AJA - Atlanta
3500 Lenox Rd
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
AJA - Atlanta
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.h2sr.com/aja
- Phone: (404) 231-0001
- Hours of Operation:
* Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
* Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00 pm
* Thursday 4:00pm - 11:00pm
* Friday 4:00pm - 12:00am
* Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm
* Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southeast Asian, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chuckie Sunyapong - Charlie.Sunyapong@h2sr.com
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For Catering Information please call 404.231.0001
- Special Events: $5 Sushi Rolls and $1 Nigiri every Monday night 4pm to 9pm.
Sunday night enjoy $5 Dim Sum.
Sign up for your free Friend of Tom card and start saving 10%.
A word from AJA - Atlanta
Aja, a modern Asian Kitchen, features Asian small plates and family style dining. This two story environment consists of a private dining room which seats up to 50 guests, a 150 seat patio with views of the Buckhead skyline and sprawling lounge area where guests can enjoy dim sum, signature mai tai's and more! The restaurant is the home to a 10 ft brass Buddha that arrived straight from Thailand. Come enjoy all the 20 cuisine of the far east regions at Aja.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
AJA - Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (46)special occasion (39)romantic (37)fit for foodies (32)great for outdoor dining (31)great for lunch (30)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (24)scenic view (17)neighborhood gem (17)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Waiter was good.ArrianaDined on 11/21/2014My reservation was at 8:45 for 15 didnt sit down at my table until 10:00pm. Not sure why I had to wait still if my party was there and I was on time. We had two kids at the table and they were not given kids menus. I had to get up, go to the front, and ask for two kids menus myself. We ordered drinks then food. We waited about 45 minutes for our food. Big party, understandable, I guess. They forgot one person's dish. The food was good but not the best. We've had better from Aja. Different chef perhaps. For dessert my mom bought a graduation cake in, in which they charged a $15.00 outside food fee. All in all the customer service from the hostess in front could be a lot better. We had a good waiter so that helped. Food was good but not as good as my previous visits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food good but the service poorHandysmurfDined on 11/11/2014I like the ambiance of the place especially for drinks after work. Food is very good but on the recent visit the dining room way staff was not very responsive and quite unfriendly.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceRokyDined on 11/4/2014Very Good Food - Not too mant vegetarian choices. Nice ambiance. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spotBeaDDined on 10/31/2014Great place to hang with friends or have drinks. Very nice restaurant and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- grest atmosphreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Friendly staff great atmosphere. .food is always good. The wsiter service could have been more knowledgeable and quick with telling us what wasnt available. This way we could pick another appetizer. But other than that..everything was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!!DeeB83Dined on 10/25/2014My boyfriend brought me here to celebrate my birthday and it was an awesome experience. I loved everything about the restaurant. We arrived at 5:30pm and we received excellent service from that point on. My server was awesome!! I ordered the bbq'd duck and the only thing about it was the skin was a bit fatty. :( Other than that, 5 stars!!!!!!Special Features:
- Great restaurant, decent foodKristinWVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is a beautiful restaurant with a great patio and bar. The menu is extensive, but the food is just average. Some items are better than others but that's true at just about any restaurant. I only go there when it's warm enough to sit on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite spotBlkpearle3VIPDined on 10/17/2014great menu selection, great ambiance, great service, love Shauncy he always remembers you and treats you special like you're his only table. my favorite waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/4/2014I have been to this restaurant several times and enjoyed the food and ambiance each time:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodsuzaQDined on 9/29/2014Gorgeous decorations, fantastic sushi ($5 Monday special!), polite staff. The only drawback for me is it's quite loud. But we will be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceGreatFoodGoodTimeDined on 9/27/2014This was my second visit and I had the opportunity to meet the managemrnt who was very kind & friendly. The dining experience was very exquisite and the food was absolutely delicious once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious74songsDined on 9/13/2014Great food and service! I will definitely return and recommend it to friends.Special Features:
- Great foodFoodie34Dined on 9/12/2014Aja has delicious food with good presentation and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Great for Lunch!FoodTDined on 9/10/2014We love the food. The hosts are friendly and the service is good.Special Features:
- Bad day but usually greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/5/2014Love Aja. Love going and am a regular but today was just horrifying because our server not only took 20 mins to take our order another 20 to get the check and another 20 to get the receipt with the cc sign lage, but when I asked him to speed it up he yelled at me saying don't teach me how to do my job and told me he doesn't give a sh*t about me and asked me to get the f out. I've spoken to the manager and he says he will address it so let's see. Hopefully won't happen again. I'm definitely going back because I like the place and this was unusual but anyway that's what happened and it's sadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of My fav Top Restaurants!Herrera1988Dined on 8/31/2014Love this place i Always go here great food great Atmosphere!,if your looking to go to great Asian fusion,this is the top restaurant on the list great for date eating out with friends even have privet rooms to book for baby showers and or birthday partys Sushi and staff is amazing! will be back soon! ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was very good/Service averageMikeVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good. Service was average at best. Server was missing in action for a while. Persons that delivered food to table never spoke to us or even smiled once.Special Features:
- Good DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014We love Sushi Restaurant. One of the better ones we have been to. Noise level can be loud,, but very nice atmosphere, service was on par, and our food was good. My only thing is the main bathroom for ladies are up a high amount of stairs.. There is a single one in lobby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aja as usual delivers!!ShridarDined on 8/25/2014Aja has become fairly standard for either large birthday parties or business lunches or dinners and Monday was a business dinner. The big surprise now is that Aja has changed its menu and its almost all Sushi / Sashimi. I liked their previous menu which was a mixture of Chinese, Thai, Malaysian and Japanese fare with a bit of a fusion twist Since I am not that much of a Sushi person, I was forced to choose from the small selection of Chinese entrees. Just to give you a sense, 4 of the 6 guests ended up ordering some variation of Fried rice. Having said that -- the appetizers were great, my fried rice was good and the service was as per usual outstanding All in all a good experience but Aja is now geared towards Sushi / Sashimi lovers.Special Features:
- Added Bonus FREE valet parking!LoveditDined on 8/24/2014Overall great dining experience. The restaurant staff was very warm and welcoming. Perfect for a dinner party. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and staff!!. Jimmy and Mama are a stable and joy to see at AJA.Special Features:
- Finally made it!BargirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014I've been trying to get here for the longest but this is one of those restaurants that's constantly busy or booked especially if you're trying to go for dinner. So the solution was to go for lunch and it didn't disappoint. The sushi was top notch and they have a great variety of Asian cuisine. I loved the fact that all spicy items were really spicy versus the tamed down version you get at some places. Considering it was my first time, the bartender was also very patient in going through the menu and telling me her favorites which were all great suggestions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not a fancat14VIPDined on 8/12/2014i used to eat at aja every monday for their awesome $5 sushi menu. i went back for the first time in a few months and found they completely changed their menu and i'm not a fan. the roll selection is minimal and not the best.
- Always SatisfiedJeffVIPDined on 8/11/2014Attentive staff, well thought out menu, daily specials are some of the best in the city and very good price for the quality you receive. One of my regular venues for lunch.Special Features:
- Surprise BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Recently planned a surprise bday dinner for a Sunday afternoon @ 5 pm. The staff was very accommodating. I gave them told them two days in advance and they were still able to pull together our seating arrangements. Our waitress Nina was awesome. she knew a lot about the menu & recommended appetizers and drink which we ended up trying. She played close attention to a the little details and was very attentive to the group. Overall, I plan on coming back to Aja.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service!kanikabDined on 8/9/2014Aja's food is plentiful and delicious but the service and ambiance really keep you mount back. Great spot for lunch with colleagues or friends, birthday dinners, date nights, or just drinks in the lounge-like area or on the expansive and very cool patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experienceNapacastroDined on 8/7/2014The the lettuce wraps are very very good, not enough compared with pf changs, and more expensive. The rack of ribs was too salty, I don't know if it was mine or the sauce taste like that. The atmosphere inside is great, the patio has a beautiful view. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014We had my daughter's Sweet 16 Birthday dinner at Aja's this past Saturday 8/2 and everything was absolutely wonderful. The girls enjoyed the food, set up outside was nice and our waitress (I forgot her name, I think it was Jewell) was so great and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Great, GreatJeffVIPDined on 8/1/2014Great as Always!!!!!!!!!!! Atmosphere, staff, menu and daily specials are the best ....... well thought out menu .......... wait staff energetic, attentive and gracious.Special Features:
- The following 856 reviews are from the AJA - Atlanta reviews archive.
- food is what it isoodooDined on 7/28/2014Sushi was at best average. Service was horrible. They kept trying to kick us out st 9pm. Not sure why. Felt rushed to sign the check. Tried to take it w/o credit card 4 times in like 5 minutes. Staff not good at recognizing cues. Had to ask for silverware/chopsticks. Valet was good.Special Features:
- Very disappointed in new menuNonCDined on 7/25/2014Was excited to be going back to Aja since the last time I went was in April. Unfortunately, the menu has changed since then. My favorite salad AJA salad is no longer on the menu and they can't even make it upon request. Ordered the ginger salad with mixed greens...nothing special. The calamari was way too salty and tasted like it had been cooked earlier and warmed up for us. The Miami Vice sushi roll was horrible, we actually had to send it back. The rice was mushy and the cream cheese overpowered everything. The only decent item was the seafood low mein. But we were so disappointed by then it didn't change our experience. I don't recommend this restaurant any more. Sadly, it used to be one of my favs.
- Asia - AJAgoboseDined on 7/19/2014The service/knowledge level is quite low and inexperienced. They really need to hire a consultant (somebody) who has professional level experience in waiting tables. The ambience desperately calls for it. They have a very nice outdoor eating/drinking area that is empty of patrons when it should be packed. They dress sloppy, leave the table sloppy, over pour glasses, forget utensils, etc. For another $10 per person max, you can eat at St Cecilia, The Optimist or Lure and receive far superior overall dining experience. The lack of professionalism is hurting this place. The food was very good although the calamari was over salted. My $20 Red Snapper was very good but not anywhere near the level of the aforementioned.Special Features:
- The ocassion was for my BirthdayGreatFoodGoodTimeDined on 7/19/2014The service was Friendly, Prompt, & Professional. There is plenty of space do there was no waiting. The menu is superb, as it introduced to new cuisine which we devoured and enjoyed, fully. I had a Great Time. Definitely going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmartrakDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food! Great ambience. Fast service. Moderate size portions. Good location for hosting corporate or private events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tonet60Dined on 7/12/2014We had a wonderful time. Our waitress was very helpful, and friendly. Great service.Special Features:
- Great Happy HourNorthnightoutDined on 7/10/2014Great place for after work cocktails and happy hour specials. Not too crowded, but lively - and delicious sushi! Nice decor package too.Special Features:
- MicsmomVIPDined on 7/7/2014Always delicious and you can't beat $5 sushi night on Mondays! Always great service, especially from Devon!Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014never received beverage, order hot soup and had to remind waiter three time before he put order in. over an hour for entree, food was greatSpecial Features:
- TxguyTxguyVIPDined on 7/5/2014Noise level at the bar very loud, would not recommend it for food service. Service outside patio is slow. Very vibrant atmosphere and would recommend making reservation.Special Features:
- Good FoodCrisVIPDined on 7/5/2014The food it tasty. Portions were sizable. The service was a little slow but we were in no hurry. Overall a great food experience.Special Features: