400 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aifiorinyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 613-8660
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:15am, Saturday: 8:00am - 10:45am, Sunday: 8:00am - 10:15am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:15pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:15pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:15pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:45pm, Sunday - 5:30pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: PJ Calapa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Ai Fiori offers private dining ranging from 10 guests to 200 guests. For information regarding events please contact Jonna Gerlich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.613.8660.
- Cross Street: Between 36 st and 37st (2nd floor)
- Public Transit: 42ND Street Grand Central Station - 4/5/6/7/S
(0.46 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 9 minutes walking).
34TH Street Herald Square
Station - B/D/F/V or 1/2 to 34TH Street Penn Station (0.33 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 7 minutes walking).
Walk east towards 400 Fifth
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Meyers Parking Garage
Entrances on 35th and 36th street between 5th and 6th.
(Ai Fiori does not validate)
A word from Ai Fiori
From acclaimed Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group, Ai Fiori celebrates cuisine from the Italian and French Riviera and showcases modern interpretations of traditional regional dishes. Located in the stylish Langham Place, Fifth Avenue hotel, Ai Fiori also boasts an inviting bar and lounge with an extensive cocktail and wine list crafted by the restaurant’s renowned beverage professionals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ai Fiori reviews from OpenTable diners
423 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (263)fit for foodies (247)notable wine list (158)romantic (152)great for lunch (92)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (67)hot spot (36)vibrant bar scene (33)great for brunch (24)scenic view (17)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Culinary experienceGottastopeatingDined on 11/24/2014I could be petty and critique some of the bus service or the somewhat stuffy atmosphere (I guess I just was), but the food was incredible. Portions were a little small, or maybe my cravings for more were insatiable. All in all, I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glorious brunchClaireVIPDined on 11/23/2014The food is beyond compare even at other michael white restaurants. But the maitre d' was stiff (despite telling him we thought ai fiori excelled in attitude over marea. Further on my reservation I had noted it was my birthday. That was totally ignored though my friend mentioned it to him. While I hate much attention a little bob bob with our cappuccino would have been nice. They don't have a dessert menu at brunch so he said we could go to the dessert table and take a few goodies for $12. Not classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/21/2014This is simply one of my best meals ever. The restaurant was slightly more upscale than I normally enjoy. However, it livened up as the evening progressed and the atmosphere became a lot warmer. My guest and I chose the prix fixe and it was a great value. The service was spectacular throughout. I ordered each of the dishes recommended and all were divine. The real standouts were the Agnello (entree) and the squid ink (primi course) Where most restaurants shine with the food OR the dessert, Ai Fiore did both perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite NY restaurant!!googie13VIPDined on 11/21/2014Took my 15 year old grandson for his first visit to Ai Fiori. He is a major foodie and appreciated everything about it as much as I. This is an outstanding dining experience!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get ready to Wait!Lit2VIPDined on 11/19/2014Was seated 30 minutes after reservation time. Waiter was distracted, at best.
- BonbonVIPDined on 11/19/2014The restaurant is exquisite, the service impeccable, the food too complicatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service spotty, slowLuv1fossettDined on 11/16/2014Was there on Nov 17 2014. Beautiful, ambiance warm, staff friendly but didn't make up for slow service. Sommelier ( not sure really one once we engaged... Wine steward perhaps) not available... He had stopped by table but when we had a ? and asked 3 different people to send him by, he never came. This in part delayed our dinner order. We had 7:30 reservations, seated at 8, didn't place order to 8:40!!! If someone comes to your table be ready to order for they don't come often. Waiter seemed stretched.. Thankfully bread basket came often or Id have passed out! My husband got tasting menu... Took a long time. At 10:30 he still had cheese course and dessert ... I had to ask for both together just so we could get check, early flight out next morning. Inordinately long evening which at end was painful... As if we had been forgotten. Food was presented beautifully, fluctuated from good to great..but didn't make up for service slowness and servers in attentiveness. Again everyone super friendly just over stretched or disorganizedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the reasonably priced winefoodenthusiestVIPDined on 11/12/2014Service a little snooty, out of the wine wine we wanted and tried to push us towards a much more expensive bottleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unusually good prix fixe find!dinerVIPDined on 11/11/2014great value in the 4 course prix fixe which covers their entire menuSpecial Features:
- Anniversary DinnerantiralphDined on 11/9/2014A memorable way to spend a special occasion. The service was exceptional. The food was top-notch.Special Features:
- can't wait to come backkats88Dined on 11/8/2014Excellent service.. everyone from the greeter to the bartender to the sommeliers, to our main attendant to the attendant who remove plates, the ones who bring the food. Tables are far enough away from each other that you feel like it's only you. The food came out in a fantastic 'flow'... not too fast, not too slow... The food was truly delicious. They even had a gem that my Mom used to make in the hometown in Italy. She couldn't believe how true they kept to original recipe. The fish was accented with such great flavours and vegetables. The lamb reduction and lamb itself super moist! amazing. amazing.Special Features:
- DisappointedHard2BelieveDined on 11/8/2014When we arrived for our 8:00 pm reservation, we were told to wait at the bar as our table was not ready. Over a half an hour later after we finally sat down. We all opted for the tasting/prix fix menu. The food was fabulous but waiting over 30 minutes between each course was unacceptable. We had to ask several times when our next course would be coming out. Service was awful. I called ahead of time and asked for some sort of recognition of my husband's birthday as we were out with friends. Nothing was done. Won't be going back.Special Features:
- Ai FioriAnthonyDined on 11/8/2014A recommendation from a chef friend - Ai Fiori surpassed expectations. Of all the well known restaurants we visited on our trip to NYC, this was the one that delivered on service too. The staff know their dishes and the pairing of wines to dishes was perfect. No pretty view - but the dinning room is exquisite and there is a sense of privacy to the tables. A real find.Special Features:
- ????BillyBDined on 11/8/2014We were seated near an alcove where a very noisy private party was taking place. Scallop entrée was very small.Special Features:
- very satisfiedHappyDinerDined on 11/8/2014A surprisingly hardy pre fixe... very flavorful and enough to feel pampered but not too much food to leave you feeling overstuffed. You worry about these expensive restaurants, but it was everything we hoped for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineAndWineDined on 11/8/2014Pleasantly surprised ! Service , food and wine were impeccable without any pretentiousness.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServiceSEAdinnerVIPDined on 11/8/2014We return to Ai Fiori over and over again because the food is amazing and the service truly exceptional. On this visit, we made a mistake of not informing our waiter that we had an 8 pm show. As the showtime looms, we told our waiter. He calmly and quickly helped us get our food and leave on time. It is not just this one waiter who's be excellent, we have had similarly great service from others as well. Good job Ai Fiori! You've won us over.Special Features:
- Tasteless,small portions,overpricedAliceDined on 11/7/2014This restaurant is supposed to be very high quality, as reflected in its prices. In reality, the food was at best OK and mostly subpar; with small portions - which I would have tolerated at a French restaurant but not Italian one. The menu selection was OK but absolutely everything was overpriced compared to quality. The noise level was well above that of a higher class restaurant, not helped by a family with an infant who decided to dine there. Service was awful. Slow, slow to notice when we needed something, and too chatty when at the table.
- The refined place to dineMACaDined on 11/7/2014You will NEVER be disappointed. The service is beyond exceptional and the food exceeds that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 21timesaweekVIPDined on 11/6/2014IN A WORLD WHERE THERE IS NOW AN ITALIAN ON EVERY CORNER, ITS NIUCE TO FIND A UNIQUE ITALIAN RESTAURUANT AND CHEFSpecial Features:
- FantasticYvonnefromnyVIPDined on 11/6/2014Always have a pleasant experience here. And the chef's complimentary samples are always worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to meetLucyDined on 11/6/2014Great food, excellent service, quiet and av great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiveringRegularVIPDined on 11/5/2014My guest and I have eaten at Ai Fiori many times and have always enjoyed it. But we are not investment bankers or Wall Street traders, so we don't have several hundred dollars to spend on wine. After purusing the wine list and asking for the assistance of a sommelier, we waited and waited for him to stop doting over the guests at the next table who - we supposed - had an unlimited wine budget on the expense account to which their dinner was being charged. After waiting at least 15 minutes, we ordered without his assistance. Typically, we deal with a sommelier who has steered us to some very nice bottles. Our waiter also seemed to prefer to have as little to do with us as possible - perhaps because we didn't order the 4-course dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentLovefoodnotafoodieDined on 11/5/2014The food is fantastic, however it represents the classic case of great food at VERY expensive prices with VERY small portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why can't all food taste like that?lolaDined on 11/2/2014I love it when I'm blown away and I am still in awe of how fantastic everything was. THE BEST OCTOPUS IN NYC....yes, I got TWO! We got the four course and made it 6 by adding to our meal. Service was flawless....and really very pleasant. He was so wonderful, how attentive he was, we felt really taken care of! Kudos, we will be back...I'm sorry it took us so long to find it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousncqcrDined on 11/2/2014very good, fun we were a large group and everything was super.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MrMarkhamDined on 11/1/2014Wonderful food, great presentation,warm and professional service. a great night in city.Special Features:
- Stunner. Staff. Food. Wine.Obrey1Dined on 10/31/2014Had a stunning meal Saturday night. Service staff was amazing. We had joe. He rocked. The food was stunning. The sommelier paired a white and red that was to die for. Total out - 350$ in food. 625$ in wine. Be advised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1team1teamVIPDined on 10/30/2014Relais & Chateaux designation recognizes only the best. Food and service are excellent. Great bar also with interesting bartenders and wonderful wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014We had a nice evening after seeing a play. Food was great, service was great! It was a wonderful atmosphere, not too noisy.Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I have been frequenting this amazing restaurant every six weeks for the past 3 years. I can honestly say this is the first time i was disappointed. It took forever for the food to come out and my lobster was severely under cooked. When the waiter asked if everything was ok, i actually told him about the lobster and they did nothing to make it right, that was very surprising to me, although i never ever complained before last night. I would go back in a heart beat as i truly love this restaurant. Everyone has a rough night every now and then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Delightedfoodwine4meDined on 10/28/2014On my first visit I didn't know what to expect but after arriving I was very delighted to have chosen and tried "Ai Fiori". The Food, Wine List, and Service were completely better than I expected! Thumbs up!Special Features:
- OuttolunchDined on 10/28/2014Beautifully presented food in a corporate setting. Food was very salty. Wines were below average and very expensive.
- Wife's Birthday dinnerTwoinNYDined on 10/27/2014Nice and would recommend. However, if you are discerning and only eating at one restaurant in New York then others likely make your list 1st. It is a refined experience with great service with a feeling of uptown but in a midtown address. Great job remembering and helping celebrate my wife's 40th. The only slightly off part was the white truffle experience. It is a significant upcharge for the white truffle shavings(4grams)on a bed of buttered Tagliatelle. The white truffles did not have the pungent depth I am used to in a truffle and therefore the butter overpowered in a dish designed to showcase the truffles. An olio base might help or check the truffle quality prior to serving.Special Features:
- awesomeTonyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful complete dining experience. Pasta disc with blue crab was like it was made in the finest restaurant in Italy. Service is impeccable. Experience but sometimes things are worth the price and this is one of those times.Special Features:
- ExcellentMrNeffDined on 10/25/2014Had our 34th wedding anniversary meal here. Could not have been happier. Food was terrific as as the service.cit hit the sweet spot of having great food without having to resort to tricks to amp up the flavor. I am not into many of the newer things, I like great food done to perfection, and that is what we got. The 4 course tasting menu is the way to go. Each dish we had was awesome. The service was at the highest level without them being on top of you all evening. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ai FioriBarbaraVIPDined on 10/24/2014Consistently fabulous. Splurged on the white truffle risotto which was spectacular; lobster soup which seems to be a go-to dish for them and which is delicious. Not cheap but a great special occasion spot - beautiful, exceptional waitstaff, consistently super food. (I see myself repeating the "consistently" note but it's because we were at Del Posto recently and find the inconsistently so disappointing!)Special Features:
- OutstandingMarieDined on 10/24/2014Great late lunch on a Friday in NYC arrived at 2:30 and where not rushed at all enjoyed the time with my family .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentIndyJAMVIPDined on 10/23/2014Ai Fiori was one of the best dining experiences! The service was outstanding and very attentive. The staff recognized early that we were not in a hurry (without our mentioning it) and they paced the courses perfectly. The butternut quash soup with foie gras was decadent, silky, and very autumnal. All of the pastas we tried were filled with delicious meats and cheeses and delicately covered with wonderful sauces. Finally, the steak was cooked to perfection and one of the most tender and flavorful pieces of meat we have ever tried. The savories were so wonderful that we did not have room for dessert, but certainly appreciated the plate of candies from the pastry chef. Excellent restaurant and a must-try elegant spot for foodies in NYC!Special Features:
- Great lunchJazz48Dined on 10/23/2014Ordered the lamb chop which was terrific. It was cooked sous vide, then oven roatstede and had a fabulous glaze. The truffles shaved over pasta was good too. Good wine list as well. I will return.Special Features: