807 Lexington Ave
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.agrarestaurantnyc.com/
- Phone: 2123088281
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Takeout, Wine
A word from Agra Restaurant
Premier Indian restaurant in the Upper East Side. Come give us a try!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agra Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (8)fit for foodies (4)good for groups (4)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)romantic (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Well Worth the Climb!YonkersNativeVIPDined on 10/15/2014Don't let appearances fool you: Agra may not have the most upscale storefront, but once inside--requiring climbing up a flight of stairs--you are transported into a wonderful Indian environment where music, soft lighting and friendly greeters put you in the right mood for a worthwhile dining experience. Seating was plentiful for midweek and the wait wasn't long for my appetizer (assorted) and entree (chicken chunks in a spinach-and-pineapple base). The pineapple gave my main plate a nice tangy taste mixed in with the herbs and spices which were not overpowering the meal. Served with rice, lentils and cabbage, I somehow managed to finish it! The service was not intrusive but otherwise helpful. Very nice and a keeper!Special Features:
- Unique location, dependably good foodMidtownEatsVIPDined on 10/11/2014Yes, the entryway is unconventional. Yes, you may find yourself seated right next to the fire escape. Yes, the walls are a dark pink. And yes, you should eat there. Everything we ordered was excellent: samosas (not too doughy, with generous fillings), lamb biryani, shrimp malai, and the standard chicken tandoori and chicken tikka masala. Very cheerful and confident service from our waiter. Quite a few groups on a Friday night, but the noise level wasn't distractingly high. If you are seated near the window, the second-floor location makes the restaurant feel somewhat removed from the city's hustle and bustle -- it feels like a nice retreat.Special Features:
- Worth climbing the stairsBeachcomberVIPDined on 9/12/2014Located on the second floor, this authentic Indian restaurant is worth the climb. Great, friendly service and excellent food make this a neighborhood treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic late Sunday dinnerjayjaydDined on 7/13/2014Great little spot for authentic Indian food. Went there with a friend from out of town I've known since third grade. We had naan, Lamb vindaloo, chicken tiki Masala, lassi, and chair. Fantastic value, lots of delicious food! Absolutely will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Agra Restaurant reviews archive.
- A real findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2014It's always hard to find a meal that isn't overpriced in this neighborhood. This is value and a great place to know about when you need a good meal near Bloomingdales.Special Features:
- as good as any other or better.titan123Dined on 6/7/2014Agra is a great place with better food. Fair prices and better food. Do not mind the stairs. Worth the climb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A small bit of IndiaLuv2trynewplacwsVIPDined on 6/3/2014A bit of India on East side of Manhattan. Excellent service, prompt serving of authentic flavours of India which transported me to the East Asia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuthsiegVIPDined on 5/22/2014good food. nice service. must go up one flight of stairs to second floor to enter restaurant, but nice view from there.
- A TRUE Neighborhood GemABonitaDined on 4/5/2014The food is superb and subtle, the service is cordial and knowledgeable, the prices are astonishingly reasonable, and the location is within one block of the F train and two blocks of the 4/5/6 and N/Q/R. Both carnivores and vegetarians will find much to enjoy. One caveat: do not fill up on the Kashmiri naan, or you'll have no room for dinner!Special Features:
- addictedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013once you eat here, you will crave it and make it a wkly ritualSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.