6430 Telegraph Ave
Oakland, CA 94609Neighborhood:
EthiopianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ahadurestaurant.com/
- Phone: (510) 879-7591
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Ethiopian
- Executive Chef: Lula Fesseha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Chef Lula can cater our full menu, or a variation suitable to your needs. We cater weddings, office parties and all occasions.
- Private Party Facilities: Our entire restaurant can be booked, including the main dining room, back room and back patio.
- Private Party Contact: Fish Araya 5107067755
A word from Ahadu Restaurant
The best Ethiopian restaurant by far in the Bay area. Nine different samplers in one vegetarian combo. Sauteed lamb cooked to perfection, spicy or mild. Come try our doro wot chicken, Ethiopia’s traditional dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ahadu Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Ahaud... ok, but no repeat...OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/13/2013I found Ahadu to be pretty much an ok restaurant. The ambience is kind of Berkeley casual. I had the Meat Sambussa appetizer and it was the best part of the meal especially the spicy green side sauce. I chose the Azawe Tibs with lamb for my entree. The dish is served with a salad and cooked spinach on the plate. The main dish was not as spicy as I thought it would be so I found it to be tasty but a bit bland. Being my first Ethiopian restaurant, I didn't know what Injura was. I do now and I don't care for it. It's soft bread-like and tortilla-looking and used to pick up food off the plate. I asked for a fork. The real downfall was the service. Friendly but slow especially waiting for the check.