Agozar Cuban Bistro
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
CubanPrice: $30 and under
Agozar Cuban Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.agozarnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 677-6773
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
Sundays 5pm - 9pm
Lunch: Monday-Friday 12:00pm-4:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 11am-4pm, Sunday 11:30am- 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Cuban, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for private events and parties.
Visit our catering menu by clicking the link below:
- Entertainment: Live DJ.
- Special Events: We are well known for special events and private parties. Visit our Special Events page by clicking the link below:
A word from Agozar Cuban Bistro
Agozar! means to have a great time, and you will in this hip Cuban restaurant and Lounge offering the best in Cuban cuisine and Latin drinks. Nightly Happy Hour in Bar/lounge Buy 1 Get Free Drinks and Tapas. Now open for Lunch!Continued
Take a tour of the restaurant by clicking the link below.
Agozar Virtual Tour
Take a tour of the restaurant by clicking the link below.
Agozar Virtual Tour
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Agozar Cuban Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (10)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- NikiDined on 11/22/2014Had a late dinner here with a group of 8 friends. We all ordered and shared 4 Classic Cuban entrees and 3 tapas. The paella was great. Drinks were also very tasty. They had an extensive selection of mojitos. All in all a great find if you like authentic Cuban food. The bar is small, so not sure id go at night for drinks, but it's probably a fun happy hour spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but NoisyRedefinedivyDined on 11/8/2014I went to this restaurant with a friend. It was our first time there. The food was excellent and we were enjoying ourselves...that is until a large party of about 30 were sat next to us. They were extremely noisy and so overwhelming. Our server was good prior to the large party and them we were forgotten about. Our first experience would have been great if we could have been moved elsewhere.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodYvieBDined on 10/5/2014I had brunch at Agozar for a friend's birthday. The food was great and they were nice enough to seat the 3 of us while we waited for a 4th person to meet us there. Great place for brunch be be prepared for a LOUD dining experience. The mimosas were good - the sangria, not so much. The plantain chips and black bean hummus was DELISH along with the crispy beef and eggs i ordered as my meal.Special Features:
- ehkitkatVIPDined on 10/3/2014Went here for a celebratory dinner with friends for a new job. 6 people simple requests , sangria and guac. There was only one server for 6 tables and it kinda created a buzz kill when you've been sitting at a table waiting for drinks only to wait even more to have that order even taken. Overall it was an eh place , but probably won't be making a return .Special Features:
- jadesterVIPDined on 9/12/2014I have been here about 5 times and the service gets worse every time. It's a shame the food can be very good but they are always out of something or can't make a drink because the bartender has not arrived. The waiter seemed to have an attitude and lacked customer service. Do not think I will be going backSpecial Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceesolidarityDined on 8/22/2014Excellent Cuban fare. Food is colorful, flavorful and well presented. Friendly wait and service staff.Special Features:
- The following 373 reviews are from the Agozar Cuban Bistro reviews archive.
- Tasty TapasBrycewDined on 7/19/2014A good spot for drinks and to order a few small plates to share.Special Features:
- brunch experienceyesse17Dined on 7/13/2014The pre fixe is a good deal but the drinks aren't that strong.... also I think they forgot the hollandaise on my eggs benedict :(
- Went for early Sun BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014Not crowded at all, so service was excellent, Cannot really rate properlySpecial Features:
- Neighborhood gemGlenEllynDinersDined on 6/10/2014There are only two things I didn't like. They were in the process of hanging some televisions on the wall so that was really loud. The chicken with onions on top was kind of dry. The pork was really good. We liked the limonada rosada drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSteveEVIPDined on 6/3/2014Have been coming here over the last three years and the quality has been steadily decreasing. Was hoping after having not visited for a while I would have a better experience but was terribly disappointed. Stay away from the calamari. The rest of the small plates we had were passable but nothing was special or made you want to return.
- Good placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014Overall, had an enjoyable time. The service was good, food was good- nothing out of the ordinary but tasty. Cute little place for drinks and tapasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!!TillNextTimeDined on 5/10/2014My wife & I had a amazing time. The food wa great and the drinks were as well. We will be coming back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GGuerra21Dined on 5/2/2014Went here for a birthday dinner with my boyfriend, food was pretty savory. The waiter was attentive, however as it was later on at night the noise level was pretty high and we could barely hold a conversation (even though we were sitting in the dining part of the restaurant).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NomadDined on 4/27/2014Came here for a late dinner. Love the ambiance of this place. Great food and the bar downstairs (though the stairs are located next door) was perfect for our group- small/intimate, strong drinks and awesome service! Highly recommend this place for dinner or a pre-drink before a night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and Amazing!NotAmusedBoucheVIPDined on 4/22/2014I had the Arroz con Pollo and it was very flavorful and filling. Drinks were nice as well, an all around pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014So many places to eat in NYC/ Greenwich Village. Try this one if you can. You will not be sorry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huevos rancheros !ValFromParisVIPDined on 3/30/2014I went there with my friends, based on their recommandation for the best huevos rancheros in the City. This place could be crrowded for brunch, but you can book on OpenTable. The food was good, and if you want to drink a lot, you can take the prix-fixe menu, with unlimited drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for tapasMeganmDined on 3/28/2014The restaurant has a wide selection of delicious Cuban tapas that are perfect for sharing. Not too expensive, and they have a great happy hour on both food and drinks during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, But Not GreatCityDiner10VIPDined on 3/24/2014I used to go to Agozar all the time. I hadn't been in a few years. For some reason I remember the portions being a little bigger and the selection a little broader. The flavors on most of what we got were great - there just wasn't enough of it. However, the staff there is fantastic and helped make this a good dining experience. I hope that the quietness was just due to it being a Monday night. This is a good place and I would recommend it. Just want people to be aware of the portion sizes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arroz con pollo beats my mom's!CubanitaDined on 3/14/2014Good food, great vibes, friendly staff, and decent service. Being a huge Cuban food fan, the entire night I was comparing their food to all the other places I've been to and also to my mom's cooking as well! Definitely the best dishes on the menu include yuca fritas, camarones ajillo, and sopa de frijoles negros con arroz. By far the arroz con pollo was THE BEST I've ever had!! And it's hard to beat my mom's delicious Cuban cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I liked it alotJtripDined on 3/11/2014I liked the food. IM cuban and its hard to find cuban food i really enjoy that compares to my moms food. Of course thats a hard feat , but Agozar cuban bistro is a contender. The food was well seasoned and had its own flare. I recommend it. The mojitos werent my fave but they were decently good. I would recommend people go and check it out. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCaliforniaNtheWorldDined on 3/7/2014I had a dinner for three there the other night and was sorely disappointed. They jammed the three of us into a table that would comfortably fit one, snugly fit two, and not at all fit three. The food was OK. We shared tapas and the highlight was the plantain chips with blackbean hummus. Lastly, we each got drinks. These were the most disappointing for what was supposed to be a fun ladies night out. The mojito was light on the rum and way too sweet. The margarita of a friend was basically just ice with little flavor. The meal of 1.33 tapas a person and a drink each came out to over 30 dollars, way above what it was worth.
- Pricey But NicedeepBlueDined on 3/4/2014The steak was good so was the traditional cuban pollo and yellow rice. The portion size for the rice was too much. I barely ate half of it. I do think its a bit pricier for the location. I liked the atmosphere though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchMeganmDined on 3/1/2014Came in for lunch and the tapas were absolutely delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot,...The food wasAdrianDined on 2/16/2014Nice spot,...The food was good, great tapas selectionSpecial Features:
- Cuban brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014After a last minute decision to find a boozy brunch, I remembered agozar has a pre-fixe brunch. Made a quick reservation and a hour and a half later we were there. Plenty of dishes to choose from, all equally delicious. I had the Vaca Frita and friends and my friend had the combination plate. Sangria was delicious. It was really loud. There were two large groups where we were sitting. Overall good. I would come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food...Sucky SerivceCrisDined on 2/1/2014I came here for brunch for the second time visiting this restaurant. The food is awesome! They have some creative brunch dishes and the Cuban style food tastes great. I would have given this restaurant 5 stars if it wasn't for the poor service. They offer a pre-fix menu that includes unlimited sangrias if you opt-in for two hours. Our first Sangria didn't even hit our table until after 40 minutes of waiting to be served as it seemed like everyone around us was being attended to. When the waitress finally arrives she doesn't even tell us about the pre fix option but I knew of it from going once before and reading other reviews. We kept having to ask the male waiter for sangria re-fills to what was supposed to be "unlimited"..Special Features:
- New Year Pre-FixeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013It was great to have a sampler set of all four (4) courses. However there was lack of disclosure on their menu availability/restrictions for the night. We had to sit through a pre-fixed menu when we expected to have an a la carte. The food selection was astounding, but it is priced higher than I give it credit for. The service is great, friendly and accommodating staff, space is small but cozy.Special Features:
- Great place for a family nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The food is awesome, really generous portions and a very special taste, not that try to Cuban food but you can call it a contemporaneous Cuban food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vaca frita rockedeastsidecubanaDined on 12/27/2013The three of us agreed, the vaca frita was the best of all our dishes. And the platanitos maduros were just as good as any Miami spot.Special Features:
- Brunch was alot better.JP112Dined on 12/26/2013Had lunch with 3 friends. Only 1 person was fully satisifed with his meal. I had high expectations b/c brunch usually delicious. $5 Sangria was fine.Special Features:
- Latin gemPhillydesisDined on 12/23/2013Great food and drinks although they were out of the Cuban cigars dessert excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLuisDined on 12/4/2013I can't get enough of Agozar! The food is awesome! It's noisy but that's what creates the unique vibe. I recommend you make a reservation because the place is usually packed after 7pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot! We enjoyed outjengVIPDined on 12/1/2013Great spot! We enjoyed out unlimited sangria and brunch along with very attentive service. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingMommyDearestDined on 11/28/2013My family and I came to Agozar for Thanksgiving. It was our first time and we all enjoyed it. It was a fixed menu so everything was already set up but we can't wait to go back and try the items on their everyday regular menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving feastAngieDined on 11/28/2013This our second year coming for Thanksgiving feast and again my family and I had a great time. The food it's AMAZING! The service outstanding. We are making this now as a new family tradition. Thanks Chef ... AGOZAR!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Agozar Cuban Bistro a gem in the EVtonyDined on 11/28/2013I love this place, me and my friends have made this our annual outing for Thanksgiving dinner when we stay in the city! The drinks are fantastic, all the staff are friendly and attentive, and the food is delicious. A must try for anyone in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverloadNYCTravelerVIPDined on 10/15/2013Great mojitos!! The masitas were almost entirely fat. I know pork belly is fatty, but usually there's a little meat layered between the fat. It should be split between at least 4 people. The ropa vieja and lechon were both great.Special Features:
- good strong sangria ...i recommendGoodeats17Dined on 10/6/2013good strong sangria ...i recommend the 2 hour unlimited sangria brunch special for $28 a person includes meal and sangria for 2 hours.Special Features: