400 5th Avenue
New York, NY 10018Neighborhood:
Contemporary EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.aifiorinyc.com/
- Phone: 2126138660x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:15am, Saturday: 8:00am - 10:45am, Sunday: 8:00am - 10:15am
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:15pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 2:15pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:45pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:45pm, Sunday - 5:30pm - 8:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French, Contemporary European
- Executive Chef: PJ Calapa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Ai Fiori offers private dining ranging from 10 guests to 200 guests. For information regarding events please contact Jonna Gerlich at email@example.com or 212.613.8660.
- Cross Street: Between 36 st and 37st (2nd floor)
- Public Transit: 42ND Street Grand Central Station - 4/5/6/7/S
(0.46 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 9 minutes walking).
34TH Street Herald Square
Station - B/D/F/V or 1/2 to 34TH Street Penn Station (0.33 miles from 400 Fifth Avenue, approximately 7 minutes walking).
Walk east towards 400 Fifth
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Meyers Parking Garage
Entrances on 35th and 36th street between 5th and 6th.
(Ai Fiori does not validate)
A word from Ai Fiori
From acclaimed Chef Michael White and the Altamarea Group, Ai Fiori celebrates cuisine from the Italian and French Riviera and showcases modern interpretations of traditional regional dishes. Located in the stylish Langham Place, Fifth Avenue hotel, Ai Fiori also boasts an inviting bar and lounge with an extensive cocktail and wine list crafted by the restaurant’s renowned beverage professionals.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ai Fiori reviews from OpenTable diners
435 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (261)fit for foodies (225)romantic (160)notable wine list (127)great for lunch (123)good for groups (71)neighborhood gem (62)great for brunch (44)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (28)scenic view (21)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Very good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014We had an excellent night,service,food and place were verymgoodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014First time here.... Great menu... Service not so good...Very good wine list. We will return for the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Portions were a bit small but overall the food was very good.Special Features:
- All thumbs up! Fantastic!Harp28VIPDined on 9/11/2014Ai Fiori is such an incredible experience it leaves you speechless. Everything was absolute perfection, the cuisine was exquisite, the service attentive but not overly, really an amazing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/10/2014Perfect balance between inventive and classic itallianSpecial Features:
- Great , but overpricedIrene1Dined on 9/10/2014We celebrated my husband birthday and I wanted make this event special and I have to say that it was ! We had a great time and everything was perfect :))))) I would definitely recomend their soups , octopus , revioly and duck . All my guests ( we were party of 7 ) enjoed appraisers more then main course . When you are going there be ready to pay around $120 per person ( include tax and tips) but overall it was a great expirianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimeDinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014I ate the most perfect piece of halibut ever....ever. I took advantage of the 4 course prix fixe, starting with Vitello Tonnato, crispy veal sweetbreads. The meat was soft and delicate and cooked to just the right consistency. How could I not follow that with black pasta with tiny bits of shellfish. I hated to have my plate cleared. Then arrived the perfect piece of halibut which was moist and flakey, yet substantial in the mouth. Dessert was a lovely "peach melba". Service was impeccable and welcoming without being stuffy. Highly recommend and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fineopentableuserVIPDined on 9/7/2014The food was pretty good and the service was better. But I felt like the whole place was trying too hard. I prefer someplace a bit more relaxed...
- ExcellentTheFevVIPDined on 9/7/2014Ai Fiori is rapidly moving to the upper realm of the top NY restaurantsSpecial Features:
- Elegant perfectionProfressorCMNVIPDined on 9/5/2014Recently experienced our second evening at Al Fiore. There is something very special about this lovely restaurant with uncompromising preparation of its unique yet classic dishes - each menu item is memorable but we will be dreaming of the house made marscapone ravioli for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedJbg1961Dined on 9/3/2014The ambience and service was excellent. The food was poor to average. The snapper appetizer was bland, the tortellini pasta dish: the pasta was tough, filling and sauce were average. The steak was salty. We took guests there because of the location and the Michelin star, but, were embarrassed. With all of the choices in New York, we won't return.
- AubreyDined on 9/3/2014Superb food, superb service, superb wine list … much too noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousDineVIPDined on 8/31/2014Everything was perfect. Great food, excellent service and a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- Best experience everOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food was absolutely amazing. My wife and I went for our anniversary and it was perfect.Special Features:
- incredible experienceDocJimDined on 8/30/2014The whole experience at Ai Fiori was amazing. We wanted to do the chef tasting menu but didn't have enough time so did the price fix 4 course meal based entirely on the waiter's recommendations. My wife and I each had 4 different stellar courses to share. The food was out of this world, the wait staff knowledgeable, friendly and attentive, and the drinks top notch. It does not make for a cheap night out, but I hope to go back soon and would highly recommend trying it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceSteveVIPDined on 8/30/2014Ai Fiore is one of the few places in the city that does everything right. The style is modern but not cold. The service is attentive,gracious, efficient, and accommodating. The food is very good-beautifully presented and wonderfully prepared.Special Features:
- Dinner for 4jb39Dined on 8/29/2014I had the prix fixe. The food was good, but nothing special. That goes for the amuse bouche (particularly boring), a salad and the bronzini main course. Pasta course was very good. Service was excellent. My wife loved her appetizer which involved roe on top of ??. Otherwise nothing outstanding among her choices. For such an expensive, highly rated place, I expected better.Special Features:
- Remains My Favorite in NYCFoodieWestchesterVIPDined on 8/29/2014Have been to this restaurant quite a few times over the last several years. It has never disappointed with food or comfort and the bar is great too!Special Features:
- What a let down...RishiDined on 8/29/2014We decided to dine at this restaurant as we were staying at the attached hotel, Langham Place. However, we would not recommend this restaurant to any of our friends. Although happy to pay premiums for great service and food we were left reeling at the food quality and disingenuous service. New York has its fair share of great eats. Sometimes the hype does not live up to expectation and in the case of Ai Fiori this is exactly the case. Little Italy in New York is a much better bet for great Italian dining. Sorry Ai Fiori you just dont have what it takes to be part of a five star hotel...Special Features:
- Elegant.LionsDined on 8/26/2014First rate dining experience across the board. Old world elegance, superior service, delicious contemporary eclectic menu. A classy, mature true New York experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionyoungfoodieDined on 8/25/2014The staff was amazing, so friendly and very notable of all aspects of the menu. The food was delicious and surprisingly well priced. Our table was perfect so we reccomend booking ahead to get a good spot. Otherwise, plating was artistic and whimsical and the menu selection couldnt be more perfect. I really enjoyed the entire exprience and hope to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly superb atomsphere & serviceNeensDined on 8/25/2014The staff was exceptional, the food delicious and the wine list and our selection was fantastic. Looking forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- Above and BeyondConnieJDined on 8/24/2014Our entire experience at Ai Fiori was above and beyond expectations. We had dinner here while in NYC celebrating our daughter's Sweet 16. I mentioned when booking that it was our daughter's birthday, and the restaurant outdid themselves in making her feel extra special - they chatted and wished her happy birthday, offered to make special virgin cocktails for her (parents enjoyed the wonderful wine list!), brought her complementary specially-prepared agnolotti appetizer and an extra dessert. Every food item that we had was absolutely delicious and beautifully plated. Service was top-notch in every respect. A tad pricey, but worth it; we will definitely return here on a future NYC trip. I've also recommended to friends already.Special Features:
- Nothing crazy. It used to be betterGoodFoodDined on 8/23/2014We've been here a few times and last time was probably 2 years ago. Basically we didn't think it was anything to write home about. The menu is mostly unchanged. Some dishes are presented a little differently. We are foodies, so if you are looking for something really interesting or just really great dish, which would be better than in other places, you'll be disappointed. That's not to say that the food is bad - just relatively boring. Fish is not their forte. If you are looking for seafood and really cool cocktails - Catch in Meat Packing district has both things and really good choices. Plus it's a lot more trendy. TAO downtown is also very lively and hip. Ai Fiori is the opposite-very quite Cocktail list needs some serious improvement.
- WONDERFUL MEALFoodEnthusiastDined on 8/21/2014We had the best time in this restaurant. Our goal was to order and share lots of items. They accommodated us without any hesitation. Everything was prepared exceptionally well. The quality of recipe and preparation resulted in food that raised our eyebrows for its presentation and intense flavor. Our goal was to spend time together chatting but we ended up focused on the food. The service was also memorable, from the first person we met at the door to the sommelier and waiter we could not have been more pleased. For a hotel restaurant, this place is a stand out.Special Features:
- DisappointingLovesItalianDined on 8/21/2014The maitre'd greets you in an over friendly fashion and describes the food in great detail. Everything is "spectacular", the "best". However it turns out that every dish looks very pretty, has lots of ingredients, but the taste is not there. Don't order the Boulliabaisse .... Very disappointing. They give you a few pieces of seafood in a little broth. Has nothing to do with the real thing. I had striped bass which was over cooked. Panna Cotta tasted like caramel pudding. Our pasta dishes were full of unusual ingredients, but did not taste great. No classic pasta dishes, everything is a bit over the top. The place is Very expensive . Go to Felidia insteadSpecial Features:
- Unique ItalianGeneDined on 8/19/2014A real dining experience with great service. Specialty fresh pastas, and meat dishes with very fine favors. Even the salads with heirloom tomatoes was terrific. Topped off with knowledgable attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HGnotesDined on 8/17/20143rd time there - food very good - service was slow on this occasionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/17/2014Very Expensive. $100 per person (6 People). Waiter was a little stuffy. Manager was phenomenal and kept coming to our table.
- YKNYDined on 8/15/2014It was kind of disappointing. The foods were ok, but not memorable, also the all the servers and waiters were not focused. you don't get the feeling that you were taking care of, very mechanical.
- TomTDined on 8/15/2014Ai Fiori (and customers) needs to rethink restaurant week so called 'deal'. the food is ok, good but nothing great. the portion isn't enough, even when you have 3 courses. the issue is about the service and how restaurant prepares for those RW dish. they are not on par with the regular menu and/or any other non-RW day. When we seated, we are not given any bread and when kids start to get hungry waiting for 15 mins, i asked waiter and they give one piece of bread each to the one 'asked', i.e. if you don't ask, you don't get bread, even for the ones sitting on the same table. so for the next 15 mins, 5 of us ate one piece of bread while the 6th person didn't as he didn't ask. this is cost cutting for a 1-star restaurant?Special Features:
- One of the best spaghettis in NYCLeahDined on 8/15/2014We had dinner in the last day of Summer 14 restaurant week. It was the best restaurant week meal I have ever tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant lunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Stylish setting, excellent food, dressy crowd. A special place for lunch--haven't been for dinner. On the expensive side.Special Features:
- Perfect Ending for Restaurant WeekNYCdininngDined on 8/14/2014The serene elegance of the bar and dining room prepared us for a meal to remember -- and the food easily lived up to the setting. Zucchini cold soup was a wonderful appetizer; the pasta entree was flavorful (if you like black olives, which I do); the chocolate/coffee/mocha dessert was the perfect conclusion. We found portion sizes to be satisfactory. Serving personnel were skilled, and added to the quiet, smooth-running atmosphere of the room. Our lunch at Ai Fiori was a perfect way to conclude our Restaurant Week experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunch on fifth avenueAAAAADined on 8/13/2014entree choices could've been a bit more interesting..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/13/2014Wonderful experience, as always. Love RW menu--excellent choices. To begin, we had the pate and the soup. Fantastic! The skate is a winner every time, although one person at my table thought it was a little too salty. Panna cotta and chocolate cake both out of this world. The space is lovely, service is professional. Put this restaurant on your list!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate!LunchPatronDined on 8/13/2014What a lovely setting this was to celebrate my friend's birthday. The three-course Restaurant Week menu was a steal at $25 per person. I will return for the two-course lunch, regularly priced at $42. Service was perfect; food was delicious. The maitre d' Gustavo was great!Special Features:
- Impeccablejudes61Dined on 8/13/2014I hosted a table for luncheon at Ai Fiori and it was a wonderful experience. Our group of five who are in the food and beverage industry were equally impressed with the attentive service, excellent wine list and impeccable food. For starters we ordered the two crudo selections, one was with red snapper and the other with fluke and caviar. Both were superb. The beet and goat cheese salad was delicate, and the goat cheese was creamy and delicious. The Atlantic halibut was cooked to perfection, silky and simply prepared, served over a fresh chickpea emulsion with a hint of clam broth. The pasta Nero,Fantastic! We ordered the entire dessert menu and shared the selections, there isn't enough room here to tell you how delicious they were! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- under expectationluv2dineDined on 8/12/2014went there during the restaurant week. booked 1:15pm on a Tuesday. waited for 10 mins to be seated. the soup was terrible and the roast chicken was too salty. the Panna Cotta was good, but it's just a dessert.
- great choicefoodiefindDined on 8/12/2014Impressed with the food as well as the attentive service for restaurant weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.