arrived shortly thereafter and took our drink order and offered us our choice of still or sparkling water, my wine, Mt Beautiful Sav. Blanc is my favorite so I was very happy to see that. Good draft beer selection also. We shared a cesar salad that was very nice, maybe a hair over dressed, maybe. Flatbread pizza with mushrooms and scallops with lobster croquettes came next, the scallops were perfectly done, wonderful, the croquettes were a bit undercooked, they took them away and within a few minutes brought me a new plate, perfectly done! They were so kind about this, and the server and mgr both spoke to me, they handled it perfectly. We will return!Special Features:
- Great foodhungryitalianDined on 6/12/2014Felt like we were in Brookline or Cambridge; beautifully decorated and furnished. Food was excellent, waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Delish!JenniferACaliDined on 6/10/2014I recently took some customers here. They live in the area, but had never been to AK Bistro. All the locals were skeptical driving in, the area is not know for fine-dining, but everyone was very pleasantly surprised! This is one of the best meals I'd had in a long time, and the team I brought could not stop raving about it. The interior looks brand new with very high-end finishes. It is elegant and modern, but not stuffy, in every way possible. It's relatively small, perfect for our party of 8. We ordered a variety of dishes, all were perfect. I started with the chowder, which was one of the best I've every had! Each and every person was gushing about AK Bistro for the next several days. I truly can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- All aloneLuvsavVIPDined on 6/8/2014Went for Brunch on Sunday at 1:00. We were the only table in the dining room. The Ambiance and decor were beautiful. The staff friendly. The menu was very limited. I ordered the Ceaser Salad $10.00 which was very small for the money and very dry. The clam chowder was tasty but again very expensive. May try dinner sometime but never again for bruch.Special Features:
- great neighborhood findLSJKDined on 6/6/2014unexpected fine diniing in Franklin. A wonderful menu and very knowledgeable wait staff with suggestions at the ready. Our waiter selected a cheeseboard for us with flavorful cheese and fabulous homemade condiments. The roast chicken was problably the best I've had. Short rib was another standout. Fun cocktails too. Wait staff is outstanding. The restaurant is lovely with a wide variety of vignettes. Love the outside dining but... not particularly quiet or scenic. Put lots of potted plants and shrubs out there to make it more intimate. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- 2nd time to AKBillMcDined on 6/1/2014Once again my wife and I went there on an early Sunday evening, food was great, the Bar Tender was very good and we enjoyed. Great new addition to the Greater Franklin area for Foodies!Special Features: