Aioli Bodega Espanola
1800 L Street
Sacramento, CA 95818Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Aioli Bodega Espanola
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://aiolibodega.com/
- Phone: 9164479440
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30 AM - 2:30 PM; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Pablo Hernandez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please come in or give us a call to discuss your particular catering needs.
- Entertainment: We have a latin guitar player playing Thursday, Friday, and most Saturdays.
A word from Aioli Bodega Espanola
Welcome to Aioli Bodega Espanola where our authentic food, wine and ambiance will transport you to Andalusia. We provide tapas, entrees and desserts for lunch, dinner, private events, and catering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Aioli Bodega Espanola - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Aioli Bodega Espanola reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (57)great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (55)romantic (42)special occasion (40)notable wine list (26)good for groups (19)great for lunch (14)hot spot (12)late-night find (9)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- We had a great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014This was my second experience at Aioli Bodega Espanola, both times with a group of 8 or more people, and it's a great place to take a group. The tapas menu has many choices and all of the food was excellent. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We will go back. Went with a group of ten. Wanted to experience tapas. Our waiter enthusiastically gave suggestions and we went with them. They brought three of each dish, including. Very fun to share. Accommodating staff. Great location. Will go back as a group, perhaps not all ten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all roundPatrickVIPDined on 10/13/2014took a group of 13 their staff handled us flawlesly.Special Features:
- Beautiful Outdoor PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2014Gorgeous outdoor patio area, good food, great drinks, and loved the spread you gave with the bread!Special Features:
- Tapas at its best a perfect place.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/11/2014We arrived and asked to sit in the courtyard. It was a great treat when we found out there was going to be a live soft jazz band. It made the evening that much better. The food was so good. I ordered the Bacala. My husband generally does not like salted cod, but he could not get enough of it. The potions are perfect for splitting and sampling a lot of dishes. High marks for food and the lovely hidden courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speed tapasBallzinplayDined on 10/10/2014We've dined here many times over the years. This was the first time we had a young waiter and that changed the entire experience. We ordered a bottle of wine & tapas and we're looking forward to a slow paced parade of delights, but we're told "here they come" and the food showed up more like a drive by shooting. The food and wine were very good and what we expected, the presentation, not so much. I entered a note that this was our 37th wedding anniversary dinner when getting the reservation, but that was not read until after the meal and I was telling the maitre'd about the experience. There will be a next time, but I will phone in the reservation and be specific in my request.Special Features:
- Great place!AshleekDined on 9/29/2014We found this restaurant on opentable and absolutely love it! So cute and amazing food :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Food and service was fantastic! It is now on my list of places to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!kaadDined on 9/26/2014Had a wonderful meal and service, thanks for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LivesNearbyDined on 9/25/2014So glad we ate here! Four of us shared about 8 tapas and an entree (the latter equivalent to 2 tapas). Everything was excellent - many wonderful flavor combinations. We are not red meat eaters so we stuck with the many fish and several vegetarian options. The waiter really knew his wines and even turned back our first bottle because it had spoiled (it was a $52 bottle). He gave us great service. We ate out on the patio, which was not busy when we first arrived so it was quiet and private. Overall a wonderful experience. I highly recommend Aioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ooutstanding restaurant!JColDined on 9/22/2014Aioli's has great food, but no one has better service. And the inside seats are great - but the patio seats in good weather are fantastic! And if you don't know what to order, the staff has great suggestions. We had tapas - stuffed tomato, grilled shrimp, and portabello mushroom with goat cheese and sautéed in wine. Each dish was fantastic. The scallops tapa is to die for, as is the salmon tapa. If we had had time, the paella is superb!Special Features:
- Nice eveningDiningoutDined on 9/19/2014We had reservations, but got delayed by a third party; nonetheless, Aioli's was accommodating and seated us immediately when we arrived well past our reservation time. The outdoor patio was an excellent site for a very pleasant dinner. The staff was attentive, courteous and friendly. The food was excellent. We have dined at Aioli's before and always have enjoyed the experience. Definitely will dine there again and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Spanish Gem in MidtownwineanddinerDined on 9/16/2014Aioli Bodega is about my favorite restaurant in mid-town Sacramento. If it seems too quiet to enter, it is probably because all of the smart customers are enjoying the charming patio dining, listening to the trickle or a fountain beneath the foliage of giant trees. Whether you order the price-fixed luncheon, or one of the delicious "bocadillos" you can't go wrong at this restaurant. The tapas are a real treat -- two of my favorites being the pulpo (octopus) and the anchovies. My husband and I came out to lunch here and felt totally transported to another place. Terrific value, luscious food, excellent wine choices. How can you go wrong?Special Features:
- GreatNightoutDined on 9/13/2014We wanted to have Tapas but weren't sure what yo order. Our waiter offered to chose a menu for us and he did a great job. Cold dishes, then seafood, then red meat, then dessert. Excellent experience and food.Special Features:
- always excellentjeckleinVIPDined on 9/5/2014we have been coming here for 5+ yrs and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/1/2014The host was very warm, but the waiter was in a hurry - he didn't even give us his name. The food was very average and over cooked. There was nothing special about this place so a bit disappointing.
- Have Cocktails ElsewhereSacLoversDined on 8/31/2014The cocktails were stingy in size and mediocre in taste. The paella was generous in quantity. We bypassed the pork so the rice was a little dry. Romantic outdoor setting but flies were a bummer. Staff were friendly but stretched a little thin.Special Features:
- mmmdjs1234Dined on 8/31/2014This foursome, while not perhaps supremely sophisticated, independently suggested that the food was not as nuanced as other Midtown Sac places, say Magpie. One couple would have been as happy at Lowbrau (20th and K).Special Features:
- Cozy patio!!FINEDINERDined on 8/30/2014Have eaten here several times, but first time out on patio. Great patio for warm Sacramento nights; good spacing between tables We had a late reservation (9:45PM) for dinner to accommodate friends who had driven from So. Cal. Had several tapas with drinks and visitors did entire meal with tapas. Entrée was quite filling after tapas; another tapa could have substituted for the entrée. Wine list extensive, service excellent, as were desserts. Will definitely return again, especially for late night dining, which is hard to find in Sacramento. If warm weather remains, dining will definitely be in the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OldiesDined on 8/29/2014We had only dined here once before, and it not only exceeded our last experience, but our expectations as well. Fabulous wait staff, helpful and didn't make us feel like dummies because of our unfamiliarity with tapas. The food was superb, great variety, and lots of it. The sangrias are great, and the price very reasonable for an evening with 5 adults. Great place, fun experience, will definitely do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceSacman51Dined on 8/29/2014Our first time here and will definitely be back. Our server James went out of his way to explain the menu (menu has 96 items), how much food to plan for each person (Tapa's) and specific details regarding the wine list.Special Features:
- Relaxed and DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/27/2014As always, such a nice dining experience. The food is consistently good and the service competent and friendly.Special Features:
- Great date nightFolsomdinerDined on 8/22/2014We were told our outdoor table would be ready in ten minutes. So, we waited. We did have reservations. But a group of 4 came in, who knew the staff, they were immediately seated outside, and suddenly our table would now take much longer. Since we had time constraints, we had to eat inside. We were disappointed, as we came all the way from Folsom for an outdoor dining experience. Oh well, food was still pretty good, service (aside from our seating mishap), was great. But not so sure we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperiorOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/19/2014Once again we enjoyed outdoor seating by the fountain, under the grape vines and lights, with the ambiance and taste reminiscent of a cafe back in Spain. We look forward to many more years of enjoying this top-tier Sacramento culinary gem.Special Features:
- Fab Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014The outside garden terrace is divine! A transport to Spain or Italy. Food is phenomenally decadent. James was a fun, personable server who made sure we were well cared for. Two thumbs up! Will definitely return on another visit to Sacramento.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NicaheroDined on 8/6/2014Seating was a little late and tables are really snug, but the food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD FOOD WITH AVERAGE SERVICE1KTravelerVIPDined on 8/2/2014Aioli is one of my "go to" restaurants in Sacramento, so I was looking forward to dinner. I asked for two courses, "chefs's choice" with wine pairing. After a quick delivery of the first course, I waited and waited - almost one hour - for the second course to arrive. The main was a mixed grill of lamb, chicken and sausage. While it was tasty, the lamb and chicken were overcooked and unremarkable. I think the kitchen forgot about my order and they scrambled last minute to deliver. The wine pairing was nice. Overall, it was an unimpressive experience and not a great memory.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish Gem in SacramentoYummDined on 8/2/2014All was wonderful. Server was timely and on the spit, knew the menu well but could have done without the banter. If you have to answer a question 1000 times don't tell me you have had to answer it a thousand times just answer the question. But it was fine because the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good tapas!OhmyqueenDined on 8/1/2014if you ever have cravings for spanish foods in sacramento, i would recommend here. The food is consistently good & they open late on weekends. We went for late friday date nite dinner & we had a good time. we had 3 kinds of tapas(cheese & dried/smoked meats, duck, & scallops) & a combination pallera. They were good & came out faster than usual since there were only 3 tables. we'll definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super experienceMangansonDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant was great, the owner, the waiter, the food, the live music. One of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2014It was very loud. The corkage fee was high at $20.00 and they charged us the fee for both bottles. All other restaurants (many) only charge for one bottle when we have two. I think our waiter was new and didn't know the menu too well.
- Unique Food ExperiencetennistoniDined on 7/13/2014It had been a number of years since I had been here. The scene is more vibrant and the food is very good, different, unique and great tasting. Because it was Bastille Day, it was busy but the service was very good and the noice level was very tolerabel, a number of larger parties wete there but it was not noisy. I will abe back. I loved the vegetable tapas, we ordered one other tapa in addition to our entrees but the vegetable one was really good and a wonderful surprise. Desert was great, the Catalan flan, different tasting than others, but good and big. Sangria was also good with the different item we had.Special Features:
- Excellent! As always!dinnerfortwoDined on 7/12/2014Regardless of the occasion, we highly recommend Aioli Bodega Espanola. The staff treats everyone like family, the wait staff is professional and completely understand the food they are serving. The wine list is extraordinary and compliments the menu beautifully. Their food has remained consistently delicious year after year, maybe a change here and there based on seasonality, however it's nice to know that you can enjoy the same fantastic food every time you visit. Everything on the menu is spectacular. We know, we've tried it all!Special Features:
- The service and food are amazingEathealthyDined on 7/3/2014We have eaten here a few times we just walk in and ask the waiter to order for us were gluten free and that's not an issue, they always do an amazing jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely worth itgarlandDined on 7/3/2014I thought their paella was a little lacking, arborio rice can be hit or miss. but aside from all that the rest made up for it! We were a group of four and ordered many hot and cold plates (in addition to paella). Service was courteous and they had live music which really added to their nice outdoor seating area.Special Features:
- Vinnie BLovemesomefoodDined on 7/2/2014Highly recommend this place! I could eat the Paella three days a week. The service was outstanding and the music on the outside patio was a nice touch! I will most definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseOllieDined on 6/28/2014Overall a good experience. We had a combination of tapas and main courses each which were excellent. My only negative is the waiter required that we order the main course before the tapas and wine. We thought this was because it took a long time to prepare but then the main course were delivered at the same time as the tapas. We felt rushed. We were in and out of the restaurant in less than an hour for dinner. Great Spanish guitar player.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss you in DavisFoodFanaticDined on 6/28/2014I was just in the mood for Aioli, and so glad we came all the way to Sacramento to enjoy your small dishes and paella for two. I sure do miss you in Davis!! This was our first time to the Sacramento location, and I have to say, I was very impressed. The garden was lovely, nicely shaded and the splashing, colorful fountain added just the right touch. As usual, the food was a treat for the senses. We had seared tuna, figs and chick peas (sensational!), and the mushroom paella, all beautifully presented and devoured with delight. For dessert we shared the flan, which is always fabulous, and did not disappoint. Service was a bit slow. It took a long time for me to get my sparkling water (the tap is meh). Everything else, though, was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good!jeckleinVIPDined on 6/26/2014We have been going here for the last 5 years and at least 6-8 times a year. They never let us down. Joseph is a terrific server! The ambience is very comfortable. Not stuffy. Fun and livelily. The Betabel salad with arugula is always terrific. All the plates are good and consistently good. Highly recommend this place! It's one of our favorites.Special Features:
- The following 386 reviews are from the Aioli Bodega Espanola reviews archive.
- I like itEnjoyDiningOutVIPDined on 5/31/2014I know that tapas are small plates, but the portions of olives & mushrooms are a bit skimpy. The gravlox is delicious! The paella is very filling, & a generous portion. The chocolate mouse is rich & delicious. The waiter recommended the perfect wines They could work on their pacing... we would've enjoyed a slower, better paced meal w/ a break between courses.Special Features: