AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern
120 W. Bunnell Ave
Homer, AK 99603Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 9072359949x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wine Bar, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: John Brown
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our Listening Room may be reserved for parties of 20 or more depending on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Darrel Oliver 9072359949x
- Entertainment: Dinner Music by Local Musicians including Alaska State's Balladeer, Hobo Jim
A word from AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern
AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern is located in the heart of Old Town and known locally as the "Historic Waterfront". We believe in amazing food, fun specialty drinks, and great entertainment! We value our guests and believe in goodwill and hospitality. AJ's is proud to be serving up the top 2% of USDA Prime Beef offered in the Nation and we like to top it off with a premium martini. We feature mouth-watering steaks & great seafood including Local Alaska Scallops, King Crab, Fresh Halibut & Salmon in a friendly old town atmosphere! This venue also offers fun family entertainment & dinner music. If your looking for food late...AJ's is the last Kitchen open in Homer. Established in 1941 as the Homer Cafe and Club it was the first bar in Homer and has been serving up delicious fare and drinks for over 70 years.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern - Best Restaurants in Homer ›
AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (6)good for groups (6)special occasion (5)romantic (3)hot spot (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- The Place for SteakDrfoodDined on 8/30/2014What a great find in Old Town Homer. Wonderful staff, great food and entertainment too. A place you MUST go to.Special Features:
- FriendlyLocalDined on 8/13/2014An excellent option for good dining. Staff was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014This was our first time to dine here and we were pleasantly surprised. The service was good and the food was good also. The Caesar salad was fresh and the scallop dish was delicious and very tender. The scallops were not warm....that is our only complaint. The chocolate dessert was wonderful. It is pricey! The restaurant filled up fast so get there early or make reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful local restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014The service and food was superb! We had a minor issue with our food and they went out of their way to correct it and ensure we were satisfied. They made us feel very special. I would recommend to everyone and hope to return soon.Special Features:
- A surprise diamond in the roughDMGAKVIPDined on 7/27/2014We were expecting good steak at this seemingly primarily locals steakhouse. WOW were we surprised. The steaks, a filet and skirt steak with chimichuri were both excellent. The really surprising part was how fabulous the vegetables. Too many steak houses toss some on for color and pay no attention to them. The local Kale was cooked to perfection- not stiff or harsh and not mushy. Still bright green, lightly sautéed with some garlic and melted in our mouths. The same for the carrots' not the typical overcooked or undercooked but PERFECT. The King Crab Bisque was delicious. The service was outstanding with the waitress being extra careful about checking certain dishes for ingredients due to allergies. AJ's is now on our must do Homer list.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic907GayleDined on 7/26/2014We have found our new favorite spot! AJ's food and service is always fantastic, when they have live music that is just a BONUS!Special Features:
- A Must Dine at Spot in Homer...DrfoodDined on 7/21/2014Great food and wonderful atmosphere for anyone. You will not find a better steak anywhere than here!Special Features:
- Best family restaurant in HomerAJsonBunnellDined on 7/2/2014We love AJ"s! The food is always good - succulent steaks, great seafood as well as good burgers and sandwiches - there is something for everyone. There is live entertainment several nights a week. During the summer you can see Alaska's state balladeer, Hobo Jim, on Tuesday and Wednesday nights - which is a MUST on your visit to Alaska. The staff is wonderful and goes out of their way to make sure you have a nice experience. A special shot out to Katherine at the bar and to Darrell, who is just about everywhere pitching in to make your time there memorable.Special Features:
- AJ's a hit with out-of-town guestsTxAlaskanDined on 6/21/2014Our out-of-town guests raved about the food and service at AJ's. They have three children, all under the age of 10, and they enjoyed their meals off of the children's menu. I would highly recommend AJ's for visitors and for just enjoying a night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not PleasedAkdinerDined on 6/10/2014We were seated very quickly. But was ignored by the staff. When the waitress did show up, she informed us that the kitchen wasn't keeping up with the crowd and told her not to take anymore orders yet. When food did arrive one dish was lukewarm. When asked to heat the plate up again it took another long time to return. When asked about the wait it seems that the kitchen staff forgot about it. All in all not a pleasant experience. Wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone and won't return. If they couldn't handle the crowd they shouldn't have taken the reservation.
- Nice FindHarrietVIPDined on 6/8/2014Not much to choose from in Homer, AK these days but AJ's was a find. I was reluctant to go to a steak house in a fishing town but decided to give it a try. We were pleasantly surprised. We shared the filet and scallops and both were quite good. The steak was cooked perfectly. We also shared the Caesar Salad which would have been perfect if it wasn't loaded with stems. Would return when back in Homer.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the AJ's Oldtown Steakhouse & Tavern reviews archive.