400 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aifiorinyc.com/
- Phone: 2126138660x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:15am, Saturday: 8:00am - 10:45am, Sunday: 8:00am - 10:15am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:15pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:15pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm, Sunday - 5:30pm - 8:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: PJ Calapa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Ai Fiori offers private dining ranging from 10 guests to 200 guests. For information regarding events please contact Jonna Gerlich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.613.8660.
- Cross Street: Between 36 st and 37st (2nd floor)
- Public Transit: 42ND Street Grand Central Station - 4/5/6/7/S
(0.46 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 9 minutes walking).
34TH Street Herald Square
Station - B/D/F/V or 1/2 to 34TH Street Penn Station (0.33 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 7 minutes walking).
Walk east towards 400 Fifth
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Meyers Parking Garage
Entrances on 35th and 36th street between 5th and 6th.
(Ai Fiori does not validate)
A word from Ai Fiori
From acclaimed Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group, Ai Fiori celebrates cuisine from the Italian and French Riviera and showcases modern interpretations of traditional regional dishes. Located in the stylish Langham Place, Fifth Avenue hotel, Ai Fiori also boasts an inviting bar and lounge with an extensive cocktail and wine list crafted by the restaurant’s renowned beverage professionals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ai Fiori reviews from OpenTable diners
438 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (268)fit for foodies (232)romantic (157)notable wine list (133)great for lunch (122)good for groups (68)neighborhood gem (64)great for brunch (41)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (26)scenic view (21)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Always GreatAndQVIPDined on 9/28/2014Always glad to go back over and over. Terrific service and glad to see some new adds to the menus. 4 or seven course offering should be tried at least once - with wine pairings of course!Special Features:
- Really goodveggienorbVIPDined on 9/27/2014They obliged with a quiet table, in spite of the fact that the area was not open, and the food was delicious. When we asked why our order was taking longer than expected, (about 15 minutes) they refilled our wine glasses. Good value for what you pay. Will return.Special Features:
- Nice but priceyHealthnutDined on 9/26/2014Went to dinner with last minute reservation. The restaurant is very large but well laid out so that the sound quality is good. My partner and I each had one glass of wine, shared an appetizer, each had the lobster and each had dessert and coffee. The bill was over $200. Our main dish, lobster in brown butter, looked positively tiny; perhaps it was the very large plate it was served on? The food was good, the ambiance was nice, the service was good. So, try it! But expect to pay at least $200 for dinner for 2, a lot more if you have more than one drink and don't share an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another home-run for White...ChellaDined on 9/25/2014Delicious food, terrific presentation, white glove service and modern elegant setting...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience4rdiningDined on 9/24/2014Outstanding service, artfully served food, extremely tasty. Would definitely take a group back next time in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscaling diningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/23/2014Great food and service. One of my favorite very upscale restaurants in NYC.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!MelissaSanDined on 9/22/2014Consistently amazing food and service. It will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentgardenladyDined on 9/20/2014The food and service were top end. We had a great experience. Our waiter was terrific!Special Features:
- FabulousGoffsDined on 9/20/2014Great was great. Each dish was complex and constructed sophisticatedly. The price tag deserves a a special experience and Ai Fiori delivered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!FoodieDanVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wow! is all I can say - I was impressed with the entire experience. This is truly a special place for a very special event. Everything was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening out.foodiemimiDined on 9/19/2014I have come to Ai Fiori regularly for the past year. I love the ambience and the service. The food has consistently been exceptional. This lady visit, I have to say the food was not what I have come to expect from my previous dining experiences. This will in no way discourage me from reserving my next dinner here. Everyone has an off night and it took a year for a slightly off night to occur. I will definitely return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- binsDined on 9/19/2014this is our fourth time here, food I would say its not consistence. We ordered seven Course Testing Menu and couple of items they did not even explain what it is(lack of service). I will give some brake to Ai Fiori for a while.
- SusanDined on 9/19/2014The food was very creative and excellently prepared. The mix of menu selections was very good -something for everyone.Special Features:
- Excellent service and cuisine.DFoxMuVIPDined on 9/15/2014Excellent service and cuisine. The food is consistent in its quality and creative preparationSpecial Features:
- Stellar!!CarolLDined on 9/14/2014Our first visit to Ai Fiori will NOT be our last! Here's a rave review on all fronts: food was outrageously delicious in all respects (presentation, preparation, creativity, taste!), service matched the food (gracious, timely, knowledgeable), great wine list and a solid sommelier, atmosphere was just what we wanted (quiet, comfortable, elegant but not stuffy). Highly recommend Ai Fiori and particularly suggest trying the: Torchon (foie gras), Agnolotti (veal), and Ippoglosso (halibut). Ai Fiori is expensive but a great value. Far and away the best meal we had during our 5-days visiting a variety restaurants around the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceMimaDined on 9/13/2014We had an excellent night,service,food and place were verymgoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good...EvandroCDined on 9/13/2014First time here.... Great menu... Service not so good...Very good wine list. We will return for the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Portions were a bit small but overall the food was very good.Special Features:
- All thumbs up! Fantastic!Harp28VIPDined on 9/11/2014Ai Fiori is such an incredible experience it leaves you speechless. Everything was absolute perfection, the cuisine was exquisite, the service attentive but not overly, really an amazing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian cuisinefreemaxouVIPDined on 9/10/2014Fantastic italian food Perfect service Quite expensive but worth it Great wines listSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Perfect balance between inventive and classic itallianSpecial Features:
- Great , but overpricedIrene1Dined on 9/10/2014We celebrated my husband birthday and I wanted make this event special and I have to say that it was ! We had a great time and everything was perfect :))))) I would definitely recomend their soups , octopus , revioly and duck . All my guests ( we were party of 7 ) enjoed appraisers more then main course . When you are going there be ready to pay around $120 per person ( include tax and tips) but overall it was a great expirianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014I ate the most perfect piece of halibut ever....ever. I took advantage of the 4 course prix fixe, starting with Vitello Tonnato, crispy veal sweetbreads. The meat was soft and delicate and cooked to just the right consistency. How could I not follow that with black pasta with tiny bits of shellfish. I hated to have my plate cleared. Then arrived the perfect piece of halibut which was moist and flakey, yet substantial in the mouth. Dessert was a lovely "peach melba". Service was impeccable and welcoming without being stuffy. Highly recommend and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fineopentableuserVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was pretty good and the service was better. But I felt like the whole place was trying too hard. I prefer someplace a bit more relaxed...
- ExcellentTheFevVIPDined on 9/7/2014Ai Fiori is rapidly moving to the upper realm of the top NY restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Elegant perfectionProfressorCMNVIPDined on 9/5/2014Recently experienced our second evening at Al Fiore. There is something very special about this lovely restaurant with uncompromising preparation of its unique yet classic dishes - each menu item is memorable but we will be dreaming of the house made marscapone ravioli for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014meal portions are small, insufficient food for the priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedJbg1961Dined on 9/3/2014The ambience and service was excellent. The food was poor to average. The snapper appetizer was bland, the tortellini pasta dish: the pasta was tough, filling and sauce were average. The steak was salty. We took guests there because of the location and the Michelin star, but, were embarrassed. With all of the choices in New York, we won't return.
- AubreyDined on 9/3/2014Superb food, superb service, superb wine list … much too noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDineVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everything was perfect. Great food, excellent service and a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Best experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely amazing. My wife and I went for our anniversary and it was perfect.Special Features:
- incredible experienceDocJimDined on 8/30/2014The whole experience at Ai Fiori was amazing. We wanted to do the chef tasting menu but didn't have enough time so did the price fix 4 course meal based entirely on the waiter's recommendations. My wife and I each had 4 different stellar courses to share. The food was out of this world, the wait staff knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, and the drinks top notch. It does not make for a cheap night out, but I hope to go back soon and would highly recommend trying it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSteveVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ai Fiore is one of the few places in the city that does everything right. The style is modern but not cold. The service is attentive,gracious, efficient, and accommodating. The food is very good-beautifully presented and wonderfully prepared.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4jb39Dined on 8/29/2014I had the prix fixe. The food was good, but nothing special. That goes for the amuse bouche (particularly boring), a salad and the bronzini main course. Pasta course was very good. Service was excellent. My wife loved her appetizer which involved roe on top of ??. Otherwise nothing outstanding among her choices. For such an expensive, highly rated place, I expected better.Special Features:
- Remains My Favorite in NYCFoodieWestchesterVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have been to this restaurant quite a few times over the last several years. It has never disappointed with food or comfort and the bar is great too!Special Features:
- What a let down...RishiDined on 8/29/2014We decided to dine at this restaurant as we were staying at the attached hotel, Langham Place. However, we would not recommend this restaurant to any of our friends. Although happy to pay premiums for great service and food we were left reeling at the food quality and disingenuous service. New York has its fair share of great eats. Sometimes the hype does not live up to expectation and in the case of Ai Fiori this is exactly the case. Little Italy in New York is a much better bet for great Italian dining. Sorry Ai Fiori you just dont have what it takes to be part of a five star hotel...Special Features:
- Elegant.LionsDined on 8/26/2014First rate dining experience across the board. Old world elegance, superior service, delicious contemporary eclectic menu. A classy, mature true New York experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionyoungfoodieDined on 8/25/2014The staff was amazing, so friendly and very notable of all aspects of the menu. The food was delicious and surprisingly well priced. Our table was perfect so we reccomend booking ahead to get a good spot. Otherwise, plating was artistic and whimsical and the menu selection couldnt be more perfect. I really enjoyed the entire exprience and hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly superb atomsphere & serviceNeensDined on 8/25/2014The staff was exceptional, the food delicious and the wine list and our selection was fantastic. Looking forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondConnieJDined on 8/24/2014Our entire experience at Ai Fiori was above and beyond expectations. We had dinner here while in NYC celebrating our daughter's Sweet 16. I mentioned when booking that it was our daughter's birthday, and the restaurant outdid themselves in making her feel extra special - they chatted and wished her happy birthday, offered to make special virgin cocktails for her (parents enjoyed the wonderful wine list!), brought her complementary specially-prepared agnolotti appetizer and an extra dessert. Every food item that we had was absolutely delicious and beautifully plated. Service was top-notch in every respect. A tad pricey, but worth it; we will definitely return here on a future NYC trip. I've also recommended to friends already.Special Features: