1303 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109-4613Neighborhood:
MoroccanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.aichasf.com/
- Phone: 4153459947
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 12:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Moroccan
- Executive Chef: Marouan Hajjoubi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout
A word from Aicha
In our opinion, the term Traditional does not only pertain to food. It applies to the way we do things, from conception to inception- how our concept evolves, how our team members interact with one another, and ultimately how it all translates to the customer's experience. To reach out to its broad spectrum of clients, Aicha uses a three-tier business approach that involves restaurant, take-out, retail and catering. It is also committed to its workers, the community and the environment. Through responsible business practices, Aicha will help set the standards for exceptional customer service, dynamic work environment coupled with environmentally friendly activities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Aicha reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (3)romantic (2)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- DELICIOUSDineTownVIPDined on 8/20/2014The food was just delicious. The royal couscous contained all kinds of meats they serve and all of them tasted much better than similar restaurants. The merquiz (moroccan lamb sausage) is not to be missed. The baklawa was OK.
- lamb magdhourVHung08VIPDined on 6/26/2014I finally figured out the dish I like! I always go knowing it's a lamb dish but I always order the wrong one! Well, I found it! And I will be going back every chance I get~
- The following 33 reviews are from the Aicha reviews archive.
- reasonable and goodDoormanDined on 3/2/2014Moroccan food is often hit and miss. This little place on the side of Nob Hill in San Francisco is unpretentious and welcoming. Our food was well prepared tasty. It is a BYOB place as they have no liquor license and seemingly no great desire to get one. The bill was very fair and although the meal was nothing to write home about. It was very good and the bill went down easily too.Special Features:
- Great, under-stated Moroccan gem!BartShulmanDined on 2/14/2014Aicha has fantastic food, and most of the diners are repeat customers who know the owner well. The owner and servers are all friendly and warm, and did I mention the food is fantastic?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!norbert72Dined on 11/28/2013Our recent dinner at Aicha was excellent - we solicited recommendations from the server, and were quite impressed with those. We tried several appetizers, and all were top-notch, and generously portioned - I was pleasantly stuffed before I even got to the entree. The accompanying mint tea was very tasty as well. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Food - Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/28/2013Most of my positive reviews have to do with value - the money I spend should seem appropriate for the value received. Aicha provides that. The food is perfectly conceived based on the traditional menu and flavors. And it's one of those rare places where they make the food seem effortless, though the balance of spices is perfect. The Kefta is really great here. And so is the service. Bon Appétit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2013I loved this place! The food was amazing and the staff were great. We were waited on by the owner and he really took pride in his place. Make sure to get the mint tea and chicken bastilla - both are heavenly! The lamb was the best I've ever had. Really, I can't say enough good things about here - just go try it yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time at restaurantFoodieVIPDined on 5/2/2013Second time at restaurant seemed like they made food ahead of time
- Delicious Oasis on PolkMGustaveDined on 5/2/2013Delicious food, graciously served. A warm, casual, family environment along a stretch of Polk that veers to the noisy and hectic. The place is simply, yet thoughtfully, decorated. We loved the bastilla, the salads, the roasted chicken special, and the mint tea. Our server was welcoming and very helpful about explaining the different dishes. I look forward to my next visit.Special Features:
- Authentic Moroccan CuisineahogenDined on 4/28/2013Aicha is an unpretentious restaurant that serves delicious Moroccan food at reasonable prices. We had the traditional lentil soup, lamb tagine, and lamb in a tomato sauce, followed by a traditional Moroccan pastry. The portions were generous. Our server was attentive yet unobtrusive and the service was prompt. The décor is pretty basic. Aicha has the feel of a good, down to earth, neighborhood ethnic restaurant. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great food and service forlosancianosDined on 4/27/2013Great food and service for a local small restaurant. Food was fresh flavorful and well prepared. Will return againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the RoughOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013Aicha has superb Moroccan dishes. My wife and I both felt we were in Morocco: the cuisine is authentic. The service is intimate and helpful. They do not currently have an alcoholic beverage license, but the proprietor told us that patrons are welcome to bring their own bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Surprising find. Great BastillaFoodieVIPDined on 3/29/2013Surprising find. Great Bastilla great preparation. Hot and very fresh. We will returnSpecial Features:
- Great food wonderful preparationFoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2013Great food wonderful preparation especially fish tangiene. Tasty large amounts we will. Return
- Great Value, Authentic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/10/2013Aicha serves very good Maroccan food in a very unassuming setting that's well located. The server is polite and very efficient. As a person who prepares Maroccan and orders it in France from transplanted Maroccan families, Aicha compares favorably.Special Features:
- They don't serve alcohol,JeremyCDined on 3/10/2013They don't serve alcohol, but allow you to bring it in.Special Features:
- Fantastic food: very authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013Fantastic food: very authentic and fresh! I have been to Morocco 2x and found Aicha to be most similar to my dining experiences there (minus the inevitable traveler's food safety issues). The service was excellent and very prompt: our glasses were never empty, and our food arrived mere minutes after ordering.Special Features:
- Unassuming ambiance, but thebaygalVIPDined on 1/19/2013Unassuming ambiance, but the food is delicious. I have never had a bad meal here. The lamb tagine with prunes is the best!!Special Features:
- Excellent MorroccanOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/11/2013Amazing and authentic Morroccan food. Excellent and prompt service. Great find!Special Features:
- Excellent Food , but makeBribuDined on 12/15/2012Excellent Food , but make sure to byob cause they don't have a liquor licenseSpecial Features:
- my last Moroccan experienceVHung08VIPDined on 11/9/2012my last Moroccan experience was nowhere near this great. I love the food here, the chewy lamb kebab i'd love to come back just for this dish! The only thing I'd wish would improve is the decor, or lack thereof. They were playing pop music, which I thought hindered my overall experience. Please consider taking the opportunity to educate your customers about Moroccan culture =)Special Features:
- Very very pricy for a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2012Very very pricy for a place looks and feel like a fast food pizza place. Needs more work on the decor. only the lamb shank was good.
- This is a "hole in the wall"OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2012This is a "hole in the wall" little place, but the food was great and we will go back. They don't serve alcohol but were fine with people bringing in their own wine/beer. This is not an "atmosphere" restaurant - go for the food. Everything we ordered was delicious.
- Went for lunch with a largeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/7/2012Went for lunch with a large group and we each enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:
- My husband and I had dinnerFoodieDined on 6/9/2012My husband and I had dinner at Aicha last weekend. The food was tasty and the portions were generous. We would recommend the kebabs and the chicken tagine!
- Aicha is a great place forOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 6/4/2012Aicha is a great place for good Moroccan food in a low key, easy-peezy-lemon-squeezy environment. The portions are large and the price, inexpensive. The service was wonderful! I'll be returning!Special Features:
- The food was disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/2/2012The food was disappointing and not the typical quality of good Moroccan cuisine, but at least the prices were inexpensive. I would not recommend this restaurant if you're knowledgeable about Morocccan food.
- Walked past this place a thousandnycfoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2012Walked past this place a thousand times never noticing, but saw on Open Table and decided to try. Wonderful!!Special Features:
- This is a small, non splashyOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/5/2012This is a small, non splashy restaurant with very good Moroccan food. It is an exceptional value. The owner and the server were friendly and helpful, if you don't know what to order. No beer or wine, but you can bring your own. We'll be back for the food.Special Features:
- Great Moroccan JointyoyogadgetVIPDined on 4/21/2012I think this is a an awesome, low-key place. Everything was tasty on the menu, but the chicken in phyllo was particularly yummy. Love their wine policy too. Very casual and laid back. Best deal is the Prie Fixe. 3 courses for $23.. how can you go wrong?Special Features:
- Great food! Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/10/2012Great food! Great service! will definitely come back!Special Features:
- We booked early for a SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2012We booked early for a Saturday dinner and thought we would have our choice of tables, but the restaurant started filling up quickly with what seemed to be regular patrons, who appreciated the value for the food. We ordered Zaalook, Taktouka and Carrots as an appetizer, where the Zaalook (eggplant) was outstanding. If you love carrots (we do), the Moroccan Chemoula in which they were prepared was so tasty. Our entrees were the Lamb Tagine with artichokes and the Khardoula (which was enjoyed more). The lamb was a bit fatty and stringy and there were way too many peas and not enough artichokes in the dish. Of course, we had mint tea, which was a good accompaniment to the food.
- My last visit was better,yumyumDined on 3/27/2012My last visit was better, but this visit was fine. The food was a bit bland this time around, and took a while to come out. But service was amazing and everything met expectations.Special Features:
- Aicha is a small place onDiner110Dined on 3/6/2012Aicha is a small place on Polk Street. The decor is not remarkable but there is a certain warmth to the environment, perhaps due to the incandescent lighting and its opening onto the street. Food was tasty and amply portioned; I would return to this place. However, I would counsel individuals who drink wine or beer to bring their own. There is no alcohol served. There is also no corkage fee, and there is a wine store just down the street. My dining companion arrived ahead of me, discovered the no alcohol sales, and popped into the store, while the server amiably held the table for his return.Special Features:
- We had a great meal here andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/3/2012We had a great meal here and the staff was very accommodating. It is BYOB and the staff gave us wine openers and everything we needed to make it a great experience. This was the perfect place for a group of people to get together for an inexpensive but great meal and be able to catch up!Special Features: