14 East Central Street
Franklin, MA 02038Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artistrykitchen.com/
- Phone: 5085307440x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from AK Bistro
AK Bistro is a neighborhood gathering spot located in the heart of downtown Franklin, MA, where we recognize that attentive, personal service is still an important part of the food experience. Our team spends a lot of time searching for the finest quality ingredients from around the corner and beyond because we know that our local partners are also vested in providing the best the seasons have to offer. We take pride in taking these ingredients and turning them into culinary creations that are innovative, delicious yet approachable. We pair them with unique hand selected wines, craft beers and creative cocktails to provide the ultimate foodie experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
AK Bistro - Best Restaurants in Franklin ›
AK Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (45)romantic (33)notable wine list (20)great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (14)good for groups (12)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Suburb surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/12/2014It isn't often a restaurant opens in the suburbs that can make you feel like you drove to Boston for a night out. It was not only delicious, but also elegant and tastefully decorated inside. We really enjoyed ourselves and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Very Good but not consistentgymgirlDined on 8/10/2014We went to AK Bistro on a Friday for appetizers and drinks. It was a great experience - food, service- everything was 5 stars. Decided to go back 2 nights later, and a much different story. Food not as excellent, server less attentive, overall an experience that was so-so. I would go back again, but disappointed with lack of consistency.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food in FranklinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We were so thrilled to find a Boston quality restaurant right here in Franklin. We have not had a good upscale tasting restaurant, in Franklin, since Girards Bistro. The food was terrific! It tasted amazing the next day in my doggie bag. Service and drinks were top notch. can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Great Food!TESARDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent! The portions are much larger than your traditional bistro food! The cheese tray appetizer was great. ( something different for us) we usually get calamari...which we did and it was perfect! We will defineltly be back and recommend AK bistro to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with wife and parentsDanoDined on 8/2/2014I'm hard to please, possibly because I payed for college by waitering at an extremely high-end restaurant. Ryan was our waiter. He was great; knowledgeable, friendly, entertaining, and a good salesman. The food was excellent, but the breading on the calamari quickly became mush. When I mentioned this, I was told "sorry about that." The decor is very nice too. The only dislike was the table behind us of two 30 year-old guys and their 40 year-old ladies were obnoxiously loud to the point we couldn't hold a conversation without yelling across the table.Special Features:
- Hidden GemKatLakeDined on 8/2/2014My husband took me to AK Bistro to celebrate my birthday. We had read the amazing reviews online and had never even seen the restaurant before, even though it is close to us. Amazing food, lovely atmosphere, the best calamari I have ever had, and fun cocktails. We will definitely be back for the next special occasion!Special Features:
- PerfectFoody86VIPDined on 7/31/2014My second time here. Much improved from when they first opened. Better menu with perfect portion sizes. Had a fantastic cocktail called "Cape 'N Stormy" which was a play on a Dark 'N Stormy but with a local rum from Truro Mass. Service was on par with similar caliber restaurants in Boston. It's nice to see a restaurant like this close to where I live! We can't wait to bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be in Boston!BarbDined on 7/27/2014Food and service on a par with Boston restaurants, but reservations, traffic and parking much easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the ordinaryJohnnyBeagleDined on 7/26/2014Hard to believe I was still in Franklin. AK Bistro felt more cosmopolitan, maybe even European int he atmosphere. Wait staff was professional, hard to come by these days. Menu does not overwhelm with hundreds of choices, just a dozen or so wonderfully prepared entrees, a selection of appealing appetizers and wine list that left me wanting to come back soon.Special Features:
- excellentcaroleDined on 7/26/2014our 1st time and had a very good experience food very different but excellent!!! atmosphere outstanding We loved our waiter Andrew hot rosemary bread with olive oil really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiance but...oneilk4Dined on 7/25/2014The rest of the experience doesn't live up to the great decor. I have been twice for lunch and once for dinner. Lunch was good but the service a little slow. Prices were reasonable. Went for dinner the other evening and was disappointed. The patio dining is awesome though! The Caesar salads have too much Dijon in the dressing. The main course portions were inconsistent. The duck was a very small entree for $30 yet the chicken portion was massive. The cookie tray for dessert tasted like they came from a box or were previously frozen. I really want to love this place but I think it needs to step it up a bit in order to justify its prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGHLY Underrated GemWorcesterGalDined on 7/24/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience top to bottom. The cheese selections were superb, the crostini they serve with the cheese was fantastic and I couldn't stop eating it, the wine selection was perfect (Spencer helped me choose a great wine based on what I said I liked, and he was spot on!), the meals themselves were really tasty and most of all, I appreciated how Ryan (our server) took the time to understand my desire not to eat meat, and to stick to reasonable calories, and went out of his way to get amounts of ingredients for me, and made sure there was no meat in my dish (I really appreciated the care he exhibited!). I think this place is really special and more people should go! It's SO chic in there too. Awesome date spot.Special Features:
- Delightful SurpriseHungryTravelersVIPDined on 7/22/2014We hoped to find a pleasant place for lunch with friends. What we found was outstanding: delicious food, excellent service, upscale decor. The day boat scallops were terrific, as was the pastry platter which we shared. We enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthwhile Experience!thelastdonDined on 7/18/2014We had a small group to meet, enjoy lunch and discuss a project we are working on. Look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2014We booked on Open Table at the last moment, on July 3rd. We didn't know what to expect, given the holiday. When we walked in, we were greeted warmly, seated at a great table, and coddled by a friendly crew of servers. The food was very good, and the portions were large. The scallops with lobster croquettes were wonderful, as was the roasted chicken penne. We each had enough left over for lunch the next day. The asparagus salad was also delicious. The food was on a par with Cafe Assisi and Zebra (two of our favorite local restaurants). We'll definitely add AK Bistro to our rotation of favorite local restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Local FindBeachgal2Dined on 6/29/2014We went early enough so noise level was very low and good for us to communicate. Ambiance was great along with the service! Ryan (server) was friendly and checked on us frequently, but was not bothersome. Food was served in style and was very good. Missed having any kind of ravioli to choose from, but they have home-made pasta. Expensive but would recommend for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- AK Bistro - Better than Boston!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014First time to AK Bistro. Read the online reviews. Decied to take a chance for my wife's birthday celebration. A bit ashamed I had not stopped in earlier. I have no idea how long they've been in business, but they certainly have a professional, upscale, high-service establishment that serves excellent cocktails, apps, and entres. Server was polite and knowledgeable. Drinks arrived quickly. Brisket Flatbread used as an appetizer. Substantial-Too much for 2 people as an app, but that was our choice. Very delicious. Dinner arrived after we finished the flatbread. Scallops and Short Ribs. Could not have been more flavorful. Had some interested croquette-type accompaniments. Sauces were rich but not heavy. Too full for desserts. A+++ RatingSpecial Features:
- local find in FranklingreatdayDined on 6/27/2014I have lived in Franklin for 30 years and we have never had a great restaurant. Artistry Kitchen is the only "fine Dining" spot around. It has some of the best food I have had anywhere and the service was perfect. Don't let the unassuming location fool you. It is an experience as good as any found in Boston.Special Features:
- Great go to...drcolleenVIPDined on 6/25/2014We frequent this local restaurant and love it! The new menu is lovely and we look forward to trying more new options.Special Features:
- Brunch at AK BistroQueenie02019Dined on 6/22/2014Beautiful setting with exceptional food. Menu is varied and creative. Service was top notch. Looking forward to going back sometime soon. A quiet little gem of a place that is my now my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Okay ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Food was wonderful and ambiance was vibrant and chic. Service was okay. Our waiter was responsible for too many tables so we never got bread, refills on water or asked how food was until we were finished eating. We've been here once before and had outstanding service so we are hoping this was just a fluke.Special Features:
- Very Good.. New MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/19/2014The food is very good here. New menu featuring some raw bar options started since my last visit a few nights ago... the shrimp are excellent, very large. New scallop dish is also very nice. All in all a nice meal.
- Keeps ImprovingOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 6/15/2014Our third visit to this new place went well. I like the fact that they removed the sofas from the dining room and replaced them with tables. Also added an outdoor seating area. The chow was very good. Place on a Sunday night was not very busy. Hope people support the place... the area needs it.
- Nice surprise!dessyVIPDined on 6/14/2014Beautiful decor, great food and fantastic service.Special Features:
- lovely spot, excellent food!love2eatoutDined on 6/13/2014we were seated promptly, on time for our reservation friday night, our waiter arrived shortly thereafter and took our drink order and offered us our choice of still or sparkling water, my wine, Mt Beautiful Sav. Blanc is my favorite so I was very happy to see that. Good draft beer selection also. We shared a cesar salad that was very nice, maybe a hair over dressed, maybe. Flatbread pizza with mushrooms and scallops with lobster croquettes came next, the scallops were perfectly done, wonderful, the croquettes were a bit undercooked, they took them away and within a few minutes brought me a new plate, perfectly done! They were so kind about this, and the server and mgr both spoke to me, they handled it perfectly. We will return!Special Features:
- Great foodhungryitalianDined on 6/12/2014Felt like we were in Brookline or Cambridge; beautifully decorated and furnished. Food was excellent, waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Delish!JenniferACaliDined on 6/10/2014I recently took some customers here. They live in the area, but had never been to AK Bistro. All the locals were skeptical driving in, the area is not know for fine-dining, but everyone was very pleasantly surprised! This is one of the best meals I'd had in a long time, and the team I brought could not stop raving about it. The interior looks brand new with very high-end finishes. It is elegant and modern, but not stuffy, in every way possible. It's relatively small, perfect for our party of 8. We ordered a variety of dishes, all were perfect. I started with the chowder, which was one of the best I've every had! Each and every person was gushing about AK Bistro for the next several days. I truly can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- All aloneLuvsavVIPDined on 6/8/2014Went for Brunch on Sunday at 1:00. We were the only table in the dining room. The Ambiance and decor were beautiful. The staff friendly. The menu was very limited. I ordered the Ceaser Salad $10.00 which was very small for the money and very dry. The clam chowder was tasty but again very expensive. May try dinner sometime but never again for bruch.Special Features:
- great neighborhood findLSJKDined on 6/6/2014unexpected fine diniing in Franklin. A wonderful menu and very knowledgeable wait staff with suggestions at the ready. Our waiter selected a cheeseboard for us with flavorful cheese and fabulous homemade condiments. The roast chicken was problably the best I've had. Short rib was another standout. Fun cocktails too. Wait staff is outstanding. The restaurant is lovely with a wide variety of vignettes. Love the outside dining but... not particularly quiet or scenic. Put lots of potted plants and shrubs out there to make it more intimate. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- 2nd time to AKBillMcDined on 6/1/2014Once again my wife and I went there on an early Sunday evening, food was great, the Bar Tender was very good and we enjoyed. Great new addition to the Greater Franklin area for Foodies!Special Features:
- New find...OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/24/2014Was looking for a new restaurant and found one right in town! Very favorable experience this first time. Will be going back in a few weeks, hoping things continue as it, if so will add to the once a month visit list.Special Features:
- A Friday night dinner in Franklin.DaveDined on 5/23/2014We arrived on time to visit this new restaurant. I decided to go, even though the reviews were mixed. I found the menu interesting, and I am please that this restaurant is close to my home. We enjoyed oysters on the half shell, and we had scallops and the haddock special, two good choices. They did run out of one of the vegetables, and I also think the oysters. I enjoyed my IPA on tap, though I was surprised how strong it was (best to put % alc on the menu). Overall, I will be back to this restaurant.Special Features:
- wonderful new addition to FranklinsavvyDined on 5/21/2014had a very enjoyable dinner here. wait staff was excellent. food delicious. will certainly be back again.Special Features:
- went for husband's birthdaynachoDined on 5/18/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant. The service and food was exceptional. We also tried the beet salad which was delicious. Great wine and mixed drink list to choose from. Already has recommended to several friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice on Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/11/2014Our second visit here was enjoyable. Went for dinner on Mom's Day. Tried the scallops... highly recommended. Pork was good, not great. The flatbreads and goat cheese tart are excellent as is the soup. Mac and cheese ok but a little dry. They improved the bread since our first visit... very fresh, served warm. I look for this place to continue to improve over time.
- Great new spot in FranklinmarknyyDined on 5/9/2014This was our first time to AK Bistro and we will be going back. The food, service, and ambiance were great. A great addition to the restaurant scene in Franklin.Special Features:
- I would returnQueridoDined on 5/9/2014the overall experience by myself , my wife and another couple was very good. the two things that stand out otherwise were; # 1 the stools at the table along the street window were really uncomfortable. The cushion squished down to the frame at the edge and they had no backs. # 2 parking was an issue. we had to swing around the block twice before we found a spot. we had to walk a bit to get there. thank god it was not raining or frigid. as the title states " I would return "Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014It was a nice spot for lunch; a little pricey especially the wine list. The food was quite good.
- Enjoyed our first visit!MomsReviewsDined on 5/3/2014We were impressed with our first visit to AK Bistro and will definitely be back! The décor is lovely, very sophisticated but unpretentious. As others have mentioned, the seating is not all traditional and while I sat on a couch which was a little low it was fun. A little pricey for Franklin (entrees at $27) but the food was yummy - esp the brisket flatbread! We'll sit at the bar and order apps next time. They are planning an outdoor patio in the back for year round use. Our waiter Corey was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Addition to the RegionOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/26/2014Ownership should be congratulated for making the investment in this location. Franklin and the general region needs more places like this that are dedicated to excellent cuisine served in a nice environment. This place has a lot going for it. The chow is very good/excellent and the ambiance is very nice.. modern, clean, and a bit unusual with various sitting areas, couches, fireplace. Theres a nice bar and a food bar as well. Some seating doesn't appeal to me, but may please others... I guess you'll find your favorite spot. There's a retail area I need to explore more fully. Somewhat limited menu, some portions are on the small side... all excellent. A bit pricey. Young staff... time will help polish their skills. Will return!Special Features:
- The following 35 reviews are from the AK Bistro reviews archive.