14 East Central Street
Franklin, MA 02038Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.artistrykitchen.com/
- Phone: 5085307440x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from AK Bistro
AK Bistro is a neighborhood gathering spot located in the heart of downtown Franklin, MA, where we recognize that attentive, personal service is still an important part of the food experience. Our team spends a lot of time searching for the finest quality ingredients from around the corner and beyond because we know that our local partners are also vested in providing the best the seasons have to offer. We take pride in taking these ingredients and turning them into culinary creations that are innovative, delicious yet approachable. We pair them with unique hand selected wines, craft beers and creative cocktails to provide the ultimate foodie experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
AK Bistro - Best Restaurants in Franklin ›
AK Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (60)neighborhood gem (55)special occasion (46)romantic (32)notable wine list (23)great for outdoor dining (19)hot spot (18)good for groups (17)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Good restaurant in FranklinMservDined on 10/17/2014I really liked the ambiance of this restaurant - very modern and unique decor for a neighborhood establishment. Cocktails were delicious and unique. We were a large group of 12. Our waiter was great - very knowledgeable and accommodating to the group. The only negative was that all of our food did not come out at the same time (by several minutes) so while the folks who were served early politely waited for everyone else to be served, their food got cold....(We told them to start without us but they did not oblige). The restaurant was not crowded that night so the chef should have been able to send out all of our entrees together.
- Nice Spot in FranklinOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/17/2014Our second time here and both were great. Started with little necks for my wife and oysters got me. Fresh, ice cold. My wife had pork and I had rabbit ragu. Both were excellent. Service was prompt and courteous. Didn't mind that we wanted to linger a bit with our drinks before ordering. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentenviromuggsDined on 10/17/2014Great service..great food. We hope the community will support you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very HappyHarpoon1212Dined on 10/11/2014I was looking for a new place to try as I live in the Worcester area and I have seen the AK Bistro on the OpenTable site. I was very impressed with the decor of the restaurant with smooth relaxing color patterns and much detail paid to quality. It was a great place to bring a date and the food was very, very good. We loved the wine list as our server was very knowledgeable and very helpful. All in all, I will put AK Bistro in my top 3 restaurants in the Central MA area.Special Features:
- Nice find in FranklinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Good food, nice atmosphere, pleasant people, however very expensive for Franklin. Nice but overpriced...Special Features:
- Gourmet MealDonnalb48Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first visit to AK Bistro and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The food was delicious from the warm bread to the dessert. I thoroughly enjoyed my scallop dish, the tastes were complementary, and a bit unusual but wonderful. My only complaint would be that like so many other new restaurants, this one had poor acoustics and was noisy. I would definitely recommend AK Bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yay! A New Restaurant in Franklin!MimiDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I had been to AK Bistro for dinner over the summer and wanted to introduce our niece and her husband to it as we have similar tastes. We all went early (6pm) Saturday night and we all belonged to the clean plate club :) - I had the roast pork, my husband had his favorite, the short rib, my niece had the duck shephard's pie and her husband had the tagli.... pasta meal. For starters, we shared the beer cheese and the meatballs and they made a great pairing. Everyone but me had the apple crisp and loved it - I had the cookie treat plate and brought a few pieces home for my husband to try and that was yummy as well. The drink selection - between the choice of wines, beers and specialty cocktails was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time, great experiencemetsnationVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had our first dinner at the AK Bistro after hearing good things about it. The owners have done a real nice job on the ambiance. We sat in the front near the bar, but would most like to try the back during our next time there. The service was excellent. Our waiter came by about a half dozen times to check in at various points during the courses. The salads and steaks were delicious. The medium rare was more on the medium side, but was tender and flavorful. The asparagus and fritis were very good as well. We started off with the cheese plate as an appetizer and it was very good. No room for dessert! (But we'll try that next time). We'll be coming back.Special Features:
- FoodieinfranklinDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Great service. Wasn't too impressed with how close the tables were to each other. Could hear all conversations clearly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just What Downtown Franklin NeededBruinsRuleVIPDined on 9/19/2014Dined with friends on a Friday night. Design is chic, but simple enough to keep focus on the food. Nice bar area, with creative artisan cocktails and respectable craft beer menu. Selected a meat and cheese platter from a varied list. Clam chowder was excellent, with a smokey edge. Pumpkin soup with apple and sage was aromatic and delicious. No knife needed for the short rib, which was very flavorful. Scallops with pumpkin butter, gnocchi and maple bacon were great. Portions were not huge, but were hearty and filling. Not too much room for dessert, but we split the apple crisp. Great flavor in the apple crisp, although the texture of the apples were slightly on the crunchy side for me. Bar service was slow. Waitstaff was above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.FoodloverDined on 9/13/2014I've been dying to try AK Bistro ever since I heard rave reviews from friends on Facebook. It did not disappoint! We arrived early so we had time for a drink at the bar. The bartender was very professional and answered my questions about the craft cocktail menu (I ended up getting the English Channel, which was a creation including Pimms and muddled cucumber) - delicious. Once we moved onto dinner our server Corey was extremely friendly and knowledgable about the cheese and salumi selections which we enjoyed for an appetizer. My husband had the scallops and I had the herbed Campanelle for entrees and although I intended to save some of my entree for lunch the next day it I are every bite. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Friday night out!ToriDined on 9/12/2014The AK Bistro exceeded my expectations. Food, appearance Nd wait staff was excellent. I was so impressed and would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in Franklin CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/7/2014It's amazing to find this caliper of restuarant in Franklin center. Kudos to the owners for takign the risk. Beautifully decorated and it even has a nice little patio in the back. The menu is small as far as selection but wonderful and big on taste. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. This is the third time we've been since they opened and I think they're finally figured it out. Third time was a charm. I had the mushroom flat bread and a salad, all the ingredients were nice and fresh. My husband had the oysters which were from Wellfleet and delicious. My dad had the scallops, it came with a nice portion and the scallops were big. My mom had the risotto primavera also delicsious, very cheesy and full of summer veggies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guess I was hoping for moresidney963Dined on 9/6/2014It was very noisy and service was really slow. I was hoping for a little bit more from this new spot that has gotten such great reviews. It might be better for a nicer lunch.
- Great first visitrcs249VIPDined on 9/6/2014I decided to try this relatively new bistro while visiting family in Franklin, and I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious! Nicely decorated restaurant but they could use something to help bring the noise level down as it was quite hard to hold conversations with our party of 4. Otherwise I'd say that it was an outstanding evening!Special Features:
- UniqueCMelT04Dined on 9/5/2014This restaurant is unique in that it's located in downtown Franklin, but unlike other restaurants downtown, it brings an urban chic to Franklin. The décor is beautiful, and there are different choices for seating. The food is delicious, and the presentation is mouth-watering. They make a great martini and cosmopolitan--no skimping on the alcohol. The vibe is a little odd to me, though. When you first walk in, you're not sure you're all that welcome. I think that problem is solved if the waitstaff and greeter can be a little more outgoing. If a restaurant is great but pretentious, it's not going to be my first choice. However, there's one waiter who goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable. Last night's waiter was friendly as well.Special Features:
- Nice local restaurant!bowling300Dined on 8/24/2014Very nice inside, clean, variety of foods to purchase. Menu was good, I had the bolognaese, my wife the duck! Both items were excellent! Dessert we had the assorted pastries for 2.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousSocialDinerDined on 8/23/2014We recently brought our out of town friends here. We arrived early and sat at the beautiful bar. The bartender was warm and welcoming and made an amazing Raspberry Mint martini that was so good. Cory our waiter was fantastic and took the time to welcome us back. The food presentation was wonderful and delicious. The ambience and decor are spectacular. Love the outdoor seating! This restaurant is gem and we are lucky they have come to Franklin. Boston quality for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Addition to the Suburbs!SplewisVIPDined on 8/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our first dining experience at AK Bistro....and promise to be back! The food was delicious, excellent service and the restaurant is just beautiful! LOVED the beet salad! A layer of granola and pistachios on the bottom was like finding treasure and the flavor combo with the beets and dressing is perfect. Also enjoyed a cheese board (bonteparte is AMAZING!), duck breast, haddock and tomato soup. All very tasty! A great experience and look forward to returning soon....with friends!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014This was our 3rd trip to AK. We raved about it based on our 1st dinner and one lunch. However, the dinner this time was not on the same level as our first. The service was fabulous, but the food was just ok this time. Veggies were over cooked and the sauce on my food didn't even taste the same as the first time I had it. The beer cheese is AMAZING! We would definitely go back again, but would like to see more consistency with the food.Special Features:
- Suburb surprisejr2000Dined on 8/12/2014It isn't often a restaurant opens in the suburbs that can make you feel like you drove to Boston for a night out. It was not only delicious, but also elegant and tastefully decorated inside. We really enjoyed ourselves and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Very Good but not consistentgymgirlDined on 8/10/2014We went to AK Bistro on a Friday for appetizers and drinks. It was a great experience - food, service- everything was 5 stars. Decided to go back 2 nights later, and a much different story. Food not as excellent, server less attentive, overall an experience that was so-so. I would go back again, but disappointed with lack of consistency.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food in FranklinOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014We were so thrilled to find a Boston quality restaurant right here in Franklin. We have not had a good upscale tasting restaurant, in Franklin, since Girards Bistro. The food was terrific! It tasted amazing the next day in my doggie bag. Service and drinks were top notch. can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Great Food!TESARDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent! The portions are much larger than your traditional bistro food! The cheese tray appetizer was great. ( something different for us) we usually get calamari...which we did and it was perfect! We will defineltly be back and recommend AK bistro to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner with wife and parentsDanoDined on 8/2/2014I'm hard to please, possibly because I payed for college by waitering at an extremely high-end restaurant. Ryan was our waiter. He was great; knowledgeable, friendly, entertaining, and a good salesman. The food was excellent, but the breading on the calamari quickly became mush. When I mentioned this, I was told "sorry about that." The decor is very nice too. The only dislike was the table behind us of two 30 year-old guys and their 40 year-old ladies were obnoxiously loud to the point we couldn't hold a conversation without yelling across the table.Special Features:
- Hidden GemKatLakeDined on 8/2/2014My husband took me to AK Bistro to celebrate my birthday. We had read the amazing reviews online and had never even seen the restaurant before, even though it is close to us. Amazing food, lovely atmosphere, the best calamari I have ever had, and fun cocktails. We will definitely be back for the next special occasion!Special Features:
- PerfectFoody86VIPDined on 7/31/2014My second time here. Much improved from when they first opened. Better menu with perfect portion sizes. Had a fantastic cocktail called "Cape 'N Stormy" which was a play on a Dark 'N Stormy but with a local rum from Truro Mass. Service was on par with similar caliber restaurants in Boston. It's nice to see a restaurant like this close to where I live! We can't wait to bring friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be in Boston!BarbDined on 7/27/2014Food and service on a par with Boston restaurants, but reservations, traffic and parking much easier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the ordinaryJohnnyBeagleDined on 7/26/2014Hard to believe I was still in Franklin. AK Bistro felt more cosmopolitan, maybe even European int he atmosphere. Wait staff was professional, hard to come by these days. Menu does not overwhelm with hundreds of choices, just a dozen or so wonderfully prepared entrees, a selection of appealing appetizers and wine list that left me wanting to come back soon.Special Features:
- excellentcaroleDined on 7/26/2014our 1st time and had a very good experience food very different but excellent!!! atmosphere outstanding We loved our waiter Andrew hot rosemary bread with olive oil really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the ambiance but...oneilk4Dined on 7/25/2014The rest of the experience doesn't live up to the great decor. I have been twice for lunch and once for dinner. Lunch was good but the service a little slow. Prices were reasonable. Went for dinner the other evening and was disappointed. The patio dining is awesome though! The Caesar salads have too much Dijon in the dressing. The main course portions were inconsistent. The duck was a very small entree for $30 yet the chicken portion was massive. The cookie tray for dessert tasted like they came from a box or were previously frozen. I really want to love this place but I think it needs to step it up a bit in order to justify its prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIGHLY Underrated GemWorcesterGalDined on 7/24/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my entire experience top to bottom. The cheese selections were superb, the crostini they serve with the cheese was fantastic and I couldn't stop eating it, the wine selection was perfect (Spencer helped me choose a great wine based on what I said I liked, and he was spot on!), the meals themselves were really tasty and most of all, I appreciated how Ryan (our server) took the time to understand my desire not to eat meat, and to stick to reasonable calories, and went out of his way to get amounts of ingredients for me, and made sure there was no meat in my dish (I really appreciated the care he exhibited!). I think this place is really special and more people should go! It's SO chic in there too. Awesome date spot.Special Features:
- Delightful SurpriseHungryTravelersVIPDined on 7/22/2014We hoped to find a pleasant place for lunch with friends. What we found was outstanding: delicious food, excellent service, upscale decor. The day boat scallops were terrific, as was the pastry platter which we shared. We enjoyed every minute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Worthwhile Experience!thelastdonDined on 7/18/2014We had a small group to meet, enjoy lunch and discuss a project we are working on. Look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/3/2014We booked on Open Table at the last moment, on July 3rd. We didn't know what to expect, given the holiday. When we walked in, we were greeted warmly, seated at a great table, and coddled by a friendly crew of servers. The food was very good, and the portions were large. The scallops with lobster croquettes were wonderful, as was the roasted chicken penne. We each had enough left over for lunch the next day. The asparagus salad was also delicious. The food was on a par with Cafe Assisi and Zebra (two of our favorite local restaurants). We'll definitely add AK Bistro to our rotation of favorite local restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Local FindBeachgal2Dined on 6/29/2014We went early enough so noise level was very low and good for us to communicate. Ambiance was great along with the service! Ryan (server) was friendly and checked on us frequently, but was not bothersome. Food was served in style and was very good. Missed having any kind of ravioli to choose from, but they have home-made pasta. Expensive but would recommend for a nice evening out.Special Features:
- AK Bistro - Better than Boston!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/28/2014First time to AK Bistro. Read the online reviews. Decied to take a chance for my wife's birthday celebration. A bit ashamed I had not stopped in earlier. I have no idea how long they've been in business, but they certainly have a professional, upscale, high-service establishment that serves excellent cocktails, apps, and entres. Server was polite and knowledgeable. Drinks arrived quickly. Brisket Flatbread used as an appetizer. Substantial-Too much for 2 people as an app, but that was our choice. Very delicious. Dinner arrived after we finished the flatbread. Scallops and Short Ribs. Could not have been more flavorful. Had some interested croquette-type accompaniments. Sauces were rich but not heavy. Too full for desserts. A+++ RatingSpecial Features:
- local find in FranklingreatdayDined on 6/27/2014I have lived in Franklin for 30 years and we have never had a great restaurant. Artistry Kitchen is the only "fine Dining" spot around. It has some of the best food I have had anywhere and the service was perfect. Don't let the unassuming location fool you. It is an experience as good as any found in Boston.Special Features:
- The following 57 reviews are from the AK Bistro reviews archive.
- Great go to...drcolleenVIPDined on 6/25/2014We frequent this local restaurant and love it! The new menu is lovely and we look forward to trying more new options.Special Features:
- Brunch at AK BistroQueenie02019Dined on 6/22/2014Beautiful setting with exceptional food. Menu is varied and creative. Service was top notch. Looking forward to going back sometime soon. A quiet little gem of a place that is my now my favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.