Ahi Ahi Sushi Bar & Grill
45 Auto Center Dr.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Ahi Ahi Sushi Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 9496009833
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Saturday & Sunday: 12pm - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Asian, International
- Executive Chef: Richard Wu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ahi Ahi Sushi Bar & Grill
Welcome to Ahi Ahi, we are sushi bar and grill that brings with wide varieties of fish and kitchen entrees. We also provide innovative approaches on fusion, and traditional sushi. We provide a happy hour menu from Sun-Thurs between the hours of 5pm-7pm, and bring you seasonal off-menu fish. We are located on auto center drive, diagonal from California fish grill. We look forward to see you all !!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ahi Ahi Sushi Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Great sushiChuckFromOCVIPDined on 9/6/2014It was our first visit there and we really enjoyed it. Ordered 3 rolls (Rainbow, Lobster, and Yellowtail) and we really enjoyed them. Very fresh, good sized, and the service was excellent. We'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fresh & tastyEva0801VIPDined on 7/30/2014Bento box lunches was well crafted, fresh, and well proportioned. Thanks for my new sushi lunch hotspot!Special Features:
- Kale is the New SpinachVincentDined on 6/14/2014I'm not a sushi or fish for that matter fan. However my wife is a sushi devotee--you could make an argument for Sushi Snob--by I aint goin' there. As long as I can order a teriyaki steak, rice, some vegies, and edamame I'm golden. Our local sushi bar closed recently and we were now on the hunt. Found Ahi Ahi online and read the reviews and decided to give it a try--been there 5 times. That was 4 months ago and we now have a new favorite replaced. The Mrs. claims they are better than the old place, better flavor and the fish is fresher. She really likes the cucumber shashimi and the claims the baked lobster is excellent. As far as my fare, very tasty. Service is tremendous and the artistry and presentation are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Ahi Ahi Sushi Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Good place for a quick lunchksb48VIPDined on 5/15/2014We stopped in on a very hot day for some sushi and ahi/poke salads. We shared a crunch roll....the food was fresh and good and service was good and quick. We will definitely return to try some other items. There's a good variety of lunch specials and it was really busy.Special Features:
- Excellent SushiFrankRabVIPDined on 5/11/2014Ahi Ahi has been a top sushi bar for at least three years. They are supplied by an excellent fish market, often having hard-to-find shellfish like fresh Orange Clam and fresh scallop in the shell. Toro is often available, and Yellowtail Belly as well. The Ponzu is excellent, the tamago good, though I prefer Kyoto-style. Ahi Ahi often has 4 or 5 different white fish, rather than just the standard Hirame. The Sushi chefs are serious about their work, but friendly. The Japanese culture is treated with respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableoutandaboutVIPDined on 4/23/2014The food and service was very good and they had a very good happy hour menu. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive at the right times. The spicy edamame was excellent along with the TNT roll. The yellowtail jalapeño carpaccio was very good I am just used to it being sliced thinner but this way you received more fish! We enjoyed our dinner and will definitely go back.Special Features:
- A good meal!!ksb48VIPDined on 3/31/2014We visit Ahi Ahi as often as we can. The Happy Hour is a fantastic value and gives you the opportunity to try a variety of items without breaking the bank. Everything is fresh and served perfectly seasoned and cooked (or not). We enjoy our meals every time we visit. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit, more coming soonVincentDined on 3/21/2014Excellent all the way around. Fresh food very tasty and excellent presentation. Very friendly staff and we will be back soon.Special Features:
- Weekday Happy Hour is a Mustksb48VIPDined on 3/4/2014The food is always fresh, servings sizes are generous and everything is FRESH! We love the Happy Hour offerings because we can try so many items without breaking the bank. We had the shrimp shumai, garlic edamame, popcorn shrimp, miso, spicy crunch roll, soup and rice....we especially enjoy the hummingbird appetizer....it's generous in size for the price and we each get one of our own. Thank you Ahi Ahi.....we love your foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice findGrangeVIPDined on 2/28/2014What a great little find. Their food was great and I Love good Blue Fin and they had it! Great spot folks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really tasty food with goodBruinVIPDined on 2/13/2014Really tasty food with good portions. We really liked this place and would recommend to our friends. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This a great neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/4/2014This a great neighborhood sushi place. Good sushi, good prices, excellent service. Very unpretentious. I would go back.Special Features:
- Hidden GemPOMvolunteersVIPDined on 12/26/2013Food and service were excellent. Even if you don't eat sushi there is plenty to choose from.Special Features:
- Good Japanese restaurant nearbyANNEWVIPDined on 12/17/2013We have been looking for a good Japanese restaurant in our neighborhood. We went here on my birthday & I liked the ambiance &. that it was clean & new. The portions were plenty. I ordered the chicken teriyaki & California roll, which was good but I can get similiar for less elsewhere. My husband ordered the Tempinyaki & said there were too many onions in the dish. The prices were a bit high but for a special occasion & a clean, new restaurant, I was ok with the price.Special Features:
- Happy Hour....PERFECT!ksb48VIPDined on 12/17/2013Low prices for Happy Hour with great quality and value. We love Ahi Ahi for a bite before a movie....all ingredients are fresh, portions are generous and service is always with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahi Ahi dinner was deliciousksb48VIPDined on 12/2/2013We love to come for the Happy Hour menu....despite the lower prices...they are generous with the rolls (not large mostly rice like some places)....good quality fish and always fresh....servers are pleasant and knowledgeable..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Hour is a great valueksb48VIPDined on 11/12/2013We love the Happy Hour menu. We leave stuffed and don't have to break the bank...sushi is great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly SurprisedBenJDined on 11/10/2013Food was very good. The Happy Hour menu was attractive. Service was excellent even when the place was packed.Special Features:
- Ahi Ahi is a great valueksb48VIPDined on 11/4/2013The sushi is always good quality and portions are not skimpy! We had bento dinners and left stuffed!!Special Features:
- Ahi Ahi delivers a great mealksb48VIPDined on 10/17/2013We love the combination dinners and appetizers. Portions are good and food is consistently hot/fresh.Special Features:
- Ahi Ahi delivers a good meal...ksb48VIPDined on 10/2/2013We love the Happy Hour value and the portion sizes on dinner are good. Salmon is a nice juicy filet and not over sauced. Rolls are nice size and good....Special Features:
- Ahi Ahi a good valueksb48VIPDined on 9/27/2013We really enjoy the staff and the food here....portions are good, sushi is fresh and consistently good and the Happy Hour is terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushiyumsushiVIPDined on 9/27/2013I'm very careful about where I will eat sushi, and Ahi Ahi Sushi is a great place. Great tasting sushi, clean, well decorated, and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ahi Ahi hits the markksb48VIPDined on 9/5/2013We have been going to the Happy Hour dinners and usually get rolls and appetizers. The food is always good and a great value. Last night we had 2 combination dinners and they were great. I had the teriyaki salmon and california roll. The salmon was a good quality filet and not random left over pieces like I have had at other places. It was perfectly cooked and seasoned with fresh veggies, delicious soup and a generous salad (not all iceberg...good lettuce). Combo comes with a full roll. Hubby had teriyaki beef and spicy tuna roll and loved it. We will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Happy Hour valueksb48VIPDined on 9/1/2013We love the Happy Hour menu. The food is always fresh and portions are good. We enjoy the food and the servers are friendly and helpful at all times. Hummingbird is our favorite and the rolls ara good value and always fresh.Special Features:
- Nice little discoveryRockyLVIPDined on 8/29/2013We really enjoyed Ahi Ahi. Great atmosphere and interior deco, and I'd give the food 8/10. We thought the cooked food was really good and everything we tried, including the Tempura, Agedashi Tofu, Teriyaki Beef are all better than your typical SoCal Japanese restaurants. The sushi were fresh, but not the best. We'd say the sushi were 7/10. Service was wonderful and our waitress was very friendly and had good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks better than it tastesJohnicusVIPDined on 6/3/2013The server were nice and the place looks good, however the food is definitely not worth the price. First and last time I'll be there. Might be good for the locals needing and quick fix.
- The sushi was very good butValentinesDelightVIPDined on 4/20/2013The sushi was very good but the rice for whatever reason didn't stay on the sushi very well. So I wouldn't want to say that the food wasnt good, just weird that the rice couldn't stay on the sushi. The shasimi was good and so were the rolls we got.
- We Love Ahi Ahi...ksb48VIPDined on 4/18/2013Our new "go to" sushi place in the area. Happy Hour prices are the BEST! Hummingbird and Lettuce Roll is the Bomb.Special Features:
- Favorite place for lunch ...DEETSDined on 3/8/2013Favorite place for lunch ... Great menu with range and qualitySpecial Features:
- Would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2013Went to Ahi Ahi on Valentine's Day because it was local and it had good reviews. I understand valentine's day is busy at every restaurant but they were extremely understaffed and very unorganized. There were only 3 waiters for the whole restaurant and it seemed like they were not assigned specific sections to wait on because all 3 of them would ask is the same questions over and over but ignore other tables. There was a clear feeling of discomfort and frustration throughout the whole restaurant. For dinner we ordered a combo plate that can out fine but nothing special. We also ordered 2 sushi rolls but neither of them came out looking or tasting how they were described on the menu. We left very disappointed and will not be returning.
- Finally, great sushi near home!!SanJuanFoodieDined on 2/14/2013Awesome neighborhood restaurant. Fantastic sushi. Went on Valentine's night, so the restaurant was completely booked and service was slow. However, the waiter was friendly and made some great suggestions. We will DEFINITELY be back!Special Features:
- I was only in town here forLadybugJVIPDined on 11/12/2012I was only in town here for a night and Ahi Ahi was a great little place for sushi! Happy hour is great and all of the sushi we had was excellent! If I'm in town again, I'd definitely return!
- Good service, good food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/26/2012Good service, good food. Loved their Mango coctail.Special Features: