100 South Avenida Del Convento, Suite 200
Tucson, AZ 85745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agustinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5203985382x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Clark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Ryan Clark can make any special event a reality. Space within the Mercado San Agustin can accommodate up to 500 guests. Other entertainment areas include the AK Rooftop, Bar/Lounge, Dining Room, Patio and Private Dining Room. Please, inquire about more information by visiting our website.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Clark 5203985382x
- Entertainment: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: 1-10
- Public Transit: Tucson Streetcar(Mid 2014)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is currently widely available. A 1 mile taxi cab from the restaurant will bring you to the front door of almost any downtown show or event. A key way to avoid the downtown congestion.
A word from Agustin Kitchen
Chef Ryan Clark’s creative farm-to-table cuisine inspired by Tucson’s local offerings includes amazing house specialties, an exciting ‘all domestic’ wine list and an arrangement of local draft beers. An award winning bar staff finds the niche in the menu with carefully created craft cocktails and house infusions. The kitchen crew works magic at this Downtown Tucson hot spot that takes sustainability seriously as it sends out tasty locavore lunches and sophisticated dinners, all at prices that are reasonable for what you get; a setting that’s a perfect mix of informal and beautiful and knowledgeable, friendly service complete the picture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Agustin Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Agustin Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
165 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (124)neighborhood gem (83)special occasion (73)hot spot (50)great for outdoor dining (47)good for groups (42)great for lunch (35)romantic (34)great for brunch (29)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (22)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (4)Show More
- Agustín KitchenfoodmanDined on 10/24/2014Terrific restaurant. This was our first visit. Wonderful waiter. Good wine selection. The steak was tender and delicious. The Korean barbecue bowl was out of this world. The oysters, sweet and sour soup, chocolate gelato were exceptional. It's a real find. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/23/2014Currant jars were good, but salads and entrees were just ok.
- From reservation to payment-lovelyfunandfamesDined on 10/19/2014Delightful and charming -- warm, considerate reservation experience right through payment --considerate personnel with warmth and expertiseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Out-of-the-park GreatanneDined on 10/19/2014Recently introduced friend to the pleasures of Agustin Kitchen, and once again I was totally impressed with all aspects of our dining experience. Servers were knowledgeable, friendly and readily available. Our various food selections were cooked superbly with much imagination. The Current Jars remain a favorite. Chef Ryan's innovation and creativity will continue to bring us back. Thanks for a wonderful brunch prior to the opera.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely satisfying experienceJourneymanDined on 10/18/2014We took a family member for a celebration. Every dish was creative, exquisitely prepared, and sparkling with interesting flavors. The service was friendly and attentive. Every member of our party was delighted. This restaurant should be added to the top of your restaurant rotation.Special Features:
- Always a treat!stxdesertgirlVIPDined on 10/18/2014Best restaurant in Tucson. Chef Ryan Clark is a gem.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 10/18/2014appetizer (Calamari) was just ok, much better last time, everything else was very goodSpecial Features:
- Good eats1948Dined on 10/18/2014There were six of us and we all had delicious meals. Our server "missed" hearing one of us order shrimp with the pasta dish and she gave us a bit of attitude over it saying she "didn't order shrimp" when everyone else heard it. The white wine could have been much colder. Nothing on a warm evening like a very cold glass of white wine.Special Features:
- melsieDined on 10/18/2014This was our second time at Augustin Kitchen; liked it even better. Since we went early (5:15 for dinner) had neat table and attentive waitress. Although we like everything about Augustin (food, service, interesting atmosphere) the real draw for us is the location -- the Mercado. Charming shops built around a courtyard, tables where one can have a meal or just a snack, makes for a delightful visit. Probably the kind of spot Tucson was in the early days !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Negative beginning was twofold.equusartDined on 10/17/2014First time visit, negative start. Extremely loud band & crowd blocking entrance. Had Open Table reservations & table wasn't ready but there were lots of empties that could've been added onto very simply to accommodate us. We had to wait 20+ minutes for our assigned table to be vacated & set up. If the place had been packed it would have been understandable but there were several empty tables that with a little addition would have worked fine for us. Our server Monica get high marks for working with us and being on top of everything. She is a gem. Our food was for the most part very good for 4 of us. Presentation great. The scallops sans bacon dish was so sugary it was inedible. Dish was ordered w/o bacon due to pork allergy. Chef great.Special Features:
- PHO SOUPSewingVIPDined on 10/12/2014We both ordered the Pho Soup which was full of flavor and warmth. There were 5 large succulent shrimp surrounded by rice noodles and crunchy bean sprouts. I was able to have the jalapenos on the side which made it possible to manage my level of heat. It was a hearty bowl of soup that was served in an oversized bowl - too much for just one person!Special Features:
- DebbieVIPDined on 10/12/2014We sat outside on the patio since the inside noise level is fairly high.Special Features:
- Food was OKOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014The Arancini + Cioppino was a bit salty and the portion was fair. The Ham ‘N’ Cheese sandwich was OK, nothing to rave about. Grilled Hanger Steak Salad was very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful mealzoneyboyDined on 10/5/2014We had been following the Kitchen in various reviews for awhile and were happy we stumbled in the week before while we were riding the Tucson Street Car for the first time. We immediately made a reservation for the following week, since we planned to be attending a show at the Music Hall Downtown. My wife had the Cioppino and I had the Diver Clams. Both meals were simply excellent! The service was great and the waiter was very knowledgable. What he didn't know, he quickly found out. We'll come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the beaten path GemSobriquet49Dined on 10/5/2014There's just something about Agustin Mercado that works so well. Off the beaten path and uncrowded. And so is Agustin Kitchen with its variety of flavorful choices. This will be a new fave for me that is also pleasantly off the radar to the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant DiningMercadoFavoriteDined on 10/5/2014This was our second visit for brunch. The service was impeccable & our guests really enjoyed the special, Biscuits and Gravy. We chose to eat outdoors and prefer it because the indoor area has very poor acoustics. Of course dining al fresco would not be an option during our hot summers. We have a friend who was there for dinner. He has a hearing loss and he couldn't participate in conversations. In my opinion, this is the only negative about Agustin Kitchen and it could have an adverse effect on business between May and September. Visitors might also want to tour the housing complex immediately to the south which is reminiscent of old world Europe or Mexico. A ride on the new Sunlink Streetcar is also recommendedSpecial Features:
- Breakfast poutine yum!aroundtucsonDined on 10/5/2014If you can dream about the perfect breakfast that incorporates french fries..then the breakfast poutine is it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/5/2014Mercado San Agustin is a gem and AK is a wonderful part of the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night OutenjoyfoodDined on 10/4/2014We had heard about Agustin Kitchen and had meals prepared by this chef before so we thought we would try it for our anniversary. We had the goat cheese brulee, a mixed salad, and the scallops. All three dishes were well prepared and presented. It was slightly noisy (semi-industrial look, but the wait staff was attentive and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsTucsonAnnieDined on 10/4/2014Great food and a lovely atmosphere, next to a stop on Tucson's new modern streetcar line. Good service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable lunchlairbearDined on 10/3/2014We had an excellent lunch at Agustin Kitchen. Wonderful Pho and very tasty fresh mussels. Service was attentive and knowledgable. Hard surfaces in the interior made it a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedTucNavDined on 10/1/2014Had dinner here on a Wednesday night...the noise level is terrible...server had to repeat herself several times. The food was fair at best and for the price not impressive. Server brought bread but no bread plates and the wedge salad was served with blue cheese crumbles but the no dressing (server apologized once she finally came back...said the kitchen should have caught it...really?!?) The enchilada was served on top of tortilla chips and for the most part was rather tasteless. The burger was good....large and well dressed. Wish we could say this was great as it is close to our son's house but I'm afraid we won't return.
- Great food, so-so wines by glassOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2014Once again we had a great meal at Augustin. The scallops are absolutely divine. We greatly care about the pairing of food and wine, so our one complaint is that the wines available by the glass are rather lackluster.Special Features:
- Always pleasant enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Food is consistently well prepared and presented, nice wine list, peppy atmosphere...a bit too peppy actually. Have been here twice now. The first time was on a busy weekend, and the noise level was deafening. I chalked that up to it being a Saturday night. Ate there again on a Wednesday evening and the restaurant was about two thirds full. Was trying to have a nice romantic dinner, but it was still hard to hear my dining partner over the kitchen and patron noise level. I'll go back, but now I know that this place is better for a group that doesn't mind straining their vocal chords.Special Features:
- Loved this surprise in the desertKsinljDined on 9/24/2014Local food; beautifully executed. Comfort meets quality. Don't miss Agustin Kitchen while in Tucson. Best pepper margarita, clean with a punch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Tucson FavoriteTucsonFoodieVIPDined on 9/21/2014Always great food and service. "Chef's Whim" is something to consider strongly. It changes from day to day, and is usually really good. Easy parking and it is a stop on the new trolley. We eat at Augustin Kitchen then take the trolley downtown to catch a play, opera or musical. That way we don't sweat the parking at Centenial Hall, the Music Center or The Rogue Theater. It's fun, easy and let's us enjoy or favorite restaurant more often.Special Features:
- Excellent Find on the West Side!MikeDined on 9/20/2014Our meal at Agustin Kitchen was excellent! I grew up in Rhode Island, so finding seafood that lives up to home is a challenge in the desert. The calamari we had for an appetizer was brilliant, my scallops entre were absolutely delicious, and my wife's ribeye was on of the best steaks we've had in town. The cocktails were well-prepared, and the staff was very friendly. Stop reading reviews and make a reservation already!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningGinnyJoDined on 9/20/2014Food was fabulous. Cocktails were great. Will continue to frequent this restaurant. It is so convenient, now that the trolley stops right in front. Parked at Main Gate and rode the trolley to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reason to ride the streetcarmmtucsonDined on 9/20/2014Ryan Clark's spot on the far West Side Mercado is a great addition to our dining options. Small menu, but filled with interesting options. Hanger Steak (sous vide) is outstanding as are the Divers Scallops. Excellent cioppino. Can't wait to go back and try more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- John anzelmoMs28Dined on 9/20/2014The wine list is inadequate. There should be many more choices, such as Malbec, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2014Food was very fresh, and interesting. Had the bread and pesto, a real treat. Salmon salad, yummie!Special Features:
- Scrumptious and memorableBrujenDined on 9/14/2014The food is remarkable and interesting. Liked the many options offered. Wine and beer selections were fun. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningMxmccVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food was excellent. Interesting menu. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stamp of Approval!FoodJunkieDined on 9/12/2014Great food, excellent service, cool ambiance...defiantly a restaurant we'll be visiting often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014Great decor. Menu has interesting spin on classics. My husband had the chicken enchilada which was outstanding. My scallops were average - have had better in a number of other restaurants. Chocolate pistachio bread pudding - to die for. Only complaint about service: each time we put a fork down someone was sweeping in to ask if we were finished. Happened at least three times. Made us feel like they wanted us out and we were in no way lingering about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Noisy AtmosphereeatnOutDined on 9/12/2014We got off to a rough start, were taken to probably the worst table in the restaurant, right next to the kitchen, squeezed in on the end, a tight fit to say the least. I could not move my seat back to get in without disturbing the people behind us. The hostess did reseat us. They were very busy, took awhile to get our drinks, but we were happy to see the restaurant doing so well. When our meals arrived, mine was cold. The server took it back to the kitchen, the manager came by to apologize, and by the time I got my meal, my husband had just about finished his dinner, not a good dining experience. I will say the food was very good, my husband's hanger steak was delicious. Will give it another try.
- Great Birthday Dinnerjimmyc0409Dined on 9/12/2014Service (by John) was just as great a pleasure as the fabulous food. The Cioppino (sp?), the pork shank, the mussels and even the vegetarian pot pie all got rave revues. The oyster appetizer (Eastern) was fresh and delish, and the buffalo (sauced) calamari was to die for. Our french fry expert was in heaven with the extremely crispy, delicately seasoned, and large serving of fries. A good time was had by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteoldladyinTucsonDined on 9/12/2014We came for dinner before the theatre, and had a wonderful meal. We split the entree, which was the most delicious salmon I have ever eaten. It comes directly from Scotland, in dry ice. Cooked just to perfection. And the vegetables were also delicious. We even had dessert--the chocolate bread pudding--which was worth every calorie! Tabitha calibrates her service: just present enough, but not intrusive. We really love this restaurant; they were carefully aware of our schedule. We walked outside to the streetcar and took it to the university area, arriving in plenty of time. If we'd been younger, we could have enjoyed a nightcap here after the show, but we returned via streetcar to our car, and home. A great evening.Special Features:
- Great experienceAnacabDined on 9/11/2014Everything was delicious.. We ordered every appetizer and loved them all.. What wasn't as great was the beer selection.. That's the only thing i would recommend improving..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014The food was outstanding! Each of us in our party 3 ordered one of the specials. Each was really great. Overall, great experience....Special Features: