400 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aifiorinyc.com/
- Phone: 2126138660x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:15am, Saturday: 8:00am - 10:45am, Sunday: 8:00am - 10:15am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:15pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:15pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm, Sunday - 5:30pm - 8:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: PJ Calapa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Ai Fiori offers private dining ranging from 10 guests to 200 guests. For information regarding events please contact Jonna Gerlich at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.613.8660.
- Cross Street: Between 36 st and 37st (2nd floor)
- Public Transit: 42ND Street Grand Central Station - 4/5/6/7/S
(0.46 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 9 minutes walking).
34TH Street Herald Square
Station - B/D/F/V or 1/2 to 34TH Street Penn Station (0.33 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 7 minutes walking).
Walk east towards 400 Fifth
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Meyers Parking Garage
Entrances on 35th and 36th street between 5th and 6th.
(Ai Fiori does not validate)
A word from Ai Fiori
From acclaimed Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group, Ai Fiori celebrates cuisine from the Italian and French Riviera and showcases modern interpretations of traditional regional dishes. Located in the stylish Langham Place, Fifth Avenue hotel, Ai Fiori also boasts an inviting bar and lounge with an extensive cocktail and wine list crafted by the restaurant’s renowned beverage professionals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ai Fiori reviews from OpenTable diners
456 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (270)fit for foodies (227)romantic (164)notable wine list (129)great for lunch (128)good for groups (73)neighborhood gem (61)great for brunch (49)hot spot (35)scenic view (24)vibrant bar scene (23)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Elegant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014First rate dining experience across the board. Old world elegance, superior service, delicious contemporary eclectic menu. A classy, mature true New York experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The staff was amazing, so friendly and very notable of all aspects of the menu. The food was delicious and surprisingly well priced. Our table was perfect so we reccomend booking ahead to get a good spot. Otherwise, plating was artistic and whimsical and the menu selection couldnt be more perfect. I really enjoyed the entire exprience and hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly superb atomsphere & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014The staff was exceptional, the food delicious and the wine list and our selection was fantastic. Looking forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondConnieJDined on 8/24/2014Our entire experience at Ai Fiori was above and beyond expectations. We had dinner here while in NYC celebrating our daughter's Sweet 16. I mentioned when booking that it was our daughter's birthday, and the restaurant outdid themselves in making her feel extra special - they chatted and wished her happy birthday, offered to make special virgin cocktails for her (parents enjoyed the wonderful wine list!), brought her complementary specially-prepared agnolotti appetizer and an extra dessert. Every food item that we had was absolutely delicious and beautifully plated. Service was top-notch in every respect. A tad pricey, but worth it; we will definitely return here on a future NYC trip. I've also recommended to friends already.Special Features:
- Nothing crazy. It used to be betterGoodFoodDined on 8/23/2014We've been here a few times and last time was probably 2 years ago. Basically we didn't think it was anything to write home about. The menu is mostly unchanged. Some dishes are presented a little differently. We are foodies, so if you are looking for something really interesting or just really great dish, which would be better than in other places, you'll be disappointed. That's not to say that the food is bad - just relatively boring. Fish is not their forte. If you are looking for seafood and really cool cocktails - Catch in Meat Packing district has both things and really good choices. Plus it's a lot more trendy. TAO downtown is also very lively and hip. Ai Fiori is the opposite-very quite Cocktail list needs some serious improvement.
- WONDERFUL MEALFoodEnthusiastDined on 8/21/2014We had the best time in this restaurant. Our goal was to order and share lots of items. They accommodated us without any hesitation. Everything was prepared exceptionally well. The quality of recipe and preparation resulted in food that raised our eyebrows for its presentation and intense flavor. Our goal was to spend time together chatting but we ended up focused on the food. The service was also memorable, from the first person we met at the door to the sommelier and waiter we could not have been more pleased. For a hotel restaurant, this place is a stand out.Special Features:
- DisappointingLovesItalianDined on 8/21/2014The maitre'd greets you in an over friendly fashion and describes the food in great detail. Everything is "spectacular", the "best". However it turns out that every dish looks very pretty, has lots of ingredients, but the taste is not there. Don't order the Boulliabaisse .... Very disappointing. They give you a few pieces of seafood in a little broth. Has nothing to do with the real thing. I had striped bass which was over cooked. Panna Cotta tasted like caramel pudding. Our pasta dishes were full of unusual ingredients, but did not taste great. No classic pasta dishes, everything is a bit over the top. The place is Very expensive . Go to Felidia insteadSpecial Features:
- Unique ItalianGeneDined on 8/19/2014A real dining experience with great service. Specialty fresh pastas, and meat dishes with very fine favors. Even the salads with heirloom tomatoes was terrific. Topped off with knowledgable attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HGnotesDined on 8/17/20143rd time there - food very good - service was slow on this occasionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Very Expensive. $100 per person (6 People). Waiter was a little stuffy. Manager was phenomenal and kept coming to our table.
- YKNYDined on 8/15/2014It was kind of disappointing. The foods were ok, but not memorable, also the all the servers and waiters were not focused. you don't get the feeling that you were taking care of, very mechanical.
- TomTDined on 8/15/2014Ai Fiori (and customers) needs to rethink restaurant week so called 'deal'. the food is ok, good but nothing great. the portion isn't enough, even when you have 3 courses. the issue is about the service and how restaurant prepares for those RW dish. they are not on par with the regular menu and/or any other non-RW day. When we seated, we are not given any bread and when kids start to get hungry waiting for 15 mins, i asked waiter and they give one piece of bread each to the one 'asked', i.e. if you don't ask, you don't get bread, even for the ones sitting on the same table. so for the next 15 mins, 5 of us ate one piece of bread while the 6th person didn't as he didn't ask. this is cost cutting for a 1-star restaurant?Special Features:
- One of the best spaghettis in NYCLeahDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner in the last day of Summer 14 restaurant week. It was the best restaurant week meal I have ever tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Stylish setting, excellent food, dressy crowd. A special place for lunch--haven't been for dinner. On the expensive side.Special Features:
- Perfect Ending for Restaurant WeekNYCdininngDined on 8/14/2014The serene elegance of the bar and dining room prepared us for a meal to remember -- and the food easily lived up to the setting. Zucchini cold soup was a wonderful appetizer; the pasta entree was flavorful (if you like black olives, which I do); the chocolate/coffee/mocha dessert was the perfect conclusion. We found portion sizes to be satisfactory. Serving personnel were skilled, and added to the quiet, smooth-running atmosphere of the room. Our lunch at Ai Fiori was a perfect way to conclude our Restaurant Week experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch on fifth avenueAAAAADined on 8/13/2014entree choices could've been a bit more interesting..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2014Wonderful experience, as always. Love RW menu--excellent choices. To begin, we had the pate and the soup. Fantastic! The skate is a winner every time, although one person at my table thought it was a little too salty. Panna cotta and chocolate cake both out of this world. The space is lovely, service is professional. Put this restaurant on your list!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate!LunchPatronDined on 8/13/2014What a lovely setting this was to celebrate my friend's birthday. The three-course Restaurant Week menu was a steal at $25 per person. I will return for the two-course lunch, regularly priced at $42. Service was perfect; food was delicious. The maitre d' Gustavo was great!Special Features:
- Impeccablejudes61Dined on 8/13/2014I hosted a table for luncheon at Ai Fiori and it was a wonderful experience. Our group of five who are in the food and beverage industry were equally impressed with the attentive service, excellent wine list and impeccable food. For starters we ordered the two crudo selections, one was with red snapper and the other with fluke and caviar. Both were superb. The beet and goat cheese salad was delicate, and the goat cheese was creamy and delicious. The Atlantic halibut was cooked to perfection, silky and simply prepared, served over a fresh chickpea emulsion with a hint of clam broth. The pasta Nero,Fantastic! We ordered the entire dessert menu and shared the selections, there isn't enough room here to tell you how delicious they were! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- under expectationluv2dineDined on 8/12/2014went there during the restaurant week. booked 1:15pm on a Tuesday. waited for 10 mins to be seated. the soup was terrible and the roast chicken was too salty. the Panna Cotta was good, but it's just a dessert.
- great choicefoodiefindDined on 8/12/2014Impressed with the food as well as the attentive service for restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatBHdinerDined on 8/11/2014I've dined here several times, for lunch and dinner, Restaurant Week, group business dinner and private event. Everything is top-notch here--from the food (especially the crudos, soups, pastas and risotto) to the well-spaced, comfortable seating to the ability to hear your dining companions talk to the attentive service that strikes just the right balance, not too formal and not too familiar. They're very accommodating for those with allergies or special dietary needs, such as dairy and gluten intolerances -- knowledgeable about what's in each dish and either the kitchen is able adjust the dish or the server can suggest a good alternative. The wine list has interesting selections by the glass for those who want to experiment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are impeccableJIJIVIPDined on 8/11/2014This time we had the Restaurant Week menu. This was a great restaurant. Everything from service to food to ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding experienceAspyriVIPDined on 8/9/2014This is undoubtedly a very special restaurant. The food and service are impeccable. We had the best time ever. We went with friends we haven't seen in a while and we were able to have a real conversation in a very pleasant space while we were thoroughly being taken care of. We enjoyed the food, which was simply divine and the discreet but knowledgable service of the staff. A great evening.Special Features:
- ChrisVIPDined on 8/9/2014The wait staff was both arrogant and pretentious. Food was mediocre. The worst was the duck, flavorless and so tough you couldn't even cut it. Definitely not worth the money or a second visit.
- Good but have a big expense accountairishVIPDined on 8/9/2014Thought that this place located in the Langham hotel offered a restaurant week menu based on an Amex promotional email, but it turned out it was weekday lunch only, so a little bit of sticker shock when we opened the menu. (We went there early to catch a curtain and there was no pre-theater menu either). Most of the entrees hovered around $40 or so, and the wine list was extremely overpriced and not especially great. I wonder whose expense account, even in NYC, will cover a $1000 bottle of burgundy. Most of the bottles were north of $100 and virtually nothing on the list for less than $60 -- even for bottles you know retail for not much over $10-15. In any event, the steak I ordered was good, and the service was extremely attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/8/2014Food selections/Pre-Fix was phenomenal paired with the Sommelier suggestions. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingWineloverDined on 8/8/2014One of the best meals my husband and I have ever had. From the excellent service, to the finely crafted food, to the wine selection, Ai Fiori had it all. We had the 7 course chef's tasting menu and it was a wonderful way to taste a variety of foods. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentMadisonDined on 8/8/2014Sat for 15 minutes before order was taken - chicken was like rubber - would not return or recommend - many better options in metro area -
- Great experiencePlatinumDined on 8/8/2014Went with friend for lunch .Just about perfect in every way, as always. Food, service, ambiance, discretion. This is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We expected too highBadLuckDined on 8/8/2014Your waitress carelessly dropped coffee onto my sister's paints That is no problem, it happens The waitress' attitude was a big issue. We raised our concern and the manager came to say apology, after a while, the waitress came back to say her apology, she said to us, "it's always happens"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor servicedspieVIPDined on 8/8/2014After being kept waiting 20 minutes for our 1:30 lunch reservation (no service at all offered at all in the lounge where we waited), the service overall was poor. We had to ask for bread after the table next to us was served theirs (they sat after us). One of 3 appetizers was served incorrectly and sent back. The food was tasty, but not special. I would not return.
- restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Ai Fiori was a really pleasant and great experience, me and my gf had a wonderful lunch, with delicious fish and pasta and also the waiter and the supervisor were extremely helpful and informative about everything. We will be coming back.Special Features:
- Good experiencealecDined on 8/8/2014The restaurant is very modern, but very attractive and dignified. Service was attending and the food was very good. For restaurant week the choices were ample. I would gladly go back, but it is expensive.Special Features:
- Excellent food & serviceLetsDoThisDined on 8/7/2014The staff happily accommodated 3 last minute changes for an important client dinner, including two party size changes and one time change. The food and service was excellent, with all guests repeatedly commenting that we picked a good spot. Very reasonable selections on a vast wine list. Would return for business or personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New York Restaurant menuTukkerDined on 8/7/2014We special wroet down at the open table reservation, that we would like to join the New York restaurant week menu. The staff at the reception did not tell us, that the option was only available for lunch.Special Features:
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014came here for restaurant week lunch, the food was great, waiter was very friendly and explained the dishes to us patiently.Special Features:
- Impressed, for a Restaurant Wk MenuNoMadFANVIPDined on 8/7/2014Had been wanting to try this place, but didn't want to commit serious $$$$ yet, so waited for RW and went for lunch. Thoroughly enjoyed the food - impeccable quality for RW certainly surpassed expectations. The wine list had a few good bottles at "reasonable" prices (for this caliber restaurant). The service could have been flawless, but I gave only 4 stars because it was a bit "too" attentive (should really know when to stay back and not be on-top of you every minute). Ambience: only 4 stars (the room is handsome, but too corporate feeling, not particularly inviting for the level of the food experience) - Table spacing was perfect. Overall were quite pleased with the experience, and will return to enjoy the food on special occasions.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week ReviewMarcyDined on 8/7/2014Went for Restaurant Week Prix Fix Lunch. Small portions, particularly for the skate. Food was salty. VERY limited choices on the $25 menu. Other menu offered was $42 for two courses. Unclear if restaurant was offering any other menu options for lunch. Service to receive entrée was very slow although overall very polite. If Ai Fiori is going to participate in Restaurant Week then they should make it a positive experience with food which is hopefully of better quality than what we received. I would note, however, the desserts were excellent.
- Mass-produced foodFABIANCHIDined on 8/7/2014I had high expectations for Ai Fiori and when I saw that they do restaurant week, I booked a reservation right away. I was disappointed, though. Even with a reservation we waited 20 minutes for our seat, and the restaurant week menu didn't have much to it. My salad consisted of whole leaves of bibb lettuce and radicchio, thinly sliced croutons, and a few slices of gorgonzola cheese. The dressing wasn't anything special. My pasta was good, but the espresso I ordered was awful--burnt and bitter--and my dessert was nothing to write home about, either. Overall, it didn't feel like a chef put heart into my food--it just felt mass-produced.