100 South Avenida Del Convento, Suite 200
Tucson, AZ 85745Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agustinkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5203985382x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ryan Clark
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Chef Ryan Clark can make any special event a reality. Space within the Mercado San Agustin can accommodate up to 500 guests. Other entertainment areas include the AK Rooftop, Bar/Lounge, Dining Room, Patio and Private Dining Room. Please, inquire about more information by visiting our website.
- Private Party Contact: Ryan Clark 5203985382x
- Entertainment: Please call for details.
- Cross Street: 1-10
- Public Transit: Tucson Streetcar(Mid 2014)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is currently widely available. A 1 mile taxi cab from the restaurant will bring you to the front door of almost any downtown show or event. A key way to avoid the downtown congestion.
A word from Agustin Kitchen
Chef Ryan Clark’s creative farm-to-table cuisine inspired by Tucson’s local offerings includes amazing house specialties, an exciting ‘all domestic’ wine list and an arrangement of local draft beers. An award winning bar staff finds the niche in the menu with carefully created craft cocktails and house infusions. The kitchen crew works magic at this Downtown Tucson hot spot that takes sustainability seriously as it sends out tasty locavore lunches and sophisticated dinners, all at prices that are reasonable for what you get; a setting that’s a perfect mix of informal and beautiful and knowledgeable, friendly service complete the picture.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Agustin Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
Agustin Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (141)neighborhood gem (96)special occasion (91)great for outdoor dining (51)good for groups (46)hot spot (45)romantic (41)great for lunch (38)great for brunch (37)vibrant bar scene (30)late-night find (19)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great find!NYCBrassVIPDined on 8/17/2014Food was simply great! Service was ok and does need improvement, but nothing worth citing. I will definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Several friends had given us thumbs up on the restaurant and we weren't disappointed. Went with another couple and our table was ready when we arrive. Our server was attentive but not overbearing. We pretty much covered the whole menu - Mussels appetizer followed by salads and then scallops, hanger steak, chicken enchilada and cioppino. We all shared a bite and I would be more than happy with any of the dishes again. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Not TucsonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014Agustin Kitchen might be my new favorite restaurant in Tucson, along side Cafe Poca Cosa and Vivace. The difference, though, is that Agustin Kitchen really doesn't feel like it should live in Tucson. The ambiance, the quality seafood, and commitment to experimentation feels more like Atlanta or San Francisco, giving it a fresh transportive appeal, without compromising the hominess.Special Features:
- creative cuisineShakespeareDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant specializes in creative upscale cuisine. There is a considerable but not huge choice of plates, with some seafood choices. It is a good choice for a night out with someone who appreciates good food. The location just west of downtown is a nice place to have such a resource. On the Friday night we were there the noise level was at the limit of tolerable. Somehow the restaurant has to find a way to damp it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!robbobDined on 8/15/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner with friends. The service was outstanding and had a fun vibe. Our food was very good and plenty to share. Even had some gelato for a little birthday treat! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, different food.AztriplemDined on 8/14/2014Ryan Clark is a wonderful chef and his menu shows it in spades. He uses regional ingredients and has fascinating combinations that are all delicious. The jars appetizer with four choices has something for everyone! Wine choices are good, everyone in our party (5) was very happy with what they ate. I've had brunch her before and it is also amazing. Completely recommend this restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way, but great foodhiddengemDined on 8/10/2014Agustin is in the Mercado, so it is a little out of the way unless you live nearby. The food is very, very good, among the best in Tucson. The menu is inventive and the presentation is great. The room is a little live, so noise does ricochet around a bit. I recommend it highly and I will be returning regularly.Special Features:
- Brunch at AKsmikeandjosDined on 8/10/2014My husband and I recently ate brunch at AK. We were both very pleased with our meals. I had the chicken enchiladas dish and my husband had the poutine. The enchiladas were delicious, light and fresh tasting and AK's take on poutine was especially good. We were very taken with the 1055 cheese sauce. Nice tang. The portion sizes were just right, not so much that felt gluttonous but enough food to feel completely satisfied. The service was prompt and courteous and our food was served hot and in a timely fashion, but not so quickly that a drink or appetizer couldn't be savored. One of the most pleasant dining experiences we've had out in a good long while. We will be back with family and friends. Incidentally, excellent coffee!Special Features:
- ExceptionalHard2PleaseDined on 8/9/2014Another superb meal at Agustin Kitchen August 9, 2014. Crowded and noisy for a late Saturday dinner so glad we had a reservation. Everyone clearing enjoying themselves and their food. Tim our waiter was a pro; available and responsive without hovering and interrupting. Best San Luis Obispo oysters with a glass of bubbly. Outrageous double pork chop special; divine cavatelli pasta special; was put over the edge by the Mexican coffee. So glad Tucson knows how to cook and present REAL food. Loved it, will be back with friends. Keep up the good work and thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!KelleDined on 8/8/2014I've eaten at Agustin Kitchen many times for lunch, so I was keen to have dinner there. It far surpassed the lunch menu! I had the arancini & cioppino and it was out of this world! My guest has the hangar steak which was so tender and flavorful. We also shared a spinach salad that I would eat every day. I loved seeing so many people out enjoying this fantastic restaurant and the service was perfect, not rushed at all. Agustin Kitchen is definitely going to make my usual restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDesignsDined on 8/8/2014Too much noise. Otherwise outstanding. Service was very quick and the food came out promptly. Two dishes were shared and they were nicely presented. Restaurant is probably one of the best in Tucson with an outstanding Chef!Special Features:
- Austin KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The meal was excellent. However for me the ham portion was too large. I was not able to eat al of it because of the high salt content.Special Features:
- A pleasant evening worth repeatingreasonableDined on 8/5/2014We had dinner on a Tuesday so the restaurant was not crowded. We sat outside in the courtyard of the Mercado, which made for a very pleasant evening even if it was warm. The server seemed to be new but she did everything possible to make sure that all our needs were attended to, including arranging for Happy Birthday to be written on the desert for my companion. The food was excellent and imaginative. We had baked oysters to begin, which were good but not as good as those at PY Steakhouse. The scallops with bacon was very tasty although the risotto was bland. The enchilada was simply excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite lovelyBeatthissummerDined on 8/3/2014Took the SunLink there for brunch. Started with mimosas and the donuts. I had the huevos rancheros, she had a salad with steak and these surprisingly delicious fried, stuffed squash blossoms.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnatellaDined on 8/2/2014my fish dish was tasteless, the spinach was watery and too salty, the rice was mushy, my white wine was not cold. I was very dissapointed, on the other hand my husband was pleased with the ribs he ordered unfortunatelly at 7:30 we were told it was the last order available! No atmosphere, lighting terrible, very noisy but very good service.
- Special PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We found Augustin Kitchen by accident whild looking for a last minute dinner reservation on Open Table. What a great find! Our waiter had a great sense of humor and the service and food were excellent! Afterward we sat outside on the covered patio and enjoyed a glass of wine during a monsoon. It was one of those evenings that you just couldn't plan. I recommend this to anyone looking for an evening to relax and unwind. It was also very nice not having to worry about parking and there is a trolly stop just across the street, if one is looking to ride the trolly before or after dinner.Special Features:
- Great foodie findFoodiesAnniversaryDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went here for our 15 year anniversary. We were excited to see what Ryan Clark’s creative farm-to-table cuisine would offer . We loved our dinner, I had the special, Korean short ribs. My husband had the salmon. I loved the pistachio gelato for dessert. Great value for the money. The restaurant has a definite buzz/vibe to it. It's an open area, so not quiet, but full of excitement. Monica, our waitress, was attentive and very friendly. We truly enjoyed our evening and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experiencewhiteknight1950Dined on 7/31/2014I enjoyed my visit here August 2014. Staff very friendly yet professional, kitchen open and vibrant, wine, beer and cocktail list solid, food excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodAnaxgryposDined on 7/30/2014Had some of the best food I've ever had. The staff was great and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placechaxeatsDined on 7/29/2014Great to go to the Convento, where this restaurant is located. The lunch was ok, though not a lot on the menu, and nothing blew me away, except perhaps the mushroom soup, which was quite good. I was frankly hoping this place would be better, as it's a bit out of the way. The real treat was riding the new urban streetcar to the location.
- Great Brunch!Yay4DateNitesDined on 7/27/2014We went on a recommendation from a friend & we were not disappointed. We did the brunch and really enjoyed the food & service. We will definitely be back & hope to have a dinner date sometime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseKateDined on 7/26/2014This has been a place we have enjoyed and picked it for my birthday dinner. The place was jammed which was good for them but the noise level was painful and ruined the evening for us. We had never been there in the summer before and I don't know if the open bar window changed the dynamics. In all fairness there was music going on in the patio outside but it was really the noise from the conversations inside that was the problem. The kitchen was also having trouble keeping up with the crowd.
- I want to love this placelovereallygoodfoodDined on 7/18/2014I really want to love this place, especially given the dearth of fun, tasty restaurants in Tucson. AK is fun, but disappoints when it comes to truly tasty, unique food. Our server was mediocre at best. The ambience is just excellent, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Dining ExperienceEllenTHVIPDined on 7/12/2014We loved this restaurant. It has an open kitchen and a very attentive wait staff. My husband had the chef burger. He said it was quite delicious and cooked just the way he liked it. I had the poached chicken entree. The potatoes were delicious as was the chicken. My chicken would have been perfect but a couple bites of chicken seemed a little pink. I had more than enough to eat so leaving a couple of bites didn't bother me. I probably could have sent the dinner back to the kitchen, but I didn't want to be eating my entree alone. I give this dining experience an almost five star rating.Special Features:
- jers150Dined on 7/11/2014All kinds of yummy tastes. With a full house the noise level made it a challenge to carry a normal conversation and to hear our waitress. Otherwise love Augustin'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen hits the mark!EJK777Dined on 7/10/2014Hidden away west of downtown Tucson. Soon to be destination for light rail diners too. Outstanding and award winning chef. Great oyster options for starters. We had the wonderful pork belly and the excellent hangar steak. Very good wines, beers and spirits. Everything at reasonable prices too! The service was very attentive but not overwhelming...just the right approach. Will definitely return and already recommending the Kitchen to friends.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner!mefiDined on 7/4/2014My friend and I thought the salmon dish was superb and our waitress was exceptionally helpful. I have eaten at Agustin Kitchen several times and will return many more.Special Features:
- Not as special as it could bePepperFreeDined on 6/29/2014While the menu is diverse and we applaud their use of locally acquired ingredients the execution of the dishes is average. Ordering food for someone with a food allergy is always a challenge and the menu had very limited choices that could be modified. When the dish arrived it was indeed safe to eat but was also very bland. It was disappointing that the chef/kitchen couldn't season chicken and mashed potatoes with something tasty when pepper was removed from their options. The bar used small open champagne glasses to serve martinis which is just ridiculous! Other cocktails were served in appropriate glassware and the owners should be aware enough in this era of martini popularity to use the correct glassware!!!Special Features:
- Ms Jody McKeeverMJMWestDined on 6/29/2014The atmoshere is Chic and soothing combining marble and dark wood .Service was very friendly,wait time short .Many unusual cocktails with interesting infusions .The first time food * OUTSTANDING :Berkshire Pork Shank roasted ,melt in mouth tender, mashed potatoes ,carmelized pearl onions , apple slaw with lemon mash. Second time*GOOD: specialty Margarita , fried Calamari -crisp /spicey very tasty."The asterisks" were the items at half price unfortunately the asterisks were small and faint and we picked items without ,ended up paying more for apps and drinks than dinner .Dinner was good.Clams in an indiscernable broth without bread necessary for sopping and a Seafood Pho.Shrimp and Pork in Pho but pork missing unless it was a Pork broth?Special Features:
- Good againLainiebcDined on 6/28/2014Fully enjoyed our birthday-anniversary dinner last weekend. All four of us had different entries and all were prepared perfectly. The chocolate bread pudding was supurb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uneven food qualitysophiemomDined on 6/28/2014I had wonderful scallops, my husband had a mediocre and small enchilada, one friend had a good burger, the other had a disappointing chicken dish. This person also thought her Manhattan was on the small side. We ate early. By the end of our meal, it was so noisy, we had trouble hearing each other. Why do most restaurants refuse acoustics? We were looking forward to eating at Agustins. It was a disappointment.
- Loved it!yespleaseDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I went on the recommendation of a friend. I love fine dining, he is a beer and burger guy. This place hit the nail on the head for both of us. He had a Kilt Lifter in a can, I had a gin infusion and a house red wine both $5 for happy hour if I recall correctly. Awesome oysters and steak tartare. He had the enchiladas. I had the "succotash and such." Probably the best vegetarian dish I've ever eaten. He said he liked his food too- Actually a glowing review from the most laid back diner ever. $100 out the door for 5 drinks, 3 apps and 2 entrees. Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has to be the best in TucsonMainerDined on 6/27/2014Treated two friends for their birthday lunch and can't remember having such a great eating experience like this one, ever, in my many years in Tucson. We all raved about the menu and our choices. Our waiter and service could not be improved upon. Love the location and easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love Agustin Kitchen!AsherahDined on 6/25/2014When Ryan Clark became the new chef with the opening of Agustin Kitchen, my favorite restaurant changed. Absolutely, have enjoyed every dinner at the Kitchen and the food never disappoints. I especially value the philosophy of the Kitchen and the personal involvement of the staff to make sure that "Farm to Table" is the standard to which they aspire and it shows. Although there are others, the Salmon at the Kitchen is the best I have ever tasted; so perfectly tender that it almost melts! Veggies are never belabored and always add a fresh crunch full of flavor. We are huge fans and love visiting the Mercado whether for the Santa Cruz Farmer's market, the shops there or other special events. We will keep coming back and always recommendSpecial Features:
- Lunch was a missSqirlpowrDined on 6/25/2014I had an amazing experience the first time I had dinner at AK, but when I returned for lunch it was the polar opposite. I understand that a lunch crowd is completely different, but we were the only guests in the entire restaurant, meaning there was no crowd. No biggie. My concern was more about the Pho that I ordered. A challenging dish for a chef who raves about local ingredients, this is the southwest you know. Everyone in this town has a local Pho joint and AK will never make it on anyone's list. The broth which claims to be dashi, is far from it. No complexity, no character, no noticeable kombu, simply bland white fish soup. I still like the place, but this attempt is obviously beyond chef's ability. The cioppino is a better choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem of a RestaurantEllenTHVIPDined on 6/25/2014A friend and I visited Agustin Kitchen for the first time this week. What a pleasurable experience. The food was so fresh and delicious! We both tried the salmon and spinach salad. The best salad I have ever had at a restaurant! The service was perfect. I can't wait to visit this gem of a restaurant again. Oh, it is right on the new streetcar line, so easy to get to without having to worry about parking (there is plenty available).Special Features:
- Delicious with a flair.FortunataDined on 6/20/2014A variety of dishes, some comfort food, but with a twist, vegetarian, and great appetizers (from oysters to unique "smears" for dipping with bread) and salads. Everything was very fresh and beautifully prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentbirthdaygirlDined on 6/19/2014The greeter was engaging and helpful; the server just the opposite. The cioppino was like eating seafood in spaghetti sauce--too thick and overwhelming the tender seafood.Special Features:
- Great Menu Great Service Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/19/2014Had a very enjoyable dinner with the family for my birthday. One of the best dining out experiences we've had lately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableAzgirlDined on 6/15/2014New menu, new chef - we've always enjoyed going but this time was even better. More decisions to be made regarding the menu. Our appetizer, salad and dinners were very good.Special Features: