100 South Avenida Del Convento, Suite 200
Tucson, AZ 85745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agustinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5203985382x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Clark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Ryan Clark can make any special event a reality. Space within the Mercado San Agustin can accommodate up to 500 guests. Other entertainment areas include the AK Rooftop, Bar/Lounge, Dining Room, Patio and Private Dining Room. Please, inquire about more information by visiting our website.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Clark 5203985382x
- Entertainment: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: 1-10
- Public Transit: Tucson Streetcar(Mid 2014)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is currently widely available. A 1 mile taxi cab from the restaurant will bring you to the front door of almost any downtown show or event. A key way to avoid the downtown congestion.
A word from Agustin Kitchen
Chef Ryan Clark’s creative farm-to-table cuisine inspired by Tucson’s local offerings includes amazing house specialties, an exciting ‘all domestic’ wine list and an arrangement of local draft beers. An award winning bar staff finds the niche in the menu with carefully created craft cocktails and house infusions. The kitchen crew works magic at this Downtown Tucson hot spot that takes sustainability seriously as it sends out tasty locavore lunches and sophisticated dinners, all at prices that are reasonable for what you get; a setting that’s a perfect mix of informal and beautiful and knowledgeable, friendly service complete the picture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Agustin Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Agustin Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (129)neighborhood gem (90)special occasion (79)good for groups (46)hot spot (44)great for outdoor dining (40)romantic (37)great for lunch (34)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (23)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014Food was fabulous. Cocktails were great. Will continue to frequent this restaurant. It is so convenient, now that the trolley stops right in front. Parked at Main Gate and rode the trolley to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reason to ride the streetcarmmtucsonDined on 9/20/2014Ryan Clark's spot on the far West Side Mercado is a great addition to our dining options. Small menu, but filled with interesting options. Hanger Steak (sous vide) is outstanding as are the Divers Scallops. Excellent cioppino. Can't wait to go back and try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John anzelmoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014The wine list is inadequate. There should be many more choices, such as Malbec, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Food was very fresh, and interesting. Had the bread and pesto, a real treat. Salmon salad, yummie!Special Features:
- Scrumptious and memorableBrujenDined on 9/14/2014The food is remarkable and interesting. Liked the many options offered. Wine and beer selections were fun. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningMxmccVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. Interesting menu. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stamp of Approval!FoodJunkieDined on 9/12/2014Great food, excellent service, cool ambiance...defiantly a restaurant we'll be visiting often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Great decor. Menu has interesting spin on classics. My husband had the chicken enchilada which was outstanding. My scallops were average - have had better in a number of other restaurants. Chocolate pistachio bread pudding - to die for. Only complaint about service: each time we put a fork down someone was sweeping in to ask if we were finished. Happened at least three times. Made us feel like they wanted us out and we were in no way lingering about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Noisy AtmosphereeatnOutDined on 9/12/2014We got off to a rough start, were taken to probably the worst table in the restaurant, right next to the kitchen, squeezed in on the end, a tight fit to say the least. I could not move my seat back to get in without disturbing the people behind us. The hostess did reseat us. They were very busy, took awhile to get our drinks, but we were happy to see the restaurant doing so well. When our meals arrived, mine was cold. The server took it back to the kitchen, the manager came by to apologize, and by the time I got my meal, my husband had just about finished his dinner, not a good dining experience. I will say the food was very good, my husband's hanger steak was delicious. Will give it another try.
- Great Birthday Dinnerjimmyc0409Dined on 9/12/2014Service (by John) was just as great a pleasure as the fabulous food. The Cioppino (sp?), the pork shank, the mussels and even the vegetarian pot pie all got rave revues. The oyster appetizer (Eastern) was fresh and delish, and the buffalo (sauced) calamari was to die for. Our french fry expert was in heaven with the extremely crispy, delicately seasoned, and large serving of fries. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteoldladyinTucsonDined on 9/12/2014We came for dinner before the theatre, and had a wonderful meal. We split the entree, which was the most delicious salmon I have ever eaten. It comes directly from Scotland, in dry ice. Cooked just to perfection. And the vegetables were also delicious. We even had dessert--the chocolate bread pudding--which was worth every calorie! Tabitha calibrates her service: just present enough, but not intrusive. We really love this restaurant; they were carefully aware of our schedule. We walked outside to the streetcar and took it to the university area, arriving in plenty of time. If we'd been younger, we could have enjoyed a nightcap here after the show, but we returned via streetcar to our car, and home. A great evening.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnacabDined on 9/11/2014Everything was delicious.. We ordered every appetizer and loved them all.. What wasn't as great was the beer selection.. That's the only thing i would recommend improving..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was outstanding! Each of us in our party 3 ordered one of the specials. Each was really great. Overall, great experience....Special Features:
- You're gonna love this resturaunt!takes1toknow1Dined on 9/10/2014I am often disappointed by restaurants of this price range, in Tucson. Ususally the food is good but I feel "I can make this as well or better..." This is not the case with Agustin Kitchen. Ryan has a little surprise tucked away in in every dish that has you passing your plate around the table asking everyone "Isn't this a great combination? or what exactly has he done to make this so amazing?" Even the cocktails are noteworthy! I will be taking guests back soon!Special Features:
- Good food, great service1026Dined on 9/10/2014Special birthday dinner did not disappoint. Great food, great service, interesting menu. Only complaint was the noise level - very loud, probably due to high ceilings. We had to speak loudly to hear each other and we were sitting pretty close together. The music in the background was overwhelmed by people talking to the point it was indistinguishable and sounded more like a weed-eater or lawnmower. Otherwise really nice. I'd eat outside next time.Special Features:
- DINNER AT AUGUSTINMelbachDined on 9/7/2014I came with 6 of my closest friends to celebrate a double birthday at this highly recommended restaurant. We were seated and attended to perfectly and had a very attentive waitress "Page" who explained all the specials and other questions we had extremely well and with care and concern. We ordered a bunch of appetizer's from the Oyster's to the calamari and they were spot on!! The main courses were fabulous as we ordered everything from the Flank steak all the way down to the Sea bass. The only comment I would like to make it that my Sea Bass though perfectly cooked was extremely bland and I was asking my waitress to get us more Kimchee and adding more salt etc., my guest who also ordered the same dish was doing pretty much the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and loudWinstonDined on 9/6/2014Innovative menu, well prepared, knowledgeable service and cool design. However, the acoustics are not energetic, they are too loud. Our dinner was on a Saturday night. A couple at the adjacent table had to shout at each other, so we heard their conversation. This wasn't so bad since we could not have our own. Maybe the idea is that, by making the environment so loud, the diner has no choice but to focus on the food, which was amazing. One of our party (22 years old) left with a headache. We asked to move to the patio and the maître d' was immediately accommodating; however, the patio was in fact louder because an amplified band was playing. We retreated back into the restaurant to eat. Loud restaurants are a trend but not pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Our party of 6 enjoyed an excellent dinner, fine service, but were very unhappy with the noise level. Almost impossible to visit over the din of voices and clanging of tableware etc. Probably won't return until they maybe 'soften' some of those hard surfaces i.e. empty walls, table tops, tile floors to muffle the clatter.Special Features:
- Nice location; food inconsistentdogbreathDined on 8/31/2014My group has been to Augustin Kitchen about 4 times since last winter. The food was very good and notable on the previous visits. However, this time the food was overcooked and boring. Had the same dishes--specifically the chicken breast and the pork shank. On previous visits, these dishes were delicious. Not so on Sunday. A different cook? Service was spotty as they told us they were short one person. The CMS red blend wine was very good. Hope this visit was an aberration.Special Features:
- Tucson World ClassgsparkyDined on 8/30/2014Finally found some world-class food and well-run establishment. We've been in town nearly a year now, searching every Saturday night for great spots. Rarely have we found the perfect mix of cuisine, quality, service, and price. AK obviously knows what they are doing. Well-run kitchen, everyone is competent and organized. The only nit is that the service, while friendly, competent, and timely was adequate at best. And it's great that they are on OpenTable !!Special Features:
- Discovered a New Gemjane73Dined on 8/29/2014We went with friends who had eaten here before, but this was our first time, but it won't be our last! Andrea was our friendly server who helped make the evening fun. Chef Ryan has been so creative with the entrees and the fresh, local produce he uses. I had the Top Knot Chicken Enchilada, and it was one of the best I have had! It had little cheese which was healthy and full of onions, corn and tomatoes with the chicken and the flavors all rolled together. My husband had the Vegetable Pot Pie and raved about it as well. The other couple enjoyed the Scallops. We loved the atmosphere and the layout of the room with the kitchen in sight. It was fun to watch the guys do their work, yet it was not distracting. It was a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The waiter knew about the menuFriendsDined on 8/22/2014We had a great dinner. It was a bit noises which made it hard to have a conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sldjflksdjVIPDined on 8/21/2014for business professionals going to lunch the wait staff did not have much of a sense of urgency to help their guests get in and out.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014It was really loud in the dining room, was quieter in the bar area, which was great... Foie gras was amazing... We will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experience?kskntucsonDined on 8/20/2014Earlier this week, I took a friend to Agustin Kitchen to celebrate her birthday. Our server, Andrea, was friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable. The food was to die for. My friend had the Crispy Fried Oysters and the Baby Spinach Salad, which were both fantastic! I had the Vegetarian ‘Carbonara’ Pasta, which was amazing! We wrapped things up with the Chocolate ‘Local Bread’ Pudding, which left us raving. Great job, Chef Ryan Clark. Great food, great location, great service, and easy parking. Overall, an outstanding dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocationBillDined on 8/19/2014Corner restaurant is located across the street from the down trolley stop. Inviting courtyard entry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW FAVESbinkydinestucsonDined on 8/19/2014The Calamari appetizer and the Cioppino are ny new Tucson faves in this category. A bit pricey for lunch, but worth it. One of my co-diners had the hanger steak salad, which I'd like to go back to try out. Think I'll try this venue for sat/sun brunch as well.Special Features:
- Great find!NYCBrassVIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was simply great! Service was ok and does need improvement, but nothing worth citing. I will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Several friends had given us thumbs up on the restaurant and we weren't disappointed. Went with another couple and our table was ready when we arrive. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. We pretty much covered the whole menu - Mussels appetizer followed by salads and then scallops, hanger steak, chicken enchilada and cioppino. We all shared a bite and I would be more than happy with any of the dishes again. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Not TucsonChuzifoodDined on 8/16/2014Agustin Kitchen might be my new favorite restaurant in Tucson, along side Cafe Poca Cosa and Vivace. The difference, though, is that Agustin Kitchen really doesn't feel like it should live in Tucson. The ambiance, the quality seafood, and commitment to experimentation feels more like Atlanta or San Francisco, giving it a fresh transportive appeal, without compromising the hominess.Special Features:
- creative cuisineShakespeareDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant specializes in creative upscale cuisine. There is a considerable but not huge choice of plates, with some seafood choices. It is a good choice for a night out with someone who appreciates good food. The location just west of downtown is a nice place to have such a resource. On the Friday night we were there the noise level was at the limit of tolerable. Somehow the restaurant has to find a way to damp it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!robbobDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with friends. The service was outstanding and had a fun vibe. Our food was very good and plenty to share. Even had some gelato for a little birthday treat! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, different food.AztriplemDined on 8/14/2014Ryan Clark is a wonderful chef and his menu shows it in spades. He uses regional ingredients and has fascinating combinations that are all delicious. The jars appetizer with four choices has something for everyone! Wine choices are good, everyone in our party (5) was very happy with what they ate. I've had brunch her before and it is also amazing. Completely recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way, but great foodhiddengemDined on 8/10/2014Agustin is in the Mercado, so it is a little out of the way unless you live nearby. The food is very, very good, among the best in Tucson. The menu is inventive and the presentation is great. The room is a little live, so noise does ricochet around a bit. I recommend it highly and I will be returning regularly.Special Features:
- Brunch at AKsmikeandjosDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I recently ate brunch at AK. We were both very pleased with our meals. I had the chicken enchiladas dish and my husband had the poutine. The enchiladas were delicious, light and fresh tasting and AK's take on poutine was especially good. We were very taken with the 1055 cheese sauce. Nice tang. The portion sizes were just right, not so much that felt gluttonous but enough food to feel completely satisfied. The service was prompt and courteous and our food was served hot and in a timely fashion, but not so quickly that a drink or appetizer couldn't be savored. One of the most pleasant dining experiences we've had out in a good long while. We will be back with family and friends. Incidentally, excellent coffee!Special Features:
- ExceptionalHard2PleaseDined on 8/9/2014Another superb meal at Agustin Kitchen August 9, 2014. Crowded and noisy for a late Saturday dinner so glad we had a reservation. Everyone clearing enjoying themselves and their food. Tim our waiter was a pro; available and responsive without hovering and interrupting. Best San Luis Obispo oysters with a glass of bubbly. Outrageous double pork chop special; divine cavatelli pasta special; was put over the edge by the Mexican coffee. So glad Tucson knows how to cook and present REAL food. Loved it, will be back with friends. Keep up the good work and thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!KelleDined on 8/8/2014I've eaten at Agustin Kitchen many times for lunch, so I was keen to have dinner there. It far surpassed the lunch menu! I had the arancini & cioppino and it was out of this world! My guest has the hangar steak which was so tender and flavorful. We also shared a spinach salad that I would eat every day. I loved seeing so many people out enjoying this fantastic restaurant and the service was perfect, not rushed at all. Agustin Kitchen is definitely going to make my usual restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDesignsDined on 8/8/2014Too much noise. Otherwise outstanding. Service was very quick and the food came out promptly. Two dishes were shared and they were nicely presented. Restaurant is probably one of the best in Tucson with an outstanding Chef!Special Features:
- Austin KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The meal was excellent. However for me the ham portion was too large. I was not able to eat al of it because of the high salt content.Special Features:
- A pleasant evening worth repeatingreasonableDined on 8/5/2014We had dinner on a Tuesday so the restaurant was not crowded. We sat outside in the courtyard of the Mercado, which made for a very pleasant evening even if it was warm. The server seemed to be new but she did everything possible to make sure that all our needs were attended to, including arranging for Happy Birthday to be written on the desert for my companion. The food was excellent and imaginative. We had baked oysters to begin, which were good but not as good as those at PY Steakhouse. The scallops with bacon was very tasty although the risotto was bland. The enchilada was simply excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.