400 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aifiorinyc.com/
- Phone: 2126138660x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:15am, Saturday: 8:00am - 10:45am, Sunday: 8:00am - 10:15am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:15pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:15pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:15pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:45pm, Sunday - 5:30pm - 9:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: PJ Calapa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Ai Fiori offers private dining ranging from 10 guests to 200 guests. For information regarding events please contact Jonna Gerlich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.613.8660.
- Cross Street: Between 36 st and 37st (2nd floor)
- Public Transit: 42ND Street Grand Central Station - 4/5/6/7/S
(0.46 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 9 minutes walking).
34TH Street Herald Square
Station - B/D/F/V or 1/2 to 34TH Street Penn Station (0.33 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 7 minutes walking).
Walk east towards 400 Fifth
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Meyers Parking Garage
Entrances on 35th and 36th street between 5th and 6th.
(Ai Fiori does not validate)
A word from Ai Fiori
From acclaimed Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group, Ai Fiori celebrates cuisine from the Italian and French Riviera and showcases modern interpretations of traditional regional dishes. Located in the stylish Langham Place, Fifth Avenue hotel, Ai Fiori also boasts an inviting bar and lounge with an extensive cocktail and wine list crafted by the restaurant’s renowned beverage professionals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Ai Fiori - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Ai Fiori reviews from OpenTable diners
468 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (282)fit for foodies (258)romantic (166)notable wine list (156)great for lunch (126)good for groups (84)neighborhood gem (70)great for brunch (39)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (33)scenic view (19)late-night find (16)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014I have been frequenting this amazing restaurant every six weeks for the past 3 years. I can honestly say this is the first time i was disappointed. It took forever for the food to come out and my lobster was severely under cooked. When the waiter asked if everything was ok, i actually told him about the lobster and they did nothing to make it right, that was very surprising to me, although i never ever complained before last night. I would go back in a heart beat as i truly love this restaurant. Everyone has a rough night every now and then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly Delightedfoodwine4meDined on 10/28/2014On my first visit I didn't know what to expect but after arriving I was very delighted to have chosen and tried "Ai Fiori". The Food, Wine List, and Service were completely better than I expected! Thumbs up!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014Beautifully presented food in a corporate setting. Food was very salty. Wines were below average and very expensive.
- awesomeTonyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Wonderful complete dining experience. Pasta disc with blue crab was like it was made in the finest restaurant in Italy. Service is impeccable. Experience but sometimes things are worth the price and this is one of those times.Special Features:
- ExcellentMrNeffDined on 10/25/2014Had our 34th wedding anniversary meal here. Could not have been happier. Food was terrific as as the service.cit hit the sweet spot of having great food without having to resort to tricks to amp up the flavor. I am not into many of the newer things, I like great food done to perfection, and that is what we got. The 4 course tasting menu is the way to go. Each dish we had was awesome. The service was at the highest level without them being on top of you all evening. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ai FioriBarbaraVIPDined on 10/24/2014Consistently fabulous. Splurged on the white truffle risotto which was spectacular; lobster soup which seems to be a go-to dish for them and which is delicious. Not cheap but a great special occasion spot - beautiful, exceptional waitstaff, consistently super food. (I see myself repeating the "consistently" note but it's because we were at Del Posto recently and find the inconsistently so disappointing!)Special Features:
- OutstandingMarieDined on 10/24/2014Great late lunch on a Friday in NYC arrived at 2:30 and where not rushed at all enjoyed the time with my family .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentIndyJAMVIPDined on 10/23/2014Ai Fiori was one of the best dining experiences! The service was outstanding and very attentive. The staff recognized early that we were not in a hurry (without our mentioning it) and they paced the courses perfectly. The butternut quash soup with foie gras was decadent, silky, and very autumnal. All of the pastas we tried were filled with delicious meats and cheeses and delicately covered with wonderful sauces. Finally, the steak was cooked to perfection and one of the most tender and flavorful pieces of meat we have ever tried. The savories were so wonderful that we did not have room for dessert, but certainly appreciated the plate of candies from the pastry chef. Excellent restaurant and a must-try elegant spot for foodies in NYC!Special Features:
- Great lunchJazz48Dined on 10/23/2014Ordered the lamb chop which was terrific. It was cooked sous vide, then oven roatstede and had a fabulous glaze. The truffles shaved over pasta was good too. Good wine list as well. I will return.Special Features:
- Ai FioriOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/22/2014Ai Fiori was recommended to me by a friend. It met or surpassed all expectations - pleasant ambiance; seated promptly at reservation; service attentive; food quality excellent. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- Incredible Food, great serviceStephenHVIPDined on 10/21/2014Wow! What else can I say. Great food, great service, great wine service. The 4 course prix fixe meal is the way to go. Try the slow poached egg. It sets a new standard for what a poached egg can be!Special Features:
- Not value for moneyCriticS2464Dined on 10/20/2014The Lobster salad was tasteless and minuscule even for the likes of fine dining. Also the Rack of Lamb wasn't Rack of Kamb, it was reconstituted Lamb chops ankd looked nothing like the picture on Google internet search, which was why we were there in the first instance.Special Features:
- DisappointedApergoVIPDined on 10/20/2014The flute with caviar is the only plate worth eating here. Is my Second time at the restaurant, first time for lunch. I don't think I will not go again.
- terrible experience.AnExpatWifeVIPDined on 10/19/2014This was our sixth Michelin Star restaurant in six weeks in NYC and we were looking forward to it. We had been to Marea and had an amazing meal and so we had high hopes for its sister restaurant. We were thoroughly disappointed with mediocre food and bad service. How these guys kept their star and Gordon Ramsey lost his is a mystery. Give me dinner at The London over this anyway. we were served bread with our pasta course (they forgot) I was twice left with an empty wine glass - despite ordering a bottle, and two of our courses were not hot. We definitely won't be back, I wouldn't recommend it and I've lost all faith in the Michelin Star standard.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014This is the second time I have been here. Service is Amazing as is the food. Great place for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time NYCbistroDined on 10/19/2014I took my girlfriend to nyc we had a great time and this place was great for lunch we stop before the empire state building food and service excellent must try it if you get to new yorkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2014Enjoyed our evening at Ai Fiori. The food was delicious and served beautifully. Great Italian wine selection. Price Fix four course at $94.00 worked for us and we were able to sample selections from the various courses. Portions are small for large eaters but were beautifully presented. My wife and I were very stratified. The service was a little off on our visit. We thought about when the plates were going to be cleared and when the water was going to be refilled, not something I would have expected at a restaurant of this quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Prix Fixe DinnerLive2eatVIPDined on 10/17/2014My friend and I ate at Ai Fiori during a girl's weekend in NYC. We ordered from the Prix Fixe dinner menu and all four courses were simply amazing! We had booked the reservation because of the Zagat reviews and it did not disappoint. The service was attentive without being intrusive. Recommendations were spot on. Definitely a splurge, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls weekend in New York City 2014FritzDined on 10/17/2014Girls weekend in NYC. The food was good and the service was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal experience.GiuseppeDined on 10/16/2014I went here with my girlfriend. We called as we were a few minutes late, and we were greeted by a cordial staff who catered to our unfortunate tardiness. It was a bit difficult to find at first. When we arrived the staff was receptive and exceptionally friendly. They were polite and formal, and did not exude an air of pomposity which is common with highly rated establishments. The person who served us that evening was the highlight. He was a tall gentlemen with a goatee, and I genuinely feel guilty that I don't recall his name as I've rarely ever felt so welcome. A professional through and through. The food was extraordinary. I ordered the Butternut squash soup, a blue crab spaghetti and the lamb. I plan to frequent the place here on in.Special Features:
- Good but service is just okOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014Overall a good dinner. The restaurant is beautiful and the wine list is quite nice. The food overall was quite good, though the lobster soup was on the saltier side. Only real issue was with the service. Our main waiter took our order and only came back to our table once with dessert menus (and finally the bill). This was an issue considering one of the nice gentlemen serving our food accidentally put his sleeve through our side dish of mushrooms. Though our waiter was standing at the table next to us taking an order our waving hands apparently weren't enough of a signal that we had an issue. After several unsuccessful attempts, one of the numerous food servers finally stopped by and he took care of the issue.Special Features:
- Top classNYmeal77Dined on 10/15/2014I had the chefs tasting menu with wine pairing. It was one of the best experience i´ve had in a restaurant. The food and service was excellent and you could really feel that this is a top quality restaurant in any aspects.Special Features:
- Unique and PriceyJohnBDined on 10/15/2014Limited menu and very pricey. Left feeling hungry as teaspoon of Gelato did not fill my sweet tooth. Clientele seemed to lean more toward the business crowd.Special Features:
- Outstanding!Harp28VIPDined on 10/13/2014My third dining experience at Ai Fiori and the most remarkable one! You outdid yourselves in every way. Though prices are high, the meal is worth every penny. BRAVO!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatvivaanDined on 10/13/2014food was great, wine was great, dessert was great. the only disappointing thing was the halibutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fancy dinnerfoodking123Dined on 10/11/2014Great place for a special dinner, service was very good and the food was fantastic. They also offered us complimentary small dishes.Special Features:
- SpinDined on 10/11/2014Service was exceptional, our server knew every nuance of the menu selections. All six of us raved about the service and the food. The portions are similar to a classic French restaurant. Recommend the $94 price fix menu, you will need all four courses to be sated. We were a little disappointed in the deserts.Special Features:
- Good Pre Fixe menuCuquetVIPDined on 10/10/2014Pre fixe here is a good price to enjoy several dishes with a good portion. We don't want to miss the appetizer and pasta which are better than some main dishes. I was disappointed the bouillabaisse. The broth was very salty to begin with and the rouille even add more salty taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- definitely deterioratedrogerarahtzVIPDined on 10/6/2014This is our 4th try here. First 2 times were wonderful. Last 2 worse and worser. Very slow service. "House specialty" of lamb with foie gras is misconceived, and the lamb itself poorly cooked and seasoned. Pasta was still good. Won't be going back.
- Deserves Michelin starCTcoupleDined on 10/5/2014The appetizers were the stars - even the classics were superb. My husband's foie gras Torchon looked amazing and the Vellutata lobster bisque was a perfect balance of lobster and creamy. The pasta dishes were perfect - and filling! The apple with cinnamon ice cream and caramel was a delicious taste of fall. The staff were so helpful and nice - and kept the atmosphere convivial, not stiff. It's not a cheap night out, but not out of the question, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!OOfromTODined on 10/5/2014We had an amazing experience at Ai fiori! Our lead waiter was fantastic, really took the time to explain the menu in great detail, made some excellent recommendations and the entire team executed with excellence! The food is fantastic and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a memorable dining experience in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet my expectationsChristineDined on 10/5/2014I invited my sister and daughter for their birthdays for lunch. The time was still for brunch and we chose to order entrees instead of the combination with the buffet. We ordered the ravioli with the egg yolk which sounded delicious. Although it did taste good it was a small portion and nothing was provided with the meal except for the drinks we had ordered. We were hungry and requested another entree but it was to late since the kitchen had closed. The waiter was kind enough to provide us with a plate of charcuterie leftover from the buffet table with accompanying bread. We felt like we had a sufficient lunch after that. This is an expensive restaurant which does not provide what I would call generous portions.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in New York. Highly recommend Ai Fiori.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014I celebrated my Birthday with friends. who are international foodies, and the cuisine and service were both outstanding. Fantastic wine selection too. We will all definitely return on our next trip through NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere; good foodmp1021257Dined on 10/4/2014Went with a group of four to Ai Fiori on a Saturday evening. I had the bass tartare and salad to start; the bass was excellent, but the salad was poor. Next, I had the pork shoulder ravioli; it was mediocre and I would not order it again. I had the lamb saddle as my main course. The lamb was excellent, but it was served on coco beans that really hurt the dish. Also the artichokes served with the lamb were overcooked. My raspberry mousse dessert was ok , but nothing special. Overall, dinner was good but not worth $600. Had our group spent $2000 - $5000 on dinner and drinks, dinner may have been a bit better, but I don't really think worth the increase price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Relaxed and at the same time serious dining. Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So goodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/2/2014We got the Prix fixe four course menu and every fish was absolutely superb. So good I wanted to cry sometimes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat before you goBEIIIDined on 10/1/2014Extremely small portions, waitstaff didn't know who ordered what entrees. Seven people left hungry and one left hungry with a large bill.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/30/2014Great food, good mix of personal and business clientele.Special Features:
- Good but...GoldiVIPDined on 9/29/2014Nicely decorated restaurant and wonderful staff. I thought that Ai Fiori was an Italian restaurant but the only thing I found Italian about it were the names of the food. The food was good and the wine, Brunello di Montalcino, was one of the finest bottles we've ever had. I do not think it is a Michelin 1 star restaurant but it is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.