Agriculture Public House at Dawn Ranch
16467 Hwy 116 (River Road)
Guerneville, CA 95446Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Agriculture Public House at Dawn Ranch
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dawnranch.com/
- Phone: 7078690656x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sa 12:00pm-5:30pm
Dinner: Fr-Sa 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Fernando Plazola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Catering: We focus on locally sourced organic product. Our full service bar offers local beer, wine, and speciality cocktails.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer various options for indoor and outdoor private events in a natural, park-like setting.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Clark 7078690656x112
- Entertainment: You may provide your own band at our historic poolside band shell.
- Special Events: We offer an unique setting for celebrations of any kind. Business retreats & team building, weddings, family reunions, private dinners, dine & stay packages, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Indoor and outdoor space available.
A word from Agriculture Public House at Dawn Ranch
Agriculture Public House at Dawn Ranch focuses on locally sourced organic product. Our full service bar offers local beer, wine, and speciality cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agriculture Public House at Dawn Ranch reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (7)scenic view (7)special occasion (6)romantic (6)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (3)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Nice Find in GuernevillerayzosunVIPDined on 8/16/2014I dined at Agriculture for the second time this year and enjoyed the whole experience once again. We ordered and shared mostly the smaller plates like the calamari, gazpacho, and ceviche, and then shared two (sizable) entrees between the four of us. The roasted chicken with fries was great, as before. The King salmon was even better and cooked just right with some pink in the middle. The server gauged our mood right away and was playful, but still efficient. There is a slight mustiness and the lighting could be better. There was a wedding party raging outside by the pool area, but it was still very comfortable to have great conversations with friends inside the restaurant. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deck in the redwoodsflyingchanges33Dined on 8/2/2014Wonderful creative food and lovely setting in the redwoods. Complimentary champagne for our anniversary. Superb Dawn ranch wine by the glass. Attentive waiter. Can't understand why this place was not packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okayburlyVIPDined on 7/25/2014The location is beautiful, and the restaurant is very spacious. Wait staff were attentive. The food--just mediocre. My salad was a bit limp. My husband did not like his salmon, and I had the chicken. The chicken was tasty, however had a significant amount of salt. Was served with fries only. Would we go back? Only for a drink and appetizer.Special Features:
- Could be betterDCampVIPDined on 7/5/2014Other family members recommended the restaurant but on this evening the food was ok and the service was very slow. The staff seemed like they were all in a bad mood for some reason.Special Features:
- Splendid!CAnaiveDined on 6/15/2014Maybe it was being able to dine outdoors surrounded by towering redwoods on a magnificent evening. Maybe it was the mix of flavors in the appetizers of pulled pork ravioli, yukon potato gnocchi, and calamari, to the delicious entrees of pork chop, risotto, mussels and chicken. Maybe it was Jack's great service. Or the freshly baked rosemary focaccia bread and olive oil cake dripping with fresh peaches. Whatever it was, or because of all of it pulled so nicely together, the four of us found our experience to be quite wonderful. As folks who dine out often in San Francisco and Peninsula, the Palm Springs area and Sonoma County, Agriculture was refreshing and, in our case, right in our own backyard.Special Features:
- RingLeader1VIPDined on 5/24/2014What a wonderful evening! From our first bites, gnocchi, cerviche, and the sausage, our main bites, the pork chop and the grilled salmon to dessert, all the food was wonderfully prepared and tasty. The cocktails were great too, thank you to the bartender for sharing the recipe for the cocktail that I somehow managed to enjoy three of... Service was very good too, all the servers who came to our table were funny, gracious, and accommodating. This was our second time dining here, and I think it was even better this time! We'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Russian River hideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/23/2014Delicious food. Very friendly staff. Beautiful setting (open sky surrounded by redwoods). The previous site of Fife's, this bucolic setting is perfect for a quiet dinner whether you're gay or straight, visitor or local. We enjoyed it so much that we ate there three days in a row. (Because the lunch menu is a daily item, there were some misses on the selection (salad and light fare recommended). And the decor is a little rough around the edges - but that could be charming depending on your perspective. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is everyone?leflerpetVIPDined on 5/22/2014Agriculture Public House was fabulous and the service was beyond great. Our server was very friendly and had great suggestions. Everything was beyond our expectations and it was even better that we could walk to dinner from our hotel. The spicy sausage couscous were wonderful and the wine list although not very extensive had a very cross section of wines and the prices were very reasonable. I would recommend this place and we'll return again the next time we are in Guerneville.Special Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Agriculture Public House at Dawn Ranch reviews archive.
- Great surprise in GuernevilledegalsfDined on 3/23/2014Why isn't this place packed? We hadn't been to this restaurant for a few years but decided to try it again after reading some reviews. Glad we did. Ended up coming back again with friends a couple of days later. Obviously a new and talented chef. Nice quiet, lodge-like dining area with windows to the trees. Very friendly staff. Food was delicious, creative, and beautifully plated. Pulled pork raviolis with a tapenade was delicious. As was a salad made from a full romaine lettuce head, lightly roasted with their dressing, white anchovies and homemade croutons. Flatbread apps were little creative pizzas. And the butterscotch pudding desert was amazing. Dining room is lodge-like with woodsy views. Service very friendly both times we went. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/13/2014I would HIGHLY recommend this restaurant! I had one of the top 10 meals of my life. Everything was perfection! Me and my guest enjoyed some La Crema Chardonnay, the wild mushroom flat bread, grilled asparagus, the pork chop, and some butterscotch pudding for dessert. We will certainly be back. I'm so happy to have discovered this little gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again a winnerRubiegirl23Dined on 2/1/2014Since we have a cabin in Guerneville, we have eaten at Agriculture, many times. l. The fried calamari was as tender and fresh as I have tasted anywhere. My parents and I had the pork chop with shredded brussel sprouts and pancetta, with a crispy polenta wedge. Oh my, the pork chop was meaty and juicier than I think that I have ever had. My husband had the hangar steak, cooked to perfection. They finally brought back their Caesar salad but with a grilled romaine, shaved parmesan and an outstanding dressing with a wonderful flavor of anchovies. The food and service is always wonderful and attentive. The new menu is outstanding and we can't wait to return to the River to try new menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foo d was very good.SpecialWedontneednonicknamesVIPDined on 11/1/2013Foo d was very good.Special sea bass was excellent as well as the salmon and mussels.The salads were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining roomLoriDined on 10/11/2013We had a great dinner in a beautiful setting. The service was superb and my chicken dinner was wonderful. I can't wait to get back up there again.Special Features:
- We loved this place. The foodJohnkatDined on 10/4/2013We loved this place. The food was delicious, the staff was friendly and attentive. It was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special attentionPatgazDined on 9/28/2013We had a wonderful dinner at Agricultural Restaurant . We had stayed at Dawn Ranch Lodge on an evening when the restaurant was not open so we decided to return at a later date. We were given a nice corner table and received prompt, personable service by the waitress and the manager. we had an heirloom tomato salad that was fresh and a delicious blend of flavors. The steak I ordered was prepared exactly as I described and was delicious . My husband's swordfish and crab was perfectly done and beautifully presented. This is one of a very few nice restaurants in the Guerneville area that I would recommend.Special Features:
- Great food that was healthyWedontneednonicknamesVIPDined on 9/12/2013Great food that was healthy and even good for you.Vegan soup was outstanding as were the salads we had.Service was attentive.Free corkage on Thursdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, beautiful settingDrLydiaGrayDined on 8/30/2013Had dinner at Agriculture with my family this weekend. We were all very impressed. The food was beautiful, particularly loved the Ravioli. The service was excellent, our waitress was friendly and helpful. The setting is gorgeous, very nice to have a drink before or after on the deck. The restaurant itself was cosy and beautifully decorated, with photos of the old lodge through the years. Also we were there with children, it would also be a perfect setting for a romantic night out. Overall it was a great experience, and I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for a relaxing mealFoodieFanDined on 8/29/2013Good Food, very pleasant outside dining and great indoor space too. Limited menu chosen with care and it works! Paella was a special and enjoyable. Great presentation of food. This is a good place for many reasons and we will return.Special Features:
- Disappointing Saturday Nite DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/17/2013My wife, daughter and I were looking forward to a pleasant Saturday Nite Dinner, but we had numerous disappointments. No parking + Big faux pas by not telling us until after we ordered that 3 of the menu items were no longer available (escarole salad, Mussels and Duck sandwich). Salmon was acceptable but not very flavorful. The apple crisp dessert was a tiny portion in an aluminum tin, tasty enough but way overpriced for what we got. The endive salad was mostly arugula with endive hard to find. On the positive side: friendly waitress (albeit not knowledgeable about the menu item availability), nice atmosphere (patio deck, trees, open sky), excellent roast chicken and prawns. Unfortunately, not enough good food to consider a return.
- Cool VibefultonVIPDined on 8/16/2013Don't miss this local gem..............Butter salad with prawns is excellent as is the pulled pork ravioli.........................Beautiful Bar!!Special Features: