Agozar Cuban Bistro
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Agozar Cuban Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agozarnyc.com/
- Phone: 2126776773x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sundays 5pm - 9pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 12:00pm-4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11am-4pm, Sunday 11:30am- 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for private events and parties.
Visit our catering menu by clicking the link below:
- Entertainment: Live DJ.
- Special Events: We are well known for special events and private parties. Visit our Special Events page by clicking the link below:
A word from Agozar Cuban Bistro
Agozar! means to have a great time, and you will in this hip Cuban restaurant and Lounge offering the best in Cuban cuisine and Latin drinks. Nightly Happy Hour in Bar/lounge Buy 1 Get Free Drinks and Tapas. Now open for Lunch!Continued
Take a tour of the restaurant by clicking the link below.
Agozar Virtual Tour
Take a tour of the restaurant by clicking the link below.
Agozar Virtual Tour
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agozar Cuban Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Well-intentioned but a little offbonvivantLAVIPDined on 8/18/2013Food was OK, atmosphere fun and staff friendly and meant well but service was REALLY slow and just not great, the owner kept pitching in and helping the waiter but it was all very disorganized. Bar was busy but dining room dead and even with very few tables to handle, we rarely saw the waiter. They ran out of white wines except Reisling. Mojitos were good though. With all the choices in NYC, wouldn't recommend.
- It was okayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2013Have to admit. Read lots if great reviews. But for a Cuban restaurant I thought much of the food was bland. And to me Cuban food should have a lot of spices and flavores.Special Features:
- Delicious Food & Excellent ServiceElocDined on 8/16/2013We came in with a group of four, all very excited to try Agozar because we had heard such great things. We were not disappointed, the menu had something for everyone and it was all delicious. Also, the service was friendly and attentive but not overbearing just the way it should be. Whether you are already a fan of Cuban Cuisine or it's your first time, I recommend Agozar to everyone!Special Features:
- great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2013good food, fun atmosphere, goods for groups, great location! would recommend and go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!EveyDined on 8/6/2013Great place for a delicious meal and a great time with friends or family. Not a big place. But if you make reservations, it's a great place for a group dinner. Plus the bar area is nice too (: Love the paella and dulce de leche!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Colorful Spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/31/2013The menu is varied, allowing you to order tapas, a salad fit for a meal, or an entrée.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu, mediocre waitstaffLizLDined on 7/19/2013The food was fantastic. We split a bunch of dishes off several sections of the menu and everything was quite tasty. Our waiter seemed obviously stressed (perhaps due to the fact that there was a table of 10 nearby) and was not very friendly. My husband had to wait a while for a beer after everyone else's drinks had already come, and when he asked about it, the waiter seemed annoyed. He eventually let us know that, although we could still ask him for things, he was turning us over to another waiter so that he himself could focus on the larger party. We never even saw this "other waiter" and so could only order from the first waiter. It then took ages to pay, and they made an error with the credit cards after all that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good, but thenycIloveyouVIPDined on 7/16/2013The food was good, but the waiter was a little pushy to get our orders in.Special Features:
- Loud and OverpricedMsFoodieDined on 7/14/2013Came here because I saw a review saying that it's a good place for a boozy brunch. The meal itself is $14-$18 and if you want alcohol, it's an extra $6-$10. The restaurant was crazy loud. I really don't recommend this place at all.
- terrible service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2013my friend and i met for brunch this past sunday. the dining room is small, and i believe they only have one server. however, the restaurant wasn't that crowded. in a 2-hour time span, he came to our table twice. the drinks were good, except we had to keep flagging down busboys to bring them to us. both of us ordered eggs benedict, and the poached eggs were hard cooked. my friend sent hers back twice because they were so badly prepared. really, really disappointing.
- Cute but Crazy L-O-U-DIlTenoreVIPDined on 7/7/2013We decided to try something a little different and booked Sunday brunch here during the heatwave. The rear dining room is an inviting and colorful space with great air conditioning, so we were pleased with our first impression. Apparently the information on their website is no longer entirely accurate, though -- brunch including a choice of sangria or Bloody Mary now just includes sangria. The food was good; ordinary, not spectacular, and the noise level was absolutely unbearable by mid-afternoon. We might try again, earlier in the day, while the party crowd is still sleeping off their Saturday night. Being charged for our Bloody Marys turned a $35 value into $60 with tip. Not cost-quality balanced. Quieter bar area has seating but no air.
- Best brunchMannyLDined on 7/4/2013Authentic Cuban food! Staff is super special and make you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constant WaitingConstantWaitingDined on 6/22/2013I cannot complain about the food or the sangria. We did the brunch special and loved the constant refills. However, the wait for the food was horrible. Took an hour to get our tapas, and even longer for our actual food. We ordered dessert and that also took long, and we had to ask for the bill three times. The restaurant was also pretty empty. This is a great place for food and drinks, really wish they would improve their service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best brunch and mojitos in townFoodieVIPDined on 6/16/2013We spend our Mojito Monday at Agozar but have not been there for brunch until Father's Day. We took the kids. There is no children's menu but they made something on the spot for them. Kids had a great time. Everything (food, service and ambience) was outstanding. highly recommend Agozar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the espresso martini!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013I went to Agozar Cuban Bistro with a group of six. We were seated quickly (with a reservation, of course) and our waiter was kind and attentive. He made excellent drink recommendations and I had a great Cuban Colada, a Huracån margarita, and, the most heavenly, an espresso martini. The food was delicious and we mostly just shared a bunch of tapas. We ate there around 9PM on a Saturday before checking out bars in the area. Surprisingly, Agozar wasn't too crowded despite its East Village location. I'm no authority on Cuban food, but for tapas this place was great. Of course, if you go then you MUST try the espresso martini on the dessert menu. Outstanding!! I'll definitely be returning in a group again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice of drinks, highlyEricaHDined on 6/10/2013Good choice of drinks, highly recommend the grape mojito. Excellent choice of tapas and very helpful and attentive service. Vibrant little gem, reminded me of when I studied in Cuba!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- M chanTakoyakiVIPDined on 5/20/2013I like the inside of the restaurant, they were nice, food was good and price was good!! I want to go back to the restaurant again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Job AgozarOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/12/2013Made a last minute reservation here for Mother's Day Brunch and was worried considering that it wasn't a recommendation. But what a great surprise! Our party of nine arrived an hour early and the restaurant made absolutely no fuss about seating us early. We waited less than 10 minutes. We partook in the Pre-Fixe Brunch and it was absolutely DELICIOUS. The fruit salad with fresh whip cream was a great way to start the meal. With the meal came two carafes of Sangria that was nothing to write home about but the food to follow more than made up for it. Our party selected almost every dish on the menu, making it possible to really sample what Agozar had to offer. The true test was when my very picky mother could not stop raving about the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food. People wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/11/2013Amazing food. People were kind and helpful with the menu. Unlimited sangria and brunch well worth the $28. Our server acknowledged it was taking a while for our food to come out, but he made up for it by giving us an appetizer and a side dish on the house.Special Features:
- This is a very pleasant littlemnbnycVIPDined on 4/7/2013This is a very pleasant little place with good food, attentive service and a nice friendly atmosphere. as I was there only for brunch and alone it is hard to say much about the food on the rest of the menu but what I had was very good.Special Features:
- I guess it's because we wentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/31/2013I guess it's because we went on Easter Sunday, every diner has to order from the prix fixe menu. I think without the subpar fruit salad for appetizer and the mediocre dessert tasting plate, I think the overall brunch experience would be better. As a diner I do not like to be forced to take the prix fixe menu. Moreover the reason why I chose agozar is for their unlimited sangria brunch special. For Easter Sunday, each table got a carafe which filled about 6 small glasses for 3 diners. I was a little disappointed. The entrees were good. Otherwise the rest of the experience was ok.
- Not the best Cuban food innjp584VIPDined on 3/28/2013Not the best Cuban food in the city, or even in the village (That would be Cafe Habana!) but very good tapas, a great drink menu, and a relaxing atmosphere for people who hate having crazy house or techno music pumped in while they struggle to carry on polite dinner conversation.
- Unfortunate...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The wait was long. Hostess was unfriendly. The appetizers were too small and overpriced, the entrees lacked flavor. Shrimp tasted as if it hadn't been cleaned right, pork chops were bland. Not please at all. So unfortunate to have taken my boyfriend there for his birthday. Never going back.
- Vibrant croud. Orderly. GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Vibrant croud. Orderly. Great service. Maitre d was very accommodating. Overall enjoyable as usual.Special Features:
- We had an awesome experienceKaseyDined on 3/16/2013We had an awesome experience here! The hostess was wonderful and accommodated us even when we had an extra person and had to start brunch late. The sangria never stopped flowing, and the food was very good. Service was great as well.Special Features:
- Their tapas is great, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013Their tapas is great, and a great deal if you come between 5-8pm. Their salalds are good, but they go a little heavy on the dressing.Special Features:
- Great drinks; didn't like the food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2013Me and my best friend went just to have a little best friend time. The sangrito was good but wasnt impressed with the food at all. I paid 76 dollars and wasnt really satisfied. I've had better authentic Cuban food at other places. The atmosphere was ok but the dining set up was awkward. They sat us in the back which I didn't like because if we needed anything we had to walk and locate our waiter so that was a inconvenience. Therefore, that was my first and last time there.Special Features:
- Very fun atmosphere. WentCloeyDined on 2/24/2013Very fun atmosphere. Went for brunch and the sangria is amazing! Will be returning.Special Features:
- wow, really, really LOUD,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013wow, really, really LOUD, obnoxiously so. and while our order was lost, and our drinks were forgotten (the waiter comp-ed us a round), the service was good enough all the same. pretty flat and uninspired food, not so great for vegetarians. i wouldn't recommend it, and wouldn't return.
- This is one of the loudestOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2013This is one of the loudest restaurants I've ever been to. It has such poor acoustics that my party of 4 could hardly hear each other over the shrieking of a couple of large parties of girls seated on the same room. The food was mediocre, too.
- I went for brunch and it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/17/2013I went for brunch and it was fantastic. The menu is limited but food was great and the server never let our pitcher of sangria remain empty.Special Features:
- A group of us went here forOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/3/2013A group of us went here for the Superbowl and had a great time. Although the server was a little busier than expected, the staff was friendly and the appetizers were great. The manager went out of her way to make sure that all the tables were ok.Special Features:
- Good food, good companyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/12/2013Went to Agozar with my cousins and her friends from out of town. It was a great time, full of laughter and they thoroughly enjoyed the food. We ordered the paella, the sweet plantains, the steak, and a lot more, plus the sangria. I had a little issue where they were being nitpicky about everything. They came over and explained that since it was a 1000 point menu reservation, everyone had to order an entree. This had never happened with any of my other reservations before. Then they proceeded to go back and forth just trying to see if they would honor my OpenTable diners check, which should not be a problem in any case. It was a fun time however and the food was good.
- Great place, great food, greatnuric13Dined on 1/3/2013Great place, great food, great atmosphere. I recommend this place and the Sangria!Special Features:
- Went here with a group ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2012Went here with a group of 5 for dinner and had a very enjoyable meal. The Paella was delicious!Special Features:
- My husband ans I went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012My husband ans I went there for the Christmas supper, 3 services for 35$. Seafood great, chicken dry, good portions. Not worth 35$, especially not when the bill arrived, and we discovered the gratuity already on it, 20%, and tax added OVER the price of gratuity!!! We didn't fight over it, but we will never go back!
- Food was very good. The roastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012Food was very good. The roast pork was outstanding. Unfortunately our server forgot one of our people's entrees. The entire table except one was served. When we reminded him - there was no result. It took a second reminder for the food to appear.
- Went for dinner, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/23/2012Went for dinner, food was delicious and never felt like we were being rushed, also saw there was a 2 for 1 happy hour, maybe next time. excellent spot to eat.Special Features:
- Good food, good service. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/20/2012Good food, good service. My only complaint would be that for a Cuban restaurant, they didn't play ANY Cuban music, so while the decor was Cuban-esque, that's where it stopped. I think the music would have helped to "transport" me more.Special Features:
- Excellent food, great prices,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/16/2012Excellent food, great prices, unlimited sangria, and great service!!Special Features: